IVF/ICSI Support Group

So sorry to hear that ringbell. Rest well and take time to heal in all sense of the word before you try to conceive.

Thank u bbpony and connie_hopeful

this time I tried lot of things. Tried tcm tsb herbs, endo scratch, black more conceive well gold, brazil nuts, chicken essence and also was not bed resting. I was doing all of my house hold things but was very careful.

besides above changes were done in my medications also. Saizen was added and I was on very low dosage ( only 125 ul of puregon, was later increased to 133.3 ul only) bcz sadhana belived that if less quantity quality would be good. Her statistics worked for me:).
only 6 eggs. 5 matured. 4 fertilized and 2 became blastocyst. for my first fresh 19 eggs retrived by day3 i had 9 embryos. Sadhana told to do frozen instead of fresh transfer bcz few ofmy eggs already ovulated. Tried 1 frozen cycle with day3 embryos but failed. Dr s suggested to go for blastocyst culture with remaining embryos. But out of 7 embryos none could make it. All were arrested. Quite depressed. Dr s encouraged us to try fresh cycle.

During tww also I asked dr s for diff support then inserts bcz I was having alot of lekage with them so doubt they can support my embryos or not. Dr s prescribed me 1000 units of pregnyl shots every 3 days once. I was quite relaxed and stressed out with then bcz I know they can reach my embryos thru blood.

before 2 months to start cycle I took blackmores folate, coq010, vitamin b12. Read some where that they will Increase fertilization rate. Husband also started migrate and few vitamin suppliments. His soldiers were bad quality.

during tww for 1st week i was very relaxed bcz Iwas having on and off cramps and sore boobs.But 2nd week cramps were gone. Was upset and decided to try next cycle with dato coloin In malysia bcz he can do pgd. Though i was on hcg shots i started to test before they leave my body. Suprisingly line became darker. Was very happy:)

i must thank each and every lady here. U people supported me alot during my tough times and after joining this forum i learnt manyyyyy things. I wish god must bless all the ladies here veryyyyy sooon. Sorry ladies such along post:p

Hi!! Can I ask where u get all this vitamins you and ur hubby took. blackmores folate, coq010, vitamin b12. Husband also started migrate and few vitamin suppliments. His soldiers were bad quality.

Did ur hubby sperm improved?

I am going fresh cycle in Mar. When doctor review last week and they cannot judge why the two is low grade cause was Matthew lau who done the ER. However Dr veronique say my blood test everything is okay, and only need to produce good quality egg cause I only retrieve 4 egg despite the scan show I have 11 eggs, and Dr veronique told me that the remaining 7 all turn to folical during ER day.

So she concluded she will increase my dosage and add on a additional injection to help to make the egg better. Any of u gone thru.

We have seen him. I find him not bad. Patient to explain when we had questions. He is not my ivf doc but my hubby was seeing him.

He did my ER and then ET I see him cause embryo cannot transfer due to low grade and I asked him why low grade and he say my doctor will explain to him. So from then I super angry with him.

Hi!! Can I ask where u get all this vitamins you and ur hubby took. blackmores folate, coq010, vitamin b12. Husband also started migrate and few vitamin suppliments. His soldiers were bad quality.

I am going fresh cycle in Mar. When doctor review last week and they cannot judge why the two is low grade cause was Matthew lau who done the ER. However Dr veronique say my blood test everything is okay, and only need to produce good quality egg cause I only retrieve 4 egg despite the scan show I have 11 eggs, and Dr veronique told me that the remaining 7 all turn to folical during ER day.

So she concluded she will increase my dosage and add on a additional injection to help to make the egg better. Any of u gone thru.

hi there,
Hugs.
"remaining 7 all turn to folical during ER day."

What do u mean by this?

Is it Means they are not matured during er and cannot be retrieved?

Then I'm very unlucky loh. I was assigned to Dr Jerry xx and I met his team member on first day of consultation. I don't see anyone talking about this Dr Jerry. I tried to play cheat. I pressed twice the que number, hoping I will see another doctor. Who knows, it's the same doctor on my que number slip. ><

I won't be seeing any doctor tomorrow. The nurse at KKH asked me to walk in to the test room to do blood test. I will meet a doctor on 19th Jan. I hope it's not Dr Jerry xx. :( I hope it's Dr Tan or Lau or others that you ladies have mentioned.

Actually, Dr Jerry is an associate director and senior consultant. You will be in good hands. Jiayou dear.

Thank you @dramaqueenie

I just had my blood test for protesgrone and rubella. Luckily the queue wasn't very long. Took less than 15 minutes to complete and left the hospital (without payment). My husband asked if I paid for the blood test. "Do I need to pay?" Hahahaha.. I am very scared of needles. I scared until I forgot to pay for the test. I went back to pay.

Thank you @dramaqueenie

I just had my blood test for protesgrone and rubella. Luckily the queue wasn't very long. Took less than 15 minutes to complete and left the hospital (without payment). My husband asked if I paid for the blood test. "Do I need to pay?" Hahahaha.. I am very scared of needles. I scared until I forgot to pay for the test. I went back to pay.

LOL! @paperclip, you need to overcome your fear of needles, coz all the stimulation drugs for IVF to grow your eggs will have to be injected by yourself or a family member into the fatty area of your belly, on a daily basis. At least 2 injections a day. You can go to the hospital everyday to ask a nurse to inject for you, but you have to spend the time daily to go to there.

@Archie7 Me and my husband came to an agreement that he shall help me with the injections every day. I can't do it myself. I can't overcome the fear. Scary! I think I have one more blood test to do when it is my 2nd or 3rd day menses.

@Archie7 Me and my husband came to an agreement that he shall help me with the injections every day. I can't do it myself. I can't overcome the fear. Scary! I think I have one more blood test to do when it is my 2nd or 3rd day menses.

Good for you. My hubby has butter fingers so he will never do it for me, heck, he may even in his clumsiness cause the needle to break off and embed in my tummy! I had to do it myself.

I'm sure you know to close your eyes, take deep breaths, and don't look at the needle. :)

LOL! @paperclip, you need to overcome your fear of needles, coz all the stimulation drugs for IVF to grow your eggs will have to be injected by yourself or a family member into the fatty area of your belly, on a daily basis. At least 2 injections a day. You can go to the hospital everyday to ask a nurse to inject for you, but you have to spend the time daily to go to there.
Why 2 injections a day? Not 1 meh?

Don't worry, me too. I dare not see so my hubby inject for me everyday. 2 jabs everyday and cmg last few days before ER.. 3 jabs... Don't worry it just passes with a blink.

My OHSS was quite terrible. Super super bloated. Look like 5 mths preggy. Cannot even stand straight or walk properly. Haiz... anyway way to let it subside faster?
if really feel sick due to ohss bettr inform the clinic. drink mre non carbonated isotonic drinks and water .hope it helps . my last ivf i also felt qte bloated , but not ohss yet. but i kiasu kiasi quickly called clinic and dr asked me go down for a scan to ensure i was ok.thereafter i felt bettr hee...

Thank you @dramaqueenie

i also scared of needles...i scared of the self injections, scared of blood test, scared of accupuncture even! cry.....so bettr warn u first, u need to drw at least 3 times of blood for ivf and around 14 self injections or more .jiayou

though i am scared of needles, i brave brave injected myself. when my hubby did it for me, he couldnt jab straight in and ended up pain and bruise . so i had no choice , need to be brave

Hey. NTUC also sell healthy nuts. I saw it at Ang Mo Kio Hub NTUC. It's pretty expensive. 100gram for $13 or more, depends what kind of nuts you choose. Nuts are protein rich. Health cautious people or those visit gyms regularly eat unsalted nuts to build muscles. If you do not exercise regularly, snack too much of these nuts can turn into fats. You can find more info from Facebook Health Digest.

One way to overcome the fear of injection is to numb the area where you are going to jab with ice. I did that and the injections are a breeze. No pain at all. Sisters who are afraid, can try that. :)

Finally wait till e day to see doctor tomolo to review sa freezing report n to see our eligibility to do ivf at kkh. Nurse called to say freezing results no good. Duno wat kkh doc has in stored for us. :/

Last edited:

Elizabeth I bought black more folate from watson. Coq010 and vit b12 from iherbs thru online. I took even blackmore conceive well gold.
Husbands migrate q10 I bought from whole sale shop: 03-04, 75 bukit timah road, boon siew building(its near by kkh) I think we cant get this medicine outside. mutli vitamins he was taking was acemax bought from kkh pharmacy. I told pharmacist to suggest some vitamins bcz we r going thru ivf. So they suggested this.

we dont know about his improvement bcz we didnt check. But with my postive result I can tell all together it worked for us

Besides we both were taking chinese herbs from tsb. All the best to ur fresh cycle. Hope this information would be helpful

One way to overcome the fear of injection is to numb the area where you are going to jab with ice. I did that and the injections are a breeze. No pain at all. Sisters who are afraid, can try that. :)

Finally wait till e day to see doctor tomolo to review sa freezing report n to see our eligibility to do ivf at kkh. Nurse called to say freezing results no good. Duno wat kkh doc has in stored for us. :/
all the best connie, hope u can do ivf this time round .

jas ,when r u doing your ivf? u hve jus done your check up right? first ivf?
Yup...first ivf n hv my BT n scan done during my first appt on 11/11...gg for my 2nd appt on 10/12 to review BT n hb's SA result...hope i can confirm the ivf plan by then... N hope to do it in Feb...

Somebody mention about dr jerry. I am his patient, and successfully bfp under him and moving to my 3rd tri now.. He is also being refer to by dr Loh.. Do trust his skill and knowledge.. Quite a number of ladies bfp under him... Some even with twins.

Back