IVF/ICSI Support Group

U tried dr yu at sgh? I think her skills not bad
hi connie , i failed one fresh under Dr yu. wil do a FET under her again in dec. according to Dr Yu ,i can start fresh in jan if dec fet fails .and i am thinking of changing dr for better luck. DR Yu is good ,but lack warmth . she is smiley , but u wont feel she really cares or is willing to spend more time talking to u. mayb i am asking for too much .i know she is really busy .on top of that i heard so many good things abt dr loh in this forum and his success rate seems rather high with a team of experienced embryologist s . if i need to do a fresh with dr loh in jan, i have to start all my checkup at tfc in dec . thus i am thinking of doing my fet in sgh in dec and at the same time start consultation with dr loh . do not wish to wait too long as i wil be very busy with work come feb. age is also another issue

I see dr loh at TFC. They only do fertility cases so you won't see pregnant ladies all around. Prices for same service and meds are slightly higher. Dr loh is main/resident doctor at TFC. Only sees patients there in morning. He has his own O&G clinic located at thomson hospital which he operates in the afternoon. And yes, waiting time at O&G is much longer..

Wait is ok at TFC esp if you get the early slots. And depends on luck as always. some patients take a loonng time for a consult. Usually wait is abt 30-45min to see doc and then depends how busy the nurses are to discharge abd provide the meds. Usually 2 nurses run the discharge op. A few times the clinic will call me and ask if can arrive earlier as they run ahead of schedule.

But if you ask me, the most important thing is to select a doctor you are comfortable with, regardless private or restructured hosp. If you think abt it, you only need to do abt 5-7 appmts depending if you are doing long vs short protocol from start to ET. BT usually all clinics they will ask you to be early in the morning.

What is a few days of annual leave or waiting hours if you find a doctor you comfortable with ?
Ron thanks for the info. your first kid was also a result of ivf under dr loh?

@Colettines, did the spotting stop? It can indeed be worrying. Would you consider going to kkh for doctor's assessment?

@bbpony, I think your doctor is referring to saizen. It is a growth hormone. You can google it for more info.
How r u now Colettines?
I went O&G the doc check say my cervix is still close n thinks it's old blood.i'm not sure but anyway they gave me extra support Duphaston.

hi connie , i failed one fresh under Dr yu. wil do a FET under her again in dec. according to Dr Yu ,i can start fresh in jan if dec fet fails .and i am thinking of changing dr for better luck. DR Yu is good ,but lack warmth . she is smiley , but u wont feel she really cares or is willing to spend more time talking to u. mayb i am asking for too much .i know she is really busy .on top of that i heard so many good things abt dr loh in this forum and his success rate seems rather high with a team of experienced embryologist s . if i need to do a fresh with dr loh in jan, i have to start all my checkup at tfc in dec . thus i am thinking of doing my fet in sgh in dec and at the same time start consultation with dr loh . do not wish to wait too long as i wil be very busy with work come feb. age is also another issue

This is my 3rd fresh wif dr Yu. 1st cycle bfp wif bb girl. Failed 2nd cycle. Went to see dr Loh for a second opinion. So imho I feel that if u r looking for a chirpy doc, dr Yu is not the correct candidate. Dr Yu is v straight to the point and can b quite hurtful sometimes.
But I still go back to her Cux 1) during my 1st pregnancy she was really good in diagnosing an issue my bb had vs another private gynae whom I had signed a package for 2) she has gd c sect skills ( in case I need it again) 3) when I had to do a d&c she was really thr for me at the operating bed 4) she is a Woman gynae..

Ron thanks for the info. your first kid was also a result of ivf under dr loh?
Not under dr loh but also with TFC dr LC cheng. he was the perfect doctor for me but he now operates from his clinic and too many pregnant ladies around when waiting so v heart breaking for a multiple ivf-er like me hahaha..

and ladies, i knw it had been mentioned a few times befre but may i ask wat is the estimated cost to do a ivf wif dr loh ? thank u very much

Estimate cost from 13k to 16k depends on dosage. He is director of TFC so morning will be there seeing patient. TFC is for fertility issue so you won't see preg woman there. He has his own clinic at TMC and will be there in the afternoon. You can see him for fertility issue at Tfc or TMC his clinic does not matter. Only TMC waiting time is very long and u may feel emo staring at big tummy while waiting.

As for consultation n scanning charges Tfc is more expensive. Whichever place u choose when come to ER n ET u will be transfer to TFC for procedure. In my opinion for first timer better to go TFC because there will be a proper room for explanation on jabs etc.

Last heard, Dr Loh is on leave on 26 dec onwards u can call to confirm.

Hi everyone! My husband has 0.3 million sperm count. 5 years trying to conceive naturally, and now we decide to try IVF. Any recommendations of good or perhaps good IVF obygn doctor in penang/malaka? Thanks

I am not sure about Penang but KL has a few popular dr. Dr Wong pak sing sunfert, dr tee metro. U can google to check.

U do not need to start all your checkup in dec. Just bring your SGH record there. Dr Loh will not ask u to redo test unless he feel is necessary.

This is my 3rd fresh wif dr Yu. 1st cycle bfp wif bb girl. Failed 2nd cycle. Went to see dr Loh for a second opinion. So imho I feel that if u r looking for a chirpy doc, dr Yu is not the correct candidate. Dr Yu is v straight to the point and can b quite hurtful sometimes.
But I still go back to her Cux 1) during my 1st pregnancy she was really good in diagnosing an issue my bb had vs another private gynae whom I had signed a package for 2) she has gd c sect skills ( in case I need it again) 3) when I had to do a d&c she was really thr for me at the operating bed 4) she is a Woman gynae..
thanks for the info hopeful78. i think i was jus too emo and sensitive during ivf.. felt lik the whole world was neglecting me, the whole world didnt want to listen to me hahaha. i will give my self another chance with Dr yu for the coming fet and go for consultation with dr loh and decide from then on about future attempts . i hope i need not try any fresh again. trying to b positive

Estimate cost from 13k to 16k depends on dosage. He is director of TFC so morning will be there seeing patient. TFC is for fertility issue so you won't see preg woman there. He has his own clinic at TMC and will be there in the afternoon. You can see him for fertility issue at Tfc or TMC his clinic does not matter. Only TMC waiting time is very long and u may feel emo staring at big tummy while waiting.

As for consultation n scanning charges Tfc is more expensive. Whichever place u choose when come to ER n ET u will be transfer to TFC for procedure. In my opinion for first timer better to go TFC because there will be a proper room for explanation on jabs etc.

Last heard, Dr Loh is on leave on 26 dec onwards u can call to confirm.
thanks jumbo girl, i wil call tfc tmrw to check

U do not need to start all your checkup in dec. Just bring your SGH record there. Dr Loh will not ask u to redo test unless he feel is necessary.
thanks jumbo girl, isnt it too late if i go see dr loh in jan if i wan to do fresh in jan? we have to check for egg reserve at least a month when af comes .u mean tht is also not needed as dr loh wil use the results from my previous test at sgh? .i was given my record from sgh by nurse , however the actual ivf procedure record i have to request from a different dept and need to wait and pay for it. think i wil jus bring watever i have to dr loh first.

thanks jumbo girl, isnt it too late if i go see dr loh in jan if i wan to do fresh in jan? we have to check for egg reserve at least a month when af comes .u mean tht is also not needed as dr loh wil use the results from my previous test at sgh? .i was given my record from sgh by nurse , however the actual ivf procedure record i have to request from a different dept and need to wait and pay for it. think i wil jus bring watever i have to dr loh first.
If u check your AMH less than a yr ago no need to check again. He will do day 2 scan to see your Antral follicle count n from there recommend your dosage. Also he will judge from your previous ivf response n suggest a protocol. So I feel AMH BT is not impt if u have done it before. No need to do again. Unless its a long time ago.

If your AF is end jab then early jan still not too late to see him. But it all depends on u doing long or short protocol.

thanks for the info hopeful78. i think i was jus too emo and sensitive during ivf.. felt lik the whole world was neglecting me, the whole world didnt want to listen to me hahaha. i will give my self another chance with Dr yu for the coming fet and go for consultation with dr loh and decide from then on about future attempts . i hope i need not try any fresh again. trying to b positive

Yup!! U may not need another fresh!! All the best!!

Old aunty,dr yu is straight to e point. But dun bother abt that. Focus on yr fet n stay positive on her skills. She helped many bfp before. Jiayou!

Old aunty, may i ask how old are you?

Ron, i'm 41 . shhhhhhh.......
Hahaa ok. we wont tell :)

This is my humble opinion as an older ivf-er. I will be 39 nxt yr if i need another fresh. Cld be 40 by time I deliever if goes all the way. For me, time is of the essence.

If you think your body is ok, and hv the financial resources to do it, i agree with your plan to go see dr loh concurrently and see what he thinks given your Feb will be a busy period. Perhaps he may say it's too close after the fet, or maybe w the FET support meds yoyr menses cycle may flow oever to feb then no need to think further.

But, while you, i & all the sisters here hope the most-est your FET works, it makes sense to go plan for your nxt steps.

I think no harm go & see dr loh, speak to him concretely abt wanting to start a fresh right after & ask him specifically what he wld plan for you (ie long protocol? short protocol? Any additonal meds?). It will cost you $100 in consultation but money wont buy time. And ask him if you decide against starting the fresh right after the FET, when is a good time? Max out your consult fee lah. if.you hv your fresh embryo reports and blood (FSH, AMH, etc) reports, ask him for him suggestion if anything you can take to improve nxt cycle if you need another fresh.

I am hoping we see a Xmas present for you but a Plan B is not a bad idea sometimes. Good luck, sister!

Oh do u mean when u were asked to do all the various tests, u haven't been assigned to any particular doc? Cos a fren was referred via polyclinic and she told me even though she did not get to choose a doc, she was assigned to Dr Matthew lau n his team. So every appt, she either see Dr lau himself or someone from his team.

Then I'm very unlucky loh. I was assigned to Dr Jerry xx and I met his team member on first day of consultation. I don't see anyone talking about this Dr Jerry. I tried to play cheat. I pressed twice the que number, hoping I will see another doctor. Who knows, it's the same doctor on my que number slip. ><

I won't be seeing any doctor tomorrow. The nurse at KKH asked me to walk in to the test room to do blood test. I will meet a doctor on 19th Jan. I hope it's not Dr Jerry xx. :( I hope it's Dr Tan or Lau or others that you ladies have mentioned.

Then I'm very unlucky loh. I was assigned to Dr Jerry xx and I met his team member on first day of consultation. I don't see anyone talking about this Dr Jerry. I tried to play cheat. I pressed twice the que number, hoping I will see another doctor. Who knows, it's the same doctor on my que number slip. ><

I won't be seeing any doctor tomorrow. The nurse at KKH asked me to walk in to the test room to do blood test. I will meet a doctor on 19th Jan. I hope it's not Dr Jerry xx. :( I hope it's Dr Tan or Lau or others that you ladies have mentioned.
Dr jerry got success cases too i think

Paperclip, if you have time, you can read back on some of the posts from a few months, there are sisters here who strike with dr jerry. Dont worry, i am sure you are in good hands.

Hi. I have been a silent reader since i've decided to embark on ivf in june. Did my ET in sept and am now close to 4 mths. Just want to share that I was under dr jerry and bfp on 1st try. He is a quiet dr who will give recommendations based on current stats but will let you make your own decisions. He isn't mentioned often in forums but i personally find him quite good.

Good to see more people coming forward to recommend Dr Jerry. Because when I googled his name, feedback about him was not very fantastic, though his consultation fees are cheaper than other doctors. Some mentioned they didn't have good impression about him. It's my first time, so I'm kinda worried. I don't want to waste my first time too. :(

Good to see more people coming forward to recommend Dr Jerry. Because when I googled his name, feedback about him was not very fantastic, though his consultation fees are cheaper than other doctors. Some mentioned they didn't have good impression about him. It's my first time, so I'm kinda worried. I don't want to waste my first time too. :(

I am under Dr Jerry too. True that he is a quiet person but he will still advise whatever I asked. In fact all my pre ivf checks and tests were all under him. He did the op for my lining too.

Initially you might be just seeing his team, happened to me too. But when ivf starts, u will see him direct. Even when u see his team instead of him, if u have any doubts, press on and they will approach him in the next room.

Maybe Dr Jerry's 手气 will suit u leh?

Hahaa ok. we wont tell :)

This is my humble opinion as an older ivf-er. I will be 39 nxt yr if i need another fresh. Cld be 40 by time I deliever if goes all the way. For me, time is of the essence.

If you think your body is ok, and hv the financial resources to do it, i agree with your plan to go see dr loh concurrently and see what he thinks given your Feb will be a busy period. Perhaps he may say it's too close after the fet, or maybe w the FET support meds yoyr menses cycle may flow oever to feb then no need to think further.

But, while you, i & all the sisters here hope the most-est your FET works, it makes sense to go plan for your nxt steps.

I think no harm go & see dr loh, speak to him concretely abt wanting to start a fresh right after & ask him specifically what he wld plan for you (ie long protocol? short protocol? Any additonal meds?). It will cost you $100 in consultation but money wont buy time. And ask him if you decide against starting the fresh right after the FET, when is a good time? Max out your consult fee lah. if.you hv your fresh embryo reports and blood (FSH, AMH, etc) reports, ask him for him suggestion if anything you can take to improve nxt cycle if you need another fresh.

I am hoping we see a Xmas present for you but a Plan B is not a bad idea sometimes. Good luck, sister!
yes ron, time is not on our side..need to make plan B fast cos as much as i wld lik to b super positive, the success rate is really less than 10% for my age
Dr Yu said i can start fresh in jan as my natural fet in dec needs no injection and hormones .but i wonder hw about the progestrone given during tww hor? tt also considered hormones isnt it .
the reports i have r the basic ones . need to go 'buy' the detailed one form sgh .

thank you ron. but i think most likely my transfer wil be jus after xmas . my Af aftr my first failed fresh came almost on time . she die die also must come every month and max late by 4 days only

Understand. I also had my doubts when i got dr jerry since he doesn't get mentioned often but i was thinking the drs must be doing their best to help too. Besides no ivf dr can guarantee 100% success at 1st try.

I was glad to be able to see him for most of my consultations and all of my procedures. I must say my ivf journey was quite pleasant. I had an op to remove a scarring from my previous d&c in june and started on long protocol in jul. I didnt get ohss after ER and ET was also fuss-free with 1 blastocyst transfer.

Trust you will be in good hands with dr jerry. :)

Does kkh do er on day 12 of cycle like other private centre practise or it can be earlier or later? At wat follicle size reach will they trigger e activation of trigger jab?

Am planning e date for my 2nd ivf..

Er is done when there are eggs which are of a certain size. It really depends on when the scan was done. My gynae does not like to see 1 egg bigger than the rest. He said it means that all thw hormones going to that one. He nearly cancelled my er until he saw some tiny ones catching up.

Does kkh do er on day 12 of cycle like other private centre practise or it can be earlier or later? At wat follicle size reach will they trigger e activation of trigger jab?

Am planning e date for my 2nd ivf..

Mine was originally schedule on D12. Abit hard to estimate the follicle as it depends on individual. I recall they told me I have a some on right and left so can proceed for ER last sat 29 nov. The doctor on duty wasn't very clear and detailed. After that we insisted to see doc tan as I was not comfortable to be put under another doc for both ER and ET and upon seeing him, he helped with pushing my ER earlier, which is today and he is around.

Hi Paper clip,
I with Dr Veronique, she schedule me and hubby got for hormon test, semen analyst, blood test. When do test direct go to the department, meet doctor only when result out.

Thanks dear sisters for e reply. I am trying to to estimate and apply leave during e critical period of er. N et after.

For my past fresh,my doc have a paper and they followed. Its like d14 will er. D12 trigger. So just wandering if kkh is like that for e mia on work planning :)

Mine was originally schedule on D12. Abit hard to estimate the follicle as it depends on individual. I recall they told me I have a some on right and left so can proceed for ER last sat 29 nov. The doctor on duty wasn't very clear and detailed. After that we insisted to see doc tan as I was not comfortable to be put under another doc for both ER and ET and upon seeing him, he helped with pushing my ER earlier, which is today and he is around.
Hope yr retrieval amt is good n all e best for yr et! :)

I was told they retrieved 8 eggs so not sure whether good or not haha but well.. Guess wed will be THE day :)
Cross fingers,its e quality that counts,i got 14 eggs in my 1st fresh but however not 1 make it. jiayou! U only need 1 good embrie n a comfy womb to make it. :)

Menses came before blood test. All the best to the other sisters who are on Tww. Will rest and think when to try the frozen cycle again.

Back