IVF/ICSI Support Group

Eeznyl, I mc one twin ard wk7, it started off as bloody water while I m asleep n I thot y urine leaking is it... then went clinic see gynae cfm one twin hb stop then send me bedrest in hospital. First 2 days I had blood clots flowing out then followed by spotting for many weeks. Dr wants me admit hospital bedrest is bcos he dun want infection occurs n affect my the other healthy bb. While in hospital I had proluton jab Daily thruout my stay n Ventolin to prevent contraction. It was until almost wk 11 then I no more spotting n by wk16++ can no longer see the dead twin sac inside.

Eeznyl, I mc one twin ard wk7, it started off as bloody water while I m asleep n I thot y urine leaking is it... then went clinic see gynae cfm one twin hb stop then send me bedrest in hospital. First 2 days I had blood clots flowing out then followed by spotting for many weeks. Dr wants me admit hospital bedrest is bcos he dun want infection occurs n affect my the other healthy bb. While in hospital I had proluton jab Daily thruout my stay n Ventolin to prevent contraction. It was until almost wk 11 then I no more spotting n by wk16++ can no longer see the dead twin sac inside.

Dolly_gal, thx for the info! I wonder y kkh refuse to jab me on Wednesday. The dr even tell me she cannot jab me cos i had 1 jab 2 days ago n i stupidly believe her! Omg... but for me only can see the sac n yolk. My bleeding gets slightly lesser abit today but more clots... the 1st dr at O&G told me it could be i having twins n i miscarriage 1... i hope he is right at least i still can keep 1 baby. But now i realise i cld have the proluton jab everyday kinda feels cheated. .. it could have make a significant difference to me!

Im week Wk9+ now, and MC a twin but the dead SAC is still in me. Now only can pray that the MC doesnt cause infection to the other healthy sac.

Im week Wk9+ now, and MC a twin but the dead SAC is still in me. Now only can pray that the MC doesnt cause infection to the other healthy sac.
Are they monitoring you now?

Read earlier (think it's dollygal's post) that she admitted so they can monitor to ensure won't cause infection to the healthy one.
pray that the MC get pass out and healthy one grow up healthy and good...

Must be really stressful.. :(

Take one day at a time ladies. Please don't let the stress get the better of you. It is never easy for ladies going thru ivf but I sincerely hope that your journeys be easier soon. Rest well.

Mine didn't pass out, kind of absorb into the body itself after a long time. Dr only tell me unless sharp pain n cramps then quickly go back to him, if not spotting just ignore it...

Thx connie, sac still in me... i guess that's a consolation but still early to detect any fetal pole or heartbeat. Bed rest 1 more week then go bk next fri scan again. .. by then shld b able to know if its a viable pregnancy.
Jiayou to you n yr beanie! Continue to talk to it..

Are they monitoring you now?

Read earlier (think it's dollygal's post) that she admitted so they can monitor to ensure won't cause infection to the healthy one.
pray that the MC get pass out and healthy one grow up healthy and good...

Must be really stressful.. :(

How big is your beannie? I measured mine on monday, about 2.5cm. Ours should be about the same size since we are only one day apart. I think another 2 to 3 weeks, we can do our oscar test?

As long Beanie growing n dr no show concern, just relax n rest... cos every bb is different... dun get too paranoid n compare ard …

i am gg to start my first ivf this mth with kkh, in next 2-3 days time. currently at age 40, coming 41. Heard that successful rate is super low. I am wondering am i still in time for Acupuncture treatment to boost ivf?

Kymkym, no harm to try if you want to give it a try. Whilst yes the success rate plunges with age, we all just need one good egg. Who knows if luck is on your side :)

good luck!!

;)"extracted from thomson med : A German study in April 2002 showed that 42.5% of women, who underwent acupuncture, once before and once after the transfer of the embryos into the uterus, become pregnant versus that of 26.25% without acupuncture. " ~~ so ok if i only go for 2 sessions? or should kaisu a bit...

just go along with a acupuncturist you are comfortable with. S/He will advise how many sessions they advise. Then just follow your heart how many sessions you want to do.

i am gg to start my first ivf this mth with kkh, in next 2-3 days time. currently at age 40, coming 41. Heard that successful rate is super low. I am wondering am i still in time for Acupuncture treatment to boost ivf?

Yes low low low but just go with the Nike motto. Low chance doesn't mean no chance. :) Me 42 and will be doing my 3rd transfer soon.

Do what you feel will make you more confident with the ivf. I guess no one here can exactly say if you should or should not do the tcm. I used to be on tcm until i started ivf. Had thought of resuming it for my 3rd transfer but I'm starting it end sep and i personally find it's too short a time to do much. That's just my view. I can get by ivf not thinking about acu... so if you really want acu just visit and sinseh will advice what's best for you.

Hi ladies, for those who have done fresh or frozen transfers before, is there an ideal range that your lining must be before the doc does the transfer?

I just made an appointment to see Dr Yu end of this mth as i would like to start my 2nd fresh cycle with them.

Can i check, anyone brought their medical reports from previous hospital and show Dr Yu?

Any idea what is needed? Or i request my whole medical reports from kkh?

I just made an appointment to see Dr Yu end of this mth as i would like to start my 2nd fresh cycle with them.

Can i check, anyone brought their medical reports from previous hospital and show Dr Yu?

Melingg,dr yu is a good n experienced doc just 1 bad thg is she is veri frank. This is my accessment with 1 visit with her. I think will be good to get e relevant reports to show her.

Frank as in?

I shall try and see if i can gets reports from kkh.
She is to e point lor. When she scan me, She told me "you have beautiful lining,too bad there is no sperms But at least still can have bd.". Didnt get to follow her as She sent me to another gynae in sgh for male infertility
(Background: my hubby has veri veri little sperms)
Kkh do not give report printouts to patients after each visit? Sgh does n do not need to pay for e report.

Last edited:
How big is your beannie? I measured mine on monday, about 2.5cm. Ours should be about the same size since we are only one day apart. I think another 2 to 3 weeks, we can do our oscar test?
Just had my scan today...
Measure 24mm, 2.4cm..

Consider as week9+1, which correlate to the date too

2 weeks back abit concerned coz size measured is one week behind.

But Dr Sadhana say it's normal as early stage measurement not so accurate.

So today she say no need to worry..

:)

Hi sisters, saw heartbeat and baby tdy : )

Congrats! Happy for u!

Your is really beautiful miracle! I rem u said still can't detect fetal pole at 6+ weeks n the sac only dated 5 weeks. Hcg dun looks promising too... i hope i can be as lucky as u!

Actually I'm 7+5weeks today, but the scan only dating close to 6weeks. It's still kinda slow...
I'm jus hoping my bb will catch up and be normal and healthy.

Just had my scan today...
Measure 24mm, 2.4cm..

Consider as week9+1, which correlate to the date too

2 weeks back abit concerned coz size measured is one week behind.

But Dr Sadhana say it's normal as early stage measurement not so accurate.

So today she say no need to worry..

:)

Thats great. Im always excited when i get to scan especially when my gynae let me hear heartbeat. Its really amazing :)

E dr yu u saying is fr sgh right?dr yu su ling?

I tried to get my medical reports from kkh but you got to jump through hoops to get yours. I didn't want to be taken for a spin so I asked the nurse to write for me the important details for me. She wrote it for me with no qualms. :) the info was enough for my current gynae. She wrote the medicine used and all the info that was gathered from day 1 to egg transfer.

Actually I'm 7+5weeks today, but the scan only dating close to 6weeks. It's still kinda slow...
I'm jus hoping my bb will catch up and be normal and healthy.

Congrats tsf. ....so did u transfer only 1 embryo or 2 ? I think sometimes it's normal to slower ....

She is to e point lor. When she scan me, She told me "you have beautiful lining,too bad there is no sperms But at least still can have bd.". Didnt get to follow her as She sent me to another gynae in sgh for male infertility
(Background: my hubby has veri veri little sperms)
Kkh do not give report printouts to patients after each visit? Sgh does n do not need to pay for e report.

Kkh dun have! And i checked their webbie. If ordinary medical reports, $90++ -.-

I gonna call them up and check...

Enznyl,i hope so. Tcm n gynae says our soldiers veri bad quality n qty. N now i maybi got polyp n scarring. I also hoping n looking for miracle via tcm n icsi.
U take care n hope u have a boring n non eventful 9mths :)

My hubby sperm quality not ideal too but i bought supplements for him from overseas n it indeed improves after 3 mths. No matter how bad it is sure able to find a few good ones from the millions. I believe tcm does helps... be positive!

My hubby sperm quality not ideal too but i bought supplements for him from overseas n it indeed improves after 3 mths. No matter how bad it is sure able to find a few good ones from the millions. I believe tcm does helps... be positive!
His is only 30( less than 100)..he ate supplements for 9 mths but to no avail. i can only hope for e best.

Back