IVF/ICSI Support Group

@redvel.. Natural FET has got nothing.. No jabs.. No meds.. Gonna go for my first scan tmr.. As for HL.. Standard is 3 days.. You'll needa ask Dr S if u need more..

Phew.... MichNg I'm glad you don't need a fresh. FET is so much less demanding. You're transfering D3 ones?

Go for it this cycle. Just try. I have this cycle to ttc natural too but too bad hubby is in reservist. So FET here I'm ready.

Rachelt, ok thanks. You're doing FET also? Forgot your coming one is fresh or FET.

3 days? Boring. Ok I will ask for one week .Haa.

May I ask if anyone knows when to start taking Tan Siew Buoy tcm meds? I was given 5 pkts and she gave a chart which I am supposed to chart my temperature. Which day should I start boiling the meds?

Yeah, FET much easier. Less strain on body. I sometimes forgot that I was in 2ww.
If same like last cycle I will transfer D5. But bit concerned cos last cycle only 1 D5 of 4 frosties survived to ET and I bfn. Don't know what other changes THH will recommend.
@rachelt all the best for your scan

MichNg, see what THH has to say in your coming appt with him.

Before seeing Dr S, I have some permutations in my mind about my frosties. Should I transfer 3 D2 and keep the 2 D2 or should I consider blasto. But what if all 5 can't make it to blasto then game over. But I know blasto statistically still yields better success, etc. I discussed all these with her. And I also wanted to hear what she thinks she would do for me. I know many ladies here have different views about blasto culture. But ultimately I feel we have to have faith with our doc.

Janices, good question. I forgot this one. Ha. About the pill whether to take orally or insert into the V. Anyone else remembers? Really can't recall this one. I only remember I took it at home before heading to the hospital.

For those whom had done medicated FET, so you will still get scans right? Will you also get HCG trigger shot prior to ovulation? My frozen embies are day2. Since Dr will be culturing them to blastos, I guess kkh has to monitor my transfer timing even more closely by giving buffer days for the culturing?

So for natural FET, there's absolutely no pills no jab?
Lol nvm lah... This type of things better don't remember :p

I did natural cycle, think I only jab pregnyl once b4 transfer

May I ask if anyone knows when to start taking Tan Siew Buoy tcm meds? I was given 5 pkts and she gave a chart which I am supposed to chart my temperature. Which day should I start boiling the meds?
Take after menses.. CD5 or 6 depending on ur cycle.. If no menses now.. U can start immediately.. But when AF reports, you'll needa stop..

@redvel, I agree. That's my thots too last cycle.
I'm just assuming that my embies are not healthy based on past trend of abnormal growth and failure to cultivate. just thinking too much!

Hi ladies, got my blood test results. From the tests, it was revealed that I am ANA positive. It explains the 2 miscarriages I had and 1 failed ivf. Doc is recommending that if and when I get pregnant, I would have to be on aspirin and heparin therapy. Yikes! 9 months of jabbing. :( definitely a difficult journey ahead.

Go O&G 24 hours clinic and tell them you wanna be admitted so they can monitor you closely. I was admitted at kkh and they didnt give me the jab. After discharge i went SGH to get the progesterone jab.

Pepper, the dr did say even if they admit me it doesn't help too. I had a jab on monday so they can't jab me anymore.

Eeznyl, if you dont mind me saying, and i know it's such a disturbing time..

There is nothing you can do. Pls stop worrying as the body picks up the stress. Stay positive, tell embbie to fight on - let baby know you are fighting. Eat well, read some positive books, watch some funnies, sleep,

You are. pregnant. Focus on that and not the bleeding. Some women bleed thru their 1st tri and as worrisome as it is, there is sometimes nothing any doctor or sinseh can do.

You can go and insist on being admitted but all they can do is monitor. Go and do that if it makes you less stressed.

Otherwise, just rest and dun think of all the bad stuff.

We are all praying and rooting for your little one. But you need to rest and stay calm and positive.

Thanks Ron, im eating n resting well... watch comedy to distract myself but when its time to go toilet i will freak out. Trying to talk to beanie n pray too. Only can hope for the best now.

Eeznyl, I can feel you. During my no. 1 I started bleed from week 12 or so onwards. Almost every week will bleed and the last was abt week 16 or 20 that I was admitted to hospital for a week as there was a lot of bleeding until the whole toilet stained. In hospital, nurses n doc can only monitor blood pressure & bleeding. As I'm alone at home, I feel more at ease in hospital so we requested to stay longer till the weekends when hub not working then discharge. It depends on how comfy you are but most impt is to rest well. Keep talking to your baby and try not to think so much. I know it's not easy but must do something to distract yourself. I immerse myself on tv n when I was discharged, I stayed with my aunt so I hv company n someone to take care of me n talk to.

Janice, i think i feel more comfortable at home tho its jus me n my maid. Ya trying very hard to distract myself n keep my spirit up. Im feeling better today actually.

Tsf, I had similar case as yours last aug but mine didn't end up viable. My HCG double for the 1st week n after which it didn't, during my 8th week scan my fetal only showed 6 weeks old n growing very slowly, that's when my hcg dropped a little. Stopped all support n had natural misccarriage.

Janice, my hcg only increase from 9100 on monday to 9800 on Wednesday. Not sure shld i feel glad that it didnt drop or shld i be sad that it increases only 700 within 48 hours. Trying to stay positive but be mentally prepared too.

Can anyone share experience or help.
I failed my medicated FET in August. Based on my calendar I should be ovulating now. But having very sore nipples and sharp on/off pain on lower left abdomen. I'm not sure if that's any indication of something wrong.

Mitch, when I failed my FET in May, I also had the same symptoms. Breast like congested. Went for scan saw a follicle 2.9cm!!! Not ovulated properly so stuck and became a cyst.

It shrank after I took BCP as I was on the way for new ivf cycle. Not sure if you are not ovulating properly but could be possible.

Mitch, when I failed my FET in May, I also had the same symptoms. Breast like congested. Went for scan saw a follicle 2.9cm!!! Not ovulated properly so stuck and became a cyst.

It shrank after I took BCP as I was on the way for new ivf cycle. Not sure if you are not ovulating properly but could be possible.
Thanks @muff for sharing. I'll ask dr to scan when next visit him.

Dear sisters, was away for a few days as my old phone died on me so was unable to access Internet.

Hiaz, juz finished catching up on all the previous posts with a heavy heart. Very depressing to read...

Janice, i think i feel more comfortable at home tho its jus me n my maid. Ya trying very hard to distract myself n keep my spirit up. Im feeling better today actually.
:) as long as you feel more comfortable then will be alright. During then I'm alone at home so I feel more secure in hospital.
Keep talking to yr embbies

Btw how many weeks are you now? Hcg will stop doubling I think after week 10 if I'm not wrong

Last edited:
Its has been a rough week for some of you...

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 161
I personally won't use digital for early hpt. I always think they are not as sensitive as some other non digital ones, despite what it claims.

Frenchielover may i know is your a d5 transfer or not?

Eeznyl n tsf, hope everything goes well for u ladies tmr. Frenchdoglover, 9 days past et still early to test. If I m u I will only test 2 -3 days before bt due. No point makes urself disappoint so early . late implantation can happen

But it still sucks each time. the crying gets less but the pain still cuts like a knife. I kinda hate IF very much right now (hahaha sorry, amplified PMS after stopping utro meds)

I also hate IVF. I never thought I would end up doing IVF. And while in it, I hate it more. But I do it just because I've kinda exhausted other means and my hubby told me "just try and don't get ourselves with too high expectations". I guess his words help me to manage my emotions.

Indeed the ivf journey sucks. But hey, cliche but I guess life is a mixture of rose bed and disappointment. It's ok to cry; ok to be having hope. Let's all take a step at a time and pray and make the best out of the journey.

Huggies. Including to myself. =)

Last edited:
Indeed, @redvel. No woman who just got married would expect to have to use IVF as a last resort. People who have not been through the agony of IVF think it is a breezy walk through the park. Like any woman can go through 8 - 10 rounds of IVF as easily as swallowing pills! :mad: Worse is that they think that IVF is guaranteed to succeed and result in pregnancy and live birth, due to one-sided media reports that glamourise IVF. :confused: I have lost count of the number of people who tell me, "Don't worry, you can always go through IVF!", and "My friend's friend went through 8 rounds of IVF and now they have twins!" They are well-meaning but end up ignorant and hurtful. They just need to read this thread to know what reality is. I really regret sharing my IVF experiences with others. On hindsight, I should have just shared it with you ladies in the same boat.

My heart goes out to all the sisters here who are struggling. I wish I could hug each and everyone of you and tell you that things are gonna get better.

Ivf journey is nvr easy especially for Those who have to go thru more than 3 times to get bfp . Of cos super congrats to Those strike at first try n twins somemore.
The emotional roller coaster isn't easy to ride, fm the day bt shows u bfp u worry till the day u gives birth.
After talking to mummies in my smh group who conceive naturally, after my explanation then they realize How forunate they are n How much we went thru...
I did 8 tries to come to my current wk27 +. I really hope ladies here dun give up, I know it's not easy, it's the faith n determination that holds us till date n u will realised ur r/s w dh is definitely stronger than ever after been thru so much. It has Actually open my eyes to see my man all over again y I choose hIm in the first place.
Jiayou ladies!

Yes yes pat pat everyone :)

Qn : I usually O naturally on ~CD17/18. For IVF with stim, my retrieval date is obviously earlier, on CD13.

For those whom have done medicated FET, does your natural ovulation day matter? At which point are you administered trigger shot? If say I get my trigger shot tonight, when will by D5 embies be transfered into me?

I'm just trying to antipate when my HL may start. Thanks.

Oh no, I really need to get my FET facts right haha.

Ok so do i need to do OPK? Or the scans will determine when I will O?

Transfer before O? So strange? Shouldnt the embies be there only after I O (like naturall ttc)? Gee Im so confused someone needs to walk me through! =)

@redvel.. your FET will be D5 culture/blast too?
from what i know.. let's take examples ya.. if your O is on the 1st.. and your snowies are D2 snowies.. they'll only thaw your snowies D2 of ur O.. your snowies will be the same "age" as your womb..
as for opk.. they told me not to do it when i called them to report AF.. but today the review doc told me i can start my OPK now and monitor and track my O..

For my medicated I didn't need to use opk at all. Dr just scan, check lining and decide date to trf. I asked if need to check for ovulation, but Dr Vivien (I think) said no need, will trf before ovulate naturally.

Redvel for medicated FET u will not ovulate bcz estrogen tablets will suppress ur ovulation. Medicated FET goes like this

call kkivf when ur af starts they will ask u to come down and collect ur medicine

Must start medicine in the form of tablets from day 4 and go for scanning probably on day 10 or day 11

On first scanning they will check ur lining and based on that they will adjust the dosage

When ur lining is ready they will schedule ur ET date. As urs is blasto must start on progesterone pessaries before 5 days of transfer.

There will be no ovulation or trigger shot in medicated FET.

Ur transfer date depends on ur lining growth.

Redvel did u tell sadhana that u can ovulate regularly? As u ovulate u can go for natural FET. Did she mention y she choose medicated FET for u?

Thanks for all your inputs.

Anamika87 that is very clear, thank you. From day 1 I met her I have shared my cycle is kinda regular and i bbt so I know I can ovulate my own . I didn't ask for the reason of her choice of FET protocol for me. I'm going with her flow.

Eezynl, i feel for you. But glad that u r staying optimistic.

I'll be gg to my scan Tmr with a heavy heart.....

Tsf, u gg wic hospital? Im oso gg for scan tmr... its like gg to receive my verdict. Update us ok. Lets us continue to jia you no matter wat happens!

:) as long as you feel more comfortable then will be alright. During then I'm alone at home so I feel more secure in hospital.
Keep talking to yr embbies

Btw how many weeks are you now? Hcg will stop doubling I think after week 10 if I'm not wrong

Im only in 5+ weeks... my only hope is i miscarriage one of the twins that explains the bleeding n clots n the stagnant hcg. But im prepared for the worse for scan tmr tho' still fighting everyday.

Back