IVF/ICSI Support Group

ya I mean pre ivf blood test. is there a preferred time to do like which day of the cycle.. btw im thinking shld I switch to dr tan hh. or I remain with her....I did 1 cycle with dr sad but no success..

Ditto that Faith.

I do ask all essential questions and chat up with Dr Sadhana. I'm totally comfortable with her.

Mrstann there are many ladies here who need more than once to succeed, regardless this or that doc. Or regardless private or government. Yes that's the reality of ivf. But switch if you're not confident nor comfortable with your doc. You need to sing the same note from the beginning with your doc. But if that's not working, then switch as we are still the "paying customer".

The spotting is quite a bit of brown. It's typical spotting like my usual bfn cycles. I didn't intend to poas until near BT which is next Monday. But since I'm spotting I took one on afternoon pee. Blank.
Too early to test? I think now to Monday still long leh so cannot be so fast af coming de. Sometimes implantation or something also will spot. Anyway call yr clinic?

Next Mon is 17dp. My luteal phase would never last that long. My last failed ivf my af came today (equivalent of 13dpo, which is typical). So I feel it's not too early la.

Yes called yesterday. Told to monitor. I had implantation spotting before in my last bfp. Different from my pre af spot like now.

Anyway i just rest at home. It's my last week of HL. Gee where did time go.

Faith BB has your spotting stopped?

ya I mean pre ivf blood test. is there a preferred time to do like which day of the cycle.. btw im thinking shld I switch to dr tan hh. or I remain with her....I did 1 cycle with dr sad but no success..
there is no preferred timing nor fasting needed for pre ivf bloodtest. important is to note e 6 mth validiity date. this bloodtest report may be used at othet centres within e validity date. some centres accept it. good luck.

Redvel...rest well ya..
I also think time flies...esp if resting and eating. ..haha...
All I did was watching series etc....
Clear some email ...that's all I do....
like that already left one week ..how time flies....

Faith.. take care !

Got the call. This round reserves deteriorated at age 38. Only 6 mature, 4 fertilised, and 1 already looks funny at d1. No chance for blast culture this round.. d2 transfer tomorrow.. Sigh.. those trying dun wait too long. Age is really a big factor.

Wish me luck ladies that my 3 remaining embbies will guai-guai grow properly and wait for me tomorrow.. all i need is one (will take 3 also hehehhe).

Got the call. This round reserves deteriorated at age 38. Only 6 mature, 4 fertilised, and 1 already looks funny at d1. No chance for blast culture this round.. d2 transfer tomorrow.. Sigh.. those trying dun wait too long. Age is really a big factor.

Wish me luck ladies that my 3 remaining embbies will guai-guai grow properly and wait for me tomorrow.. all i need is one (will take 3 also hehehhe).
All the best for your ET tomorrow.

Miracle, yeah now trying to savour every me time at home before starting work routine again next week.

Ron, I do not know at this point. I will pick up the report when I do go for BT.

Age factor indeed. This is my last fresh and we have no interest to try 3rd fresh anymore. Hoping I have snowbies to do last shot.

I hope the 3 are waiting for you tomorrow!

im also gg for my last fresh. actually I realised I was under tan hh but nurse made a mistake n told me I was under dr sad... so I end up with her.... my last try so I just wonder if wan to change.. my last fresh only yeild 3 eggs and 2 cant make it left 1 is frozen. now no choice but go for another fresh..

Ron, all the best! Actually, for ur age, not bad liao leh..im 33 and my results think same same. U with kkh? Hee we will take turns to go into 2ww. Urs is tmr, mine thurs and blessedbbjourney on fri! Lets jiayou together!

Anyone has pms symptoms b4 retrieval? I had sore boobs few days ago and last night suddenly got pre-af cramps...scare die me. Ask thh today, he said not quite possible that af will come soon, maybe hormones. :confused:

How many capsules you take per day? I heard it helps to improve egg quality. Did you take royal jelly too?

As recommended is 100mg if u r taking conceive well gold from blackmores too...as it contains coq10 too..
Yes taking royal jelly to improve quantity....

Ron, all the best! Actually, for ur age, not bad liao leh..im 33 and my results think same same. U with kkh? Hee we will take turns to go into 2ww. Urs is tmr, mine thurs and blessedbbjourney on fri! Lets jiayou together!

Anyone has pms symptoms b4 retrieval? I had sore boobs few days ago and last night suddenly got pre-af cramps...scare die me. Ask thh today, he said not quite possible that af will come soon, maybe hormones. :confused:

Lol.. Me sore boobs, and hard nipples.. Dont know why..

blessedbb, me too leh! Thh says due to hormones. Haha watever la. We have come so far, jus look forward n dun think! Thats wat im trying to convince myself! All the best to ur er tmr!

Hi I'm new here. Has anyone taken Dhea before and are there any side effects?
I took it for 3 mths, got pimples at chin area (below mouth) throughout the duration. Bearable pimples cos they r just small ones with a bit of pus, not giant ones. With concealer, u will look fine :p other than that im ok

Anyone had bad tummy cramp post er? It feels like food poisoning kind of diarrhoea cramp...cant be the lunch that I took cos its the same as my hubby...thinking of taking po chai pills...killing me. Can we take? Only managed to play symphony (pi piak pi piak) in the toilet n got some oily discharge think frm the rectum paracetamol insertion..

Here's a picture to inspire you ladies. It definitely inspired me. Look at the first IVF baby so big and strong now!
2014-08-19 21.59.42.jpg

Lainelaine. ..I don't have the cramp feel leh...just many gas...try the isotonic drink ? Maybe drink more to poo it out...for me after ER. ..I constipated. ..until ET day morning then managed to poo ...
Might be the gas ....

Anyone had bad tummy cramp post er? It feels like food poisoning kind of diarrhoea cramp...cant be the lunch that I took cos its the same as my hubby...thinking of taking po chai pills...killing me. Can we take? Only managed to play symphony (pi piak pi piak) in the toilet n got some oily discharge think frm the rectum paracetamol insertion..

I have lots of gases and cramp as well after ER. Think you dont take po chai..try taking lactus for constipation which is gentle.

Jus now dozed off while watching tv...haiz...think its food poisoning. Hubby jus told me he ls 2 times when I dozed off just now, but I still cant get it out. Hope I get to lao out asap! Thks miracle n pepper!

Hello sistas..anyone taking TSB an tai medicine.. and Utrogestan orally ?
I was given Utrogestan for night and the Chinese medicine need to take at night also. ..so I drunk the Chinese medicine after dinner...then 3 hrs later take Utrogestan..however 3 hrs later my tummy upper area felt really discomfort till I woke up... I guess it's gastric... wonder what went wrong ?

Lainelaine: could be reaction to the meds. But if your hubby kena as well, then perhaps really ate something wrong. Hope it clears these 2 days!!

I had tsb an tai n utro 3 hrs separate during first tri. No issue.
But I do heard some ppl has side effect w utro orally, u may want to monitor n feedback

Blessedbbjourney too! Cycle buddies.. really hope we all make it altho' i am lao mama. Hehehe... i am with dr Loh this round.

I hv the same - boobies acting up. I think it's the progesterone due to the stims.. i had nightmares i ovulates before ER!

ron, y u sleep so late. Hehe i also tot im ovulating b4 er, but guess hormones playing. All the best to ur et later!

hopeful, scans r not done by doctor. Not sure if they r sonographers. I managed to catch a glimpse of the scanner name tag, it says clinical coordinator. Will only see dr during er and et.

ron, y u sleep so late. Hehe i also tot im ovulating b4 er, but guess hormones playing. All the best to ur et later!

hopeful, scans r not done by doctor. Not sure if they r sonographers. I managed to catch a glimpse of the scanner name tag, it says clinical coordinator. Will only see dr during er and et.
hi, tbis is for kkh?then who decides to up or down e dosage in e middle of simulation?how many scans are there for short protocol before trigger jab? in e previous failed freshed at private,e scan is at cd2,cd7 n cd10.doc will i crease dosage in e midst of scan if not enough eggs. not sure abt kkh now switching over fo them for 2nd. thanks fkr e advise in advance :)

Connie, you will be speaking with 2 persons at kkh during mid scans. The one who scans you (maybe she is called sonographer? ) takes down all your lining and egg measurement. Then you wait again to see another person who is a doc. He or she is the one who decides how much medicine you need moving forward.

I was with private before on some fertility treatment and now with kkh. There bound to be differences on practices and protocol between the two. Good to set the expectations first.

I don't mind the government hospital way of doing things. But i sure mind working in government sector. Haha.

Connie, you will be speaking with 2 persons at kkh during mid scans. The one who scans you (maybe she is called sonographer? ) takes down all your lining and egg measurement. Then you wait again to see another person who is a doc. He or she is the one who decides how much medicine you need moving forward.
is this doc e same doc doing er or et? that is eg dr sadhana?
howecer, the veri first dosage amount of injection is from the et doc ya?

Last edited:
I was with private before on some fertility treatment and now with kkh. There bound to be differences on practices and protocol between the two. Good to set the expectations first.

I don't mind the government hospital way of doing things. But i sure mind working in government sector. Haha.
yes they are different. good to anticipate wat eill be happening first. but i think so far my 2 encounters with kkh for pre checks are so far pleasant :)

That doc who decides your stim dosage is not your ivf doc (my case is Dr Sadhana). Depends on who is on duty on your scan day. I've read it's most suay to kerna the male doc because he speaks like an ass. Lol. That's what I read here la. Luckily I never got him before.

Technically you only see your ivf doc 3x for that ivf cycle once you start stim.

1st: ER
2nd: ET
3rd: Review (my case was I bfned and i saw her to go through my failed cycle and what's the next option).

The rest of the stuff are taken care by other personnels.

However, during the counseling, we were told if we want our own ivf doc to be present at whichever stage, we can request. I guess depends on her availability. But we don't really bother with that.

Hi all, I'm new to post in this forum which provided me much info during my 5 years ttc journey. From trying naturally, to seeking (various) gynae's help, to seeking tcm (from north south east west), to a failed iui attempt in Apr 14... I kept my hopes up, and down... and up then down. I've got nothing to share then.. And finally I've got a BFP from the nurse 3 hrs ago for my 1st IVF attempt!

Just like to share what I've done differently for this cycle. I don't know what actually worked, could be one thing that I did right or a combination of things.. Who knows? But it doesn't matter since it's the result I yearned for years.

IVF at KKH with Dr Sadhana (ER 2/8, ET 4/8, BFP 20/8 16DP2DT)
Had a home test done 14DP2DT with BFN :/

Healing and yoga by Mdm Valencia Tan (Yoga Inn) recommended by a dear friend who conceived naturally after seeing her. Mdm Tan helped to alleviate my uncertainties during the process from her practice. She always seemed to be more sure about my results than I was. I felt relaxed and serene every time after my session with her.

Lucky seven leaves clover from JulieRoberts also recommended by my dear friend

Yes, spent some $ but if it can help sooth some nerves, give me positive energy and provide support in the journey I think it's worth it, at least for me. Don't take my words for it. Check out their website for more success stories :)

The journey has just began, and I look forward to everyday with this growing bundle. :) Hope everything 顺顺!

If there are anything I can help answer, I'll be happy to do so.

Good luck to all ttc!

Congrats snowyflakes. Sometimes it's not what we do or don't do. I believe it's your time and you have been truly blessed. And certainly positive energy gets the world going :)

Oh you got bfn on 14dp2dt? Quite late already. I tested bfn 10dp2dt and i have already given up. Haa.

Thanks redvel, yea bfn 2 days before my beta. I thought quite 'safe' to test. At that point I convinced myself not to do it again till my beta.

Last edited:

Back