IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes laine way to go. There will always be lotsa different opinions in forum but ultimately it's best to trust your faith and belief. Good luck.

Hi I've heard these terms natural and medicated FET. Pardon if it has been talked about a gazillion time here but I guess I wasn't paying attention :p Can someone share what's the difference and what's the medicine for medicated cycle? How would the doc decide if im suited for natural or medicated?
As for the snowbies, if say i have 5, will doc thaw all 5 to see if they thaw well or pick 2-3 (depends how many we plan to transfer) and see how?

Hi, i'm new here! I just did my ET on Wednesday. I would also like to find out on the natural or medicated.

Redval, I did a frozen last round. I only have 4, doctor unthaw all 4. Didn't refreeze anymore. This round I did a fresh cycle, plan to freeze 6. I would also like to find out if the next time I do, will it unthaw 6.

Redvel if u r ovulating then u can go for natural. If not ovulating regularly then doctor will suggest u medicated FET. For natural u must closely monitor u r ovulation and once opk detects ovulation must go for scan then they will thaw u r embryos. I hope they will not thaw all the 5 embryos may be try with 3. For medicated FET u will be pescribed with progynova (estrogen) tablets from day 4 of period's. There will be no day 2 scanning as like fresh. Then may be on day 10 they will scan and check ur lining thickness if it is not optimal they will increase dosage. Medicated FET is more flexible.Once lining reaches 8 mm then must start inserting progesterone and embryos will be thawed and transfered.

Last time when i did my medicated FET i had 9 embbies. They thaw only 2 out of 9. This time they thaw 4 out of 7 and try to culture to blast. But unfortunately all the 4 embbies arrested there growth and i don't have anything to transfer. Sadly my cycle of this month ended without ET:(

Thanks for sharing.

Pyln, so you thawed 4 and how many made it and how many got transfered?

Icici. I've no issue ovulating on my own so maybe likely will be on natural.

Anamika87 oh no such anticipation but ended up no progress. Sorry to hear that. So meaning you have 3 frosties left right? When will you be doing another FET then?

Redevl I wish that u must success by this cycle only. Personally I too feel natural FET is better but when I discussed with sadhana she told both medicated and natural are as good as equal.

I have 3 snowies I am trying next month. But next time also trying to blast so I don't have hope that they can make it. Sadhana told that if they r not growing in lab then there is no point to transfer only waste of $$$. Prepared my mind for another fresh. Sadhana also suggested fresh would be better for me. Thinking how can i improve my egg quality for next cycle.

Thanks anamika87. Good to plan for plan B if this round is busted =)

Blasto culture is surely a risk and everyone has their own views on earlier transfer and blasto transfer. My first fresh was blasto and this one is day 2. If this cycle fails, I also don't know if my frosties should be cultured further or not especially i don't have many frozen ones to begin with.

Ok be good your 3 snowbies. Hope next one is the one for you.

Thank u redvel. When sadhana was trying to explain y my embbies can't make to blastocyst she also mentioned that few embbies may become weak after freezing and thawing them so they can't grow further.beside that reason she also suspected genetic issues. It's always better to culture to blast before our embryos were frozen.
However u discuss with doctor for better options.

Most labs wont thaw everything. These days the snowbabies are usually stored in one or 2 per straw. Often they will thaw 2, and unless these don't grow, they will/may thaw another straw.

I had 5 frozen from 1st 2 fresh (day 3 and d4 freeze), all made the thaw but didn't succeed in both FETs and plagued w lining issue. so does not mean thaw will lose some. but if I had a choice I would go for blast transfer too...

im on natural fet w 5 frozen, i told thh i wan blast so all my 5 was thaw n 2 survived blast. so i assume if blast all will be taken out n thaw to blast. cos if tk only 2-3 out, those selected might not survived then tat cycle cant et.

im on natural fet w 5 frozen, i told thh i wan blast so all my 5 was thaw n 2 survived blast. so i assume if blast all will be taken out n thaw to blast. cos if tk only 2-3 out, those selected might not survived then tat cycle cant et.
It depends on how many you have. I had 8 frosties, 4 was thawed but only 1 survived to day 5. Next round will thaw the other 4.

Decided not to stress myself. Will jus go with what the dr recommend. Now will pray hard the small ones grow faster n big ones slowly. Leave it in god's hands bah! Thanks!

@lainelaine ... Relax and don't stress yourself.... Don't worry as you current egg only 17 and wif 2 day jab will not increase so fast till 20 above de. Doct want you to sim two more day is to boost up your small one like 14, 15 one to grow up.... otherwise you don't have enough egg to ER...

@Kameli, i would adopt a wait n see altitude since lap alr done n nothing found

I had 2 pregnancies that were termed ectopic simply becos they couldn't detect anything using both transabdominal n transvagina scan n my hcg was at 2500+. Was even told to hv D&C the same night but i refused. My next hcg reading 2 days later came back at 6000+ then was next told it was prob blighted ovum. I still refused to do e ops n they gave me a follow up 2wks later. They only manage to detect e pregnancy sac when i m at 8-9wks. My issue lies with my high riding cervix due to previous csect and my hcg has always bn doubling nicely hence I'm not quite convinced when they told me ectopic etc.

In ur case, u may want to continue with progressive blood test to see ur hcg patterns. One or 2 readings are not meaningful enough. For eg, michng (sorry dear, dont mean to upset u) posted her hcg results n u can tell its unlikely gg to be a viable one. Besides a dip in e beginning, the rest arent exactly doubling in 48-72hrs.

Also for PUL, if pregnancy took place in the tube or ovary, its definitely not gg to be viable. However, i did read a few successful birth with pregnancy in the tummy instead of uterus.

Last edited:
Thks pupnui! So happy to hav my last lucrin jab this morning! Gg for trigger tonight :)

domo, think fet can start soon especially if it's natural fet. Hope all the best for u! jiayou together!

Yay! almost got a shock this morning, tot my alarm din ring..saw 845 as 945am haha! Tonight gonna be punctual. Reach 15mins b4 trigger time ok hor?

Laine yes good gal. Hahaha.

Actually they give buffer. If your trigger appointment is say 9pm, it means the nurse has to jab you by 930 pm. Timing is such that 36 hours later exactly from 930 pm your surgery is to be performed. That's what I noticed in my past 2 trigger/ER.

Hello everyone, hope you had a fun and restful Sunday. I just had my ER on sat and need to go back for review this coming Wed. Anyone know the purpose of this review might be?

Wow faith, time flies! Is this your first scan? Im the only one at o&g now, does it mean im the only one doing er on tues? Haha I realised Im always alone when doing er/et

We did ET only one day apart and you are already going for ya second scan. Gosh and i have not even gotten my first! Kkh arranged my first on 20th Aug.
Is it?

My last scan is on tue.
Dr Sadhana say they usually ask us to come early to ensure the embryo in the correct place (to eliminate ectopic) and to check how many.

Didn't manage to see heartbeat thus she arrange for me to go back coming tues.

By then week 7 lor.

You yet go for your first one?
So by 20 aug, u will be most probably week 7 day 2-3?

Hi I am new here. Planning to get my first appt. with KKH in september. Any recommendations for a good doctor for ivf?

@redvel can I check with the payment terms of ivf for 40 year old.. no full subsidy already right? So how much cash and medisave can use? Thanks.

And here's wishing you all the best for the 2ww :)

Fion hehehe very blur with ER and ET. I think it's great you're asked to be back for review. Kkh don't care about you after ET. Haaa. Just go back only for BT when the day comes. Share with us what's the review about ok.

Starstar, yup once hit 40 no more Co funding from government. For my first ivf, we can use 6k medisave. So we paid close to $4k cash. The bill came within 2 months after ET.

2nd ivf medisave claim is $5k.

Thanks for the well wishes. Er...actually I need a super duper big miracle for this cycle to be a success. I feel the af cramp same same like my any other cycles. Just ready for any outcome :)

Someone mentioned if natural FET can start quick. Does it mean if this cycle is not successful the coming O will be my transfer? Can be so fast?

Hi hi Redvel...and all sistas. ..

Have been missing in action as my no. 1 was sick for the whole week after my ET... so only ytd got better...
Now then have the time to post here

U don't think so much abt the feeling... stay positive. .... it's not the result yet ....so don't despair...
For me...ard day 10 after ET onwards u can try to use hpt. ..then if positive ...u can switch the conceive well to the pregnancy type. ...also blackmores brand... ☺
Jiayou Redvel .... think positive. ...☺

As for ur qs...it is best to rest 3 mths cycle of menses before next FET. ..
As for natural or medicated. ..it depends if u r able to ovulate and if ur af is accurate... hoped this helps.

Let's jiayou together. .

Btw..does.ur tummy bloat or should I say enlarge ? Mine looks like i am 4 mths preggy... not sure is it my skin was stretched before so it's very loose. .heee ....

Morning all!!! Does anyone have a side stitch if walk too fast after ET?? cos I seem to be having that if I walk too fast.. :|

Good to hear from you miracle. Did your number 1 fall unwell from the NDP?

I don't get any bloat. Nor any funky feelings. I feel great except for the af cramps. So I think af coming la :p So I don't intend to poas till if af is late. Goody lucky to you!

Ok I will rest for a few months before I head on on my FET.

Yeah Redvel...my no. 1 fall sick after the ndp. .how u guess ah ? He's got viral fever after that...up to 39.8 ... then go kkh midnight. ..then another doctor. .then he's feeding poorly. ..then he vomit...many things happening...but Thank God..he's okay now..and ytd went to church with us .... ☺

Well .... but cramps are normal... and sometimes it's adjusting stage...so might not be af ....

Let's jiayou !! ☺

miracle, bloated is gd! Maybe u can start testing soon!

I seldom dream yet last night got a nightmare..dreamt I only retrieved 1 egg and dr tan asked me what happened how come only 1. Den woke up in shock! Hope it will not come true!! :(

sarah, I asked the nurse b4, they wont check progesterone lvl as they think its sufficient. My last fet, I chked progesterone but af still comes b4 bt so I guess its not a cause of it? But if u wan, I guess no harm frm getting additional support frm private clinics :)

Lainelaine. ..

Really bloat is good ? I forgot the feeling ...cos last fresh and fet both bfp but ended mc. .

Still too early to test bah...today D7 nia. ...

As for ur dream don't think too much...I only got 3 eggs retrieved but only 1 fertilised. ..so as everyone of us is saying ...we just need that ONE ! ☺

Hi Sarah2012. ..

Kkh will give add support only when u detected bleeding...u can go to the o&g in kkh...and after they seen u they will inject progesterone ...

But I don't think it's abt the support...
We also need to exercise care...like walk less...rest more etc....

All the best to you next cycle !

Back