IVF/ICSI Support Group

Congrats on ET Iwantahealthybaby. Numbers and development of follies look good. Hang in there and rest relax pray and talk to your embbies this two weeks. When is bt scheduled?

iwantahealthybaby... feel really happy for you. My sinseh is saying within the next 2 days after transfer will have implantation.. I did not feel any difference.. except that I am really tire..

I really hope to have good news to share.. but as of now, I am feeling so warm, sleepy and giddy.. I am so tempted to test but my hubby stop me.. He is telling me to leave it to fate..

Snuuggly, wow! National Day baby! Happy for u! U did a Day 2 ET on 21 Nov right? Hope to more and more good news from you. As long as baby is growing and I hope ur bleeding soon will stop. Take care ya!
I did day 4 blastocyst transfer. Was supposed to be on 22nov but got recalled earlier coz one embryo already fully developed to blastocyst by day 4.
Spotting lessen today and just brown. Hope it goes off totally.

Snuuggly, ooooo urs is blastocyst. I'm still wondering what make the nurse wrote (5 weeks and 4 days on 20 Dec) on my scan form. I did a day 2 ET on 25 Nov.
Happy to hear that ur bleeding get lesser. Keep fingers cross! Are u waiting to see Dr at KKH?
I did day 4 blastocyst transfer. Was supposed to be on 22nov but got recalled earlier coz one embryo already fully developed to blastocyst by day 4.
Spotting lessen today and just brown. Hope it goes off totally.

Hi snuggly, really glad to hear your baby is doing great and spotting going away. Sounds like a healthy pregnancy. Congrats once again and enjoy your journey!

Hope42014, all the best for BT, don't think so much. Think your hubby's advice is good, to wait for BT. If you bfp, be happy :) If not, just try again and it is only a matter of time before u succeed.

Iwantahealthybaby, do rest well these few days. Your embryos sound awesome. All the best babe! :)

Mbbhopeful, yeah the doc also show me like close to 50% success (for the <30 age group). But i think the stats that was told to me and the newspaper stats are two different things. The close to 50% one is clinical pregnancy (I suppose positive BT?) while the newspaper one is live birth rate. Not all pregnancies end up in a live birth, I guess that is why there is a discrepancy, though it does seem rather large. Thanks for your encouragement, it is a very trying time for me to communicate with hubby and we have stopped talking abt ivf at all. I have decided to open up to more of my close friends instead as they are more encouraging and supportive and that is what is needed during the journey. Hopefully can BFP soon and solve the problem.

Mbbhopeful, btw i also like u wondering how to handle more fresh cycles (aiyoh hopefully not too many). U planning to take the 2wk HL? I told my boss I won't, scared kena black mark. I will probably come back to work every few days during the HL. Think stay at homeduring tww will go mad haha! Or else mb u can use ur annual leave to do it,just say u going holiday lor.

thank you mersara, hope42014 and hi_mel, i probably rest a day and need to go back work after that. i wonder if bed rest is a MUST as my doctor actually told me can go shopping and eat whatever i like. dont know but my tcm say bed rest for the next few days best 1 week. but cannot afford the off day. my office work is not that stressful thou i can still "rest"in office just that its on the chair not the bed at home, wonder if sitting is consider rest? will sitting be a pressure on my tummy? my BT is at the last day of 2013 haha i hope will give me a good start to 2014!

snuggly your blastocyst must be growing well and fast thats why a 4 day transfer was schedule, mine even on 5th day only 1 looks big enough which doctor feel positive, but then again as i had a chemical pregnancy before during my 2nd iui i do feel scare.

does all your doctor advice bed rest less walking after et? i dont know why my doctor after the procedure say you can now go shopping and relax yourself. its nice to not feel so tensed up cause seriously bed rest during 2ww is crazy. will have more time to think about more "negatives" or worrying thoughts.

hope42014, all your symptons does show pregnancy. i remember i was also feeling this during my 2nd iui at the 2ww. tiredness is the most extreme. i can actually feel so tired that i doze off on the sofa which i seldom did and my temperature was also so warm that i dont even need to wear cardigans (i am a weakly super fear cold). dont worry too much i believe lady luck will be on your side.

Feeling v happy for iwantahealthybaby's positive et n hope2014's upcoming bt with positive symptoms n snuuggly's end of spotting n stable pregnancy. Keep the positive vibes on sisters.

Iwantahealthybaby good news to end yr. Love it. Will keep all in my prayer. Jiayou ladies

mesara you are so sweet. thanks for your blessings and prayers. i hope all of us will be blessed with all the baby dust and sticky bean.

i not sure about ensure protein, i did get previously but i didnt drink, just ate my usual vitamins and supplements. didn eat egg white too. actually i dont know how ohss will develop, but heard normally happen to one with lots of eggs retrieved. i am the lucky one who didnt get it. anyway doctor also didnt ask me to go back take blood test after er to make sure i am ohss free, the nurse in fact was shock she say normally so many eggs must come back for blood test before transfer. i think guardian also dont have immunocal. when is your day 12 scan?

sarah2012, i understand frozen sperm storage is by yearly charge and can have multiple times as some wont survive after thaw so its best if you have a good number to begin with. can check with your hospital to double confirm.

Hi ladies,

Wondering if anyone of you have used frozen sperm samples for yr cycle? What is the procedure like in terms of deposit of sperm at the sperm bank for storage? Can we deposit multiple times to endure that we hv the optimal quality ones when it's time to use?

With the two major festive period looming, I'll only be able to start my cycle in Feb and happens to be ard the time when my spouse travels for work. Hence we've been advised to opt for sperm freezing.

Sarah my hubby did put sperm in frozen storage as backup (tho he gave fresh sample on the day). There is a fee for processing. If u are with KKH u need to call qt in advance as they only do a few samples each time and they don't do it every day I believe. If the sample is insufficient they will ask ur hubby to come down to give again til the collated amt is sufficient. So shd be able to deposit multiple times.

Are u not able to delay the cycle for a month so ur hubby is ard? Cuz I think fresh is better.... have worked with cell culture before and everytime i thaw cells, 50% of them will die. I cannot say for sperm freezing or the hospital skills of course, but a previous doctor did say that fresh sample is definitely better.... Anw all the best :)

thank you mersara, hope42014 and hi_mel, i probably rest a day and need to go back work after that. i wonder if bed rest is a MUST as my doctor actually told me can go shopping and eat whatever i like. dont know but my tcm say bed rest for the next few days best 1 week. but cannot afford the off day. my office work is not that stressful thou i can still "rest"in office just that its on the chair not the bed at home, wonder if sitting is consider rest? will sitting be a pressure on my tummy? my BT is at the last day of 2013 haha i hope will give me a good start to 2014!

snuggly your blastocyst must be growing well and fast thats why a 4 day transfer was schedule, mine even on 5th day only 1 looks big enough which doctor feel positive, but then again as i had a chemical pregnancy before during my 2nd iui i do feel scare.

Hi Iwantahealthybaby, do what u are comfortable with. If u happy with bed rest then do it. If u don't want it shd be ok too. Most important is for u to be stress free :) anw i don't think bed rest is a must. 5 min after ET was asked to leave and then walk here and there to collect medicine...haha. All the best :)

Hi Iwantahealthybaby, do what u are comfortable with. If u happy with bed rest then do it. If u don't want it shd be ok too. Most important is for u to be stress free :) anw i don't think bed rest is a must. 5 min after ET was asked to leave and then walk here and there to collect medicine...haha. All the best :)

ok mel, you make me lol reading your reply. hahahaha. true true after ET was not even given a place to recover should we really need bed rest right? need to go counter write cheque for insurance then go to collect medicine and wait and wait. anyway 5mins after ET was given not for resting too its more for waiting for our embryologist to come out with our embryos/blastocyst photo. hahaha

thanks for your advice, ya i will just have to do everything slow as i wont have the luxury to stay home too. need to work still

Mbbhopeful, btw i also like u wondering how to handle more fresh cycles (aiyoh hopefully not too many). U planning to take the 2wk HL? I told my boss I won't, scared kena black mark. I will probably come back to work every few days during the HL. Think stay at homeduring tww will go mad haha! Or else mb u can use ur annual leave to do it,just say u going holiday lor.
Hi mei: ohhh clinical pregnancy vs live birth..but kk's live birth was also higher leh isit?
Ya I'm in a dilemma leh.. I don't think I can take 2wks of HL. Definitely can't. Still need to take mc/half days for scan..Was thinking to take HL on er, et and bt days only.. but afternoon still need to insert the progesterone? Do in the toilet and can't lie down leh haha

Btw today saw Dr sadhana, I'm doing endo scraping in Jan n fresh cycle in Feb. She suggested to do d5 trf which means implantation within the next 2 days then perhaps I will take HL 2d following et or something..

Hi mei: ohhh clinical pregnancy vs live birth..but kk's live birth was also higher leh isit?
Ya I'm in a dilemma leh.. I don't think I can take 2wks of HL. Definitely can't. Still need to take mc/half days for scan..Was thinking to take HL on er, et and bt days only.. but afternoon still need to insert the progesterone? Do in the toilet and can't lie down leh haha

Btw today saw Dr sadhana, I'm doing endo scraping in Jan n fresh cycle in Feb. She suggested to do d5 trf which means implantation within the next 2 days then perhaps I will take HL 2d following et or something..

Oh so which means dr sadhana feel 2days rest after et is enough? By the way what is endo scraping? Why need to do?

My dr did mention implantation within the next 1-2days after transfer too.

I am drinking like a camel during this 2ww.. so thirsty every moment.. my water bottle is with me everywhere.. do you all experience this?

hi blue_dress, i think getting the referral letter means you will see the gynaes at a cheaper rate. This also mean you have to take any gynae they assign to you.
However, I opted to see a specific doctor so need to pay private rates BUT i still enjoy subsidies for my IVF/FET cycle as those are granted by the govt. So long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you should still get your subsidies.
What you should do first is to make a appt to see a doc at KKH, so decide if you can use any doc or prefer to choose one. Hope this helps!

Hi snuuggly, thanks! This helped as I thought if I did not have a referral letter, I have to pay private rates for the IVF cycle. I think I can then skip the Polyclinic portion! In making a appt to see a doc at KKH, do I need to specify first or can I change a doc later?

I did not go to kkh today. Having seen dr loh yest, I think its just too soon. Also, I see red again in afternoon. Really hopeless. Dun want to think so much anyway. I m just going to relax on my holiday starting tmr. Relaxed mind is really the best remedy in my opinion as I never rrally bed rest during 2ww during my first fet and this 2ww fet too. Anyway, I see dr loh again on 23 dec, hope all is well. Stay positive sisters!

I'm supposed to start my short protocol this cycle and went for my Day 2 scan today. Before the scan doctor told me that the fertility centre will be under audit during the forecasted date of my egg retrieval (if I continue to decide to start this cycle) and hence either ask me to switch centre or postpone my short protocol. However, after scan realised there is a follicle cyst and had to switch to a long protocol and was given Gynera for 21 days. Guess it's all fated that I have to delay the procedure. Feeling damn sianz.....

Thanks mbbhopeful for the explanation on endo scraping. As I didn't heard about all this from my dr, only come across this terms in the forum.

Snuuggly not to worry too much I guess the bleeding if light and no bad clumps of blood shouldn't be a problem. My bleeding was quite bad I need a panty liner (change every 1hr) during my previous chemical pregnancy and once I saw bad clumps (sac) I know it's over! And so true immediately my beta went down the day after.

Hope42014, yup me not drinking cold water at the moment. Really hope for a positive result and smooth 9 months ahead! I only can bed rest a day after ET, 2nd day is seat rest in office but trying to minimise walking.

iwantahealthybaby.. good luck!
tan1109.. what is a follicle cyst?
Other than drinking water like camel.. I am also waking up at 5.30am to 6am in the morning.. yawn... I have never been an early bird...

Sisters is it normal to feel gassy and bloated during stim? Since yest tummy bloated and v gassy. Abit discomfort. Think follies must be big now also. Tomorrow is CD12 and prof will advise ER date I think.

Sisters is it normal to feel gassy and bloated during stim? Since yest tummy bloated and v gassy. Abit discomfort. Think follies must be big now also. Tomorrow is CD12 and prof will advise ER date I think.
Yes.. I still recall when I going to do the egg retrieval on my first trial.. Its so cramp that I cannot even walk at normal pace to the CHR.

Hopeful78, u doing fet?

Mesara, I don't really have much bloatedness feeling during stimulation, mine was still allright except do feel tummy getting rounder abit but hubby say it's cause I keep eating don't blame it on the stimulation drugs Hee. My pain only started after egg retrieval. I do have high level pain tolerance but that was really bad after retrieval. Maybe poke too many times in order to retrieve all my eggs.

lydialovely, all the best for yr bt. A nice and positive closing chapter to your year 2013 :)

Last edited:
By the way ladies who have done the et, do you feel bloated still? I am not sure this bloatedness feeling is all the way since er hasn't subside even till day of transfer or the bloatedness is due to the 2 "hopes" inside me now.

Iwanta healthy baby maybe you want to take ginger drink or immunocal to reduce bloatedness after ET?

hope2014 no cold drinks suring stim till bt I heard but ensure says mix 6 scoops in cold or cooled water. How ar??

mesara, hee i cheated, i drink cold drinks all the way till er and while waiting for et. only on day of et itself i stop drinking cold water totally.

you can add normal room temperature water to ensure i am sure. where can i get immunocal? its actually to reduce bloatedness only?

Hopeful78, u doing fet?

Mesara, I don't really have much bloatedness feeling during stimulation, mine was still allright except do feel tummy getting rounder abit but hubby say it's cause I keep eating don't blame it on the stimulation drugs Hee. My pain only started after egg retrieval. I do have high level pain tolerance but that was really bad after retrieval. Maybe poke too many times in order to retrieve all my eggs.

lydialovely, all the best for yr bt. A nice and positive closing chapter to your year 2013 :)

Hi, my 2nd fresh cycle. Am with SGH

Hopeful78, u doing fet?

Hi iwantahealthybaby, thank u for ur wishes... hopefully i will hv the best xmas present in my life. I am looking at the positive side. *Keep fingers crossed*

Actually, my fingers r itchy and want to do a HPT haha.. shld i? Lol.

By the way ladies who have done the et, do you feel bloated still? I am not sure this bloatedness feeling is all the way since er hasn't subside even till day of transfer or the bloatedness is due to the 2 "hopes" inside me now.
Iwantahealthybaby: i feel slightly bloated but more cramps actually. During my 1st attempt, i din feel any symptoms at all but this time i feel crampy most of the time.

hopeful78, good luck to your 2nd cycle. jiayou!

lydialovely, actually its a very simple yes or no but we just got too many thoughts holding us back. guess what i am already calculating when is the earliest day i can do a hpt. but the feeling sucks if the results is not what we expected, been there done that....a few more days to your BT right? if its within this week then dont test since already come so far..

iwantahealthybaby, all the best to you! Best rest is not necessary but just don't get too stressed up at work. Actually staying at home during the 2ww is not the best deal as I was alone most of the time and its really boring and tend to think a lot. Work may be good but must r&r.

For the bloatedness, drink ginger tea... really helps with releasing out the air either the north or south manner :p I've heard peppermint drink works too..... alternatively, lots of warm water...

All the best ladies!!! May this be a blessed X'mas to all ;)

iwantahealthybaby, all the best to you! Best rest is not necessary but just don't get too stressed up at work. Actually staying at home during the 2ww is not the best deal as I was alone most of the time and its really boring and tend to think a lot. Work may be good but must r&r.

For the bloatedness, drink ginger tea... really helps with releasing out the air either the north or south manner :p I've heard peppermint drink works too..... alternatively, lots of warm water...

All the best ladies!!! May this be a blessed X'mas to all ;)

noted! i actually did drink those instant packet ginger tea but mix with honey (not that spicy). yes actually more free time worst alot of time to think of this thin of that. i really need a blessed xmas and hoping for the happiest new year ahead!

noted! i actually did drink those instant packet ginger tea but mix with honey (not that spicy). yes actually more free time worst alot of time to think of this thin of that. i really need a blessed xmas and hoping for the happiest new year ahead!

I've bought lipton ginger lemon and I like it as it is not spicy and its not really tea. Can try if keen. Anyway, hpt is not accurate due to the jabs that were taken during stimulation period. That's why its best to wait for the blood test result for the most accurate outcome. Afterall, false hope can be devastating in the end.

Iwantahealthybaby maybe u can try isotonic drinks like h20. U ar haha cheated somemore drink cold drink. I have been controlling myself to the max liao. From last nite I super bloated n crampy. Feel like can't wait for er haha. Need to lay eggs haha

oh ya i overlook the fact we aint suppose to drink tea. i dont know if mine ginger base is real tea. maybe i go get the lipton brand. thanks adnil06.

actually all hcg that will lead to false positive has left my body, i just did a quick check the day before my transfer to make sure i wouldn get a false hope if i decided to test before my BT :)

i am a sucker for cold drinks especially bubble tea lol. its terrible, i been controlling my diet as well as i scare overeat will add pressure to the stomach. after ET i am more discipline. before that totally cannot make it! everytime i went tcm the sinseh will say i fail, wear too little, didn cover legs didn wear shoes. say my hands so cold etc. now after ET i am trying to make sure i am in long sleeves or long pants and make sure my toes are covered.

Back