IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes! Its the group counselling... sorry for the confusion...

So KKH is compulsory briefing session? Do you have to wait very long to get appt for the briefing session? If KKH is faster i might change over.

Tavismummy the aptm not hard to fix in fact almost every month will have I think as I postpone mine a lot of times before all quite near. But the thing is KKivf centre is close now only open jan6

Thanks iwantahealthybaby!

But i have to see Dr first b4 i can fix the appt right? I tried to fix with Dr Tan HH b4, also must wait a few weeks...
can i know for KKH, from the briefing to the actual jabbing starts, how long do i hv to wait?

But i have to see Dr first b4 i can fix the appt right? I tried to fix with Dr Tan HH b4, also must wait a few weeks...
can i know for KKH, from the briefing to the actual jabbing starts, how long do i hv to wait?
Hi tavismummy, actually that time I wanted to go sgh but kk q was shorter leh so I went kk instead. Yup u need to fix doc first after which u will be trf to kkivf. They have the briefing everyday and there are several slots for each day. Depends on what u wana start, u will call kkivf when u get your period and need to go down on day 2 or 3 for first scan and jab.

Now I am starting to worry abit thou I know nothing can be done already. A lot of people choosing dr tan hh for ivf, believe a lot of ladies actually have succeeded under his hands. And not a lot of reviews can be found under my dr jerry chan. I seriously hope he gave me my best Xmas gift this year!

actually kkh queue isn't as bad as most of us thought it is. I remembered I went to see doc early May and managed to start the procedure in June. Of coz my ivf doc did try to squeeze in one of the test for me so that I can start in June. The briefing session was done on the day when we confirmed going to proceed for the procedure and the session is pretty short.

Yes got to fix a aptm with doc 1st. I find the aptm quite fast too not as long as I Always thought. Normally the jabbing starts according to the protocol your dr will advise. Say for long protocol, the jab will start at d21!

Thanks all for ur reply! I totally regret now... sgh says i can only start 3 mths after my counselling which is end april... i m so upset =(

Adnil06: thanks for your reply..im hoping to see if anyone has similar experience so can console my friend. She is quite worried.. 2ww is really the worst days in our lives! So many concerns and paranoia. Cramps can be both good or bad.. spotting also can be either period or pregnancy..everyone here is really tough!

Hope42014: Sorry to hear the news. Hope you feel better soon and pick up your spirit and try again. Meantime, can take a short break and build up the body.

Now I am starting to worry abit thou I know nothing can be done already. A lot of people choosing dr tan hh for ivf, believe a lot of ladies actually have succeeded under his hands. And not a lot of reviews can be found under my dr jerry chan. I seriously hope he gave me my best Xmas gift this year!

iwantahealthybaby: Don't think so much! Im sure your dr is good too. And its not about dr only..alot of other factors. May you get your wish fulfilled this XMas! :)

Loversinparis, thank you for your positive encouragement! I think we ladies at some point during the process will suddenly feel lost and start to think too much. Just told hubby about my worries too and he assure me that we are in good hands too! I want to trust my dr and believe my quality of eggs and my lining and every factors will give me a baby dust Xmas! I want to celebrate the 12 days of Xmas :)

Hope42014 hugz hugz. Stay strong rest well and things will work fine. Take a break dear.

Tavismummy why dont u try nuh?

Sisters I am on d13 of stim. Sore boobs bloated tummy. Water and food cant retain must expel fast. I feel v heavy cant even sleep sides must sleep face up. Miserable. And my er is on mon which will be cd 16. Is it too late. N my e2 also v high abt 8000. Anyone experienced similiar stuff?

mesara, think cause you stimulate abit longer so more follicles inside you and growing so you feel bloated and uncomfortable. my stim day ended at d11 and er on d13, i dont feel any discomfort just slightly bloated tummy (like constipation bloatedness) everything was fine for me till after ER. super pain and bloatedness continue even more uncomfy compare to stim days. as for my e2 level i do not know as dr didn tell me anything and i didn ask too.

Last edited:
ladies, i just realise today my ivf was icsi. i didn expect it. me and hubby is both normal, dr classify us under unexplained infertility. so i do not know why they use icsi on us. heard about the higher risks involve using icsi. now i fear. anyway no one told me about this i only found out today. they wrote in the blastocysts photo which they have given me.

ladies, i just realise today my ivf was icsi. i didn expect it. me and hubby is both normal, dr classify us under unexplained infertility. so i do not know why they use icsi on us. heard about the higher risks involve using icsi. now i fear. anyway no one told me about this i only found out today. they wrote in the blastocysts photo which they have given me.

Just took out my bill to see what procedure I had hahaha... in the bill it was written ivf/icsi also... guess all the same? just don't think so much about it

adnil, you are always so assuring :) but true lah even on the day they ask me i also will chose the chance higher to succeed one. the embryologist just call me to explain, she say hubby sperm thou normal is of a lower density. dont know what it means too. anyway she say she see my record 2 fail iui so thought maybe icsi will be a better option for me. i trust they will take in extra care in chosing the best sperm for each egg. she say that day maybe pressure, hubby soldiers is of an even lower density.

i also know how many blastocysts make it to the snow bank. 8 blastocysts were frozen. i thought whao 24 eggs fertilsed in end only left 8 frozen but she mention i actually have a total of 10 blastocysts (2 transfer into me, 8 frozen) is consider very good already. she say this is by far the best record she seen in her department. dont know how true, but definetly feel better after her call. now just hope the 2 inside me doing their job well.

Last edited:
adnil, you are always so assuring :) but true lah even on the day they ask me i also will chose the chance higher to succeed one. the embryologist just call me to explain, she say hubby sperm thou normal is of a lower density. dont know what it means too. anyway she say she see my record 2 fail iui so thought maybe icsi will be a better option for me. i trust they will take in extra care in chosing the best sperm for each egg. she say that day maybe pressure, hubby soldiers is of an even lower density.

i also know how many blastocysts make it to the snow bank. 8 blastocysts were frozen. i thought whao 24 eggs fertilsed in end only left 8 frozen but she mention i actually have a total of 10 blastocysts (2 transfer into me, 8 frozen) is consider very good already. she say this is by far the best record she seen in her department. dont know how true, but definetly feel better after her call. now just hope the 2 inside me doing their job well.

well, at least u had 8. I only had 1 hahahaha.... i dont even know if i were to defroze it whether it will survive. if it doesn't, i think my chances of having no. 2 will be low coz hb doesn't want me to go thru the whole ivf cycle again.... he said it is too stressful for me... :(

well, at least u had 8. I only had 1 hahahaha.... i dont even know if i were to defroze it whether it will survive. if it doesn't, i think my chances of having no. 2 will be low coz hb doesn't want me to go thru the whole ivf cycle again.... he said it is too stressful for me... :(

i hope i wouldnt need to use them so soon...most importantly you got one precious inside you now and growing well, its all that matters, the rest take step by step.

Wow, 10 is really alot. Not many ladies can get that high number. Anyway, dun think too much which procedure u r doing. Most impt now is that u hv a relaxed mind, stay happy and have a positive mind. :)

That I am not sure as I ain't under him. Maybe other sisters will advise you later when they saw your queries.

In fact I didn research much too on the dr before I start ivf I just follow what they given me when I 1st step into kkh.

Thank you Lydialovely, yes I just pray and hope for the best, every part of the procedure till this stage seems smooth so crossing my fingers for smooth sailing all the way

i hope i wouldnt need to use them so soon...most importantly you got one precious inside you now and growing well, its all that matters, the rest take step by step.

i do hope everything will go well... last gynae visit wasn't that good... going back again this friday for review... if no improvement, i probably will have to be on HL till baby is good for delivery.... i guess at every stage we have our own issues and worries.... as for u, think happy thoughts and be positive ;)

Adnil06 u r v right. Each stage new challenged. Got to be strong n win the challenge.

If egg retrieval is mon n et is thu is it a day 3 or 4 transfer? Am affected by the holidays.

its a 3 day transfer mesara. do not worry its just nice. but they wont confirm transfer on day 3 too right think they will still observe see can make it to 5day transfer anot.

yes adnil06, we will never stop worrying and thinking. from the day you decided to have a baby, the worry never stop.

I did acu before er and after er then before et and after et, as mine is a 5 day trf so from er to et can stil squeeze in two slot. I didn do moxibustion.

The negative thoughts set in again...don't feel any implantation has taken place 1-2days after transfer. Don't have much cramps now too. I seem to be recovering from the bloatedness and all. Just now I do a hpt (I know it's too early) it turn out negative :( so demoralising. If really implant like doc say 1-2 days time guess now body system should start secreting hcg already. Suddenly don't know what to do if this fail! Trying to drive away the thoughts but it just came naturally :(

Sorry sisters I just want to blurt out my feelings

Have a great wkend ahead

Sarah, guess your hubby would have deposited his sperm sample by now.
Just to share, When I did my fresh cycle, my hubby was away on biz trip during the crucial period.
Fresh sample was the best in our minds too so toyed with the idea of hubby flying back to give fresh sample then fly back on same day. In the end, we just left it to fate and it's kinda crazy for him to fly back n forth just for this, so we used his frozen sample. N it worked well too cos our 1st try resulted in a healthy bb boy. All the best to u and yr hubby :)

Iwantahealthybb, don't be too upset. It is too early to use a hpt. No symptoms doesn't mean the cycle has failed. I didn't hv any symptoms too when I bfp last round. Only slept the whole day after et. I didn't feel any different during 2ww. Rested 2 days and went back to my desk job. So don't despair and stay positive for yr embbies. Just talk to them n tell them mummy love them v much.

The negative thoughts set in again...don't feel any implantation has taken place 1-2days after transfer. Don't have much cramps now too. I seem to be recovering from the bloatedness and all. Just now I do a hpt (I know it's too early) it turn out negative :( so demoralising. If really implant like doc say 1-2 days time guess now body system should start secreting hcg already. Suddenly don't know what to do if this fail! Trying to drive away the thoughts but it just came naturally :(

Have a great wkend ahead

don't be dismay yet.... its still too early to test. I did not feel anything during the 2ww either... have patience and faith....

Pumpkin_pie and adnil06, thank you for the reply. Google is man best friend but it also make us go crazy. so many info can be read or research at a click of a finger! Reading too much and now having those negatives thoughts. Thank you for the comforting words. I will try not to test for hpt again till beta test end of the month. Don't know can tahan a not. But to see the result on the stick is really scary! Yet don't see also cannot!

Yes let me shout out loud : MUMMY REALLY NEED YOU, LOVE YOU AND WANT YOU!

That's the way to think!!
I had the same thots then too, to test or not to test.
In the end, I tested 2 days b4 BT.
Keep the faith up, don't google too much n try to hv some fun during this Xmas season!

Have a great wkend ahead
Too early for the test. Just wait for the scheduled test by the hospital. Have a merry christmas.

Just finished stim day 13 scan. Haizz right ovary is high with 2 cysts and 4 follicles abt 18-20mm. Prof just said he will try to retrieve n its all in gods hand now. Praying v hard. A friend told me tat she also used only one ovary follicles n one side cannot retrieve. She bd after er as the unretrieved follicles wud naturally ovulate. Wonder due to bd or ivf she conceived non identical twins. She jokes that one was ivf n one was natural. Sometimes when hear this feel like I shud be blessed with the miracle too.

I thought today morning last jab cetrotide but nurse said maybe last gonal f tonight then trigger hcg tomorrow morning. And also after et they said I will be resting 2 hrs in single ward. After er 4 hrs. Is that true sisters. Heard some say et straight go back

I thought today morning last jab cetrotide but nurse said maybe last gonal f tonight then trigger hcg tomorrow morning. And also after et they said I will be resting 2 hrs in single ward. After er 4 hrs. Is that true sisters. Heard some say et straight go back

I went back home after et.... maybe for your case is different? Maybe you want to just ask the nurse?

Thank you bb_hc and loversinparis :)

Mesara I went back straight to after et. Don't know if different hospital different scheme but you also under govt subsidies right? Everytime you scan see doctor you see your doc in charge? cause in kkh we don't get to see our doc till er and et days. Handle by nurses and another group of doc during stimulation scan. Since doc is confident you r in gd hands then I am sure yours is no big problem.

Yes I am.with govt subsidies but seeing same doc always. Prof wong does all my scans er n et. Just tat surprise even after et 2 hrs single ward rest. But good also lor. Prof seems v happy with results. Low dose n respond good with even follicles. Only thing nw is right ovary high n quality of follies n soldiers. Hubby said he felt weak after taking anitiobiotics to prevent sperm infections. Have been boosting him with milk eggs meat almonds. Stress man

Hi mesara, coz you will be under GA for ER. So after ER, you may not feel good. ET no GA. So 2 hour is enough.

Back