IVF/ICSI Support Group

hopeful78, good luck to your 2nd cycle. jiayou!

lydialovely, actually its a very simple yes or no but we just got too many thoughts holding us back. guess what i am already calculating when is the earliest day i can do a hpt. but the feeling sucks if the results is not what we expected, been there done that....a few more days to your BT right? if its within this week then dont test since already come so far..
My BT is next mon lol. I think i must tahan and dun do the HPT. Haha...

For cold drink, e.g. Soya bean milk, I take out from the fridge and leave it till room temp to drink. I think during the 2ww, if possible brew some red dates longan gou qi zi ginger tea and drink.. keep your body warm.

So nervous for tomorrow BT...

For cold drink, e.g. Soya bean milk, I take out from the fridge and leave it till room temp to drink. I think during the 2ww, if possible brew some red dates longan gou qi zi ginger tea and drink.. keep your body warm.

So nervous for tomorrow BT...
Jia you Hope42014! Hope that u have good news tomorrow!

Hello ladies,

Wondering if it's okay to consume coffee (once a day) prior to ivf.

I know it's best not to consume but it's so hard as I love coffee! Anyone in the same shoes?

me is not coffee but cold drinks esp tea! green tea, bubble tea, any cold tea..i think its worst. hee. my advice is if really hard to control then slowly reduce bit by bit, day by day. give yourself to the date of ET to stop everything. at least the most important is when the hopes are inside you...

hi girls, you all have implantation bleeding? what is it like? dark red or brown? i just saw some but i dont know if its still the remains from the ET procedure or its the Implantation bleeding. but it looks weird. super dark brown spotting. no pain no nothing.

hi girls, you all have implantation bleeding? what is it like? dark red or brown? i just saw some but i dont know if its still the remains from the ET procedure or its the Implantation bleeding. but it looks weird. super dark brown spotting. no pain no nothing.

you should be fine. As long as its not heavy bleeding and no cramping shld be ok

I dun have any bleeding during my first attempt until towards the end when AF came. Now during my current cycle, i dun hv any bleeding as well, only cramping. *Keeping fingers crossed*

Hello ladies,

Wondering if it's okay to consume coffee (once a day) prior to ivf.

I know it's best not to consume but it's so hard as I love coffee! Anyone in the same shoes?
Hi sarah 2012, 1 cup is ok but I think not anything that's more.. I'm a super coffee addict too esp at work haha.. I've got a fren who also takes 1 cup of tea everyday even during her pregnancy. Her gynae said 1 cup is ok

I think majority won't experience the implantation bleeding. I seriously hope it's not my af coming. It's just few 2nd day of transfer. Anyway even menses were to come it won't be the same date as your last menses right since we inserting utrogeston.

Thank you!!! I am seeing Dr Anu.. To me... she is a great Dr! Very supportive.. When I have my first D/C.. I thought I am so strong.. refuse to cry.. but when she gave me a big hug to console me... I burst out crying!

wantahealthybaby, don't worry, dark drown discharge show that was the old blood. Some blood will just left in our vagina wall after AF. It could be from ur ER also. So don't worry. Also not too worry if happen u feel like mild pre AF cramp. That could be a good sign though. As this could be ur embryo is implanted and growing inside ur uterus that giving u cramp.

Hope4bb, thanks for the detailed explanation. I so hope that was the implantation bleeding I saw Haha but it's just too dark and weird looking.

Hope42014 today is the day, feeling nervous and anxious for u. Good luck babe!

Just finished d12 scan. All abt 16mm. Prof said stim for 2 more days and mon egg retrieval. Haiz must continue jabs for 2 more days... tummy pain bloated v full n crampy liao.

Hope42014 waiting to grab your babydusts :)

Mesara well at least you know your eggs are even more ready by Monday :) I think you might have a lot of eggs inside too that's why feeling so bloated. Meanwhile continue with your isotonic drinks to dispel off the gas inside.

By the way ladies, did you all experience frequent urination after inserting the utrogeston? I realise I been waking up in middle of night to visit the toilet. Hasn't been sleeping well. Not once but twice!

Oh can start isotonic drink now ar? I also have been peeing middle of nighy. Bladder gets full easily n got high urge. Food also gets expelled fast. Like tummy no space feeling.

I think as long it's room temperature it's ok. Remember I drank cold drinks all the way up to er lol. I am suffering from very bad constipation. Think got 4-5 days no release le :(

Alamak u better take sunsweet prunes. V effective le. Maybe guava can help also but for me sunsweet works.

i shall get the prunes later during lunch :) i was wondering if i can drink fibergel (you know the orange flavor drink?) anyway your scan finish so early. thats so fast.

i saw this link, i think better dont think too much, more stress. just do whatever you are comfy with. there are girls out there, super unhealthy, drink beer and smoke also can get pregnant not once but twice etc. so i think sometimes the more we worry the more we avoid we may face with more challenges and disappointment.

but of cause it can be a guide to you at least you know what to eat best for yourself. anyway my doc say cold drinks is ok, dont know good advice or what, everytime i see him he just is so positive, smiling and assuring really nothing wrong with cold drinks. so i also dont know what to do. he gave me permission for shopping and eat whatever i like after egg transfer while my tcm say bed rest next few days and no cold drinks and avoid cold food. lol. so for me, i hear abit here and hear abit there, of cause favour the one i prefer the most hehehe. but i do stop my cold drink intake for now. maybe till BT! i am still walking around and working since transfer date, so hope nothing will go wrong.

i saw this link, i think better dont think too much, more stress. just do whatever you are comfy with. there are girls out there, super unhealthy, drink beer and smoke also can get pregnant not once but twice etc. so i think sometimes the more we worry the more we avoid we may face with more challenges and disappointment.

but of cause it can be a guide to you at least you know what to eat best for yourself. anyway my doc say cold drinks is ok, dont know good advice or what, everytime i see him he just is so positive, smiling and assuring really nothing wrong with cold drinks. so i also dont know what to do. he gave me permission for shopping and eat whatever i like after egg transfer while my tcm say bed rest next few days and no cold drinks and avoid cold food. lol. so for me, i hear abit here and hear abit there, of cause favour the one i prefer the most hehehe. but i do stop my cold drink intake for now. maybe till BT! i am still walking around and working since transfer date, so hope nothing will go wrong.

Hi iwantahealthybaby, u r right. We shld do what we are comfortable with and dun get too stressed over it. Of cuz we shld watch our diet too. I think it's good for u to eat more high fibre food such as wholemeal bread, leafy vege, cereals and drink more water. Not too good if the toxics stay in ur body for too long... :)

yeah lydialovely, i am into wholemeal bread now, never been a fan for it but now i just knew i got to eat. i seriously need more fibre...hope today i can visit the loo for big business :rolleyes:

Iwantahealthybaby u started work liao ar?? After er or et? Coz my workplace also sure not happy if too many leave. Dilemma. Hope no pain after et n can resume normal life. My fear is pain. Next week xmas so dont knw which day transfer will be also. Ask u ar if last gonal f jab on sat nite means sunday no more cetrotide or any jabs right. Wanna go jb so must plan ar

Last edited:
Iwantahealthybaby u started work liao ar?? After er or et? Coz my workplace also sure not happy if too many leave. Dilemma. Hope no pain after et n can resume.normal life. My fear is pain. Next week xmas so dont knw which day transfer will be also. Ask u ar if last gonal f kab on sat nite means sunday no more cetrotide any jabs right. Wanna go jb so must plan ar

Yes In fact I didn take much leave or mc during this ivf. I after scan will go back office. Only er and et actual day I took mc but went back work next day. Just got to walk and do things slow. For me no pain after et the pain is after ER. Actually er that night I even went out for dinner walk quite a bit too was so pain I need to cab home after that. My pain that night was stomach bloatedness, cramp and the shiting pain keke all in one.

My jab are different from yours but yes if last jab on sat you shouldn be jabbing the next day already

Hi..does anyone experience lower back ache at night after fet? My friend did her et last week and last two nights she had bad lower pain ache. I never had this before in my fresh or fet cycle so can't advise. Is this a normal symptom?

yeah lydialovely, i am into wholemeal bread now, never been a fan for it but now i just knew i got to eat. i seriously need more fibre...hope today i can visit the loo for big business :rolleyes:

Eat more fruits for constipation. I tried prunes but did not work for me but it might work for you so just try. I ate guava daily during my first trimester. But if really many days cannot release, might want to go and see doc to get stool softener. My gynae did prescribe me that for just in case.

Hi..does anyone experience lower back ache at night after fet? My friend did her et last week and last two nights she had bad lower pain ache. I never had this before in my fresh or fet cycle so can't advise. Is this a normal symptom?

Never felt that too. But then again, everyone's experience could be different.

So even guava must eat at room temperature? I like it with sour plum powder. Actually constipation will affect implantation? I don't mind not going to the toilet so long it doesn't affect the result during this 2ww. Got a feeling today won't visit the loo too

I don't think everything needs to be taken at room temperature. I don't remember doing that.However, the sour plum powder don't take too much. Especially if preggy coz too much salt intake may cause water retention. If you are able to get 'chen pi' (dried orange) you can add that to guava... yummy... ;) Did cut down on cold drinks but not totally also. I don't think constipation will affect implantation but its also for your own health....

I don't think everything needs to be taken at room temperature. I don't remember doing that.However, the sour plum powder don't take too much. Especially if preggy coz too much salt intake may cause water retention. If you are able to get 'chen pi' (dried orange) you can add that to guava... yummy... ;) Did cut down on cold drinks but not totally also. I don't think constipation will affect implantation but its also for your own health....

Ic ok ok didn know salt will cause water Retention. Thanks for the extra info :)

hope42014 dont get over upset, give yourself a day to feel down after that be ready for the next cycle. you can do it! by the way this is your 2nd try ivf but 1st fet right? how many did you transfer?

maybe next you can try a fresh cycle?

Hope42014,
Sorry to hear bout that. Please don't give up. Just to share with u, I failed my 1st fresh cycle and also failed frozen cycle. I keep telling myself I must be strong, cannot give up. After 2 months rested, I went for long cycle and was able to spread bb dust! Do allow urself to cried and go for short holiday n come back stronger ya. U are not alone, we sisters here always around to support each other. Take care.
sorry.. no baby dust... :(

Hi, I have my first consultation with Dr Yu 2 weeks ago for IVF and had already done the D2 scan and various blood test last week. My counselling is only on 22nd Jan... We are trying our luck to see if we are able to get any earlier appointment but so far, none. Even tried asking for counselling in mandarin also full. I wanted to embark on my IVF journey earlier as i will have to go for a long biz trip in April. Anybody here can advise how long do i have to wait from the day i go for counselling to the start of all the jabbings? Thanks in advance! Hope all of us will get our BFP soon!

I only have one frozen.. Anyway, I hope that I will be able to have more quality eggs the next time round. hopefully will get a bfp soon in the future.. Now got to focus on my work and let nature run its course..

Hi, I have my first consultation with Dr Yu 2 weeks ago for IVF and had already done the D2 scan and various blood test last week. My counselling is only on 22nd Jan... We are trying our luck to see if we are able to get any earlier appointment but so far, none. Even tried asking for counselling in mandarin also full. I wanted to embark on my IVF journey earlier as i will have to go for a long biz trip in April. Anybody here can advise how long do i have to wait from the day i go for counselling to the start of all the jabbings? Thanks in advance! Hope all of us will get our BFP soon!

r u at KKH? Counselling isn't compulsory. I did not attend the counselling.

r u at KKH? Counselling isn't compulsory. I did not attend the counselling.

Hi adnil06, im with SGH. I thought KKH also require counselling? I was deciding between KKH and SGH and i read that KKH Q is longer so i decides to go to SGH =(

Are you with the private hospital?

I think tavismummy referring to the group counselling section with the doctor where they brief us on the procedure and we will sign the consent on the spot.

Ya compulsory briefing session Hee. I didn went for the counselling as well.

Hope42014, jiayou you r brave! I believe you come back having a stronger fresh cycle some time later

Back