IVF/ICSI Support Group

Asiafighter, what time u were there? I was there yesterday too. Yesterday got 3couples came over give her red eggs..seem like many couple strike under her,

Chris, I say nia lah, I won't dare to mix them together. But to me, since we injecting them one after another into our round round tummy, they will all mix together inside our body also mah. Lazy mummies's thinking! I very lazy & dun want to learn kind, so I didn't even read e leaflet lor.

Dreambear : I am good! Yesterday was terrible and this morning I woke up, all the bloatedness gone and I can even jump up and down....
happy.gif
wheeeeee......

U are damn funny! How to combine all 3???? Anyway the flesh around the area is dead meat already....poke a few more also doesn't matter man.... It's the liquid I didn't like... Some of them are burning!

Anyway low LH is very common and in fact I think good sign cos it means follicles growing and the jab will solve it all. Btw, I extracted 9 eggs yesterday and 7 matured and 5 fertilized as Wendy just called me! Finally can use the fridge! The last round only 5 and 2 fertilized. My e2 jumped from 3k to 11k in just 2 days so I really think anything is possible man!

Monday will be my transfer ...
happy.gif

Bubbub, glad to know u can jump le, That's fast! Wah, good numbers! I'm aiming for better results this round too. Wat time is ur ET? I'm Gog for my scan again on Mon 9am. My E2 was 400 on D4. Telling myself to load tons proteins this wkend. Ya, I dun like e burning feeling when we push in the liquid. Poking in is OK. I pity my dh to everynight poke me 3 times lor..... Dun anyhow tik hor, lol. Btw, u still gog for acupuncture with Dr Zou?

Bubbub,

That's great to hear
happy.gif
All the best for your ET!

Dreambear,

I put a cold compress on the injection site for few min before injecting.. Seems to help.. I don't feel that much of the liquid.. Maybe can give it a try..

Asiafighter: did u tell her that u not feeling well? I don't know if she add anything in there for me for itchy throat n cough but I did tell her. Try to include fruits in your diet too.

Dreambear: I happen to read that but didnt go into details why cannot mix them tho they are injected at the same time separately. Maybe interaction issues.

Bubbub: am so happy to hear the good report from your ER! See, don't worry, your E2 shows egg development not OHSS. OHSS is more on number of follicles. All the best for your ET! Rest well now
happy.gif

Chris (reddesk) - yes, told her and she told me if I'm sick no good for the implantation
sad.gif
whic I kwn. Been drinking honey, water and chrysanthemum.

I1BB - so many new members and I'm still struggle here. Cannot contribute much unless I'm doing another cycle. If not just be a silent reader cos the forum too addictive Liao.....hahahaha

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

Thanks Qegg. Baby steps, dreambear, bluenosebear , min and Chris!

Baby steps : I wish I can do 5d transfer but its too much of a risk cos only 5 eggs... Quality of the embies can only be known on day of transfer right? Will fertilized embies stop growing? It's so funny that its not my first ivf but forgot about everything man....sorry for all the questions!

Dreambear : d4 so still long way to go for u so Jiayou! Yup I am with dr zou everyday now.... Until day of transfer, will do 1 just before the transfer cos it's at 12 noon... Then I also ask her for 3 times after ET.... I dunno if acu helps with implantation but I think it relaxes me..... Just talking to dr zou, looking at her angelic face I happy Liao haha....

Chris : haha yeah.... Gan Cheong mah... Now just pray they deliver into nice little embies....

Oh dreambear : I also load up a lot of proteins and isotonic drinks to nourish the eggs for my last mile... For long protocol, u can stretch for longer days towards ET (think 11-12) cos more control... For short protocol like me, 10 days max. Also long protocol produces better quality eggs... I had 2 grade A the last round...

Asiafighter: do u feel heaty ? There's a traditional belief that papaya ( unless its very ripe) may not be good for preggy woman.... My doc asked me eat apple and orange cos 不凉不heaty.... So I ate an apple a day .... I also take royal jelly...

Asiafighter, same over here leh. I oso in here for soooo long. I've always been "lurking" ard in silence cos if no doing new cycle or fet nothing much to contribute. Just read lor. And ya man! Alot of new sisters indeed... So many until I abit lost... Hehe... Paisei ah new sisters, me old Liao tend to b blurrer one... Haha.... Meanwhile deary, que sera sera ok. Have faith yet b zen ya! Jia yo!

Bluenosebear : haha but sometimes when she pokes.... I think sometimes it hits the points and sometimes it doesn't ....do u feel the same? She is like a mother hen...taking care of all of us so very comforted when I see her....

Bubbub - oh, ok ok, apple a day wl chase away the sickness. Just the throat a bit dry but today feel better. Gd luck to u on mon .....

I1BB, we jiayou together
happy.gif

Happy weekend lady's

Yes asiafighter... We just try our best ya with no regrets. Where's there's a will there's a way!!! Gambete!!! **tie red band ard forehead*

Anyway random ....I was telling my dh i am anxious to see results of his 'contribution'... Cos Imade him promised not to drink alcoho during these 2 critical weeks..

He asked me" huh? how would u know? U mean if my s doesn't swim straight, means I stole a sip ?" DUH???

Congrats to min81 and bluenosebear!

Jia you, Chris, 1bb, hope4baby, ladybuggy, asiafrighter! Hope you all graduate soon! The journey for Ttc is very tough but hope u guys hang on!

Bubbub, I forgotten to ask Dr Zou abt this. When u started to do daily acupuncture with her hah? Till now, I'm Gog to her twice a wk. She will tell us de right? I also dun mind gog to her for acupuncture cos else I also rot at hm. But hor, me too emotional, see Dr Zou will cry de. Maybe like wat u said, cos we are too comfortable with her bah. Btw, I also feel that sometimes she poke I will feel pain. But I swear that my backache improves alot after doing acupuncture with her.

Dreambear- she will tell u de, if not next visit, U k ask her.
But if the point where she poke is too painful, tell her, & she will remove & poke anthr point.

Dreambear : I do twice a week but following up to ET, I think I did 4 days straight .... Cos scare follicles that time ain't growing as fast as I need them to be...

Haha I think hormones is the one playing tricks... Just now I accu, also dunno why suddenly cry.... Dr zou asked me if I was feeling sick...

BNB, remove n poke again, double pain. Lol. I will visit her next Mon n will ask her. Now I really can understand why some sisters quit their job to concentrate on tccing lor. No need to worry abt gynae n TCM appts time slots!!!!!

Asiafighter: last time I was told no pineapple, papaya. so no Lo.

Usagi: thanks! Ya, not easy so try not to 胡思乱想 to make things easier
happy.gif

Bub, congrats! Lol i start looking at the mirror checking my tongue after your post! What did u take for protein ah? I was taking 3 egg white each day but stopped cos roland says stop...

Congrats bluenosebear!

Wondering if we can go dentist for tooth filling during suppression or stimulation stage? Also, anyone here still gg laoshi for healing? Thinking of whether to go b4 my cyle starts...

Asiafighter, thks!! i didnt know we can get to speak to the embryoist...i only talked to Dr loh...Dr loh didnt mention abt the pros and cons of AH...he only said if i wan, he will do it for me...i will ask more when i start my cycle..

right now, i just hope my hormones is balanced..after getting lighter spotting for a few days and almost nil, my spotting started again and more...but odesnt look like the normal AF.. i was confused..asked dr zou how will i differentiate which is real af and which is spotting...hahaha

Bubbub - yup, on day of transfer then they informed me of the grade.. actually is I ask de.. one of my babies got fragmentation.. I hope they grow to blast and the fragmentation gets left behind in the shell! Yea, can.. Fertilized embies are 1 cell on day 1.. But sometimes they don't divide or disintegrate before day 2 so they can stop growing even if fertilization is successful.. But was told the uterus is the best place for embies to be in for them to grow.. So don't worry too much, once they are in, just relax and enjoy the 2ww.. Also, if one embie is also growing abit slower than others, it's also OK, most slow growing embies are girls.. I'm surrounding myself with good and positive stories so I can stay positive and my baobeis can feel it.. Haha.. Abit silly but no point fretting la.. 已成定局!

Btw, anyone gets giddy spells after ET? Had like 4-5 giddy spells today suddenly.. Is it the inserts ah?

Positivecalm - I was told no need to stick to 8,3,12 de.. As long as in between there is 6-8 hours difference.. Ur suggested timing seems ok.. But if u want to be sure, better call up to check on Monday.. =)

Laine : for protein, I took 6 -7 egg whites a day + steaks + fish + tofu. Supplement by Vegs and an apple a day. Beef is supposed to be very bu as shared by one of our common friends... I also took chicken essence and royal jelly every day, with per natal vitamins....plus twice weekly acu with dr zou loh.... But be prepared ok? I gained a lot of weight during stemming hahaha.... This morning can't fit into any of my pants nor jeans anymore....:p

Baby steps : wow I didn't know that! I saw Chris posted something on fragmentation but not sure what that is.... Am going to read up on it...Slower embies means gals??? Really? Can I choose the embies then??

Bubbub - Doctors together with embryologists will always choose the best embryos with higher chance of becoming a live birth for transfer first de.. The girl embryo is I read online de.. How true I not sure.. Haha.. Like I said, I trying to surround myself with positive stories ma.. Hehe.. Girl or boy not important la, heathly babies is most important!

Morning all, may I know what is the diff between long protocol and short protocol? The, who gets long and who gets short? How do we decide?

Bub, thats alot!!!! U started only during stimulation? Im only taking ensure plus 3 egg white for past few weeks, already gained 3kg! Chicken essence everyday, will it be too 'bu'? Im scared of heatiness
sad.gif

so egg white ok ah? I asked roland abt it he say stop....too much is not gd
sad.gif
wanna kill him! Sisters, are all eating egg whites during stimulation? Or started during suppression all the way to ET?

Lainelaine,

Is the tooth filling very urgent? If not urgent, i will choose to wait.. You can consult your dentist too.. I checked with mine 2 mths before ivf.. She did advise best not to do any treatment during this period..

Cheeka,

Long protocol is a 6-week program and and short protocol is 4wks.. Usually is decided by the doctor based on individual condition.. Kinda trial and error too..

Cheeka: For long, the suppression starts the cycle before the actual cycle you start stimulation. For short, suppression starts a few days after stimulation. Hence for long, the number of jabs are more than short as one starts jabs earlier. Your doc will decide on long or short and different doc have their preference on which to use.

Chris (reddesk) - can I still take chicken essence and ensure milk if I'm taking TSB med?

Lainelaine - I was taking 8-10organic egg whites every day till my ER (even i was doing natural ivf). Heard fm my friend her niece did her ivf at NUH and the dr advice her to eat during the simulation.

Laine, ask Roland & ur dentist lah, since u only starting ur cycle in few wks time. I did my half yearly dentist check b4 my cycle, cos we won't be able to do anything 9 mths down e road wor, heh!

Bubbub, I just started w 3 egg whites nia. Slowly building up.

Dream (dreamirene) - before dr Loh came in the embryologist came and tell me the progress of the grade of my embryo before the ET. That is when I ask him how is the egg zona. Yes, dr Loh will not stop you if u want to do AH.

Lainelaine,

Oops sorry, i blur.. You haven't started on ur cycle? Then i think it'll be good to go for a thorough dental check and do wat needs to be done before you start ivf..

Back