IVF/ICSI Support Group

Min and dreambear, i just completed my root canal last week...dentist says still have few holes i need to fill up. Maybe i try to arrange b4 my suppression...starting jab on 26 march...scary!

Asiafighter, 8-10 eggs? Not bloated? Hee guess i'll start when stimulation starts. Need to be organic? Got difference between normal eggs and those exp eggs? I even saw one which says got selenium!

Lainelaine - i am a beliver of egg whites before ER and egg whites and isotonic drinks after ER.. i retreived 22 eggs and never got OHSS.. I think its all cos of the advice from the sisters and dr zou.. i started with 4 during early stim, upped to 8 during late stimm up to ET.. Afrer ET i dropped to 4...

Asiafighter, we only get to see the embryologist on e verge of doing ET? but wont it be too late cos there's nothing we cna change since ET is already planned??

Lainelaine, actually on the egg whites, i think there are 2 diff schools of thoughts... my doc doesnt really encourage eating ew during the jabs cos he mentions it may interfere with the growth...but i only knew abt this towards the last part...so at the beginning, i was still eating the ew cos i thought that will help to stimulate the growth...towards the end, i continue cos i was in a dilemna but i just cut down...i only up my ew a lot to ard 8 after ET cos i hav a risk of OHSS...so as always, just do wat u r comfortable with...

Lainelaine, by the way before ET, i was only eating abt 4 ew..but after ET, i ate close to 8ew, at least 3 litres of water...but i couldnt eat for more than 4-5 days cos i feel sick at the thought of it...so i reduced to only ard 5...so even with 46 eggs extraction, i maange to skip ohss...

Good morning ladies..
hmm.. i dont have much to update leh. Same symptoms until im immune to it liao.. the bloating is still there..not getting any better.

I hope is bloating for the right reason.
bubb, you are early.. i'm still in my lalaland.. You have good numbers for your embbies. Doing your ET on monday? Track back the msgs, and saw your hubby reply's on his armies.. haha..when i was doing the fresh, i also restrict my hb on his diet. No alcohol.. caffeine only 1 cup per day, he damn upset, i will give him a stare whenever he opens the fridge, trying to get a beer.

blunosebear, wah.. u very onz, looking at your list of stuffs, i felt so guilty now. Mine is quite similar to min, no tcm this time round, only taking chix essence at brazil nuts. Even Brazil nuts, i replace with sunflower seeds cos its too heaty for me, after eating 2-3 days, i had ulcer and sore throat.

min, are you going back to work or taking leave to rest?

lainelaine, i did fillings during my stims too cos the filling came off and it's painful... i asked the nurses, they says its fine. During 2ww, better don't.

chris, im the one that post about the frozen embbies growth.. hehe but i hope i'm right based on what the embryologist told me.

Lainelaine, those are the modified eggs which I didn't get. Well, organic is what the dr told my friend niece and the taste is also diff compare to those modified eggs n normal eggs. Heehee, i dont feel bloated cos treated as my bfast. To eat the egg white during simulation is to help the quality. But I guess each dr have their own opinion about this EW matter.
Dr Loh did tell me usually the embryologist wl determine whether to do AH for each case by looking at our egg zona. If is necessary they will do it but if the patient request it they will also do it. So is up to individual I guess.

Ladybuggy,

I actually quit my job for several mths already.. If your work is very physical and need to move around a lot, you might wanna consider extending your leave.. The doc will be ok with it.. Thatwas the first thing the doc asked yesterday, if i wanted my HL extended..

Ladybuggy, your symptoms sounds good to me wor. When is ur BT?

Laine, me just took normal eggs which are low in cholesterol de. I will take 1 egg yoke and 3 ew as at now. Tmr will see my scan results before I up numberbof ew.

Positive, my BT is on coming fri, keeping my fingers crossed

Min, I'm self-employed.. I'm in property line. For these 2 weeks, my hb will fetch me to the appt for viewings, for those days that that my headache was bad, he went on my behalf lor. Actually is also quit my job for ttc dong ivf, tough decision hor.. But at least u bfp Liao.. Can enjoy your pregnancy..don't need to worry about taking mc/al.

Asiafighter: I think it's up to you. if you are coughing I would advise no chicken. On ensure its ok. I usually take the Tcm 2hrs before/after any insertion. Ensure I took in 2 divided cups in morning.

Ladybuggy: Okies.. Haha.. There are many threads so can't remember who said but I remember reading it and it makes sense so I rem. thanks for letting me know its you
happy.gif

Positive: I think lakigal's on mon, ladybuggy+Kum Yin on fri.

Asiafighter, i was told no papaya after ET as it will affect our hormone. Read an acticle also said that pregnancy women and allergy sufferers to avoid papaya.

dreamirene, u have 46 eggs extracted?! Wow!!!!! Just curious, does the quantity of eggs affect the quality?

Asiafighter, organic eggs taste diff ah? Hmm, i'll try it this wk!

Qegg, i love papayas...does it mean we should try to avoid papaya?

Laine : u are right, chicken essence is quite heaty so stop the consumption if u feel that it's too heaty. My motivation for eating all those are very different haha .... Wasn't to help follicle to grow ( that one I turn more to acu for help)... It just to make me feel better that I done my part for the body by taking eggs whites, chicken essence and royal jelly... Then the rest of the day I eat rubbish without feeling guilty.... I remembered dr zou mentioned egg whites is to reduce bloatedness ? That probably explains I felt so light even up to ER, unlike before... Which is stupid cos it then stress me up cos how come no bloated haha...

Do what you are comfy with and makes u feel better...Roland can give advise...the sisters here too... But u just take whichever advise u feel comfy with....cos state of mind is key. Happy u = happy eggs...;)

N no no on papaya I would say. Cos some papaya which are not as ripe as it should be contains some enzymes that are taught to cause miscarriage and still born. Load up on ur apple, orange and carrot, these are safer.

Sisters, would it be ridiculous if I bring a face mask to do after my ET? Cos u are stucked at the waiting bay for an hour man... So boring.

Bub, face mask? Lol u r so hiao!
Hee noted for the eggs n papaya! Now getting abit paranoid, am even thinking if i should continue taking my vit b complex...

Bubbub!!!!!!! U always make me laught de. After ET in PEH, dun they wheel u back to a Ward? I was wheeled to a 2 bedder Ward in Mt E where I just watch TV after my ER/ET, till they allow me to be discharge....

Wah, tik I will up my ew tmr onwards..... Last round I also didn't eat any ew during stimulation.

Lainelaine, based on fertilization rate, at least seems ok... 25 went thru icsi n 18 are fertilized with 10 frozen.. Rest went thru conventional ivf but none fertilized.. I ask doc previously n he also quality not compromised by quantity

Dreambear : yours is mount E so they wheeled u back straight away! PEH has this waiting bay filled with patients that are either groaning or crying...waiting to be wheeled back. The last time I was stucked there for 70 mins! I literally count by the second.... that's why I thought I can do something productive this time round... Not sure can bring iPad in? Phone?

Laine : I am very vain one.... During these few days break before ET, went to do my facial laser and now my face is redder than the monkey buttocks... My hubby said looks like guang gong... I dun think Roland, the nurses or even my embies will recognize me.... So screwed.

Bubbub, u did laser b4 ur ET? U brave wor. I stopped alot of my facial ptds n I looked horrible now cos of e new outbreaks n new scars!!!!!! I tik I know which waiting area u talking abt. I did my lap at PEH n I was wheeled to that area after my lap. But I dun know how bad it was was I was foaming & vomiting due to e post GA effect then. Anyway, hv a gd nite rest later Ya.

Dreambear :haha i went for laser in btw gaps.... The after ER and Before ET gap! I did 2 masks a day... My fren helped me get this masks from Korea which is the now super popular snake venom, snail and escargots .... Actually even when u are pregnant, it's ok for laser. Just that skin docs usually doesn't want to cause much trauma so would advise u not to... Dr zou was telling me when she was preggy, suddenly she got this big patch of pigmentation, her neck was black and her nose swelled!
The last time I did my lap, when I woke up, I was crying non stop and wanted my mum .... Haha. I reacted so badly towards the anesthesia and vomited non stop too...

Good night too! And good luck for ur scan!
happy.gif

Hee bub, u should have a gd rest! Maybe a gd chat with your babies after ET? :p sleep early n your preg starts tmr!
Dreambear, gd luck for your scan!

Lainelaine - but the modified eggs is softer n more tasty. For the past few weeks I couldn't find any organic eggs so I bought those kampong eggs.

Positivs - ok Leh, 8-10 EW not that bad one .....hahahaha, when u think of the quality of our egg.

Chris (reddesk) - I drink TSB med at night. So, wonder I can still take ensure milk after that lor. Thanks for the tips.

Thank u min81 and Chris. What is suppression?

Woah... 8 egg whites a day! That's a lot! Hehehhe..... But for health, better eat bah.

Lakigal, good luck tmr!
Asiafighter, i'll try next week after fiishing current batch!
Dreamirene, bub does that - see dr zou for accupuncture n tsb for med
happy.gif

Dreamirene : yeah I do that and dr zou is awared. Cos TSB medi is fresh and she wrote a lot of thesis on fertility that even caught the eyes of the top ivf doctors in sg...and prob the only tcm doc that my super conservative gynae allows me to take during the ivf process...

Ladies, someone mentioned that she is taking Ensure in packet type. I have look at the ingredients between the packet type and the powder tin type. I realised that the packet type has added Chloride... Is this necessary for us? The packet also stated that it is medicated...

I bought one packet and drink it... I cannot take the taste... it tasted medicated... but I still force myself to finish it as I have spent money on it... then, that night, I had a nightmare that I vomitted...
sad.gif

sunstillshines, i'm doing long cycle and will start suppression on 26 mar. How abt u? U did your lap last yr too right? I also cannot stand the packet ensure, find it too sweet n artificial!
Ya, asiafighter is right. PEH stands for Parkway East Hospital
happy.gif

Asiafighter: no problem
happy.gif

Cheeka: suppression is a stage where meds is introduced to "take over" your body's own hormonal production either by stopping its production or to "bind with it" so that the effects of the hormones does not execute its original purpose (e.g ovulation is one process that should not happen). This is important so that the stimulation drugs can work effectively to grow the eggs and do not get ovulated prior retrieving them.

Lakigal, all the best for ur BT. You will be Lucky Lucky!!

Bubbub, so excited for u as u will be pregnant few hrs later le. enjoy ur 2ww! BTW, I didn't know our gynae "approves" TSB wor .

Thanks chris for the explanation on suppression! I also din know what it is, only know supposed to stop the growth of eggs so that when we start stimulation, the eggs will grow at the same time to ensure similar sizes. That's what my gynae told me. But why D21 starts suppression and how to know when to start stimulation? I'm scared too...my cycle is like 26 days so is it too late to start suppression on D21? Doc says its ok but just dun understand how it works...

Lakigal: all the best for your BT!

lainelaine: On d21 suppression, u will be talking about long protocol. As long as the suppression starts after your ovulation and before the start of your next cycle. It serves 2 reasons: to minimize formation of cyst and to recruit the eggs in prep for the next cycle (which u suppose to start stimulation). It is believed that as long as you are suppressed (effectively I think about 5-7 days onwards I can't rem actual number), stimulation can start anytime thereafter. (This helps hosp to stagger the patients).

It is also believed that by doing so, the stimulation of eggs start growing from the same start line and hence would grow evenly to have "better quality". (note at the point of "recruitment", follicles do range in size differently). Essentially, it's the doc's aim to have a total control of your body hormones by doing so and your body's response to stimulation is the only factor that grows the eggs.

Bubb, do u know if Dr Zou minds that? How do u explain to her that u are not getting her med? i am wondering whether to switch to TCM TSB for the med...any idea how long we shd be seeing her before we embark on FET?

Sunstillshines, i am also taking the packet but didnt notice any smell..i didnt notice the difference in the ingredients though i do know the packet is for medicated...but didnt read too much into it..

Laki is doing BT today?? Good luck! Hope u will add on to the bb dusts!!

Dreamirene : I just told her straight that I am not taking her medi, she is ok lei.....recommended is 3 mths in advance cos tcm is not invasive n takes time to be absorb by the body to see effect...

Laki : good luck in your BT!!

Positive - hard boiled , actually not that bad I do enjoy it.

Laki - good luck, we all waiting for your baby dusts.

Dream (dreamirene) - dr Loh also approve TSB and he said she is the only TCM he kwn which is good
happy.gif
. But I didn't start with her when I start my ivf only recently. Guess is good to start ASAP becos our body usually took 3 months to see any result.

bubbub, hmm....i hva always been taking her med and wonder how to explain y i am stopping now...i hav to find a way to explain first...i will call up tsb to see how's e queue like...

Dreamirene : I also Used to consume from dr zou. I just stop asking from dr zou :p.. TSB queue is horrendous ! I asked TSB to set up a massage corner so that during that 1 - 2 hrs wait I can have something to do and she can earn more money. haha she just scolded me ..... Said 会按到没有的!

Btw to the sister who allows me to jump queue earlier at dr Zou so that I can rush down for my ET , thanks so much !!! Love ya!
happy.gif

huh, bubbub? the queue is 1-2hrs wait? oh man...why is it so long when there is no accupuncture? how often do u drop by to see her? weekly? i can only afford after work..NTU is too far and i dun enjoy the consultation where there are many other students in there...i feel like a specimen..

Hi everyone,

Anyone here has heard or done Antagonist Protocol for IVF?
Heard that this protocol is good for those with PCOs/ high risk of OHSS.

Any comments about this, anyone?

Thank you!

Just had my scan. My ovaries just refused to release more eggs even with my increased dosage of 300IU. Gyane officially announced that I have low ovary reserve. He usually do AFC, antral follicle count and dun rely on AMH via blood test. My AFC was 16 while AMH was 1.5. Hence he chose to believe my ovary reserve still OK, but looking at e results I hv with the increased dosage, he concluded me hv low ovary reserve.

Last scan on Fri got 6 eggs. Tdy show 7. Two 12mm, three 13mm & two 9mm. He said no need to increase dosage le so still continue with 300IU puregon. The only thing he is happy is that their sizes are abt e same n hopefully quality is better this round. Next scan on Wed & ER Maybe on Sat or Sun. Everything will be good!!!!!

Dreamirene : I go to the one at upper cross street, not ntu. That's too far for me... Yeah each of her patient visit is abt 10 - 15 mins,,..,I think she doubles up as psychiatrist too haha

Dreambear : haha good to see that u are high I'm spirit ! My condition is more or less like yours the last round n he up the gonal f to 450 for last 2 days and it makes massive difference for me.... This round also the last 2 days went crazy growing from 3k to 11k .... your this protocol 1 thing can be assured is very good grade a embryos...
happy.gif
jia you!

Btw you have very good and even follicle sizes... The 3 x 13mm will do wonders, can grow like 5 to 6mm over 2 days one ok?
happy.gif

Ai yo bubbub, u dun know how sad I was man. When he scan for me n tell me e size n confirm me low eggs reserve..... I brokedown abit in front of him. He asked me if my Dh is supportive n I say Yes. He said alot of patients see open le n I said I trying to lah, but still human will tears mah. But he told me no need increase my dosage le lei, maybe he dun wanna waste time on me le itiz, heh!!

I also cried when I see Dr Zou just now. She also asked me to relax n say the eggs r of gd n even sizes. I told her ya, I'm trying to relax n enjoy my work free days!!!!

Well, it's not easy when we are in e stimulation & 2ww period lord. Really easier to say than do it. But at least I hv assurance from my gynae, Dr Zou, my DH n all sisters out here. I WILL STAY POSITIVE!

Tell u all a joke. I asked my dh to tik of Nick for our embryos to be transferred n he gave me 2 girls name. He said he will tik of another boy name n tell me. I asked him y he tik of 3 names? He said cos I told him I'm entitled to transfer 3 embryos cos of my age n previous failed cycle bah. Really gua gua lor.

Dreambear: I hope to console you there.. I am not eligible to transfer 3 yet, have satisfactory/good AMH and ok-number of AFC but I don't yield many eggs too (isn't it frustrating?!) .. Haha. Hence I am beginning to separate "low ovary reserve" with "poor ovary responder". I would like to think that I just don't respond as well to stimulation as much as I like to but if I have children out of trying, it's worth it
happy.gif

Back