IVF/ICSI Support Group

Congrats min. Grabbing yr Babydust. So happy for u n hubby.

Kumyin your bt today right? All the best. Awaiting yr Babydust

today is my d18. and its my first time taking clomid. now im experience painful boobs, cramping at the tummy and feverish. Also have slight discharge. Is that normal?

Ladies,

Thank you so much for all the well wishes
happy.gif
Really thankful i managed to get to this stage..

Saralyn,

Thank you so much for your concern
happy.gif
Ya hubby and i are really happy now!

Ladybuggy,

I did test hpt yesterday but hubby and i still felt insecure and wanted confirmation from the bt first
happy.gif

Baby steps,

Haha.. I dunno about twins.. My hcg is 209..

Min if u can, pls summarize yr journey to success. Like wat jabs hw many follies ER ET wat food u took prior n post ivf. . Will really help all sisters here.

Happy Nine months 

Min - I also dunno what is considered high la actually haha.. But i think to all of us here, one or two doesnt matter right? As long as baby is healthy, it's all that matters.. Congrats again!! =D

Dreambear ^5, I reckon must be good news that's min stayed bck to wait.

Min, today is your day14 or 15 posr ET?

I'm so anxious for mine, another 7 more days to gi, kkh does BT on day 18..wait until neck long.
Can drink ginger tea daily? My tummy still bloated, machiam like 3 months preggie.. So uncomfy

Min81: congrats! I know it's going to be good news for you! Yay!
happy.gif

Sara: bluenosebear is today also. Kum yin next mon?

Dreambear, ladybuggy,

Erm.. Actually i'm home! Haha.. We decided before 9 to leave for home cos too back breaking to wait there and we weren't sure what time they'll call.. My bed is definitely more comfy.. Hehe.. I gotta go back to see doc at 1.45..

Sara,

Thanks!
happy.gif
I'm 32.. I don't think my protocol was very much different.. Later tonite will post for u
happy.gif

Ladybuggy,

Today is 11 days post day 4 transfer for me.. Have you tried the isotonic drinks for the bloatedness?

Min, congrats!! wow! very happy for u! were u the one who's worried abt the follicles? tht goes to prove is really the quality that counts...

was there anything special u took during these 2wks?? cos i failed my first fresh adn wondering what i can do better for fet...

Nana, sorry.. we didnt mean to ignore your msg as we are over-welmed by min good news hehe

day18 meaning your ovulation is over? What you mention are the common side effects.

min, not yet, will try it later when i buy lunch.

hope4bb, maybe its caused by the cyclogest inserts. My last fresh cycle, i didnt experience such bloating. Me and my big mouth la, 1st week of the 2ww, i kept telling my hubby no feeling.. den now feeling comes.. haiz.. but i got feeling like AF coming leh like the common PMS before AF.

Ladybuggy - According to my research, bloated is good wor.. Cos ur babies implanted le and producing HCG so u get mild OHSS feel.. Jiayou! Drink more isotonic drink.. Really works! Im still bloated from ER and hoping i get more bloated in a few days! Haha...

ladybuggy: its ok. Its just that when i post the first time, it does not come out.

Sparkles: Yup, i took from D2 to D6. Now weondering is clomid having side effect after ovulation or not?

babysteps.. hahaa.. bloated is good ah.. im feeling awful leh, my stupid hubby kept saying my tummy like 3 months.. den later tonight im meeting friends for dinner, how to explain my bloated tummy, cannot wear those tight underpants to hide.

Nana - i took clomid for 6 cycles before. I had no side effects.. I dont ovulate regularly one.. But taking clomid, my cycle was 30 days clock work.. I heard cannot take more than 6 cycles tho.. Not good for body..

Ladybuggy - yea its good! Tell them u very 好命, hubby feed until u 白白胖胖.. Haha.. Or wear a looser dress? So it wouldnt be too obvious.. Remember to walk slow and relax ah..!!!!

I remember there was a sister Doubles who had severe OHSS second part of her 2ww and her test was positice too.. i went to research (cos tt time i got 22 retrived i v kiasi ma) and alot of forums state that if ur bloatedness dont subside or even get worse after u Et (arouns time of implantation) then its very likely good news.. But of course, it's not absolute and dont have doesnt mean not bfp also..

So hold on to this positive thought! Believe that ur babies implant le and growing well!

Nana, have you ovulated? You should be ovulating already, did you test on those ovulation kit.

Babysteps, i took for 3 rounds but for the last 2 rounds, doc double up my dosage and i was monitored for blood test and follicle growth. On the day i tested O, will scan to see the follicle growth and we BD that night. Going for an appt later in the aft first... yah.. will work slowly cos i tend to chase after bus and train haha.. esp the LRT here.. aiyo.. the door closed so fast.

i think i have ovulated. this mth i never test due to time constraints. so i just listen to my body and do bd when i feel its right. i have regular menses and ovulate every mth but my gynae wants me to try out clomid for three cycles to see any miracle happens or not.

hmm....Min, i rem u were worried about the egg quality, is it?? or the cell fragmentation wwasnt too great??

hmm...dun get me wrong...i am happy for min...we hav always been trying to take supplements to tackle the issues...but looks like there are still chances for all types of embryos, regardless of the quality and fragmention....what else can we work on... reason why i am wondering is cos my follicles are grade 1 (TFC) but sitll fail...the remaining frozen are apparetnyl grade 1 or grade 2...i am trying to figure out what else can we do to up the chances...

sorry...i am a bit paranoid...cos i hav the habit of wanting to find the root prob to tackle...

Congratulations, Min 81!!!!! Hope that u will have a smooth journey. Jus curious, y did u choose to do Ivf in the first place???

Min81 - congratulations!!!!! I m grabbing ur babydust as much as i can
happy.gif
Have a smooth 9 months ahead. I hope i can oso pour babydust next week. When will ur scan be?

Lady buggy: it went ok.. Press press only mah
happy.gif

Kum Yin: so I got the mixed up. Lakigal on mon n u on fri. All the best to your upcoming BT.
happy.gif

Ladies,

Thank you so much for all the well wishes.. Got thru this so much easier cos all of you were so willing to listen and share
happy.gif

Dream,

Yes it was a day 4 transfer, the stage before blastocyst.. I didn't have any worry until after ER when i was told my left ovary had shifted and was unreachable.. Not really abt the quality but more of whether i would have any embryos to transfer as only 2 fertilised..

Baby steps,

Think there are no numbers for the grading.. Was told it's good, one partially compacted, one compacting..

Sorry if i had missed out any questions.. Hehe.. At nuh reading everything on small hp now..

Wow this retrieval pain is fierce man.... Dun recall the last one feeling like this... Luckily I wasn't in black and white today if not, people may mistaken me for a penguin with the way I walked...

Had a very nice anesthetic lady who is quite loud and couldn't stop talking, a super blur sotong ward nurse ( who claimed her first time dealing with ivf patient) who is so nervous and I had to calm her down by holding her hands..... Her hands were freezing cold ... And my clinic nurse whose vol is so soft that I think it's intended for ants and not human... And my hubby kept asking ( like a broken record) where is his form to submit to the fertility clinic so that they use the right specimens ... I whispered to the operating nurse if that mix up happens, just give me Ang moh sperms cos the baby is cuter...

Sharing a ward with a 20 years old Prc young gal... She was like all chirpy and her fren came with her etc.... We were separated by a curtain so I thought she was giving Birth.... She said single, 1992.... I was like wow, so lucky and so young somemore... Then her fren said 你拿掉了我们去 shopping erh? I was shocked! She came for abortion instead.... ! What an irony right? I came to get preggy and she came to end her baby life...

Min : i am really happy for u so looking forward to your blow by blow account of the ivf journey!

Ladybugger : u definitely sound very preggy! Can't wait for your Bt!

bubbub: 1992 ?! sigh... that sad of them to take pregnancy so lightly and even can go shopping after the procedure!!!!

i also don mind to have an angmo niece/nephew hahahahaha! is your anesthetic dr named Florence?
She was the one who did my lap too. Loud but very assuring.

p/s: u know who i am :D

Min82, congrats to u . Have a smooth 9 myths ahead.

I'm in my 2ww too. Had my ET yesterday. One of the embbies v stubborn sticking on the tube and finally inside after 3tries. Anyone similar experience. Even dr sadhana said why ah your embbie.

Does a compacted embbies have better chance of implantation?

Back