IVF/ICSI Support Group

Kum yin: I see. I was thinking about how your review went today. Good, now I understand. Basically it's the same thing but done differently for your case; I suspect so cos u had high retrieval. The ovidrel basically plays the "placenta" role meantime. Your case, it's directly given to you.

Min81: I agree. So you preparing for LF babies ok.. ;) I sleep too much hence can't sleep Lo.. A bit warm.. And still getting used to bed and all but getting enough sleep
happy.gif

Babysteps: you and Min81 sama sama .. Haha..

I1bb, I also did try to chart again but gave up haha. Meantime try to tiao your body to prepare for the next round.

Babysteps, don't be upset, at least there's 2 embbies in you now. Welcome to the 2ww! Rest well and enjoy, try to limit your movement for the few days for the embbies to settle in.

Min, haha, we also have names for my snowbabies, my hubby was the one that name it. During the 1st transfer, my hubby say out the name infront of dr tan, the doc laugh at him :p

Asiafighter, I'm drinking ensure milk in the morning, LRD drink in the afternoon, I'm not taking Brazil nut cos too Heaty for me, I had sore throat after eating for 2 days. I switch to eating sunflower seeds which is good too.

Chris, finish stimulation liao. Going for medicated FET as lining didnt do me proud. Already 11mm halfway through jabs. On ER day, 16mm. Doc decide dont go ahead with fresh. Now waiting for AF to come then will start the suppression jabs and oral pills. Hope to reunite with my embies real soon. Target date should be April. Still far! Now just taking in reference from all sisters here who have progressed.

Lady buggy: ohh.. So we are the ones not onz.. :S.. Hahaha..

Asiafighter: the lady selling ensure say that it may be good to take at night but I didnt want to wake up to pee just because I took the milk so morn is better.

Muff: oic.. Ok ok.. Lets learn together
happy.gif

I walked like a duck today after the hcg trigger .... Think I snored during my acu too... Dun remember it being this tired the last time round,,,,

Btw, does your eggs continue growing after hcg trigger? Dr zou also said to me e2 doesn't mean much, it's just to check if your have ohss.... She hopes the rest catch up if not, that's about it..l I jaw dropped...

Chris : I think for those with cold uterus, durian is quite heaty and bu ... Those who are heaty In general, I wouldn't recommend, haha I hate durians too.... My hubby always want to trick me not eating...

Dreambear : when is your ER? Roland said he doesn't really need a full bladder though.... Cos I told him I will definitely pee on the pan.... But it's quite embarrassing also hor? Dunno if I could summon my courage to do it.... I wonder can bring iPad and phone or not? The1 hour wait before wheeling u back to the ward is terrible ....

Baby steps : I totally understand how u feel .... I also want to have more so that's can freeze some too....but Bo pianz... Happy also need to go thru, not happy also need to go thru,,. Choose the former one loh...

Chris : your prof has a good point .....wise man. But again, we are Cha Bo! To be in an emotional wreck is our middle name! Hahaha I told myself its ok to be emo, cry, throw a big fuss, Gan Cheong a bit ..... It's just part and parcel of expressing ourselves.... Dun need to act brave is what I told my hubby of the beauty of this website.... No one is judging. I can act crazy and its still ok haha....

Wouldn't it be interesting if they have a facility ( like a big mansion) where all the 2ww ladies check in and stay together under the same roof? Then have a live camera to record everything like a reality show....haha will be interesting to watch.

Muff : ur doc did the right thing cos we really want that lining to be optimal before putting your embies in... April is not far away so all the best!

So sisters, the embies name are going to be their real name when they are borned too? I better think through this carefully haha

Bubb, you really makes my day, i was laughing at my iPad
while reading your post. My hubby turn over and look at me haha.

I was feeling aweful this morning, after having brekkie, I felt like puking. Early Morn 5am wake up to puke, maybe it's the dinner too oily or what haiz, now having splitting headache.

Chris, yah my hubby is more onz, he will stare at the photo, rub my tummy and call out the names.. He don't allow me to drink cold drinks, it's so warm, I have cravings for ice- cream and cold desserts, al these are no no. He will order milo for me instead.. Imagine drinking milo under hot weather... Duh

bubbub, i like ur idea of having the facility...not so much abt a reality show..but more of companionship so that we can look out for each other and entertain each other..

ladybuggy, u really sound positive! keep it up!

I think i better be more disciplined and start taking my supplements...planning to do FET in jun

Ladybuggy :haha glad I made your day. Which day are u on with your 2wa? Your embies super onz, 5am asked u to wake up to puke already? Early risers... Have u done your BT to check your progesterone....? Those are good signs babe...good signs
happy.gif

Dream : plus come with all the good food, unlimited supply of ensure, chicken essence, basil nuts, durian and lrt hor...plus a scanner and we can scan as and when we like it....
happy.gif

Wow wow... So many peeps in 2ww! May success be with all of you!!!!

Too bad I can only start my cycle in June..... Jus curious, What foods to eat during stimming??? Ensure milk enough?

muff, too early to have MS leh.. im only at 9dp2dt nia.

dream/bubbub, i do hope is good sign. Yest dinner i had fried hokkien mee for dinner.. mouth itchy la.. now feeling bloated/nauseous dont know issit because of that. But it can be because of the cyclogest inserts. KKIVF do not have the practise to check progesterone for mid-cycle for FET.

Not sure if i can take ginger-tea to curb the bloatedness and nauseous.

bubbub, actually in Penang we have this kind of confinement centers. There is a nursing room where nurses will take care of your baby 24 hours for the 1st month, then you can get complete rest with food, accomodation, tv provided. But too bad, in sg doesnt have one...maybe can consider...hehe..my sil went there le, she enjoyed to the max

Ladybuggy,

Ginger tea should be ok.. I also take isotonic drinks for bloatedness/nausea as advised by some sisters here..

Chris (reddesk) - I drink ensure bf I go to bed. I also have a bit of cough, so best not to take the chicken essence?
Weather is bad.....so scare to cough hard

Min81- yes, now I remember my hb told me Giants do sell the Brazil nuts. But not sure is it organic .

Bubbub, my ER still long Loh, tmr will be my 1st scan after 4 days of stimulation. Many sisters in 2ww but I dun see any in stimulation stage like me lei??? My last ER, I emptied my bladder n drank a cup of water b4 gog to Mt E. I doing in Mt E instead of PEH. Into e OT, nurse asked me bladder full or not, I say no, Maybe half nia. Then she scan me, n said my bladder super full! But I say I no urgent feeling lei. Then she ask me empty half a disposable cup of urine. After scan again, still full, ask me empty another 3/4 cup of urine. Tell u, not nice to urine n control e amt of output lor, Lol.

Bubbub: E2 shows the development of the egg in the follicles. So don't drop jaw yet ;) the "facility" that provided everything for one to relax is not a bad idea.. But sounds like a hospital to me leh.. Haha.

Ladybuggy: if u are vomitting due to the hcg produced by the implanted embryo then the kit should be able to tell now. Usually is me don't drink cold water outside one.

Dreambear: sure difficult to control pee like that. Ya I skip chicken essence also.

Today is super duper extra HOT man, woke up in sweat! ~_~;

Min81, yr symptoms look positive to me...hehehe
happy.gif

dreambear,,yr ER will b here before u know it..at least u cleared the first hurdle of lucrin jab for 2 weeks already...well done! Now jus persevere for another week or so...JY!

Min & BLuenosebear,,all the best for yr bt tomo..
Remember to drop lotsa of bb dust here ..
happy.gif

Asiafighter,

Ohh, i can't remember whether it's organic.. But i guess it's ok?Since not everything we take is organic too..

Dreambear,

Wahh don't think i can control the pee like that.. Haha.. For my ET, it was scheduled at 2.15pm.. Nurse gave me instructions to empty bladder at 1 pm then start drinking 400ml water.. Was quite manageable.. I only felt like peeing after going back to ward and resting a while.. Maybe can roughly follow that time frame this time?

Ladybuggy,

Still early leh.. When's your bt? Maybe u test again in abt 3-4 days? Stay positive!

Chris,

I didn't really take chicken essence too.. Should be ok.. Did the lady say why it's good to take ensure at nite? I have it for breakfast every morning..

Laddybugger : dun read too much into it. I share with you 2 stories. A lady here took hpt on day 14 and got a bfn, cried non stop, didn't sleep and ended up with high fever. Stop the medication on her own.... Cos think no point Liao.... Then for for BT, she is preggy ( BT shows 10 plus means implantation took place) but I think with all the self inflicted stress, she lost the bub 3 days later... And that person is moi. I regretted till this date. So I wouldn't do hpt until the time is up for BT cos hpt is not accurate. My fren is 6 weeks preggy but hpt still bfn .... BT shows preggy.... So if its bfP, good of cos believe! If its bfn, dun take it literally....
happy.gif
so jia you ok?

Chris : would my eggs still how after trigger?

Ladybuggy: also good, old used, new hpt, new hope
happy.gif

Min81: the nurse very kind to you hor, ask u drink 400ml, I drink 500ml leh.. Alamakz. What u tell her huh that u drank 100ml less.. Hahaha! J/K!
happy.gif
The aunt selling the ensure didnt say but i feel can use some intuition there.. Heeee
happy.gif

Bubbub: sayang. It's true what u say.. Maybe hpt spolit. One of other friend also say that she was preggy and test neg still tho she already know preggy, can happen one. The trigger shot is to ripen the eggs, probably no.

Muff: BT =blood test

Wah the thread move very fast hor, one nap only suddenly go to next page liao!

The names I have my embies are nicks only, I think if I out that in their birth cert they will kill me when they grow older.. wahaha .. too lovey covey le..

Bubub - Sorry to hear about that but thanks for sharing this valuable story with us.. I was half past six about wanting to test hpt after trigger has left body.. Now I think I wont test a d just wait for bt.. Will be vv gan cheong but will tahan!

Min and bluenosebear - Throwing u all the good luck in the world for tmr's BT.. And in return, u girls need to throw us baby dust tomorrow OK?

Sparkles - Yup, kkh also got return pictures or embies, before Eat they will show the embies they are about to transfer on the screen too..

Wah, rain again! Just now is super hot, now rain.. Good good ..

Sunstillshines: ya I follow the instructions as of now, abit sweet, I was just thinking today to try reduce 1 scoop tomorrow to see how it taste. Based on 6 scoops, 1 big tin last abt 16days. Also cannot mix immunocal w ensure.. It create super a lot of foam. I make them n drink separately.

Babysteps: should sleep now cos rainy n good to sleep again... ;) but tonight will be like owl liao..Oo.. Woo.. Oo..Woo cannot sleep.. Hahaha!

Bubbub: I was trying to read to understand abit more about your question. It's hard to say if the follicles will still grow; the different hormones (FSH, LH, TSH, etc) works like a loop, one affecting one another and overlapping each other and with introduction of hormones, this is additional factor to think how the interaction will go. Technically the follicles would still grow as part of the process of maturation but maybe not so much as the "growing" as per stimulation phrase? I think this is a more reasonable answer to your question and my v short reply just now.

My bfast now at hm is ensure milk (3.5 scoops) & 2 half boiled eggs. I find 6 scoops of ensure is too sweet for me.

Bubbub, hugsssss. That happened during ur 1st ivf? I didnt hv e courage to do hpt. This round, I will also not do hpt.

Chris, Ya, nice weather to sleep now but like wat u said, I dare not sleep cos even without nap, I was unable to fall asleep last night.

Just to share with you all a story as well, happened to my friend. She was also ttc for a long time naturally. On a particular month, her AF came and it was very very long like more than 40 days. She thought her AF went haywire as this is the first time happening. She went to the doctor and the doctor ordered a blood test. Turns out she was pregnant and having a miscarriage. Should she have gone earlier, she would have gotten more support on the week 5.

So ladies, though this is not an IVF related thing but I thought this is a good story to share. dont panic if you see blood, as it may not be AF afterall. Better to check always!

Chris,

Haha.. Dunno leh, but I was asked to bring 500ml of water though..

Jelly, baby steps,

Thank you ladies! Will update after my BT tmr.. I also hope to sprinkle baby dust!
happy.gif

Chris, dreambear,

If the ensure milk is too sweet, can just add more water instead of reducing the powder
happy.gif
Oh ya, I also don't take naps cos if not, I won't be able to get to bed early at night..

Chris, thanks for the reply and I think it's very useful already
happy.gif

Dreambear: ganchiong and went to test hpt earlier... Then bfn. Then I started crying ( even though u tell yourself it's ok and wait for bt still cannot control) then cos cry too much, cannot eat, cannot sleep and the next day I woke up with a very high fever. Plus I stopped All supports ( progesterone, estrogen). Backside itchy. I was shocked to find out the test is somehow positive... But not optimal yet. So had to do bt 3 days later to see if it goes up.... I kinda suspected it happened on the day when I had high fever cos all of a sudden, all my pregnancy symptons disappear...haha that's why I told myself it will be PUPO and not doing any hpt cos no point. Dun stress myself out.

After lunch, i went to take a nap, log in so many msgs..

Thank you ladies for the encouragement.. Made some ginger tea to drink, after burping and farting (TMI), felt better.

Bubb, sorry to hear that. I heard similar case like yours here from the sisters here, but i admire your courage to start a new cycle again. I'm a scardy cat, after my failed fresh, i was scared and lost confidence to carry on.

min81, thanks.. i just drank some ginger tea but the headaches and giddiness is still there. Do you pee often at night? I can wake up to pee like 2-3x at night.. terrible..

Chris, hahaa.. i like that... good things will come when old things go.. I'm not going to buy and test again la.. just endure
happy.gif

Dream bear/min81: I sleepyhead.. 吃饱好睡.. Haha
happy.gif

Muff: I feel sayang for your friend but the good thing is if she can pregnant naturally means possible to do so again. I forgot to include bbt is basal body temp. ;)

Min81: Aiyo, I very 老实, she say "got bring the water?" I say "yeah" and she say "drink the water from 11.15 and finish 30mins before 12.45", so I really drink all Lo.. Alamakz. On the ensure, I am thinking the same also, don't reduce the scoops but I was going to look at the tin tomorrow to decide if 1 less scoop make any significant or not. If so, then I will just make 3 scoops in morn and think when to "slot in" the next cup of 3 scoops later in the day. I didnt want to make a bigger cup because I think it's too much fluid to take and don't want to leave the reconstituted milk for too long. When i do that then I will update sunstillshines but now she knows le.
happy.gif

Bubbub: you r welcome.
happy.gif

Ladybuggy: ok. I have been thinking if I will test hpt also yesterday since I did test earlier using hpt for my 1st cycle and BT was just to confirm. Currently, i don't have anymore also except for a strip that someone passed me when I bought something from her. I was thinking if positive then the strip will do also, or if I buy one, just the cheapest one can do also liao lo. It's more just for fun, not pinning all my hope to watch it "+" or double lines kinda mindset. It's like having a failed fresh before, nothing else can be worse liao isn't it ;)

Hope4bb: Wah, tmr can have a mini-gathering liao.. I also will be going for post-ET review.
happy.gif
welcome to the start of stimming! Dreambear also stimming now if I didnt rem wrongly.

Chris, ya lor, but after the M/C she also having issues to conceive... will try IUI soon for her. sighs.

Ladybuggy,

Yup i gotta pee a at nite too.. But i'm quite a piggy la.. Keke.. After going to toilet, i just come back to the bed, plop down and i'm back to lala land already.. Haha.. How abt you try not to drink maybe an hr before bed, and empty bladder before sleeping.. For the bloatedness, i take very small meals but more frequently.. It helps for me, you might wanna give it a try..

Chris,

Taking 3 scoops each time is a good idea
happy.gif
But i'm 'shui tong', don't mind drinking lots at one go.. Haha.. Hey tmr you also have to go nuh right?

Hope 4 bb,

Thank you!!
happy.gif
All the best for your ivf.. Jia you!!

Dreambear : u meeting Roland tomorrow? Haha I am going for my ER tomorrow with him...did u use gonal f the last time ? Any reason for switching to puregon...

Lady buggy : I am so scared of second failure and that's why took me 9 mths to go for 2nd round... Tot use these few mths to bu the body but me being me, laziness kicks in too.... Now Gan Cheong, last min pick up whatever I have left off,,,

Min81 and bluenose : good luck! Baby dust! Baby dust!

min and blue> gd luck for BT tmr..

babysteps> sometimes its nt the quality of yr eggs, sometimes cud also be they did not grow to the matured size during ER. i also had 23 follicles retrieved, but only 9 eggs, 5 matured, and also only 2 embryos with no frozen.. i failed that cycle lor.. but u cud be lucky with just 2, as there are cases positive with just 1 or 2 embryos. can i ask why need BT on ET day? hw many BT u had for the whole cycle? did u collect any embryology report? does kkh has locker to put yr belongings during er n et? during ET can u wear yr own clothings and put the opt gown over?

asiafrighter> if u drinking ensure and eating yr prenatal vit, nt nec need to eat brazil nuts..

Muff: chance is definitely there for her.

Min81: Wah, I wish I m like you, flop n back to lalaland immediately.. I always ask hubby to pass me this "virus".. Haha
happy.gif
on drinking, if u drink too much at one go, all will come out also so no point leh. ya, am gg down tmr.

Dreambear: tmr is "hosp" day for many people.. Hee
happy.gif

Lin - Dr Sadhana told me is cos egg quality so they not usable even tho matured le.. Only 4 usable.. But its ok, must remain positive! These 2 are all i need!! Think the BT was to check my E2 levels for ohss.. But they didnt wait for my results to be out, Dr Sadhana asked me how i was feeling and cos i was feeling ok, just mild bloatedness and no nauseousness, she decided to go ahead with ET.. I had around 4 BTs.. Once before stim, once middle of stim when my eggs werent growing, one duringtrigger and one today.. I only got a photo of the 2 embies they put in and a piece of paper to show the numbers.. No detailed report leh.. During ER, they got lockers for u to put ur personal belongings.. Then u hang the key ard ur wrist.. For ET, hubby was with me during the prodedure, so he was holding on to my bag.. I just had to change my bottoms and put on thislong skirt for ET.. No need change out of everything de..

Min - we very alike.. i also v piggy one.. i can wake up anytime and go back to sleep within seconds haha.. but when i first try to get to sleep, i take long time.. hubby on the other hand few mins he can fall asleep le but if woken up, he cannot sleep back liao..

babysteps> so u had 22 extracted and all matured? trigger day also need bt? omg. so scary. last time i no need bt during cycle at all.. only before start cycle do amh and pre ivf bt, then aft et 2 bt only.. so et dh can go inside the OT? but u can choose to put yr bag in locker if u want also? u bring socks along?

dreambear> yr scan is tday or tmr??

Back