IVF at NUH--feedback pls

yup.. tat time we chat for 2hrs due to all the paper work also done on tat day. Both hub and wife must be there to sign all documents. Remember to bring ur Marriage Cert and ICs.

Ladies going for IVF/ ICSI @ NUH

Reading this thread really brings back some fond memories...I had during my IVF attempts..

Really those NUH-CHR nurses are damn good.

@Serene & @celiam

I would say ICSI is much better than IVF. There is a difference between ICSI & IVF. What I have read in some websites is that ICSI has a better chance of getting pregn't than IVF. Because in ICSI, the sperm is injected into the egg, which gives the higher chances of fertilisation. In IVF, the sperm is just places around the eggs. So, the sperms have to fight their way in...If the sperms cannot flight in or if the egg's wall is a little bit thicker, then IVF getting flopped are much greater. [these info are from a large collection of sites that i read during my time of attempts]

Normally, to increase the chances of all their patients getting baby..i believe CHR does ICSI.

@bluenosebear

IVF counselling normally takes no more than 30 min per couple. You'll be signing in about 10 places..they'll inform you about the procedures for the day of ER & ET & give you the details of how much its gonna cost..

Hi Serene, Bluenosebear,

I have already started Suprefact injections last week. Going well so far. I guess I am ahead of you both. I was also warned about having protective sex. Makes sense. Understand a bit more about ICSI now and thanks for your advice Mrs Ha.
Did the nurse explain to you when you should expect period to come? Am wondering if it will be delayed?

Best wishes to you all!

CeliaM-I also not sure, maybe U want to ask the sistas in IVF support side, is more active there. If not I try to ask during my counselling time.

hi CeliaM, my tcm doc told me af will delay a few days when under suprefact jab. You were give how many days of suprefact jabs? Is it 14days? If after 14days, af still not come, do we need to go bk to NUH to get more suprefact jab? Think i will ask the nurse tis Fri when i go for my suprefact jab. Did NUH provide the ice pack when u collect the suprefact? I m thinking of bringing my cooler bag to put the suprefact.

Hi Serene. AF has finally turned up after all, a little delayed though. NUH did provide me with cooler bag, so no need to take your own. What treatment is TCM doc giving you? Are you having acupuncture? Am thinking about that. Have you tried it before?

@bluenosebear

I'm fine. Thanks. I'm concentrating on adopting a baby, since IVF & IUI sessions dint work for me. All the best for your IVF. Whose doing your ER...Prof or any other doc?

@serene
I would suggest you get a ice pack that u get in ntuc or in any d-i-y stores...cooler bag won't be enough,b'cos of the outside temp & the $ u r paying for the meds..After suprefact, you guys will be put thro' even more $$ meds, so pls get a ice pack of your own for safety back up reasons
happy.gif

Serene-took my med today, at the same time did the counselling & signing of all forms. Lucky U reminded me to bring along my marriage cert.
Don worry, they did a very good job in answering my questions.
Don't think of the pain, think of BFP ;) that helps me.

hi celiam, i m currently going for my acupuncture twice a week. start acupuncture since dec. i never take e tcm med coz prof wong do not encourage to take tcm med when we start e jab. he said we did not know e content inside e tcm med n dunno will cause any side effect to our body when take e jab n tcm med at e same time. better to listen to prof since i dun like to drink those yucky med from my tcm doc.
i started my suprefact yesterday. so far do u hav any side effect from e jab? tink my af might be late cos i hav not ovulate yet.

hi mrs ha, thanks for e advise. CHR did provided coolerbag n ice pack for e jab. is e adoption process veri tedious n complicated? the old people believe if the couple adopt a child, they might b able to conceive naturally. tats e old tales i heard from my mum.

Dear serene

Pls don't worry about adoption. pls concentrate on IVF. u need to stay focused & relaxed. no amount of meds can help u make the process positive if u r not going to be focused & relaxed
happy.gif

I was just like u when i went thro' my CHR visits. all the time i was more tensed about the jabs & the process & reading too much on the net about flopped IVF & as a result, i'm in the group of flopped IVF ladies
sad.gif

So, pls don't think of adopting at this moment. please....

Serene-I also very in dilemma whether to take the TCM med or not. I would discuss with my TCM Dr. Becos he said can take the med till before ER.
mrs_ha-so kind of U, still coming in to support us.
Hope like what Serene say, once U adopted, then U able to conceive naturally.

celiaM-regarding the protected sex, Prof was saying that don't need any protected sex, the med is safe wor. He said if got pregnant is better, then donlt need IVF le..........

Hi Ladies,
I've decided to go ahead and have acupuncture but was told to start when I start stimming. Hopefully that will be next week. My AF was in fact not delayed as I had expected. DR injectiosn haven't been too bad - lots of headaches though! Waiting to see what my baseline scan will show.

Serene - I think Prof Wong's advice about TCM is wise. Without knowing what's in them it's hard to know if it will affect the injections.

Bluenoesebear - thanks for info on protective sex, wish i had tried naturally in that case. Oh well...

Mrs Ha - thanks so much for sharing your story with us and for being so supportive. I wish you all the best with the adoption process.

CeliaM-U are the 1st, then Serene then is my turn wor. But I think my 2ww qould be like overlapping with Serene's.
Hope everything goes well & we are would have baby bunnies.

Hi ladies,

For people wanting to go for tcm... there's a mixed view point. Some doctors are FOR consuming tcm meds & for IVF meds, while some are NOT. I heard that sgh provides for its ivf clients acupuncture facility also. But, if u know of someone who's successful in getting preg after consuming both kinds of medic then, u can follow them. But, if the scan result & the blood test result after ur suprefact 14day jab, show a different result u will end up paying more for Nuh meds & also for tcm meds.
All the best ladies
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

just thought I'd share my experience at NUH IVF with you.
I did my fresh cycle with Prof in April 2010 and also did accupuncture at EYS (paragon) and took the chinese meds. Was unsuccessful, but had 4 embryos frozen.
2 months later, did the frozen cycle with 3 embryo (one did not make it), also did accupuncture, this time with Raffles TCM and did not take any chinese meds. Was successful! Will be giving birth to a boy in March 2011.

Just wanted to encourage all the mummies to be doing IVF at NUH, and bunny baby dust to all!

bluenosebear, yup, HL start from ER till bhcg.

Hi msmummy, congrats to u : ) Glad to hear successful stories from NUH. Can I check wif u ur emmbies are frozen at wat stage? Coz heard tat NUH only freeze D5 embbies. I afraid majority of emmbies might survive till blastocyst stage leh. Can request them to freeze at D3?

Hi Serene,

Tks! : )

My embryos were frozen at day 5. Was not given any choice, but I guess you can ask. I was lucky I guess, cos I only had 4 and all survived till blastocyst stage for freezing.

Seren & msmummy now yr made me worry that don't know my emmbies able to survive till day 5 to freeze le ;(
Serene-Would U be attending the IVF talk on this Sat (12/2)?
Maybe they would mention r/g the forzen emmbies.

@msmummy

Congrats
happy.gif
!!!!!!!!

@serene
Both my IVF cycles were fresh ones. i had 4 babies in each & they dint survive after day 4. i think the reason why NUH does the freezing on d5 would be that u might be paying $ per frozen embryo & if the embroys are frozen earlier, they might not survive for thawing on a later date.

@bluenosebear
please dont worry. too much of info & too much thought about ur cycle will affect the outcome. so pls relax...

Hi all,

Sorry for the being absent. Doing well with Gonal-F. How are you all doing?
Mrs. Mummy so nice to hear your encouraging story. Were the embies that were put back in during the fresh cycle also day 5 embies?
Think they do freeze day3 embies too. Worth asking about.
Hope everyone is well.

CeliaM-Great that U are ok with Gonal F.
I would be going to NUH for BT & scan to decide able to go stimulation stage.
Hope everything goes smoothly.
So agar when would be yr ER??
Anyway after the IVF talk on last Sat, I have a beteter understanding of the whole procedure.

hi ladies, just to update my condition.

After my 2ww of suprefact, went for the baseline scan n bloodtest. Prof discovered cysts on both my left and right ovaries. Cysts developed due to the suprefact jab. My E2 level is veri high 14000. Cant believe tat. I haven start the gonalF leh. Think my body hormones went crazy after taking suprefact. Anyway i stopped the jab and 3 days later, my af came. Yesterday went for scan again. Cysts still there therefore need to abandon tis cycle. Prof said to wait for March af and scan. if cysts disappear, will proceed to short protocol. If cysts still there, he will put me on birth control pill to get rid of the cysts. Now is the waiting game again. Praying hard my cysts will disappear by March af and my body will react well wif gonalF and Cetrotide (short protocol).

Serene

Pls don't worry. I'll pray for ur March cycle. Everything is gonna be fine & soon..u r gonna msg this forum about u getting preg't soon
happy.gif

hi blue, all the best to ur stim, er, good grade of embbies, et and bfp!!!

hi mrs_ha, thanks for the encouragement. i m praying for the best too. Now taking tcm med to make my cysts go away.

Thanks, buddy.
Now abit of mix feeling le. Like so fast, but back of mind thinking wan to choing & finish it, so in dilemma...............
Now abit worry, don know the Gonal F would be pain or not, sign.............

dun worry too much. u can do it : ) numb the jab area wif ice 1st. then u wont feel the pain.
We are all here to support u.

Ok, I try the method of punching the tummy very hard 1st, if not will numb with ice.
Just now feel like down with flu, so scare le. Limbs are cold kind, then I quickly drink alot of warm water, felt much better.
Cant afford to fall sick le.

I just jab Gonal f, actually not so bad. I think I scare myself when I see the needle initially.
Not so stinging pain compare to Suprefact le. Actually the needle feels finer & smoother to jab

hi blue, so gonalf is nicer to jab than suprefact? when r u seeing prof to do the us and E2 again?

hi CeilaM, hav u done ur er and et already? All the best to u. Remember to up ur protein intake to prevent ohss. Hope to hear from u soon : )

Serene-Yap, but think I had hit the vein, so got abit bleeding, but otherwise feel ok.
I also scare OHSS, so going to up immunocal to twice a day if I K. hehe
Going to see Prof this Sat. They have difficulty getting my blood last round, so hope the expert pple are around, so my hands won't suffer with blue black lor.

Hi mrs_ha, I be seeing Prof tomorrow for scan & BT, now is 5th day of Gonal F. Started to feel bloated liao.
Last Sat, scan showed right 5 & left 4 follicles, Prof did not mention the size.
Another worry now is my hubby sperm, SA showed poor morphology, need to freeze the sperm, incase actual day has the same result.

Prof doesn't usually mention about the size to us. that's a good sign
happy.gif

don't worry about SA.they freeze it for all the IVF couples...

all the best for scan & BT
happy.gif

Done scan & BT. Right 6 follicles, think biggest is 10mm, left 7 follicles, 8 mm.
Now is 7 day of stimulation. He mention ET 10 mm, don't know wat it mean?? Is the lining??

hi blue, u hav been progressing veri well. good for u. think by early next week, u can proceed wif er and et. All the best to u : )

Thanks Serene. Today after the BT, they up my Gonal f dosage, seeing them on Fri, likely ER on Mon or Tues.
Really excited.
When U going for yr scan?

Prof wanted me to see him on my March af. If us check no cysts will proceed to short protocol. But if cysts still there, will need to take bcp to make the cysts disappear.

I m thinking of going to my gynae around my ovulation period to let him do a us for me. I can check if the cysts are still there and at the same time check whether i hav mature follicle. At least i will know whether i can proceed to short protocol earlier rather than wait till my march af. If i hav mature follicle, i can also try naturally for tis cycle ; ) Really hate the waiting game.

Hi All,
Serene - sorry to hear about your cysts. I hope these settle down quickly and that you can start a new cycle with different protocol soon. Did they explain why these cysts developed?
Blue - Sounds like you are doing well with stimms and you should be ready for ER next week.

I am well. Had ER and ET last week and am on my 2WW. Sadly no embryos to be frozen as none made it to blastocyst. Upset about that, but hopefully I will get a positive result and won't need them.

Pain after ER was bad, but settled after a few days. Took it really easy and am still taking it slow.
Just have to try and stay positive now and hope treatment has worked.
Wishing you both all the best.

Hi ladies

@celiaM - congrats!!! on ur ET. Pls be the best lazy bum lady possible. don;t move out of ur bed, except for toilet visits...how many fertilised..how many did u opt to take on board with u? don't worry about the not so 'motivated' ones...i'm sure u r travelling with the best on board right now
happy.gif

@serene - pls don't lose heart. pls take care of ur health. if u r going to be on short protocol, u need a lot of energy & stamina to take those jabs..morning & evening
sad.gif
some are painful than the gonal f
sad.gif
. so pls don't think of what had happened. be +ve, we'll hear good news from you.
happy.gif

Back