is it consider child abuse?

leelyfong

My 5 years old son came back from his childcare and tell me that his teacher had punished him because he is talking in class. I checked with him, how the teacher going to punish him. He told me, the Chinese teacher (from china) just use her hands to hang up my son head without any support! My son told me..is very pain. I felt shock when my son told me this and double check with him..how the teacher did it to him. He showed me that, the teacher used her two hands pressing on my son face and just hang up my son head to very high without any support..until he said pain only let him down! My son show me, how the teacher dId on him! I just wonder how come the teacher so brainless to do this action for a 5 yrs old kid? She don't know this action ll be so dangerous might cause the kid neck vertebra broken or hurt?? Is this call child abuse? My son said, another 3 kids there had same purnishment like him also. I asked my son, did you cry because of pain..He told me..he is not dare to cry..because if cry ll get more purnish. I felt so hurt pain when listen that! Should I go to that childcare find the teacher to ask about this matter? I am abit worry if I make complaint, they ll do bad for my son more in future..If i dont do anythings, it might be hurt my son in a day. I m agreed kids.sometimes ll be naughty and be purnish..but, this prunishment is it suitable using for a kid!? I feel it is dangerous action..don't have any other good way go to purnish them except this? I just wondering... Mummy..what is yours advise. .

Last edited:

perhaps you should speak to the teacher first to get the whole idea. sometimes kids tend to be dramatic... if you just head to the principal, and even what your son said may not be the full fledged story, the teacher may lose her job.

then again if you cannot accept the way china teachers discipline (coz their way definitely is different from SG), you should consider changing childcare centre

Last edited:
Have you brought your kid for a medical examination? Good to have a record of the examination results at hand if it is that bad..

Actually I ll talk with my son everyday when he back from childcare. .like what you learnt in school..what teacher had teach you..or do you naughty in school..He ll tell me and share with me. So, I can sure..my son won't cheat on me of that. I havent send him go for medical check coz not really hurt of his neck. Just the teacher this kind of action might cause the kid neck vertebra broken. Because without any support just direct push his head up. If I do the same way to the teacher. Think she might feel pain also.

Last edited:
You should definitely talk to the teacher and principal. You can even said, "Wah, my boy told me a story so dramatic last night, it almost made me file a police report!!" Then you explain what your son had conveyed to you, and ask the teacher to tell her version. If it is not entirely as your son had put it, the teacher would appreciate a chance to tell her story. If it is really the truth, the teacher would know and understand the seriousness of such behavior.

In the meantime, all are innocent until proven guilty.

A few years ago, there was also a child abuse incident at one of the well known childcare centres. The teacher was eventually dismissed bcos the CCTV footage showed her abusive actions. I suggest bringing it to the attention of the P and get them to review the footage.

We went to there this morning and wanna meet up with the principle. But she is not around today. My son form teacher like so nervous and come check with us..is it any serious case.. but we didn't mention any. We need talk with principle directly ll be better. Just worried they might going to ask from my son what happened. ..anyway, we make an appointment with the principal ll meet her on this coming Saturday. I think we should bring it up and let the principal go to check out this matter. I think this is serious..and don't want any kids ll get hurt on this.

Hi Leelyfong,

You should try asking your son classmate and parents which you mention being punished, if verify its going to a big case.

Hope u can find some answer.. Case of abuse cannot take lightly, furthermore the child is still young to go thru such trauma..

That does sound serious... I think nowadays we tend to be more protective of our children but it is sometimes legitimate to make complaints if they harm our children. Do not blast the case out of proportion. You should try talking to the teacher first, get her response and if it seems like she's at fault, make a point to meet the principal to discuss the matter. Posting it online will only make things worse, in my opinion.

Back