Help!! endometriosis laparoscopy

Hi all, I really appreciate anyone can help me!! Does anyone experience endometriosis laparoscopy? Can share more details with me? My doctor suspect I have 2nd stage of endometriosis and he suggest me to go for laparoscopy. I'm scared and worried!! Hope anyone can help me!! I really appreciate it.

Hi Jasmine, I had quite a bad case of endometriosis 6 years ago and went for laparoscopy at NUH under Dr Fong. It was quite a straightforward procedure - about 2 hours in surgery and I spent the night in the observation ward. Once they made sure that all was well the next day, I was discharged. For the first few days, I felt quite crampy and had some pain from bloating (as they put gas inside you to inflate the area during surgery) but after a week, it was almost back to normal.

I did feel tired more easily than usual for 2 weeks after surgery and was given a total of 3 weeks hospitalization leave to rest at home. After that, I recovered well and had no more issues. I hope this helps ease your worries a little and let me know if you need any other information. Take care!

Hi Fujimaru,

Thank you for your information. I'm really appreciate for your help!!

Do you remember how much it cost for endometriosis laparoscopy?

And may I know did you successfully conceived after endometriosis laparoscopy?

Hmm sorry I don't remember exactly but it was a few thousand dollars. I managed to claim a large part from my medical insurance and also medisave, so in the end only paid a few hundred dollars.

As for conceiving - because I have tendency for endometriosis and polyps, and also due to some complications on hubby's side, it's a little hard to conceive naturally. I just started my first IVF cycle yesterday so am hoping for the best!

Hi Babe.. I jus had my 2nd Endometriosis Ops with Dr Fong Yang. My first was with Dr Christopher Chong during last yr..

Dr Fong Yang told me that I can't get preggy naturally anymore onli IVF is my chance. Hope that ur case nt as serious as me.. but dun worry abt the ops.. u might be nervous while waiting onli.. after that u jus have to cope with e pain.. I can't tel u when is it v painful as it is based on personal feel. To me.. I still can cope with the pain without med.. so ya.. dun worry k! jia you!

Omg. I just book appt to do the keyhole surgery. After removing the cyst, are the chances of conceiving higher?

it depend on ur body condition.. my return within a few month after last ops..I had my 1st ops on Oct 2015.. I jus had again on 14 dec ..

It will cause infertility? My tcm was saying no point to recover since it will come back again and remove doesnt mean the chances of conceive is higher

if don't remove it might affect ur fertility.. well it depend on ur thinking too.. I stopped seeing TCM after being advised by 2 gynae.. Chinese Tonic esp Dang Gui might cause the cyst to grow..

I did laparoscopy in Jun 2016 under dr sf loh as I want to improve fertility. In nov recently I did IVF as I didn't wanna wait too long since cyst may reoccur. I read that each laparoscopy to remove the cyst at ovary will diminish egg reserves but dr loh says not true. Praying hard. Eat healthy. Keep away from diary products and too herbal stuff.

I did laparoscopy in Jun 2016 under dr sf loh as I want to improve fertility. In nov recently I did IVF as I didn't wanna wait too long since cyst may reoccur. I read that each laparoscopy to remove the cyst at ovary will diminish egg reserves but dr loh says not true. Praying hard. Eat healthy. Keep away from diary products and too herbal stuff.
Hi Babe.. Dr Loh did IVF for u? is it ex?

Did dr loh say after removing the cyst will help in fertility?

Did dr loh say after removing the cyst will help in fertility?

Ya but he was pretty neutral. Gave me both side of stories where there are people who did or did not do and get pregnant. There could be miscarriage with the cyst around.

Hi all, I really appreciate anyone can help me!! Does anyone experience endometriosis laparoscopy? Can share more details with me? My doctor suspect I have 2nd stage of endometriosis and he suggest me to go for laparoscopy. I'm scared and worried!! Hope anyone can help me!! I really appreciate it.

Hi Jasmine,

I had endo and went through laparoscopy. You are definitely put under GA and I was discharged within 2 days. However the recuperation will take longer as the healing is from your internal. I didn't know I had endo until I come to a point where my period cramp was so unbearable and I went to check and my endo was at my Fallopian tube. I wish you all the best. I'm happy to share my experience because it is very common now and more women need to know about it.

Hi Jasmine,

I had endo and went through laparoscopy. You are definitely put under GA and I was discharged within 2 days. However the recuperation will take longer as the healing is from your internal. I didn't know I had endo until I come to a point where my period cramp was so unbearable and I went to check and my endo was at my Fallopian tube. I wish you all the best. I'm happy to share my experience because it is very common now and more women need to know about it.

How long it takes to recover?

I'm not too sure. May I ask a personal qns. After laparoscopy, experience pain during sex? Becoz I see some review they said will pain.

I haven try making love ever since the surgery on tuesday.don think i will try till i fully recover. Still feeling sore and pain when i walk for too long or stand for too long.

Last edited:
hihi, just wanted to share my exp. i did lap surgery in april 2016 under Dr Loh as well. surgery took about 30-45mins only.... it was the waiting time that was much longer as Dr Loh had like 10 surgeries lined up for the day. Surgery was done via GA... Think the nurses woke me up within 10mins after surgery? the pain felt like menses cramp and bearable, but i cried cos i felt very cold and lost LOL. total of 3 incisions made - 1 in belly button, 2 on both sides of pelvic. Dr Loh removed 1 endometriotic cyst, 1 ovarian cyst and burnt off some polyps. total cost about $12K, some parts claimable via medical insurance. Surgery was done at TMC. the external wounds recovered in about 2 weeks' time....only about 1 to 1.5cm scars.

Reason why I underwent this surgery was cos of super painful menses for so many years of my life... i went for routine body checkup and my CA125 blood test turned out to be quite bad... and dr loh said it might affect fertility though there are still people who managed to conceive despite having endometriosis. so i thought better just do the surgery before it's too late. moral of story is.... it's important to do regular detailed health check up. anyway, i conceived naturally 3 months later... in july 2016 :) :) still seeing dr loh as my gynae as i have full trust in him.

hihi, just wanted to share my exp. i did lap surgery in april 2016 under Dr Loh as well. surgery took about 30-45mins only.... it was the waiting time that was much longer as Dr Loh had like 10 surgeries lined up for the day. Surgery was done via GA... Think the nurses woke me up within 10mins after surgery? the pain felt like menses cramp and bearable, but i cried cos i felt very cold and lost LOL. total of 3 incisions made - 1 in belly button, 2 on both sides of pelvic. Dr Loh removed 1 endometriotic cyst, 1 ovarian cyst and burnt off some polyps. total cost about $12K, some parts claimable via medical insurance. Surgery was done at TMC. the external wounds recovered in about 2 weeks' time....only about 1 to 1.5cm scars.

Reason why I underwent this surgery was cos of super painful menses for so many years of my life... i went for routine body checkup and my CA125 blood test turned out to be quite bad... and dr loh said it might affect fertility though there are still people who managed to conceive despite having endometriosis. so i thought better just do the surgery before it's too late. moral of story is.... it's important to do regular detailed health check up. anyway, i conceived naturally 3 months later... in july 2016 :) :) still seeing dr loh as my gynae as i have full trust in him.

Hi! How long you rest before you bd again? Can we try like the next month after the surgery? Or have to wait till fully recover?

Hi! How long you rest before you bd again? Can we try like the next month after the surgery? Or have to wait till fully recover?
hello! i remember at my first follow up visit after surgery (6 days after surgery), Dr Loh mentioned that I could start bd again. I googled and read that generally, it is advised that you should refrain from sex in the first 3 to 5 days after surgery, until your gynae says its ok. so i guess it depends on individual's recovery as well. for me, i wasnt really in a hurry.. so i tried about 1 month after surgery.

Back