Dr Suresh Nair from Mt E

Rainbow, I am used to taking bitter chinese medicine so to me it is the same - all chinese medicine. I don't have to brew every day just on days specify by him. He gave me medicine to brew 2 days (3 days apart) for myself and 3 packets to brew for my hubby. He didn't say when I should go back and see him though.

hi gals.... hmmm.....i'm thinking of seeing the MP sinseh too. didi, you've been to see him? how much is the cosultation and medicine? how many day's medicine did he give you? that was your first time i suppose?

I'm going to take a long break, and build up my body b4 doing round 2. no point rushing and getting the same lousy results again :-( probably will start my round 2 in june/july.

MSH, the consultation and medicine costs me S$50 plus. He gave me two days medicine, yes it is my first time seeing him.

MSH, did you see Dr Nair already ? as thought he will tell you why your IVF failed ?

i saw dr nair yesterday too.... although i had 10 eggst o fertilise, only 3 were usable.... the rest were discarded,... so basically there seems to be a problem there, either the eggs or sperm not healthy... one way to determine is to do cross fertilisation, fertilise my eggs with donar sperm or his sperm with donar eggs... but i think we don't want to try that.

Huh got such things ? Actually this is the first time, I have heard about it, think it might costs more $$$. Never mind, maybe you can try on your own.

Sometimes, I felt that the road to motherhood is tough
sad.gif

ya it's really v tough...just went to visit my friend who just gave birth to bb girl yesterday...so adorable...don't know when will be my turn to carry my bb....

didi - u back from japan??

rainbow, yes... I am back from japan already. How's your CNY, let's hope next year we can collect angpaos
happy.gif
You went back to work already ? Do you know think I don't have the courage to visit/ see anyone that has just delivered, afraid that I might feel sad for myself, too emotional lor.....

didi...my CNY ok...didn't go alot of visiting...only visit close relatives...hoping to avoid irritating question on when i am going to hv bb....

I also do not like to visit pple that has just delivered now...but recently all my good frens jus delivered...so no choice..must go...but i start to feel that once these good frens become mother...i hv less topics to share with them..hence, less communciation also...and i think if i don't call them, they will also not hv time to call me...and my close friends is getting lesser and lesser...sometimes just feel so sad why it happens to me like that...but guess it's all in god's hand and the only way is continue to HOPE & BELIEVE we can be a MUM one day. I told myself i will continue to try...if have have, don't have also can't do much...but if don't have hor...really don't wish to live so long....cos getting more bored.

rainbow, me and my hubby have discuss the possibility of adopting a baby at times too. Intially, I don't like the idea but I really want to be a mummy and have a child to love very very much
sad.gif
Are you busy with your work nowaday ? Maybe we can meet-up, this time with MSH ?

hi gals, be positive... anyway, i shared with hubby, what rainbow wrote... he was shocked and asked me if i have the same thoughts too.... double shock for him when i said yes. hahaha... men just don't understand how we feel huh? yes i'd like to meet up. some days i need to stay in school till 5 or 6pm, but others i try to leave by 4.... u gals decide a comfortable time and date... i'd try to accomodate.

I haven't thought about death yet, I just felt that life is quite meaningless without baby
sad.gif
don't have momentum to work hard.

ladies i am free to meet up on 27th feb that week...let me know if you gals can make it...

didi - feel like seeing the MP sinshe...cos my EYS medicine finishing and don't feel like going back there cos v expensive...

msh - sorry to write sth that give your hubby a shock...anyway let's all try to be positive and HOPE we can be successful in our mission. Will u be seeing Dr Nair again? And did u try MP sinseh?

rainbow. it's no harm trying all possibilities ? but I have heard that EYS is rather good too from my friends.

27 feb - for me it ok to meet-up

msh - just to keep u posted...i've gone to see mp sinseh today and he said my womb is weak..same diagnosis as didi...he asked me to see him again during the next cycle..

let us know if u r seeing him and if the diagnosis is the same.

ok, i'd try to go see him next week. can sms me his addresss if any of u happen to see this post? thanks

see u gals on 27th.

gals, very sorry, last min got to attend mtg on 27th...is it ok if we meet during 7-10th Mar that week...cos i will be on leave...

msh - the addr is Blk 81..ban choon chan...he does the consultation openly in the medical hall...just go in and sit on the chair near to a table..

Hi Gals, can't confirmed on meeting betweeb 7 - 10 march 2006, as might need to accompany hubby on his biz trip. Will confirm nearer to date.

Hi gals, I am really upset these few days, and just wanted share what happened. I went to attend a wake for one of my relative who passed away, and needless to say, meet-up with all my cousins, and all of them have children EXCEPT me, do you know how I feel ? so ....so sad and only you gals can understand how I felt. So I told myself that I must be positive ........

ya didi be positive so that at least half the battle is won. If we don't hv fighting spirit, i think we will definitely lose the game.

Let's try to encourage one another. U hv sisters like us here to support u.

Thanks rainbow, I am really really afraid at times. As my parents are getting old and I being my dad's favourite gal think he wants to see my child before anything happen to him (Touch wood !) Guess there's nothing we can do....., good thing that now I have two more sisters
happy.gif
(as I come from a small family that I have only 1 elder sister).

don't be sad didi, be positive, we'd have our baby in our arms soon...

I went to a TCM in Bukit Mareh, recommended by my sis, told him i have a fibroid and planning to remove, and he advised me to come back after I remove. he said no point taking the herbs now and consoled me not to worry , that he had helped alot of couples get pregnant last year. so i'd not be going to the mp sinseh for a while... till my surgery over... .it's supposed to be in mid Mar, but my AF still not here.... its already my day 38!!! Rainbow, is this late AF normal? I'm waiting waiting everyday for it to show face but till now no sign at all.

which doc are you going to get your fibroid removed ? the TCM in Bt Merah, is he good ? how are his charges ? so desperate ......

the BM tcm looks good but i don't really like it there, cos his room is open door one, then those busy body uncles and auties stay in his room after their turn and kaypo kaypo one. i actually have to ask them to leave the room b4 i start..... can't stand it lor.... but heard from my sis he good.... she got preggie after seeing him 3 months, that's why ask me to go.... but i think i don't ahve such luck cos of my stupid fibroid :p

i'm seeing sf loh. can't afford dr nair anymore. so sad hor,.... no money to see dr also... how to have baby.... sigh....

No lah, me also thought of changing doc, when you see Dr loh, you need to bring any medical reports ? from Dr Nair. I wonder will there be any problems if I change doc instead. Btw, removing of fibroids (isn't that covered by your company's medical benefits ?). How's dr loh, is he as nice as Dr Nair ?

I wrote a summary myself esp for the ivf treatment. and showed him whatever test results i have like the hysteroscopy. dr nair didn't offer to write report even thou i told him i'm going to see dr loh, so i didn't want to open my mouth to ask. hehehe.... i very proud one.

i think u just need to summarise any tests u and hb did, and show him the results if he asks for it. u can explain your last treatment in a bit more detail.

I don't think there is any problem changing doc. he's nice and best part is he responds to email. and he has nite clinics. i think its normal to change docs.... after all we are customer and sometimes not that the dr is no good, but rather, its the chemistry and assurance we get from the dr.

ok, so you are seeing Dr SF Loh ? did you request for him, what are the charges like ?
Sorry, which days are his nite clinic ? think will see him after my womb is 'bu' already
happy.gif

MSH, did you email before seeing him as I might have some questions to ask prior to seeing him, and don't know if he will reply ......

huh...both of you are changing docs? so this topic will die off...i think i will continue to see dr nair for one last time, else will also need to switch to kk...but i don't like kk cos understand it will not be so personalised. U will hv different nurses doing the scan etc.

MSH - fibroid removal is not by lapro right? My colleague is also going for a surgery to remove 2 fibroids and the gynae told her it's like a caesarean.

rainow, me not confirmed changing yet
happy.gif
actually for me, I don't mind about having different nurses so long as the doctor is the same lor.....

Ya, fibroid removal is like c-section as my sis has undergone it.

didi - did u make appt with KK?
with so many success stories under sf loh, am really thinking if i shd switch too to save $$$$.

Hi ladies,

I am a patient of Dr Nair since 2002. Tried timing of ovulation, IUI, HSG, Brain scan due to high prolactin etc....After 2 yrs of trying and 1 miscarriage, finally managed to conceive naturally. Though I did not conceive thru the prior assisted methods, I am forever grateful to Dr Nair for his encouragement and personal touch. Though often he may not be bearer of good news (always telling me about his concern for my introverted womb, unhealthy eggs etc), but isn't this a manisfestation of a careful and responsible Dr who will try at all means to find the root cause for patients? At the last stage of my pregnancy, bb heartbeat indicates some problem and if not for his insistence in admitting me for round the clock monitering, I may not give birth to a chubby and healthy boy (later was found that his umbilical cord was coiled 3 times round his neck). And when I was warded for a week due to bb's jaundice, he still visits me everyday without incurring extra charges! I am really touched by his act of kindness! There are many skillful doctors whose charges are exorbitant but certainly not many who also possess a human touch.

Hi mykono, I have no doubts that Dr Nair is nice and very personal and alway very encouraging, if I ever change doctor is not for other reasons except for the costs as I have spent close to 20 - 25K on the treatments.

didi,

can really empathise wif u. I spend close to 10k too! And before I got preggy...really envy those who did. But dun lose heart...if i can get preggy, u can too! I do see chinese sinseh too regulate my menses (have PCOS), Dr Nair even wrote a congrulation note to the sinseh when I got preggy.

Mykono, may I know which chinese sinseh did you consult ? as my case is cause my hubby's sperm moility and form are no good
sad.gif

didi, mine too! In fact, after the miscarriage, I was really devastated and asked Dr Nair to proceed with IVF. However in my case, he refused, saying dat I can still try ways dat r not too invasive. Seen the chinese sinseh for 9 mths before I get preggy. A mth medicine(plus hubby) cost ard $300. Plus need to brew med everyday and take BTT every morning. looking back, watever suffering is worth it. ehmm...dun think is convenient to post the sinseh contact here cos afraid of being accused of free advertisement.But share wif u sttg dat sounds superstitious but seem to work wif me & frens. A very close fren of mine bought me a metal promegranate from fengshui shop which is believed to help in fertility. And I got preggy a month after dat. Hubby bought for a fren whose wife tried IVF but failed. Can u believe it? she got preggy shortly after. A few frens too! I tried buying for my beautician, but seem out of stock now. Maybe u can try to get from any feng shui shop.

didi,

I know is hard...but be positive k! I have been thru the mental and physical turmoil(maybe not as much as u) and I can understand how u feel! Esp when da yi ma comes....its like end of the world. I am a free thinker, but will pray dat u get preggy real real soon!
happy.gif

mykono, you are so kind
happy.gif
thanks for telling me about the promegrante, didn't know that is for fertility
happy.gif

didi, dun mention! No harm trying! Muz share wif me your good news k! My fren always say I got foul mouth...cos watever I curse will come true. So wat i ever I wish will come true too! So I shall wish dat didi be blessed with a healthy bundle of joy real soon!
happy.gif

didi,

Actually u can tell Dr nair about your finanical concerns and see wat he can do. Brought my aunt who was not working for consultation, told him about her situation(he ordered for some tests) and to my sweet surprise, he actually waived off the consultation charge. Last time, when I was hospitalised for miscarriage, he even waived off the consultation charge. Cos he really sympathise with me....after going thru all the suffering, i miscarriage the day i confirm my pregnancy at his clinic. Though is just a few hundred dollars, but wat touches me is the kind gestures(I didn't even requested for it....at dat time, pay $ until numb liao).

mykono, the another reason other than the costs is that I have been seeing him for a while and I don't see any results (my huuby has sort of lose faith in him already
sad.gif
) so maybe change another doc might be better.

yah...can understand how u feel. Maybe a change will be good.So have u seen another one liao? If u want, can pm you the contact of the chinese sinseh that I consulted.

Dr Nair is also my gynae. Have been to so many other gynaes but he was the only one who made my dream came thru. Must have confidence in him. Till now, I still couldn't believe I'm a mother now.

Hi Kailin

Dr Nair is also my gynae. May I ask what treatment did he do for you? I had 1 boy through simple scanning on CD12.

Hi all, I'm seeing Dr Nair too...I was diagnosed with PCOS and my GP recommended me to see Dr Nair when Hubby and I started trying for a baby.

I am glad that after seeing him for a year, taking metformin and taking clomid and getting injections to stimulate follicle growth, I got pregnant and I'm now in my 3rd trimester.

He's a wonderful doctor and a highly experienced one at infertility. His nurses are also very good and friendly. I'd recommend anyone who is having trouble at conceiving to see him!
happy.gif

BUT be very prepared for the long waits...even if you do have an appt...the average waiting time is like 2-3 hours!

However, if you are already pregnant, then I find that its not very good to continue seeing him. He's not the type of gynae that will sit and talk with you abt pregnancy woes or tell you what to expect, and if you're a first time mum like me, his one-word-one-sentence answers will certainly drive you crazy! After waiting hours to see him, all you get is barely 5 mins with him and he will start to stand up and make his exit to see the next patient. And then it makes you wonder why you pay $80 for consultation! He just doesn't have the time..too many patients! For detailed scans and tests which normal gynaes can do, he said he can't do it so he refers his patients to other gynaes to do them.

So I don't think its worth seeing him after getting pregnant..the time and money can be saved seeing other gynaes!

Hi All, seems like this thread stop for the past 2 months plus..

Is Dr Nair really good in helping the infertility only? Is he good/recommend as a gyne once you are pregnant? Or will he recommend other gyne to us when we are pregnant whereas he focus on the infertility patients?

From the above feedback, it seems that there are not much info shared by him during consultation...

Back