DR FONG YANG at FONG CLINIC ( next to Tiong Bahru MRT )

Hey Lbt,
Thanks. I am fine. No more spotting already. I still doing things as per normal. Just that tends to be very tired and sleepy. Think is the Utrogestan that i am taking that make me tired.

Mrs Ong,
I am fine lah. I was telling lbt and pettygal that i had spotting and cramp after the IUI. So lbt is concern abt my condition lor. I very anxious to noe the result leh. Haha

Kelcqi,
I don think it will dirty the watch as Dr Fong will put on gloves wor. I am thinking whether he needs to put on mask or not. Haha

Hey mummies,
can u all leave down the date and time of ur next visiting? Thanks.

Joy, great to hear you are fine... Utrogestan will make u sleepy and that's why it's not advisable to operate any machinery during ur consumption of the tablets. Remember to take things easy and don't exert yourself too much... good if you could have a good rest...
happy.gif

No worries, u will hear the good news soon...

Dr Fong don't wear his watch during surgery... that's a criteria to note for dr.

My next appt will be 1st Apr @ 430pm...
happy.gif

Puppy,
actually i cant have a good sleep at night. I always wake up in the middle of night and cant get back to sleep. Don noe why. Plus i think my body got problem coz sometime i feel cold and sometimes very hot till my face turn red. I really wonder why. This happened only after the IUI. Is this the side effect?

Thanks, Joy, do you find Mrs Fong pretty? I will look out for the one that fits your description next time when I am there.

Kelcqi, I wonder if pretty women stand a better chance of marrying rich men?

Joy

ya maybe u too kan chiong ?

relax ok ? and if u have any pregnancy symptoms from mid next week.. msn me hor ! eheh

puppy and lbt,
i am not stressed at all leh. This time round i take it easy. Hey Lbt, i don noe anything abt pregnancy symptoms. But if test positive will msn u.

Val,
my hubby said Mrs Fong not pretty leh. Anyway, Dr Fong also not handsome mah. Haha. Hope that they didnt come and see this thread. If not, they will vomit blood. As for marrying a rich man depends on luck. Actually, marrying someone u love is good enough lah. So what marrying a rich guy. If i were to marry a rich guy, guess i will be thinking whether he has a mistress outside bo. Hahahaha

Valerie, I once read in some articles. They said rich man doesn't like to marry pretty woman, pretty woman are usually seen as play toys for them, an accessory and past time.

They'll prefer woman who knows how to manage the household and life. That's why you see those millionaires, their wives are usually also someone very capable.

My hubby was sharing a blog whereby this woman very pretty. She complaint that the guys she met, all not very wealthy enough. Finally a guy came in and comment, told her his face value, annual income of more than 400k and he's in his late 20s. He said he's not interested in marrying her but he wants to do a trade with her, ask her if she's interested to be his mistress for 6 mths. He commented that a woman's physical assets is actually a depreciating asset, while he himself is an appreciating asset cos he'll only be earning more. And he said for he himself, he wants a woman with brains, not a woman who is so shallow only dolling herself up hoping to hook onto a rich guy to enjoy for the rest of their life.

SO I think if we said Mrs FOng not very pretty, but I think she must have her own strengths to capture Dr Fong's heart.

I have an ex-colleague who always dream of marrying a rich guy. Her reason is any guy, rich or poor, will have a tendency to stray. So marry a rich guy, at least even you don't have his heart, you get to share his money. But personally, although I do think money is important, but most important is a man's character. Apart from all these husband characteristics, a guy must know how to plan for the future and hardworking enough. Cos even if this guy is from a rich background but he's lazy, end of the day he'll also be left with nothing. On the contary, a hardworking guy, although not rich, but hardworking. At least you'll know staying with a person like that, even xinku, but you know that you'll nv have to carry the burden of raising a family single handedly. Agree?

Joy & Puppy: at least u didn't get the aunty at TB. That time my DS marker results come back she proclaim thru the phone, your DS marker is 1 in 92.

End of story, never tell me what am I suppose to do or what.

I cry like mad then I called back the clinic - thankfully Mindy answered the call and then she consoled me. Then she tell me what I need to do and to arrange for the aminocentesis for me if I wanted it.

They may not be really nurses, but they def do need EQ to handle the patients ...

But unfortunately, I still keep getting that lady calling me =(

I saw the aunty at Paragon but doesn't look like the same aunty at TB. Maybe tomm I go and stare harder.

Mrs Lai, I think I know which aunty u referring @ TB, wear spec with curly hair, really auntie type one right??? If that's the one, probably u r lucky liao... she's now works as temp in dr fong's office, only @ Paragon on Monday and Friday to do paper work and calls up patients whose appointment is the next day @ Paragon... The aunty I referred earlier on is with short, straight hair...

I guess Mrs Fong got her good points that attract Dr Fong, she is very helpful and shows care and concern, she can be "jokeful", guess maybe that the + point attracted Dr Fong, that's why he's humorous most of the times too... One thing good about Mrs Fong is that she got no air lor... I've seen some Dr's wife showed air... just 'cos she's a professional wife who earns a lot... But this has never been shown by Mrs Fong... See another + point...

Joy, I had the similar symptoms as you. My feet very cold at night and I could not get back to sleep when I woke up in the middle of a night. And, I have few sleepless nights too...

hmmm... mrs fong is actually quite pretty leh ... tall, slim, fair ... but never interact with her before lor.

In the clinic, usually, Mindy or Elaine.

Puppy: the one dun have curly hair one. the TB one who called me also has short straight hair. Later I go and stare harder :p

This sat Dr Fong got talk about PCOS and some issues, but I cannot rem where - saw the flyer in his office the other day.

Mrs Lai, then in that case, we are talking about the same aunty lor... later u better use your big eyes and stare at her..

Yeh, tomorrow he got a talk, if not mistaken, the talk is @ Orchard Hotel...

Agree with puppy,
Mrs Fong has her x factors lah. Haha.

Btw, do we need to register in order to attend his talk? May i noe what time the talk start?

And who is elaine huh? i only noe there is eileen.

I only know who is Mindy and Eileen also. The rest I dunno. Sometimes I called e clinic, there's someone on the phone rather rude. But Hack lah, at least they ans what I need to know, that's enough. But a few times I called to ask, they gimme 1 ans, later Dr Fong asked me why I never come down to see him. Then I told him your nurses said ask me to monitor for the day. Then he also nv say much.

I also think Mrs Fong got her strengths and charm. She no air one. Very nice and friendly lady. And she jokes with the nurses also...

Hello everyone..

Thank God, my amnio result all cleared and I was so happy when Elaine called me on last Sat. BTW, I m expecting a bb gal, can officially close shop liao.. 1 boy 1 gal.. haha

Hi Joy
The talk starts at 130pm, and need to pay for registration fee. Maybe you can call up the Clinic to ask for more info. Just read that you did your IUI procedures on Mon, all the best and pass U loads of bb dust.
happy.gif

I personally find Mrs Fong is a very friendly and no air lady. She always follow Dr Fong to hospital and visit the family when the new born bb arrived. She did that when I just delivered my boy, and she sent her congrats to my MIL & HB who were waiting in my ward.

Sandy, Congrates! Wah, Xinfu. One boy & one gal. So envious. I don't even know I'll close shop after this one or not. My MIL told me to stop at this. But this round I dun have a baby boy, I feel bad towards hubby that I never help him Chuan Zhong Jie Dai. I scare next time the older generation will pt fingers. Then I jia liat liao.

Mrs Fong and Mr Fong will visit us when we pop one ah? So sweet... After we pop, will we see Dr Fong again or the hospital will have their own DOc to check on us and our wounds etc?

Sandy,
Thanks for ur babydust. Yeah Mrs Fong is a nice lady. I like her too. Btw, who is elaine?

Kelcqi,
Dr Fong will come and see u every morning de. Unless he is not in town. He needs to check ur stitches mah. Anyway, each of his visit needs to pay. Haha.

<font color="0000ff">Sandy</font>
Congrats Sandy! Happy for you that everything went well.

<font color="0000ff">Kelcqi</font>
See your MIL also don't mind whether if it's boy or girl. Think now the new generation is more open-minded. Even if you have a second one don't be stress over whether it's boy or girl. In fact nowadays people like girls more.

After delivery, Dr Fong will come in to check the wound in the morning and make sure everything is ok eg stitches is healing well, no excessive bleeding etc. and of course that is chargeable.

Yo gers,

Lbt, Pettygal, kelcqi and i have decided to meet for dinner 2 week later at Paragon. Anyone of u wan to join us?

<font color="0000ff">Joy07</font>
Yes, nurse will pull down pad then he see and check. The last few times I spotting I took picture and ask him if he wants to see and I told him disgusting. He said it's ok, some even bring the pad to show him. So after that whenever I have spotting I put in a ziplock bag and show him. At least, more precise than describing with own words and how to gauge the quantity of blood if I describe.

Dr Fong is really very professional. No need paisei. Joy07, can tell you are a very shy girl.

I have not received your PM. Think PM is slow sometimes. I will look out for your mail. Maybe reply you tonight. I am going out later to get some last minute things for baby.

BTW, Robinsons having private sale yesterday. Think today is open to public.

Thanks Kelcqi &amp; bbrooster

Kelcqi
I'm sure you are still young, just try for another 1 more when U r ready. Ya i agreed with bbrooster nowdays PIL are very understanding &amp; open-minded. Dont give yourself stress over the baby's gender.

Ya Dr Fong visits us every AM to check on stitches and he gives the nod for the nurse to remove the urinary bag and let us walk around.

Joy
U r most welcome. Elaine is the lady wearing spec and long-haired.

bbrooster
ya lor.. I was so worried during the amnio procedures and all I could do was just pray &amp; pray. Thank God He heard my prayers.

BTW, anyone seeing Dr Fong tmr? I m seeing him at 930am.

BBrooster, just sent the PM. Forget to sign off... Haha...

Sandy, unfortunately, my PILs are not that understanding &amp; open-minded as you thought.

Bbrooster, wah, the way you describe, very disgusting leh. Hahaha... But Dr Fong really very understanding and professional. Nothing disgusting enough to turn him off. Haha... Think he used to it liao.

Hi ladies, I've been ttc-ing since Sep last year..and I've decided to visit Dr Fong next Sat, after seeing all your positive comments about him
happy.gif
Will he be doing a scan to check if I'm healthy inside? If so, should I avoid BD-ing in the morning of the consultation? Will be embarrassing if Dr can tell...hehe

COnfirm Dr Fong doesn't know about this thread *rofl* I asked him today if he wears a bell and ross watch, he said no. Then i told him,how popular he is in this forum (8K postings and counting) and he went har ... after telling me that he doesn't wear bell &amp; ross watch cuz it's too BIG for him (he emphasise big), he asked "so what else u all gossip about?"

he's so funny!

Puppy: The aunty not there today - today super crowded - got mrs fong, mindy, one more long hair wear specs (forgot her name), one new one i never see before, short hair.

BM: what is BD-ing ah? I think he will asked things like when is your last menses and typically what is ur cycle like before he does a scan (if he does lah). He may ask ur hubby to do a sperm test also.

BM,
Dr Fong will do a scan during ur first consultation. He needs to noe ur condition. I had my first u/s during my first consultation and realised i had PCOS. As for bding in the morning, i think better not coz the sperm will flow out. U can always bd after the consultation. Haha

Mrs Lai,

U trying for #2 now. U still rem me? I pm u once on IUI procedure. Hope my IUI will be a success. U told him abt the watch thing. Haha. Think to him this is a forum full of gossips abt him. U must tell him some of us stress in ttc so must gossips abit to release stress. Haha.

thanks bunniette and joy07 for your inputs
happy.gif

btw are there any physical symptoms of PCOS? will Dr Fong prescribe clomid for all 1st time patients?

Joy: Hmmm I cannot rem honestly: If you try liao, then i wish you all the best ... I am having cramps again, so went to see him. cramps no good cuz my menses just ended 2 weeks back! and i not due to have menses till 2 weeks later!

I just emphasis to Dr Fong HOW POPULAR he is *rofl*

BM: well... if u have sudden increase in weight without any explanation, that could be 1 sympton of PCOS. However, I have another colleague, who is skinny as a rake, and she also has PCOS. So individually, they display different syndromes. If you wan to find out more, u can do a search on the internet. it is quite a common thing, so a lot of literature on the net to read up.

if u put on a lot of weight suddenly, u may be put on metformin, to control your blood sugar (i think). Clomid is to "forced" the timely release of eggs.

bm,
as for me, Dr Fong asked me to try naturally first. He wont asked u to seek treatment unneccessary. After 3 months, then i went back to see him coz i cant ovulate even with helps from TCM. From then, he will start to let me have some treatment. I took clomid and metformin. I even went for my HSG test and hubby went for his SA test.

I was introduced to go to Dr Fong Clinic for checking by a chinese TCM. Intend to go thru IVF program, did anyone know about the successful rate done by him ?

Mrs Tan, welcome to this thread!

Mrs Lai, What's Dr Fong's reaction when you told him he very popular?

My hubby told me his watch is from Bell and Rose one, Hubby cock eye, see wrongly liao. I told Hubby he see Dr Fong's watch wrongly liao. Hubby said I bo liao, gossiping abt Dr Fong here. Hmph...

Eh, then you never ask him what watch is he wearing? Keke... Next time I go ask him what kinda watch he likes. But dunno hubby will say me later or not? He doesn't like to talk nonsense to Dr Fong one. Although I told him feedback Dr Fong very "Jian tan" but hubby still never talk much to him. Dunno issit Hubby sees him as a Doc that's why refused to talk nonsense to him....

Kelcqi,

my hubby is even worse. He never talk to Dr Fong unless Dr Fong talk to him. He always like dumb dumb in the room. Haha.

Mrs Tan,
Welcome to this thread. There r 2 ladies here who strike during the first attempt on IVF. Heard from one mummies that MtA nurse said that Dr Fong has very high success rate for IVF. Btw, the chinese sinsey that u r referring is it Dr Tan Lee Kee? If yes, i was referrred to Dr Fong by her too.

Joy, my hubby also diam diam in the room one. Except Dr Fong ask him something. Sometimes I ask Dr Fong some other questions, my hubby will tell me I shouldn't hold up Dr Fong's time. *Faint*

Joy07,
I was first time there so cannot remember her name. Tis TCM is the one located at Jurong East (very popular one loh)
Btw,how long have you seen Dr Fong &amp; what was his recommendation on which procedure to do ?

Mrs Tan,
the chinese sinsey that i mentioned is from JE too. Think is Blk 202. I had not been for quite sometimes. Actually, i went to see Dr Fong last yr July to do a scan, HSG test and Hubby did a SA test. With the reports, i went back to TLK to show her and start taking her medication. After about 3-4 months with her medication, i am still unable to conceive naturally. So i told her my agony and she asked me to see Dr Fong to do IUI. I went back to see Dr FOng in mid Dec and start taking clomid. Initially, it is the trial and error period as i had PCOS and Dr Fong puts me on 100mg tab for day but still i cant ovulate. So Dr Fong increased my dosage to 150mg plus 1000mg of metformin. I can ovulate with helps of these medication but i still cant conceived naturally. So Dr Fong suggested to me to do IUI coz he is afraid that i cant conceived naturally due to hostile cervical mucus. I am glad that the chinses sinsey recommended me to see Dr Fong. He is really very patience and encouraging. He will not rush u into treatment and will always asked u to consider first. Both hubby and i r very comfortable with him. Guess we will continue to stick with him till he retired ba. Haha

Joy07
Ya that the lady sinseh . I still taking the chinese medicine to improve my health. She told us that must at least take 6 mths of her medicine to see improvement.So give it a try. For the pass few years I was with Tong Chi Medical, as only can see the sinseh on working days morning &amp; limited annual leave so no choice but to look for another sinseh which i can visit during weekend. So I try her after someone recomended me to tis JE sinseh.
BTW,is Dr Fong charges expensive ?

Mra Tan: Allo! I was recommended by the same TCM doc. I took her medication for 3 months, and with Dr Fong's help and IUI, I managed to get preggy (I have PCOS and suspected endometrisis). In fact, he was the one who asked us to consider IUI, and we are glad we did.

Kelcqi: He just smiled - I think he knows himself how popular he is :p I never asked him what watch he's wearing lah, I only see the 2 thick bands he wears on his finger.

BM: If u see Dr Fong, you're in good hands - nice, patient and dun ask u to try funny thing unnecessarily.

Mrs Tan, Dr Fong's rates are ok. I wouldn't say is cheap but I'll consider it reasonable considering the location of his clinic, all the rentals and services, I think it's quite worth it. In fact my hubby at first complaint it's expensive but after awhile with Dr Fong, he ok liao. And he even recommend Dr Fong to his friends.

Mrs Lai,
I also think Dr Fong prolly knows he's popular. Dr Fong is very nice and patient, naturally everyone will like him...

aiyo mrs lai .. u go and tell Dr FOng abt this forum ah !!! oh no ..

hehe actually he knew it 2 yrs ago from ANgel and DMY (these 2 mummies seldom come in here now..) and he knows I knew these 2 mummies,but i never mentioned much abt this forum to him.

I see TLK before also and I dont really like her. Always give the same diagnosis and her med is v ex. And I feel chinese med shld be brewed and not in tablet form, cos u wont know the contents of the tablets. My coll see the fertitily doc in TONG JI medical hall at Chin Swee and conceived after taking the chinese med for 5 mths.

<font color="0000ff">lbt</font>
Actually, I also ever ask him if he read the forum. Then he ask me is it the what what what forum. He say he don't read. But I think he knows what forum I talking about. Or maybe he will ask Mrs Fong or his assistants to read and update him daily. hahahahha......oh oh.

He tell me don't read so much sometimes this forum internet thing give you false information and the more you read the more you get scared. Cos I told him I read alot from mummy's experiences with incompetent cervix from different forums.

TLK I saw her too and she recommended me to Dr Fong. Me too don't like this lady because everyone have the same diagnosis. And she always say the man sperm got problem the lady got PCOS and recommend you to Dr Christopher Chen. She told me I very difficult to conceive etc etc.... Luckily, I didn't go because a month later I got pregnant. My hb say want to tear down her 'zhao pai' cos my 2nd pregnancy strike on 1st attempt too.

labbit: I think he knows, just pretending to be modest about his popularity I think hehehe

bbrooster: Did she recommend you to Dr Chen or to Dr Fong? I had PCOS and my hubby has sperm issues, but she still recommended us to Dr Fong, not Dr Chen. She said it was difficult for us to concieve cuz each of us have a small problem, but added together, it is a big problem. Dr Fong also wanted me to be induced and to try natural - I told him, I already so stressed up hence my ultra high BP, and you still want me to test if my cervix is going to be obedient? So he agreed for me to go for LA C-section ;P

<font color="0000ff">Mrs Lai</font>
I was first recommended to Dr Chris Chen and at the same time take the powder medicine. The second month I went back to see her again cos my medicine finished. But when she took my pulse she told me I was pregnant because she can feel two heartbeat. So she said, "now no need to go to Dr Chris Chen. You go and see this gynae Dr Fong. Make an appointment soon." But one thing I like her powdered medicine. Has some ginseng smell in it. After taking I feel myself looking better and not so lethargic.

Another thing I like about Dr Fong is he very pro natural and don't encourage C-sect. You read today's Sunday Times? More and more people are choosing C-sect and the risk is higher compared to a natural birth.

BBrooster,

My colleague also commented that Dr Fong will only perform C-section on last resort or to help the parents save money.

There were 2 of them. The other manager told me DR Fong did a C-section on his wife cos his wife had a cyst. So do a C-sec, at the same time take out the cyst. Smart hor?

2nd one who delivered on 17th told me Dr Fong very funny when she was in labour with the 1st. She induced 2 times and think the process took her more than 8 hrs and she very tired le. When she was about to give birth, she no strength to push. Cos baby 3.99kg. And guess what Dr Fong said to her? He told her, "You not going to push, I'm going to do a C-section. And you'll have to spend another at least 2-3k extra."

My colleague heard liao heartpain the money, used her might and in the end pushed the baby out. Dr Fong power rite? HAha...

Dr Fong is not the type that think of his own convenience or money and suggest you should go for a c-sect. He encourage people to try for natural birth.

I was telling him I am very scared even though this is my 2nd birth. Because once my cerclage is remove I don't know when I will pop. It could be immediate and it could be days later. I told him I feel like inducing. Then he keep telling me no, why scared no need to be scared.

Dr Fong is a very assuring doc... He'll try his best to calm you when you are nervous. As compared to my 1st gynae, he definitely takes his patient seriously and assure them in all situation. He'll try his best to save $$ for you and won't ask u to spend the unnecessary. That's why all of us are here with him...
happy.gif

Back