Dr Charles Lim Mt E

Gingerbreadger, wow! then seems like government is not there to help. I never did progestron test. Haha..another things to ask him tomorrow.

Yes, Dr.Lim tell you his plan at first visit. He actually straight to the point. Be there with your DH, he will check man also.

You may want to call Dr.Lim clinic to ask the nurses when is the best day for you to visit him. My first visit is before my menses due as i want to do all the test before next cycle. so on that day me n DH did all the blood test that Dr.Lim suggested. Of course those you've done he wont ask you to repeat.

Dr.Lim only have 3 plans. so he will tell you everything in detail.

How long have you been ttc? have you try clomid before?

ok, i will call the nurse soons, once i've got hold of my kkh reports. cause i've done i tink most of the test i presume... my hubby also check already, no prob, so tink mainly is mine.

i've been ttc-ing since March. i havent take any meds, but the dr told us our case will take a longer time than usual couple.

when i went to visit kkh, i told the dr that i've been tcc-ing for a yr, cause i realy wanted to do the test to put my mind at ease. cause i heard they dont encourage u to do the test if u tcc less than 6 months.

then the more i read about the low progesterone, the more i worry. low progestrone is one of the common causes for infertility

gingerbreadger, yeah, Dr Lim is very straightforward. At my first visit as I was just walking through his door to the seat, he looked at me and said, "You want baby right? Show me everything." I haven't even sat down lor. The door haven't even close yet.. LOL

I visited him on CD5 and he started me on clomid straightaway plus gonal F jabs. And yes, he will check your DH physically so maybe you want to prepare him beforehand.

Do you have polycystic ovaries during your scans at KKH?

Have you considered TCM to improve your progesterone? My luteal phase (post O or 2ww) used to be about 10-12 days but stablised to 14 days after taking TCM for about 3 months.

dragonhopes, I started taking Blackmores Conceive Well since last Sept. Recommended by a friend. Have you tried it? The pills are horrible and you have to take them after food if not you will feel like puking. But I realised after taking Blackmores Conceive Well, I have more EWCM which is visible after I pee-d. So might still worth a try.

Phy, you did progesterone test before? i really wonder what's that le. i took blackmores after my IUI. I already bought 2 boxes to spare, now got 20% discount more worth it. It is not only for ttc, i guess it is good for our health also.

gingerbreadger, you only tried for 3 months only. Take it easy dear! i guess you are quite young so no worry ok!

Any way the doctor suggest to increase progesterone level? indeed, maybe TCM will help.

phy> i scaned leow... ok.. noting wrong.

dragon> yeah this is my 5th cycle trying. hais.. but kanjiong la.. haha i'm 28 this yr. my hubs is 34. we are very open to iui/ivf.. so if we want to do ivf, we want to do it young aso. preferbly before 30, cause the success rate is higher also..

the dr only say will have to take drugs.. but dint say which one.

i'm also seeing tcm ban choon chan at marine parade. he also diagnose me with low progestrone before i told him my medical results

gingerbreadger, start younger is a correct mindset
happy.gif

you are so young, somemore 5th cycle only. im 29 this year and DH is 38. Your DH so young, i am sure you will strike soon
happy.gif

then TCM can help to increase progestrone?

still trying.. also my 5th cycle seeing tcm.. the blood test i took was last month.. so i tink so far no use yet.. cause the result was oni 1 for the blood test.

will dr lim like reject me if he noes tat i jus started tcc-ing ah?

Hi gingerbreadger, no ;) dr lim won't reject you.

Hmm..Then I think I may have low progestrone..i don't think my high bbt ever went beyond 12 days.

Dragonhopes.. All the best for the Hsg.. ;)

I'm at dr.lim clinic now.I arrived at 8.05am. Guess what, I am already 3rd patient. Now all patients are getting earlier and earlier. So nervous! Even more kan chiong than doing IUi

Dragonhopes, hope the hsg went well for you! I think the progesterone blood test is done on CD21. I have done it under another Gynae before. Gynae said it's ok but TCM said it's slightly low. I think it's the ratio of the FSH and LH?

Bambini, what is your usual number of days past ovulation?

Gingerbreadger, you very cute lei. Hehe. I also don't think Dr Lim will reject you at all. If progesterone is really an issue I think he will address it for you. Don't worry yeah. See him first and see what he says.

My excolleague also went to the TCM at marine parade and I heard that the TCM can tell the quality of sperms just by taking the hubby's pulse wor..

Phy,Mind to share your days of BD or the interval of BD?

Just did HSG now waiting for the report then go back to see Dr.Lim. The x-ray doctor said that everything looks ok. (thanks god!)
happy.gif

Dragonhopes, how did you find the procedure? Well done! One test done!

Ok I rem seeing Dr Lim on CD11. Got three eggs measuring about 15-16mm. We were already BD-ing on alternate days after menses ended. Here's a recap

Cd11 - see Dr Lim. Neg opk
Cd12 - ewcm in the morning. Neg opk (test line not dark enough to be positive) BD twice - morning and night.
Cd13 - no more ewcm. Neg opk
Cd14 - Neg opk. BD
Cd15 - bbt was 36.7
Cd16 - BD

We BD on alternate days using preseed everytime.

When can you start BD after hsg?

Once I got higher bbt and sorta started the 2ww, I started taking chicken essence and longan red date tea (LRD) on alternate days. Some girls swear by LRD tea in the ttc thread. I'll boil it after work. Big boil for five mins then bring to small fire and simmer till it becomes one cup.

It is said to warm the womb. Try seedless red dates so it's less heaty.

Phy,got a little bit cramp till now and spotting. Overall is ok. We have to stop 3 days so can only start on cd11. Dr.lim said my tube is ok, not block
happy.gif

This cycle only have 2 eggs at left side but bigger size at 12 &8mm on CD8. We going to try it on our own this cycle and no need go back to check again.

Wow, so many things to eat n take ya! So you took chicken essence in the morning then LRD at night? What's the proportion of red date & Logan? How many cups of water boil to one cup?

Sorry, so many things to ask
happy.gif

Dragonhopes, you took clomid this cycle?

Aiya don't worry abt asking! I'm not a pro myself too but just that been trying almost everything, hoping to make it happen. Like you said good things must share!

The LRD tea and chicken essence is on alternate days ie one day LRD tea, the next day chicken essence. I take the normal chicken essence while my hubby takes the one with cordyceps (冬虫草). My TCM ever mentioned that cordyceps is good for men. Try buying the chicken essence from provision shop if you can. It's cheaper. Or you can try making your own chicken essence which I haven't try yet. http://neckredrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/07/homemade-pure-essence-of-chicken.html

I usually take chicken essence in the morning before work. I would boil a bowl of water and put the essence bottle in it to warm it. Or you can just microwave it warm before you take it.

Then the next day, I will boil LRD tea after work. Depending on how big the dates are, if small, I'll use 5-6 dates and 5-6 dried longan. Will also put in a handful (like a pinch) of wolfberries. Hmm maybe you can try 2 cups to start boiling first? I usually just estimate from my pot and trial and error from there. My cup size is like a tall glass size, slightly bigger than a Mac regular size drink. Rem to drink it warm.

Some girls may not have the time to boil LRD tea so what they do is to put all ingredients into a water tumbler and pour hot water in it, cover and wait for a while before drinking it. They also drink at work.

Do you know if you have a heaty body? I do so I take LRD tea on alternate days. Some girls drink LRD tea everyday. If you start getting sore throat etc, maybe you can space out the LRD tea. I started trying this combi two months ago. The first month, I experience very little cramps when my AF came so I guess it helps in warming the womb.

Actually I don't even know if I will do fine as I don't feel anything till now except for tender breasts on off. Dr Lim can't find anything on the scan too when I last saw him. But will keep my spirits high
happy.gif
I'm still on the journey with you girls
happy.gif

Must mentally prepare yourself well yeah as after the dreadful 2ww, still have another doubtful 2ww to begin. Let's Jiayou together!

Hey Phy, Thanks for sharing
happy.gif
you really a good mate to me
happy.gif
home-made chicken essense too troublesome, guess will just buy it from provision shop.

I guess i have heaty body, will watch it out
happy.gif
actually i took "bai feng wan" since young, just that this few month got too many things to take and drink.

My friend bought some chinese medicine from JB for me (4 packet in a month) that's very heaty. I drank it at night, next day morning my BBT will shoot up at least 0.5C. she strike it after drinking. As Dr.Lim said, we always trial and error,when we got it, we always said the last resort is most helpful
happy.gif

Dont worry, i'm sure you will be fine
happy.gif
a lot of my pregnant friends also had tender breasts on and off. You will be seeing him again? or he intro you a gynae? Take it easy and relax ya
happy.gif
jaia you jia you

Dragonhopes, you are also a good ttc mate to me
happy.gif
you and the rest of the girls here are younger than me so I am sure all of you will make it happen soon. Prepare our bodies well so when it really happens, it's in a conducive environment.

My TCM doc told me that bai fong wan can only be taken before ovulation.

Yeah I'm still seeing Dr Lim until we are sure that all is fine. Dr Lim told me that there's nothing I can do right now except to wait it out. So now my dh and I are just cautiously and quietly happy.

Jiayou! You are just a few steps from your dream
happy.gif
I'm with you! Oh rem to ask your dh to clear old troops 1-2 days before you can BD.

Dear Ladies.. was abit 'zoned out' past few days. (disrupted sleep last thurs seemed to have a chain reaction)

Really glad to have the great support from all of you. And really the valuable info & advice. (i've not done much research and dont have the determination to keep up). First thing im going to do at least is to eat my proper medication daily. (metformin, folic acid, supplements)

Besides, i think im prob the oldest here. 33. So better buck up. (trying to be positive and not so stressed)

Today is DPO 13 or 14 (CD29).. usually my mens will come CD 33-35. I have another few days of waiting. Now the usual pre mens symptoms..

Dragonhopes. Good results from the hsg tests. Jia you!

Gingerbreadger.. have you seen Dr lim already? My first visit was also very short and straight to the point. I was abit nervous but he was very nice and fatherly.

Phy.. Steady dear! :>>> keep us updated..

Back to work.. Have a great week ahead ladies.

This morning woke up with slight cramps. I told my hubby I think my menses will be here soon. He prob sensed that I'm a little disappointed n upset, then he said it's okay, try again next month.
I'm a little surprised as he will usually say words like I worry too much or think too much. Maybe his attitude is changing. I'm thinking to ask him to go for sa test.

Anyway, new week, fresh start..

Morning gals,

Bambini, so happy to hear that. At least you know he is there for you. It is so important to get DH support.

Maybe you will have good news this cycle then he dont have to go for SA.

Last sat Dr.Lim clinic was not as crowded as 3 weeks before when i was there for IUI process. Dr.Lim left his office at 12.15pm and i am the 2nd last patient.

The last couple is very young looking. They already have 1 boy. Dr.Lim came out from his room and tell us, he is Plan B boy.
happy.gif

The boy is so cheerful and friendly.
happy.gif

Phy, so must take bai feng wan before ovulation ya! ok ok..take that in mind Dont want to waste bai feng wan also. So Bai feng wan before ovulation, LRD after ovulation?

I'm going to help him clear his troops tonight then prepare for wed

I remember you took quite a number of jab last cycle. How many in total?

bambini, yeah, i think men will feel the disappointment sooner or later. Probably they won't show it as much as we do. You should be CD30 (DPO14/15) today right? I thought DPO14/15 is considered quite late already. You took your bbt this morning?

dragonhopes, i realised there's alot of young and good looking couples at Dr Lim's clinic. Probably because they are mostly the Indonesian Chinese. Hehe.

Gingerbreadger, I think no appointment can be fixed on sat. Just b there eithe super early or maybe around 11am ba. Just to make sure be there before doctor is leaving.

Which CD will you b this sat?

Hello.. I stopped taking bbt since starting dr lim but I'll prob hunt for the thermometer tomorrow am. I already sense my menses should be coming, my cycle is usually 32 to 35 days. Will keep you all updated.

Yes, I also notice dr lim has alot of Indonesian (non Singaporean) patients . The way they dress is different ( without them talking can tell already)

Dragonhopes, haha.. Can take baifengwan with the ang mo supplements? Sounds like east meets west lei.
I'm considering to start tcm but I wonder if there is really too much stuff to eat lei.

Sigh. How I wish I have a supportive hubby. I know everyone has it's good n bad and I should focus on the positives.
The few times we briefly spoke about our challenging tcc, my hubby will always seem to suggest that we go exercise together. I think that it is because he prob feels I'm not exercising enough to keep myself healthy. So I ask him to not to ever mention about exercising again. He prob sense I'm pissed so he also kept quiet. Frankly he himself can very well be the prob, of cos i pray not, but it is possible. (I didn't say this to him la)

Anyway Must be the pms speaking now..that's why I'm feeling abit moody.

Cool down Bambini angel, I am sure there are some way out there. Try to convince him as much as you can. I have a friend whose DH even worst. He has zero sperm count and still keep delaying my friend for going thru IVF and he is age 40 and she is 33 next year.

Take it easy ya dear! i am sure he can feel the stress also
happy.gif
cheer up!

Good morning ladies.. Took my bbt this am, it is vey low, 36.57. So officially my 2ww is over. Just waiting for my af to arrive.

Looking ahead to the next cycle .. Work will keep me very busy so that will keep me distracted.

Morning girls,

Bambini, 36.57 is it low for u? It seem high for me. My bbt will drop to 36.2-3 in CD27/28.

Jsust stay positive,still got hope. Is good that your work will keep u occupy
happy.gif

bambini, your hubby sounded JUST LIKE MINE. haha. maybe they come from the same village. hehe. My DH will always, without fail, say that we cannot conceive because I never exercise. I am really lazy about exercising but sometimes will humor him to go swim (but I would soak in the pool rather than swim) or walk with him at night. And when my TCM doc said that his SA results not very good, he will get defensive. I think men will still be men. They are not as 'big picture' as we are? We see the overall picture, analyse results and feel the emotions of trying again and again.

You know the times when your hubby is more relaxed or in a good mood? You can try asking him his opinions on SA test during those times when you feel he's more receptive to you. I told my DH that he doesn't have to do anything, just produce the sample for me at home and I will settle the rest. I even offered to book a hotel room near the lab just so that we can send over the sample quickly. Then he quickly said no no no, don't waste $, he will do it at home.. hehe

dragonhopes, yeah yeah. My TCM doc will give me one dosage of BFW before ovulation (usually 1-2 days before expected O). For first cycle treatment with Dr Lim, I took 50mg clomid + 3 jabs of Gonal F on alternate days. On 2nd cycle, I took 100mg clomid + 7 jabs of Gonal F daily (after clomid). By the time I finished all these, already CD12 for me.

Have you tried BD in the morning? I tried once/twice in the past cuz I heard from other girls that the spermies in the morning are better. But then later I gave up waking up early just for BD.

gingerbreadger, i think CD10 day might be alittle late for Dr Lim to start any treatment plan for you. But if you always ovulate around CD14 or so, you can schedule your first appt with him around there so he can also scan the size of your egg. If it's of a good size, perhaps he will also give you a jab?

Phy, Jurong sinseh also told me to BD in the morning. I just couldn't awake and after BD still have to stay lie for another 15mins. I guess that will add pressure to my DH also
happy.gif

So both cycle you were at plan A? This cycle Dr.Lim also just gave 3 jabs. if fail, then next cycle have to take 100mg clomid.

Not sure it is because of the HSG test or i count wrongly. yesterday and today i got EW discharge but i am at CD11 only.

Gingerbreadger, Dr.Lim always advise us to go there around CD7 or 8 but if your time is not permit, just let it be. Dont stress yourself.
happy.gif

Dragonhopes, my 2nd cycle was 'labelled' as Plan A2. Probably because I was given more jabs.. When will your last jab be? I also got ewcm on my CD12. I think could be the jabs that you may be ovulating earlier.

Are you seeing Dr Lim again for another scan? The last cycle, Dr Lim gave me some powdered sachets of flucimil. He said it's to improve mucus.

You took bai fong wan already?

Take it easy yeah? I think you may get positive opk soon. Jiayou! Praying for you..
happy.gif

Thanks dragon & phy! does dr lim do any physical check on first visit? Coz act i gg for a wax tis sat, tinkin nex wk then go like better.. After its more tidy there..

Ladies, my AF came yesterday Liao. Time to start afresh. I notice bleeding slightly more than normal ( over all still quite little). After dragon asked the question about my bbt, I went back to look at the bits n pieces of my old bbt records. Yes my high bbt is ~ 36.9 to 37.1. My low bbt range 36.5-37.8. Does it look ok? I realized I never recorded a complete bbt chart (always forget). Including the first cycle with dr lim, in all I have 7 ttc cycles. (if I didnt dig up the records I hadn't realized all these)

I'm going to fix an appointment with dr lim next Monday or tue. Currently taking 100mg of Duinum for the next 5 days. Sigh I dread the injections. This time I must write down the size of the eggs (last visit still blur blur, dunno what is what)

My body seems to be the 'cold' type but recent month started having breakouts . I think it could be the metformin. ( heaty?) I think I will try phy's suggestion on the red date n longan tea. Later go to the Chinese medical shop.

Gingerbreadger, yes dr lim will conduct physical checks on first visit. He will want to see the conditions of the womb, ovary, etc. for me, plus the patsmear tests and blood tests as well.

phy.. Thanks for the great info as always.;)

Dragon,. Today is wed Lo. Have fun with the BD!

BD in the morning seems good but I'd usually be late for work or end up taking leave. ( usually I will lie down with lifted legs for 20 mins, but I tot from dr lim's instructions, was to lie down for 2 hours)

gingerbreadger, hehe. you are so cute. Dr Lim always does V-scan for me during my visits. I was in the midst of doing brazilian IPL and sometimes when I visit him, I get blotches of hair growing so it's very ugly but I didnt care too. haha. The nurse will 'cover' your part with a kitchen paper towel so in a way, Dr Lim probably won't see it.

bambini, my TCM doc asked me to lie down for at least 1 hour as my DH's sperms will take one hour to liquidfy. I think that's when the sperms will break through and start swimming?

dragonhopes, yeah yeah, wed le. hehe.. jia you!

have you girls done pap smear recently? I got to know I had fungal infection through pap smear and Dr Lim inserted a pill for me to treat it. Not sure if it actually helped as I was thinking the fungal infection probably hindered the sperms in the past.

Hey girls,

I am really stress-out these few days. family affairs(SIL & Mother issue), work, business, all come together..sigh! i was telling my DH i really have no mood to BD, so many things inside my head.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
really feel very sad!

Me not going to see Dr.Lim till next cycle, today last jab. I took flucimil last cycle too, 2 sachets per day for 5 days. I think it is really help to dilute mucus but this cycle he dont prescribe.

i think we all have to pap smear at the first visit. i did that with Dr.Lim also, nothing detected so no medication.

Phy, i took bai feng wan yesterday. not positive detected yet, guess is the HSG dye make me have so much ewcm.

Bambini,

hug hug! new cycle new hope. This round try to persuade your DH and ask him go with you ok! i think it is now really important for him to do SA test. Man are really die hard one la, they simply can't accept if the problem lies in them.

you only have TTC #7 cycle? That's kind of short ah! take it easy!

your BBT seems high to me le, when my AF ia about to due, my BBT can went down to 36.2x

mm.. then i'll maybe consider gg this wkend.. it puts my mind at ease that i'm seeing him earlier.. cause time is precious!!

my husband say he prob very used to seeing it, so prob doesnt matter aso, prob i'll jus go with a forest condition... haha

my pap smear results was Ok, but i am prone to having UTI. (some trace bacteria in my urine).

Just made an appointment with Dr Lim next Monday afternoon. Will try to ask if my DH can come with me. But i kinda dread it.

Yes, that's my BBT, maybe my thermometer has a problem haha..Ya I forgot to get the LRD stuff just now.

gingerbreadger.. as phy and dragon mentioned earlier, sat queue will be long. So be mentally prepared.

dragon..cool down. Everything ok? Relax.. Throw the 'nonsense' things out of your head first..

Phy.. did you bd during the 2ww?

gingerbreadger, wake up 5am to see TCM. Dont tell me is Jurong East TCM ya! i been there before. Que at 4.30am. That's too crazy!

Sat que is longer so be there either very early or late like 11am.

Phy, keep us updated and more tips tips
happy.gif

Haha i woke up at 5am, but i oni reached at 6am. Marine parade one.

Phylee> anything different u did tis mth? Did u went for the hsg tis mth? Were u on any meds this mth?

Morning girls,

Today feel better, most of the stuff resolved yesterday just that family affairs remained unsolve, but that's nothing i can do about it, so just let them be.

Yesterday CD12, detected positive OPK and also my last jab of Gonal-F. I remembered last cycle after i finished all injection, rested for 3 days then detected OPK, this cycle is so early. Just afraid i actually miscount my period.

dragonhopes, don't care anymore!! Did you manage to BD yesterday? Anymore EWCM? BD BD BD! You can try taking your BBT tmr morning just to see if your BBT has risen. Last cycle I also had EWCM a day (CD12) after the last jab so I guess the jabs helped in early ovulation.

thanks gingerbreadger! Keeping fingers crossed for a sticky and healthy one. Hmm.. everything I did last cycle was the same as I always did for a long time. Like BD on alternate days, use preseed, put a pillow under bum after BD etc. Only that I was on 100mg of clomid and 7 jabs of Gonal F and had three eggs measuring about 16mm on CD11. Maybe more eggs = more chance? I did HSG one year ago..

bambini, I think we did BD once or twice during 2ww. What CD are you at now? Waiting to ovulate? Are you on Plan A this cycle? Rem to go get your LRD stuff yeah.

Back