Dr Charles Lim Mt E

dragonhopes, was your colleague also carrying multiples or singleton? Is her girl ok now?

thanks girls. im sure it's going to be your turn very soon. Have faith in our good old Dr Lim!

Phy, my colleague just singleton.

u take good care of yourself ok! you really make me excited..haha! we are here to support you all the way to week 35 and see you deliver your cute and healty babies
happy.gif

i think from now onwards, Dr.Lim will share another story of Triplets with us
happy.gif

my dear phy.. im so happy for you! It's will be a tough but no doubt a rewarding.. Be strong and take care of yourself meanwhile! We are here to give you lots of support!

Im sure after getting over the initial shock, you are already thinking and planning ahead on how to manage this. the earlier you think about it, the better you will manage the 3 bundles of joy when they arrive. :>

Phylee, happy for u... really have to take care of ur health bcos u have 3 lovely angel in ur womb, stop crying lah, mummy-to-be must be strong and happy for how u r blessed! i so envy sia...

Dragonhopes, my ex ivf doc from NUH is Dr Stephen Chew, my reason to change is of cos, the failure and i felt that the clinic is too busy till i dun think they can manage all cases well. for my case, i am with NUH to do ivf on last year july, however, in July, they have near to 70 cases of ivf, which i seriously dun think they manage well when the customer is overflowing. haiz... when i waiting for my egg transfer, the two nurse beside me chatting, say that i am the number 9 patient for egg transfer today, and after me still got 4 patient waiting! and further more they even gossip abt the failure rate of ivf in June, which the previous month is 100%, none of the case survived! make me so low morale before i went in for my egg transfer. anyway my last ivf is not good too, i total oni got 15 follicle, out of 15, oni got 6 eggs and oni 2 fertilised! the two grade is one good one average, afterall, both not attached to my womb and i left no egg for freeze! haiz...

hey check with you gers. when u all taking metformin, do you ovulate earli? last mth i ovulated at cd 21. but this month, i ovulated today at cd 16 already.

Morning girls,

this morning while i am taking shower, suddenly i realise i detected positive OPK on CD12 was due to Gonal-F injection which happen last cycle on CD10 also. Argh! i think i really miscount this month. I only BD on CD10,12,13,14 and 16. CD14&CD16 my DH is like cannot cum and he tried quite hard (so stressful troops. I'm sure i'm going to miss the train this cycle.
sad.gif

Kate, understand your frustration when we are gan cheong and those nurses and doctor are like carefree. I'm sure Dr.Lim will help you better
happy.gif
Dont worry, like all Bambini and Phy said, trust Dr.Lim.. I guess with our trust and we are confident and we CAN DO IT!
happy.gif

yes, dr lim said that ovulation will occur earlier due to medication.

Gingerbreadger, CD16 is considered quite regular right? (compared to CD21), so the metformin will really helping to regulate your cycle.

Dragonhopes, you OPK on CD12, but you BD on CD10, 12,13.. the chances are also as good as any. dont be stressed!

for me, today is CD11, i missed to take my gonalF on CD9 (im so terrible). Supposed to BD last night, but i fell asleep. This morning woke up in the AM to BD, as usual end up taking leave and not going to work. I dunno, i really dont feel like going to work after BD in the morning! haha.. not many leave to take liao also. Actually i hope not to OPK early this month cos my eggs are so small at CD7. hopefully they will grow well within next few days.

yeahyeah! quite happy so early this month! save me some sticks, n i no need to wait till my neck long long. haha
dint really expect the metformin to work so fast! today is only my 6th day taking it. n i havent up-ed my dosage yet. oni 1 pill per day now.

Bambini, you best ah! BD then skip work! Shd drag ur DH to stay with u for the whole day! So u missed it on cd9 you take it on cd10&12?

Good luck in your scan tomorrow. Remember to update us ya!

Gingerbreadger, congrats! Remember to BD happily. Who knows you will b seeing dr.lim with good news!
happy.gif

hey hey, i am back again, yesterday my first appointment with Dr Lim is so far so good, but during scan, he saw a lump near my left ovary, he say must scan again on the 2nd day of my mense to confirm whether that is a blood cyst or my follicle leftover cell, start with'c'? if blood cyst then i have to do surgery b4 i proceed with any plan, bcos that will make the success rate to drop, haiz... if that is my leftover cell then is ok.. after some discussion with my hubby, we decide to stick with Dr Lim, and choose Plan B to kick start if i do not need to do surgery. plan A for both of us is too tiring, we had been try for 4 years, test ovalu, if positive start doing, no feeling at all... and tiring... btw he oso comment that my zi gong jin is not good, he say he oni touch and it start to bleed, haiz... dunno wat will happen to me again...

Gingerbreadger, zi gong Jing is cervical ba! I'm not sure also.

Kate, officially welcome you to this thread! We can share more from now onwards. Not to worry anything ok, just give yourself to Dr.Lim.

So far I survive my 2ww well, but now PMS liao, got a big big argument with DH over small potato matter. Sigh!

One the way back home from NDP review. The fireworks so nice!
happy.gif

Ginger: i dunno wat is zi gong jing in english leh...

Dragon, jia you! dun get angry lah, u urself oso realise that is small potato matter liao, forgive n let it over bah... remember wat u say? cannot get angry so often, baby will scared one! u r in 2ww liao, then when will know the good news???

Was at dr lim yesterday. Eggs are at 17mm already. Opk almost positive. Well dr lim said since I have pco so there can be some early opk detected. So he told me to bd on (cd 14) coming mon n wed (cd 16) haha.. Everytime I feel assured when I see dr lim.

For the first time I brought my hubby with me. But dr lim didn't check my hubby. ( dr lim prob forgot that my hubby didn't kena check before) but all the better, at least now my hubby know there are many couples there seeking help as well.

Dragon.. Stay cool! Are you drinking chicken essence n LRD tea as phy suggested?

Kate.. The nurses at dr lim clinic told me recently many positives for plan b n plan c at the clinic lately. ;) it will happen for you very soon.

Ginger.. Are you takin the chicken essence n LRD tea as well?

Phy.. You are now famous! Haha.. Dr lim mentioned a success triplets story for plan A. The nurses were also very happy for you. There are many blessings to cheer you on. (including us here in this forum) which gynae are you going ? Dr lim does not deliver anymore right?

Im in my dpo 2 today. Yeah taking lrd. I taking the bottled chix essence. I used to drink the home made black chix essence,but i realli canot stand it anymore. I find it VERY oily, and my weighing machine is screaming at me the weight gain. So i rather drink more frequent the bottled one, thou it doesnt work as well as the home made one.

Bambini> u on plan a this cycle?

Bambini, congrats x2!
happy.gif
first is you got ur eggies at right size and 2ndly, you got ur DH there with u. This is a big big step! BD happily ok!
happy.gif

My temper today still not right! PMS PMS! Sigh!

Kate, I always tell myself I have to control but sometimes it is just ver hard!

Phy, how are you feeling, dear?

Yes. Ginger, I'm on plan a2 but 100mg of duinum, 3 shots of gonalf and metformin. I dont think I will go into plan b so soon cos my hubby will not go for it.

Yeah dragon. I felt quite happy even though my hubby didn't do anything but just being there with me helps. After the visit to dr lim, I asked my hubby what happens if dr lim does 'strange' things on him. He said he will reject dr
Lim. Sigh.. I also asked my hubby what happens if there is something wrong with him.. Then he said . If it is the case, then he better not know about it' .. (double sigh) for me it is still a long journey to convince my hubby on getting help. That's why I think I might stop going to dr lim after this cycle . Then back to trying natural for another 1 year. Cos I'm taking the medicine, injections (plus the stress) and yet my hubby refuse to go for any checks to begin with.

do u gals experience weight gain after taking metformin? i went to search on the side effects and it actualy says weight loss. but i'm gaining weight!! i'm not even eating as much as before!

Hmm.. I didn't measure my weight for some time.. (dun dare to face the Truth) haha..

By right, metformin will reduce weight. But I think no change for me. I eat dinner very late. Difficult to lose weight.

Its a habit tat i measure my wt everyday, coz i tink its easier to lose 1-2 kg than 4-5 kg later on. Looks like i mus micromanage wat i put inside my mouth!! :S

Yesterday was cd 14. Felt a little light headed n weak at night, so tired that I fell asleep immediately. Quite bloated n alittle cramp. I think opk is almost positive. ( the test line is getting darker, but not as dark as control line yet) I bought chicken essence with cordyceps. Is it advisable to drink for Myself? ( after that I found out cordyceps is better for man)

Ginger.. Normally what do you do to shed the 1-2 kilos?

actually u noe i realise when opk is +ve.. i aso get quite bloated, so it makes bd sometimes difficult/uncomfortable. do u all experienc that?

i jus eat lesser, not to the point where u r hungry. coz if u realise, most of the time, even when we're not hungry, we'll still eat. i jus eat only the 3 meals, strictly no carbs. 1-2 kg its easier.. cause if i jus watch my diet for 1-2 days, it'll be gone.

and this month, i jus realise that pcos shouldnt eat carbs, coz its hard for us to shed those weight. so i guess thats partially how i maintain my weight. i dont realy eat carbs. now i trying to cut down on sugary stuff..

Bambini, no book yet. Just be there around CD7 or 8 lo.

Actually i always bloated. Last month i bloated all the way from my first gonal F jab till AF came. This month also bloated but i just ignore all the symptoms and go on with my life. Too much focus on 2ww and i felt i am losing my ownself.

hey, when u gals taking clomid, do u start on cd3? i was told to start on cd 3. but i see others like normalli start on cd 2..wondering wetehr i shld call to confirm.. duno got write wrongly on my meds or not..

hi ginger, for me i started on CD2 for my 1st and 2nd cycle with Dr Lim. Maybe you can double check with the nurse? you should have a chart (piece of paper) that dr lim uses to indicate the medication? Did it also indicate CD3?

hi dragon, yes, good to focus on something else. go shopping, have a good meal, hang out with friends. I listen to music whenever im stressed and makan with friends.

mm.. good pt.. i forgot about the piece of paper. i jus went to see on hte medicine pack. it wrong day 3. i go bak see hte paper! thansk!

hello girls!!! wow this thread is flying! Im fine thanks girls
happy.gif
just that some days im experiencing bad nausea and sleep rather early at night.

okok, just a recap.. so dragonhopes experienced spotting on her cd25.. hmm pretty early. how's the spotting now? now should be cd26 for you? jiayou yeah. i also thought my period was reporting for me cuz the symptoms are so PMS.

bambini, ovulated already?? i think you can start on your LRD. Im so happy to hear that your hubby went with you. Big step for him! You should sayang him more. hehe. Does he mind taking vits? Don't worry about his SA results. Just take it as he's average and if he doesnt mind taking the vits, you can ask Dr Lim for Vit E, folic acid and B12 for your hubby. That's what my hubby took too though his SA results were a year ago.

bambini, have you done HSG? The test to check if your tubes are fine.

gingerbreadger, 2ww yeah? hehe.. i realised i ate less when im on metformin but still weigh the same. haha. Yes, you are right on the diet. If you don't mind reading, you can always borrow a book called - Fertility Diet: A groundbreaking research to Healthy Ovulation. It touches on PCOS. I like the book and was reading it a month ago. There are tips like replace poultry with fish in your diet and also fullcream works better than lowfat milk!

kate, welcome welcome! im sure you are in safe hands of Dr Lim.

Actually I also noticed alot of preg ladies in Dr Lim's office on Sat. I think about 4 couples? And for one of them, I kpo peeped at their scan and looks like twins to me.

I havent decided between NUH or KKH. Any comments?? Dr Lim has better contacts with NUH but I also heard that KKH has better facilities for prematures.

phy!! remmber to come back n visit us often!! i duno much bout nuh thou... does dr lim have any recommendation?

kkh has the private suite. i go there before gg for dr lim. its quite good. they charges pte rate, no need to wait long q, n the environment is new too. but i not sure about the gyanes thou.. but i heard kkh has one of the better facilities to cater to pre-mature babies aso.. like if any emergencies for pre-matre, other hospital r not able to handle de coz they dont have the facilities.. the hospital will send htem to kkh.

how old r ur babies now?

Phy, so happy to see you here
happy.gif
Sleep early good ah, better than stay awake then feel nausea..

yeah! spotting on CD24 night and CD25 morning then now just yellowish discharge. All my typical PMS symptoms. In fact i don't put hope this month as i really felt that i miscount.

Yesterday night start cramp till now, still on and off. so i guess AF will be here anytime Fri-Sat.

Doctor wise, just follow what Dr.Lim said lo. i am sure he will follow-up until you delivered. Can't wait to see them! so excited!

I am going back my hometown tomorrow night, so will be MIA till 10 Aug when back to work..

jia you girls!

Dragonhopes, going back home is a good way to keep 2ww off your mind! Hope to get good news from you when you return next week *wink wink*

Gingerbreadger, yeah yeah, I'm always here! Must be here personally to congratulate everyone of you when you BFP!!

I also thought kkh might be better but dr lim is more familiar with NUH Prof Biswas.

mm actually familarity aso plays a part.. cause dr lim will provide u with more assistance.. since u're his rare case. i'm sure he'll keep a lookout for u..

maybe u can go forum n search? cause i remmber reading, tat kkh is the oni hospital that can provide intensive care unit (choy of coz) for pre-mature babies. bt beta to be prepared..

Dear phy.. Great to hear from you! So were you there on sat am? I was there around 10am. N yes, the nurses mentioned also twins in our conversation.
For the hospital, which one is nearer to your home or workplace? Having a gynae which dr lim recommends sounds good cos the gynae must be very experience with managing mummies with triplets.;) (Just my few cents worth)

Hi ginger, I'm joining you in the 2ww.

Hi dragon.. Enjoy your trip! Where exactly is your hometown?

Detected strong dark lines positive opk last night which is cd15. Dr lim is very accurate in his prediction. So I bd last night and will continue to bd for next few nights. Sigh.. Seems more like a mission than anything. I drank LRD tea on some days, but those instant mix haha..

I have not done any hsg before. So far dr lim didn't suggest it.

Phy, i really hope to spread the good news also
happy.gif
and join you to be a real motherhood..

Bambini, i'm from Penang. u know, sometimes i am so afraid to go back, especially celebrating event where you will meet all relatives. All the aunty will start asking, when is your turn? why dont want baby? blah blah blah...

and when meeting with friends, i will hear a lots of preggie news! a lot of my friends this month got married, next month they are pregnant! *faint* i think Singapore lifestyle play a part..

Well well, i already accept where i am now! have it or not it is all depends on the god. I am going back to my childhood church and visit my grandparents this Sunday and hopefully they will hear my prayer.

bambini, yeah i was there on sat. i thk we might have been sitting together without knowing! I was there at 8plus and maybe left around 10am too. I saw one couple coming in when I was waiting for my medication. Maybe that's you!
happy.gif

jiayou yeah, for those in 2ww now..
happy.gif

Phy, is that right to say BBT will stay high when you are pregnant?

i saw spotting again in CD27, confirmed no pregnancy this cycle.

will be trying last Plan A next cycle. then have to see what to do already!

dragonhopes> how many cycle of plan A u tried? did dr lim say how many cycles to try before moving on? he dint mention to me thou... so i was wondering how long shld i be on plan a

Gingerbreadger,

i'm a bit crazy, i went for Plan B and back to Plan A again. so one plan B and one plan A already. My gonal-F injection only 3 jabs per cycle and clomid 50mg. This cycle increase clomid to 100mg and see what his advise on CD7. i remember Dr.Lim mentioned one women conceive in her #5 Plan B. so i think if we do not opt for IVF, he will ask us keep trying. There is no other route for us.

i just realise this is my TTC #14 cycle already! sigh! so tiring..BTW, i officially see red
sad.gif

Back