Dr Charles Lim Mt E

Phy, yes managed to BD last night. I gave up taking BBT la, really freak me out! so now just rely on OPK. Monday faint line, tuesday like almost negative(very very faint line). Luckily i decided to test last night, actually i was like not testing then only test today or tomorrow.
happy.gif

So last cycle your jab also on CD12? then you detected positive on CD12 as well?

Dont know it would be too late or not, just drank chicken essence this morning. My DH drank too!

i start fall in love with LRD, so nice to drink
happy.gif
just afraid too heaty!

the thing is that i am afraid to drink LRD tea and chicken essence. (since young). i dont think i have ever tried before. Maybe that is why my body is so 'cold'/'weak.

phy: Im CD3 now. My menses only came for 2 days and today no more... (think my body is cold). Maybe i should take baifongwan? haha.. dunno. Im on the 100mg clomid now, which is i think Plan 1a or 2? After the visit next monday then i will know how many gonal F injections this time.

Dragon: that's right. things you cant solve , just bo chap.. else very stressful. Continue the BD these few days! :>>>

hi all, i am new here, will see Dr Lim on next friday for 1st appointment, dunno y, bits of nervous! i did a a lapascopy and ivf in NUH last year, but failed! now one year later start to find doctor to help me again, this time round, i search for 1 month then finally settle with Dr Lim, is he good??? i see many good review here, nut today i call to make appointment, the nurse quite rude leh? maybe bcos i called after 5pm. haiz...

Hi Kate, like Bambini said, they are quite busy so can't stay long with us in the phone.

Dr.Lim is friendly, cheerful, patient and very fatherly. My DH n I feel very comfortable with him.
Remember to bring all your report with you and also bring your DH along.

Mind to share who are you seeing in NUH? any reason for switching doctor? I thought government subsidy ART process in government hospital.

Dragon, phy.. This morning I took the opportunity to ask my dh if he wants to accompany me to the doctor for my appointment on Monday afternoon, at first he kept quiet, then he said ok but 'don't ask the doctor to do strange things ' (exact words ) strange things = sa .. I think. Dunno whether to be angry or to laugh.

So actually I'm thinking .. Maybe it doesn't make sense that I visit dr lim while my husband refuse to do sa hor? It is stressed taking all the medicine, tests n injections ..

Maybe I will stop after the 2nd cycle with dr lim.

Gingerbreadger, I was on two cycles with Dr Lim. Both on Plan A. You are seeing Dr Lim tmr? Jiayou yeah. Reach there early! Slightly before 8am would be great!

Dragonhopes, I didn't managed to get positive opk last cycle lei. Was so disappointed that time and you were consoling me, telling me that Internet strips are not accurate de. Hehe. It made me felt better. I was practically testing opk twice a day and yet didn't managed to get one single positive!

Bambini, yeah maybe baifongwan will help? But rem to stop taking during 2ww. You are seeing TCM yeah?

Kate, I adore Dr Lim. The nurses are great too, just that the clinic is always packed so they might sound rush. I think they prefer to take in appointments in the morning. The latest appointment they will take in is at 2pm I think.

Yesterday after lunch, I felt alot of mucus coming out so went to the toilet. Alas! Brown stains that covered the whole pantyliner! So I quickly rushed down to Dr Lim's. The moment I saw him, I went 'Dr Lim!!!!!!!! What's happening......' And he actually teased me, said that 'Aiyo, you are so worried, rushed all the way down...' and he gave a pout! Haha. So adorable. I immediately felt more relaxed.

Bambini, haha.. Dr Lim will do strange things to your DH lei. Cuz he will do a physical check on him.. With pants and briefs off. Not all off but just strip to thigh area. There's also a blood test for both of u.

Actually I think it's a major step that your dh took to acc you to the clinic. Bambini, well done! You managed to bring him closer in the journey. It might be good that your dh gets to see Dr Lim too. I find my dh is more receptive twds men's talk.

Hmmm I dunno if you should prepare your dh beforehand on dr Lim's physical check. Will he get offended? If you let him know beforehand, will he run away?? I didn't prepare my dh but luckily he just laughed it off after that. I actually felt bad for my dh as he was just there to send me to the clinic but in the end asked to strip. Woahaha..

In short, I think you managed to soften your dh alittle lei. Seeing the doc together is a great boost to morale! Don't give up my dear.. I had to drag my dh to three gynaes, one TCM for the past two years and his attitude started to change in the end. Of course I'm sure you will achieve your dream in a much shorter time than me. Don't give up!! Dr Lim will prescribe some vits for your hubby too so let's not worry about his SA for now. Jiayou

phy> wow long and encouraging msges!! make me quite excited to visit him tml! i can' reach by 8am.. cause i need to go kkh to collect my reports first.. oni after 8-9 then can reach..

thanks phy.. wow, i think my DH will get heartattack! i cant imagine. I think better not put him through this yet. he already said no 'strange' thing liao, i think he will get offended. i think a step at a time.

Now taking taking blackmores conceive plus. (i always take it on n off..)

Hey girls,

Finally back in action. Been very busy since yesterday morning till now!
happy.gif
Family affairs finally considered settle..phew!

Gingerbreadger, how's your first visit?

Bambini, yeah! one step at a time. Actually i knew Dr.Lim going to check on my DH but i told him just when he arrives in the clinic. haha..make him nowhere to escape. (so bad me!) but luckily DH is ok with that.

I agreed with Phy, my DH actually talked a lot with Dr.Lim too, asking him a lot of question which he did not ask my previous gynae.

Phy dear, are you ok now?

My first visit was very good!!! He diagnoise me with pcos based on my kkh rpt. So im on plan a, metaform for this cycle, since today is my cd 10 alreadi. Nex cycle then start on gonal f and clomid. I oni got 1 good egg at 30mm, the rest r small small one coz of pcos.

Act how mani eggs r we suppose to havr each cycle? At the end of the day during ovulation they will oni release one isnt it? How come it matters to have many bigger ones?

Gingerbreadger, glad to hear that! 30mm is a good size le! This cycle I have 2 eggs at 8&12mm on cd8. Even last cycle my biggest egg only 19mm.

I'm not sure how many eggs we she have. I thought only one. With the aid of medicine then we release more eggs.

Dragonhopes, you certainly sounded more relieved! Still hooked on LRD? Hee.. Stay calm and cool yeah.

My spotting has lessened le. Was staying in bed for the past two days.

Gingerbreadger, you seemed so happy over your first visit. Haha. Yeah, your egg is huge! Usually eggs will rupture (meaning ovulation) at around 21-23mm. Most women will release one egg naturally every month. You must be ovulating soon or ovulated already??

Gonal F also improves the quality of our eggs I think.

i quite like dr lim's consultation, cause i feel he's more structured, as compared to kkh. like he will monitor hte progress of egg n etc. now i noe my own cycle better. but i duno y so big now.. cause i ovulate late, like at cd 21, sat i was oni at cd 10. but he dint explain much bout the eggs this round, oni told me the size. say oni got 1 good one. the rest too small

nex cycle then start from scratch. overall me n my hubs felt much beta after his consultation. like we've made one big step nearer to our baby plan.. haha

Hi ladies..
Currently at dr lim waiting. Took 1/2 day Leave today. Last week I think I was a little emotional, burst into tears 2 times (which is quite rare for me) I think it's all the feelings bottle up n how I think my hubby should be more supportive n accomodating. I think im back to normal self today. Cant take things too hard. I should focus more on the positives. Although he said ok to accompany me to doctor lim (nothing 'strange') but eventually I still came myself. Maybe I spoilt my hubby Liao.

Other than the tcm at marina parade ? Any recommendation?

bambini> mm.. dont tink so much.. there r certain tings in life u cant control. things that canot be control, dont tink so much.. focus on tings that is within ur control.. i'm learning too.

at best is dont have expectations from ur husband.. so u wun be disappointed/sad.

i'm currently seeing tcm at marine parade too.. so cant help other recommendation..

look on hte bright sad so u can have a happy baby =)

Dr lim said I have a small uterus.. Could also explain why my menses is so short. He said that the medicine will help me building the internal lining.

At first , dr lim said he can't find my ovary! Haha.. I was abit stunned. Of cos after that he found them. The eggs are abit small, only 7 mm and 9 mm. So I will have to visit doctor again on sat to see the size of the eggs.

Bambini, hugs.. Do you think your hubby can help you with the jabs at home? It's another way to get him involved. Just say it's painful when you jabbed yourself? I'm sure your dh is supportive, maybe just need some nudges. He can also join you in your next appt. You can tell Dr Lim that you would like to skip the physical checks for the moment. But at least both of you can go for the blood test together. Blood test not strange things right?
happy.gif
Hugs..

Bambini, how many gonal-f for you?

Phy, in plan A, how many time you visit Dr.Lim in a cycle?

What's metformin? is it only those having PCOS have to take?

Gingerbreadger, any physical check for your DH?

Dragonhopes, for my plan A, I went to see dr lim twice - cd7 and cd11. Dr Lim had said actually I just needed to see him once that is cd11/12 since I can just take clomid and gonal f on my own.

Metformin, if I'm not wrong is for pcos patients as we are resistant to insulin. More like a drug for diabetics. If you don't have pcos, I think maybe you don't need to take metformin bah..

i'm taking metformin now, dr lim said its to improve the quality of the eggs. and i have pcos.

my hubs say dr lim grab his balls, then squeeze each side, ask pain or not. then grab the penis, ask pain or not. then ask can erect or not. thats it. very fast, within 1 min.

hey seeing dr lim twice isnt that bad! i tot must go in very regular to scan the condition of the eggs. so when u go n see him, wat did he do? jus scan the condition of hte eggs?

phylee, bambi> any of u got pcos?

Gingerbreadger, no I don't have pcos.

This cycle I don't go back on cd11. I went back on cd 7,11&15 last cycle. Cd15 is for IUI procedure.

this cycle, im still plan A (should be A2?), taking 100mg duinum, 3 shots of Gonal F and some fluimucil . Yesterday visit Dr lim at CD7 and on sat will visit dr lim again (cd 12). I told Dr lim im not ready to go into plan B. He just smiled and said OK. such a nice doctor.

hi gingerbreadger, dr lim said i have mild PCO (not really PCOs yet). Still he prob put everyone on metformin to improve the quality of eggs. Did dr lim ask your hubby to do SA?

hi dragon.. any symptoms so far? how many DPO already?

hi phy, been hunting for the normal red dates in the chinese medical halls. apparently those with seeds are completely sold out. left with those 'without seeds only'. For the LRD tea, need to make use the red dates with seeds right?

dr lim says its optional, cause we jus did one with kkh, and that one shows mobility, intensity, and some others. dr lim one says his one will show whether the sperms got infection or not. he say its optional. so we dint do it.

how does the one without seeds look like? i duno whether mind got seeds or not.. it looks like normal red dates thou..i told him i wana cook red date tea one. then he passed that to me...

Bambini, actually this month i dont really count and dont even know when is the exact ovulation date. Detected positive on CD12 which i find a bit ridiculous, faint positive remain till CD16. So we just "do it"
happy.gif
. So not counting DPO for this cycle. A bit give up liao,not testing temp also.

for red date, i think with seeds one is more heaty so i bought seedless one. i'm having sore throat this morning, maybe too much heaty stuff. Chicken essence+LRD+durian
happy.gif

i always thought (out of superstitious reasons), the red dates must have seeds (子) .. of cos, i might be totally wrong as i have never prepared nor drink it before.

haha, dragon, Chicken essence+LRD+durian, no wonder sore throat la.

Ladies, Can i ask a silly question? When your DH accompany you to the clinic, does your DH also observe how Dr Lim probes and scan us? I just want to prepare my DH if i ask him to accompany me to dr lim.

Gingerbreadger, haha.. i cant imagine what my DH will do if Dr Lim were to glab my DH's balls.. (he probably wont do anything to dr lim, but maybe secretly angry with me for days..)

your dh canot obvserve. jus like if dr lim do physcial check on ur dh, u aso canot see. cause its all done behind curtain. the other party not be examine will sit outside the curtain. its quite profesionally done, so wun be awkward.

wah. i go back n check wther my dates got seeds or not. haha beta to b safe than sorry!

haha..Bambini, maybe true also
happy.gif
so from now onwards we should buy those with seed one! :p

hmm, it is quite standard procedure already. Every time walked-in, put down bag, walk to bed, took off pants. DH will just sit on the chair wait till the process finished.

Sore throat better liao, dont know why i am so so tempted to crab and durian le!

dear ladies, how was your week?

Im revisiting dr lim again on Sat, CD12. To measure the size of my eggs. (on CD7 it is only 7mm and 9mm.. still a long way to go until 18mm or so) Today is CD 10, time to start BD on alternate days.

Taking 3 shots of Gonal F and drinking fluimucil for 1 week.

Yesterday went for a beer with my colleagues, dunno if it will affect TTC.. sigh abit regret.

Dragon.. how is your sorethroat? better already?

gingerbreadger..when is your next visit to see dr lim?

phy.. how's things going? :>

yeahh!! finally someone updated. so quiet...

bambini> ur gonal f u self inject? how long hve u been w dr lim ah?

today is cd 15 for me. oni on metformin. actually i duno when to go back n see him. the nurse ask me to call on my nex menses start. she alreadi gime clomid, so i jus take myself.. then i'm suppose to call her, so to make appointment.. so i not sure.

normalli 1 cycle must see him how many times?

hey girls, finally back in action.
happy.gif

sore throat better already, stop drinking chicken essence for a few days.

good luck to you bambini, you going to try it on your own right! Relax ya! hope you can persuade your DH to go along on sat.

Gingerbreadger, usually CD7 or CD8 have to go back for scan to check your follicle. Depends on which plan you are taking, this cycle i only went back once on CD7 for scan then come home with 3 gonal-f injections. Last cycle i did SO-IUI so i went back on CD7,10 & CD15. By right should have to go back on CD12 but i really dont have time to go back as my workplace is too far from town. so i straight go to see doc on CD15 for IUI.

my Gonal-F, so far i haven't self-inject le! you girls are so brave! i always go back to my company doctor for injection.

sorry gals, havent been around for so long..

bambini - for LRD, the red dates without seeds will be less heaty. So if you belong to those easy-to-get-heaty type, better to get those seedless ones.

actually it's ok to drink alittle during TTC. I read from books that as long as not overdoing it, should be fine. I drank a couple of times too during my 2ww. But once you BFP, then don't drink bah.

gingerbreadger, i think those without seeds will look less full? can tell from the top part of the fruit if the seeds have been removed.

dragonhopes, u power lei.. still take durian. Im those that will get sorethroat, fever if I take too much durian.

Phy, LRD cannot drink everyday?

I think my body is cold type, that morning sore throat just there for awhile only. i am so tempted to eat durian and crab le! can't helped!

okie. some updates on me

morning sickness came last week and hit me strong. i have been vomitting everyday..

just this tues, I went for a scan with Dr Lim and we discovered in shock that I got triplets!! Dr Lim was so stunned. He said it's very rare and it has been a long time since he last got triplets.

I think two eggs got fertilized and one of them spilt into two so become three.

I was pretty upset when I learnt about it as Im not at all prepared for multiples, let alone the risk of having triplets as they likely arrive premature. So I cried and cried and cried.. But my family was telling me to be strong and it is a blessing.. so now im just hoping that I can keep them healthy, happy and strong and for as long as 35 weeks in my tummy!

so girls, jia you!

PHYLEE>>>> U GOT TRIPLETSS!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!VERY HAPPY FOR U!!!WOHOO!!!

last wk i was reading a triplets mtb blog.. quite interesting.. u can be more prepared.. it sounds expensive.. have to prepare like 100k for each baby for delivery...

www.winnietriplets.com

dragonhopes, i didnt take it everyday. Just alternate days. The other days I will take chicken essence.

jiayou girls! finally can sprinkle plenty of baby dust le.

yeah I was also frantically searching for triplets mummies and I saw this website. Her situation abit like mine too. Just jabs and got triplets. I hope I can be as strong as her, carrying her triplets to 35 weeks and each of them was above 2kg at birth! amazing..

Back