Can work stress resulted in MC?

wildrocketzz

I just had a MC and done the D&C surgery yesterday to evacuate it. My gynae said that my bb has not stopped growing at 6 weeks. She said that there's no specific reason for this. I actually found out that I was pregnant when I found a new job. I came in at the busiest period that's why I did OT almost everyday and went to work during weekends. The learning curve is very steep for me as well. At that moment, I felt that I might be exerting too much on myself...and this thing just happened to me now...Does work stress can actually affect development of bb and lead to MC? I hope to have some guidance...cos I'm considering to quit this job if this will affect my future pregnancy.

Work stress do not result in mc. If baby is not growing meaning your egg is most likely chromosome abnormal. You can try google search for it. If it's not good your body will have a way removing it which is why some start to bleed. Don't blame yourself for it. You can read up smh miscarriage thread, it is very common

I think stress does impact pregnancy. Try to focus on baby and body when you are pregnant. Neither your colleagues nor company will understand your pain when you lost your baby.

Hope you feel better.

D most imp thing is 2 b able 2 move on...

Don't look back n think what if...

There r many factors dat cold result in BB not growing.... It may or may not b due 2 u doing OT

As u have mentioned, u have just started on this new job... N d learning curve is steep Wat u need 2 consider is whether your JD will b continuously keeping u back in d office Or cos u r new 2 d JD n hence requires u 2 put in more hrs den usual during this learning stage

Hope u r feeling better

Last edited:
Hi, hope u'r recovering well.
I was told that ive empty gestation sac after i went for a scan yest.(my 6th week) I had 2 embryos transferred thru ivf and none seem to grow. Im also asking myself what had caused this.
Fyi, throughout the 6 weeks, i was in a total stress-free environment. I stopped work and had ample rest,doing things that i enjoy etc.. So i guess work stress isnt a major factor of mc.. Mayb luck plays a part here..

Back