Breastfeeding Support Group

hi absolut,

Previously I was pumping to freeze. Then I realised that at the rate I'm going, bb drinking ebm that is a few weeks old. So I threw away most of the frozen milk, and now bb is drinking only day old milk. No more frozen supply

my thought then was that if my supply really dip that low, at least it's as fresh as can be; worst case, just go on FM.

hi AC,

when my supply dips, I usually latch bb on in addition to pumping. Tried tandem pumping - helps. Sometimes siao siao, I pump already, then let bb suckle. Find that it helps to increase a bit.

My boy no pacifier, so me = pacifier. He never says no to me.

Other foods I took previously to increase: kuning fish, green papaya soup (just cook with pork or kuning, can get from Carrefour).

End of the day, I'm not sure what works. just woke up one morning, and found I could express that much....

absolute
I've been told it should be 700-800ml a day. Two main meals should be ok. Your bb should still be taking milk. Bb increasing her weight?

littleprince
Maybe you/hb can occasionally take leave just to enjoy coupletime. Or go for dinner, no need to leave bb overnite... if you don't work on Sat, go out on Fri evening.

Hi AC,
It helps to maintain yr supply if u wake up at nite to pump. In fact, I heard our body produces the most milk during those hrs!

giggler
if u can trust yr mum, then still okie .. i got no one to take care of my bb, except mil and now, nanny .. not too nice to trouble nanny too much since she charged me very low to take care of bb and i dun trust mil to take care for me .. yalor, milk also is a problem for me coz i am still trying to increase my ss so i dun want to go anywhere and miss my pumping / latching sessions ..

stylobb
the problem is my hubby works long hrs and so not easy to go out during wkdays, unless we apply leave on wkdays and leave bb at nanny's place .. and, i dunno if hubby will comment why i want to leave bb with his aunt instead of his mum if we want to enjoy coupletime and its not nice of me to keep complaining bcoz his mum this and that, so i dun wan to leave bb with her ..

qhl
hope my effort and yr advice will increase my ss ..
happy.gif
.. hopefully i wake up one morning and realise this also .. hehe ..

<font color="aa00aa">mtmtmt,</font>
ya, according to Mrs Wong, my gal shld at least be taking abt 700ml per day (4.69kg x 150) but cos i latch her on for a while b4 feed, so quite diff to track. somemore, she likes to take 30ml, 20ml per time (&amp; can take 1+ hr to make her finish the milk) except for midnight feeds when she takes 60ml at ard 1+am &amp; 4+am.

so i dun dare to give her 1 shot 60/70ml to feed cos will waste my EBM since can't keep long. i track until i give up cos too many feeds.

<font color="aa00aa">littleprince,</font>
but i dun latch oso get total 60ml per session from both breasts. anyway, my latch only max 5 mins &amp; she dun wanna try alr. so i guess at most only 10ml from the latch??

<font color="aa00aa">jas,</font>
now i oso do that.. wash wif pigeon wash &amp; final rinse wif hot water.. too lazy to keep sterilising.

<font color="aa00aa">absolut,</font>
thanks for the encouragment! i really need lots of that. Mrs Wong says what i lack is confidence and asks me to drink lots of fluid/soups.

really hope i can perservere another 1 wk, and 1 wk, and 1 wk and.....
happy.gif

yes, u'r right, most mums will resort to FM. okie, will let anyone know if they need EBM.

<font color="aa00aa">AC,</font>
u case (qty &amp; all) seems exactly the same as me leh!!! but u slightly better cos my gal alr considered 6wks old now
sad.gif
u still can catch up, dun worry.

<font color="aa00aa">cindi,</font>
i think ur bb still not 1 mth rite? dun stress urself too much... (though i'm stressed myself, but i'm beginning to "see open" a bit)

angelia,
yah difficult to track when latching direct, anyway not impt to track as long bb gaining wt fine. I only tracked when I was feeling ill- I stopped latching and pumped, so just monitored her appetite for those 3 days.

Oh my goodness, 1st 2 days she took about 720ml, we happened to go PD for oral thrush, and PD said she shld be taking abt 600+ml for her wt. Then yesterday... she took 800ml! *faints* All my EBM run out liao (I can't pump enough to meet supply cos w/o latching and being ill, my ss dropped by 100ml each day eeks)!

So today later, back to latching cos feeling better. I hope she doesn't scream too much- she tends to have nipple confusion and kick up an almighty fuss when we switch from easypeasy-bottle to "more-effort-breast".

littleprince

Since your nanny takes care of baby while you are at work, you can explain to your hubby that she (the nanny) knows the baby's needs, personality and routine best. So you two can take leave on a weekday and go out for a break?
happy.gif
Only with that can you relax, knowing that your baby is in good hands!

Hi all,

Like to find out from you mummies if anyone knows where we can buy the spare parts for Avent manual pump? Parts like the let-down massage cushion, white valve, etc.
My friend is giving birth next year and would like to borrow my pump since I have stopped BF. I thought it's better to buy new spares parts since the current ones are yellowish liao!

cclare

Hi

You can call Avent and tell them what you want to buy. They will tell you the cost and ask you to send a cheque to them. Upon receiving the payment, they will send the order to you. That's what I did. I bought the whatever acid used for cleaning the steriliser. They sent the packs to me very promptly. Hope this helps!
happy.gif

Hi QHL, you mean youll pump for more than half an hour each session. I only pump for abt 15min each session. Sometime less than 15min if theres little milk. So lucky for you that your milk ss just incr. My milk didnt incr even my yi-ma went home liao. Dont know if thats the sign for me to stop bfg. Sigh..

Hi littleprince, my mom really great help to me. Maybe Ill just go for a short holiday over the weekends.
happy.gif

Hi Stylobb

Yep ... baby's gaining weight. PD says she gaining weight normally now. Just wondering ... once bb learns how to take cereal, the cereal should replace 1 milk feed? Then how soon after should we introduce solids for the 2nd solids feed?

Actually I'm kinda worried coz I usually tandem pump in the morning during baby's first feed coz breasts will be very full after one whole night. But not intending to bring pump to Japan ... wondering if my body will know how to adjust. Really hope I won't get engorged breasts. Also, if that's the case, I suspect I won't get the same amount if I still wanna tandem pump in the morning after we get back from Japan.

Giggler ... you pump very fast. Sometimes when I find letdown really slow, I can pump up to 20 mins. In the past, can pump for 30 mins esp if qty is insufficient.

giggler
my hubby was telling me his colleague is going to malaysia again with his wife this wkend, was asking us if we want to go together .. i just kept quiet ..

brought rhyan to his nanny's place this am and he cried when i was abt to leave .. he seems to find it weird tt he is back at nanny's place again after 3 days at home with daddy and mummy .. so heartpain to see him cry till my tears almost drop out, he will frown then start to wail ..
sad.gif

breastfeeding
seems like we all got our "fan nao" on bfg .. think my ss starts to increase by a little over this long wkend, i get more milk when i only express 3 times compared to normal day of 4 times .. hope it continues to increase ..

went for chkup on fri nite and asked my gynae how come i dun experience engorgement etc .. she chkd my breasts and say its okie, no blocked ducts or anything .. says some ppl just dun experience such problems but doesn't mean this means not enough bm .. i somehow think its funny lor coz i will just pump and pump till no milk then okie, massage doesn't bring more milk also since not much lumps left after i pump ..

sharon
my gynae tells me no engorgement is good news leh, but i told her seems like only ppl who experience engorgement hv more bm .. hehe .. i use hand express after pumping to just clear the breasts but most of the milk come fm pumping using the avent pump, the medela's one like not good enough for me ..

rhyan's drinking consumption fllwd the fm can, think its 60-90ml range .. u chk and see? at 2wks, he was drinking fm only coz i was sick and cldn't bf him .. i only started expressing bm fm his 3rd wk and cont'd there for PBF .. rhyan still on PBF, me cannot TBF yet coz his dd grows faster than my ss but at least now its 60% bm, 40% fm .. previously was 20% bm, 80% fm at my mil's place .. now, he is drinking 120ml per feed (3hrs once) and may need even more soon ..

rhyan prefers left breast, he suckles longer compared to my right but think my both breasts still quite balanced lah .. hehe ..

dun feel too bad giving fm lah, i also learn to "kan kai" abit else i really very stressed .. at least i dun need to worry abt nursing when i bring him out lor since i usually give the EBM at home and FM outside .. though we know bm is good but so long as we do our best, at least sharwyn still benefiting fm PBF rather than TFM ..
happy.gif

are u bringing sharwyn to see us in office soon?

hi mommies...
so many postings over the past few days! finally reading them...

angelia,
i din wash pump with detergent when in office as find it a bit oily only. afraid cant wash off the detergent completely if use it so rather dun use.

stylobb,
oh u want to see me! me shy shy leh... btw when is the next gathering? shall see if can make it.

absolut,
would be good if can give bb fresh ebm if possible. sometimes find it pointless to use frozen ebm n save the fresh ones for future use. for my case i planned to slowly clear frozen ebm stock n then freeze new ones. but who knows my boy rejected frozen ebm tat are more than 2wks old. end up wasted alot of frozen ebm. find it heartpain n of coz would have just give bb fresh ebm rather than freezing them n throw later. but then we r always afraid ss decreases so much n not enough to meet their demand.

y not bringing a manual pump for ur japan trip? like tat can ensure ss maintain. else afraid body will receive signal tat milk not clear n dun have to produce so much milk.

wow this thread seems to be so active over the long weekends...
happy.gif

girl
thanks. looking back I am not sure how I am able to be so discipline for so many months... anyway it's ending soon...

giggler
I think occassionally it will be good to leave bb with bbsitter while you and hubby go spend couple time together, like my birthday both hubby and me apply for leave to go celebrate and only at night bring bb out to shop a while.

absolut
it will be best to throw away those frozen EBM expiry soon. I know it's heartpain coz I have done that before. It will be better to throw away than feed bb such milk. Maybe you want to consider to ask hubby to throw away for you or close your eyes when throwing into the bin.. this is what I did. After I throw I will not think about it.

agreed with QHL, whenever possible try to give as fresh EBM to bb. For me as I am stopping BF in a week time, now only express once a day, which will given to bb on the day itself. Not enough will give FM.

AC
yes you can still establish ss by expressing for need to be discipline and stick to the schedule like me.. it's not easy and quite tiring at times. there are several occassions where I doze off while pumping...
happy.gif

For me, I didn't wake up at nite to pump, after my last pump around 11pm, I will sleep and pump only the next morning around 6am. Me too tired liao, really need to sleep else will be drain out physically and mentally...
happy.gif

sharon
it the parts for avent manual assembled properly? Do you feel the suction of the pump?

If you want to go to expressing instead of latching, in order for ss to increase/maintain you need to keep to frequent pumping schedule like every 3 hourly. However, if you use hand-expressed, I think after a while you might be too tired out.

cclare
Try Cannon Avent tel 62685966. If nbr is incorrect, then check directory.

absolut
Yes, 1 feed will replace 1 milk feed. Jesse started 2 solids by the time he was 6 months. I find porridge can only last two hours, you monitor and see. He hardly takes cereal for the feed. I mix the white rice into his milk sometimes. He still loves his milk, 180-200ml every 3 hours, more for his last feed--- sometimes 240-260ml but sometimes less, cos he has tendency to drink at 8pm, then drink again at 9.30pm. I try to give less than 3 scoops at 8pm cos I feel the feeding time is too close.
Not even bringing the manual pump? But you are doing well, will be a pity if ss drops after that....

littleprince
Hope you'll have time to spend with hb.. altho most of our time is taken up by little one, we need to find time for each other too...and for ourselves.

mini
Why you shy shy? I usually like to talk to the mummies if there is opportunity... and put a face to the name.. the mummies are having gathering next month but I'll be off to KL ...

sharon
How you hand express ah? I never learn how to do it...

Dear all,

I'm a new member here. I've got a 2 years old son &amp; going to due in Jan 2005. need to check with you all regarding bf immediately after delivery. I remember I didn't have the whitish milk first, but some transparent liquid which I think is colostrum. I just let my boy suckle every time he cries as I assume he is hungry. But I dunno is that sufficient for him. He got into hospital 3 days later for poor feeding. My mum said he is hungry cos I didn't reproduce milk and he is suckling bit of colostrum &amp; air. Now with this new baby coming, I fear that history repeat itself. Cos my milk only came in few days after delivery. Anyone can share their experience? Do you feed the baby with FM during the first few days, but still let him suckle to trigger the milk production?

stylobb,
nice to go KL to relax. last yr i went KL near xmas season as no other place to relax as cannot take flight in last trimester. claimed mileage n got 2 nights free stay at mandarin oriental. so shiok to stay there as just beside KLCC, can go back hotel rest a while if tired.

yvonne,
after delivery i just latch my boy on while still in delivery suite. after tat will just latch him every 3hrs when in hospital ward. not sure if he is getting much milk or not. what i understand is just let him suck n was told to let him suck both breasts each abt 15min for each feeding. i persisted n din give any FM during the first few days. think would be good if the nurses/lactation consultant can comment if u have latch on properly or if ur bb has suckle properly. the nurses commented that my bb had latch on n suckle well.

Absolut
Like stylobb says, the cereal replaces 1 milk feed, but I think the milk intake at other times supposed to increase so that you maintain the total milk intake

Yvonne
My milk only came in on the 4th day.... Was very stressed cos my girl lost 180g on the second day. Managed to establish supply by pumping regularly. Couldn't depend on my bb to suckle cos she was often sleepy... Can ask the pd if there is a need to give FM, for my case the pd asked us not to supplement

hi cclare,

Avent office at Gateway - not sure which part. Near Bugis/Beach Road.

hi Giggler, yup, my sessions used to be an hour long each time. Now getting lazy, it's about 30min - unless my supply low &amp; I a bit desperate, then I will extend up to 45min. It's bearable cos i usually watch tv when pumping. I heard of pp who can fill up very fast - unfortunately I not one of those lucky pp.

I think past few days lack of fish, supply low. Had fish porridge and production went back to normal
happy.gif

Hi Yvonne, first few days my supply pathetic. Nurse squeezed and squeezed my breasts, and only 1/2 drops came out. I supplemented baby twice during my 2 day stay there. That's it.

Old pp always worry when they cannot SEE the amount bb is drinking. To date, my MIL always say bb not drinking enough if I latch him
angry.gif
She must have the milk put in bottle, then will conclude that bb is full.

Just try not to stress. Heard that breasts massage help to stimulate production (but if done too vigorously/often, may trigger contractions).

Hi absolut, does that mean I shd prolong my pumping session? Why not you bring the manual pump to Japan?

Hi littleprince, your hubby wants to go with his friend? Maybe you shd find time to go out with him without Rhyan along hor?

Hi Jas, where did you go on your bday? My wedding anniversary coming next week so thot of taking leave and spend some time with hubby without Vane.
happy.gif

Hi yvonne, I just let bb suckle during the 1st few days. Maybe you can get help from the lactation consultant in the hospital once after your delivery?

Any of you experience similar symptons like mine? Since last week i have been experiencing tinkling sensation (like pins and needles) on my upper back on and off. Dunno if it is anything serious or just due to strain as i have to carry my pump in style bag, baby and my work bag almost every morning to take bus and send my bb to in laws place.Or could it due to wrong posture when carrying her, sitting ,etc. Kinda worried if nerves or spine got problem. Since delivery my health has not been very good.

I read that some of you supplement with formula, the tin actually says must finish within 1 month after opening but for most of us who are breastfeeding it is not possible to do so and think we do give bb the formula even about 1 month? yesterday i gave my bb the leftover formula and poor bb she actually phewed a few times in the MRT while hubby is carrying her in sling and again when we reach home. Imagine when adults phewed it is already a terrible feeling let alone bb. Those of you who offer leftover formula to bb got similar experience?

mini
Me also lurve M.O.!! and yes, will be staying there... luxury man, the rate is so ex by M'sian standard...
Used to watch midnite show and then walk back to hotel...hehe

yvonne
Congrats on 2nd bb! Boy or gal???
Me also asked for bb to be brought to me the moment I was cleaned... so I let him latch on, maybe this really helped cos my bb never had problem latching on, altho I did improve after the nurse taught me how to do it properly. I think must latch on asap so that to send signal to brain to start milk production ... hehe..

Giggler
My anniversary also coming but hb said makan must include bb, I also dun mind lah...

Hi gals,

Been away for so long..come in to read read but usually no time to post. Took Friday off so had a long weekend..but feel very tired cos baby's sleeping pattern changes again..now got to wake up like 2-3 times at night.

Hi Giggler,
How's Vane with cereal? My baby doesn't seem to take a lot of cereal leh..dunno if it is becos it's too bland. I gave him a bit of apple juice last night and he made funny face. Think it was sour.

MIL fed him some banana today. Finally he's 6 mths old..time to introduce more solids. Need to learn how to prepare baby food, if not my baby will starve cos mum can't cook.

Hi QSG,
I also have back problem. Now got to go for physio occasionally. Think bf always deprives us of calcium so got to take more calcium. I bought this baby carrier, but dun dare to carry him too long in case I injure my back. Better be careful. is your hubby around to help you take some things?

I also cannot finish the tin within the stipulated 1 month..but I try to scoop out part of it and put into another tin so dun have to keep opening the tin and exposing the powder. But I try not to use it too long after expiry.

Hi Mini / Giggler / Stylobb

Think my body only can let down with dual pump now. The last time I tried with Avent manual, pumped til one side bled and couldn't even get 60ml. The other day, had something wrong with one side of my dual pump and tried to do single pump and once again, letdown was quite bad ... only got 2/3 of usual qty. No choice if milk qty reduce ... at least I can still latch her on in the morning and she'll get fresh BM in the morning and night.

Hmm ... maybe I should just try and feed her more in Japan ... maybe try and feed her 2 hour interval in the morning so can clear my breasts. hee hee ... make use of my daughter like that so I dun need to bring pump.

stylobb / giggler
hubby wanted me to go with him together, he wun go without me .. hehe .. but rhyan is still so small, i dun want to leave him overnite without me yet .. will work out something, maybe ask him to take leave on a wkday and we go out lor ..

QSG
my formula milk powder finishes in less than a mth, but didn't know tt cannot keep more than a mth ..

hmm .. i had terrible backache after my delivery, looks like must take care of my back else the problem may come back again ..

sharon
dun worry abt managers ard lah, they wun say anything since its only once in a while ..
happy.gif

stylobb
so I will have my choco biscult this thursday? hee hee
happy.gif

so you cannot join us for the christmas party ah?

giggler
Yeah you should. We just catch a romance movie and afterwhich followed by high tea at Equinox at the Swissotel stamford hotel (70 storey). Nothing special but is fine coz it's only two of us.

QSG
My boy got no such problem. Alternatively, you can get the smaller tin (400g) instead of the normal (900g) tin.

sharon
normally should feel the suction. the funnel should be in complete seal with the breast. Better check and compare, I can't imagine me doing hand express, really tiring. However, there are some who prefer hand express.

Hi styloBB, my hubby also said to bring bb along if we go for holiday. But I still haven't decide where to go leh. Any suggestion for bb-friendly place to go for holiday?

Hi Masshiro, my gal likes the rice cereal. I give her Dumex and Heinz and she likes both. What happened to your boi? For my gal, her sleeping pattern gets better these few days. She only wake up once nowadays (touching wood now). You getting any blender or slow cooker to prepare bb food?

Hi absolut, good idea hor? So you found a ready pump just beside you.
happy.gif

Hi littleprince, I think it'll be ok if it's just one nite?

Masshiro,

What kind of back problem you have? Where u go for your physio? Is it better now?

I had lower backache for 2 months after delivery now no more backache but came the tinkling sensation
sad.gif
...its like 1 problem after another..

My hubby works on shifts and we do not go work together so it is straining for me esp i dun use to carry heavy stuff in the past.

Masshiro
I wanted to sms you but I forgot cos too sleepy myself...hehe.... like a zombie. I went to the mummies' gathering after all.
BB changed pattern ah, I understand... we also dun know why, hb and I always ask each other but we dun quite get any answer, sometimes hb's deduction is correct... Tired hor... try to stay with a routine so that bb will settle down when it comes to bedtime. I also dun know why jesse tossed and turned this morning, I got quite agitated cos he refused to sleep...then I think he fussed till his hunger pangs came, gave him milk and he dozed off after drinking! Haiyah....
Food - very easy if you make porridge using slow cooker. Over weekend, I soaked the scallop and when it's soft, I cut into very tiny pieces and boil with porridge. Porridge smells and tastes sweet. Also added potato and broccoli and fish.
I bought a pack of Heinz cereal, might wanna try it with milk.

absolut
Provided she's hungry and doesn't doze off...hehe....(she's probably thinking: how come so much food ah?? hehe)... the weather is quite cold you gotta find place to feed each time...?? Do they have nursing rooms available?

sharon
Mummies are most wei da! The thing we do just to get bm!! Dun give up, try your best! We support you!!!
I think if I hand express, wait until dawn breaks, also not much milk! So I used dual electric pump lor...hehe... I gave up manual pump cos so tiring.. fyi, I am no longer b/feeding, my boy is coming to 11 months, same as Jas' boy, stopped b/feeding when he was 6.5 months.
I am quite sad leh, cos macham like never experienced letdown.. think mine was slow and steady flow...hehe... but I direct latched most of the time for my boy lah.
I think you gotta do it at regular intervals to establish the supply, in about 6 weeks.

littleprince
FYI I left my boy with mum and mil for 2 nites and hb/I went KL the last time... he was only 2 months, but I could not tahan already, physically and emotionally very tired. Now I look back and dun regret.. I find that we should not have this guilty feeling lor... I always want my boy to be independent but of course I am not abandoning him lah.

giggler
We try out KL first....hehe... take a break, eat and relax.. but hor, so many things to bring leh... bb's list seems so long while hb and my stuff only takes up one bag and it's light!!!! I think it's easier when bb reach one year old, what do you think? At least when it comes to food, not so particular. Shucks, nowadays so many options for cheaper airfares...

jas
Yah hor, I forgot I'm seeing you...Famous Amos cookies ok or not?????
The same day I confirmed the trip was when they also confirmed the gathering...ended up same day...

QSG
You also wei da!! You mean you carry everything everyday??? Gosh! Is it becos you bend your back when carrying bb? Gotta take care hor.

giggler / stylobb
think i am too protective of my boy, cannot take it when i see him cry till tears drop out .. think i will only leave him overnite in another few mths' time lah but definitely not with my MIL .. most prob will leave him overnite with nanny when he is quite used to her place, if we are going anywhere ..

stylobb
how did u go to KL? drive there?

anyone dun feel good going to MIL's place, just like me? after my confinement, i always feel tt MIL's place is very noisy tt it gets on my nerves whenever i bring rhyan there .. MIL talks very loudly and very rough when handling rhyan .. but hv to go once a wk to visit her since rhyan is afterall her grandson .. the only thing i can do is to only bring him there in the evening so tt can go home in 2-3hrs time ..

stylobb,

ya have to carry at least about 3 times in the morning and 3 times at nite. If hubby on morning shift then i bring her there if afternoon shift, i bring her home...very "siong"...i also dunno how long i can "dong". Sleep deprived...go to work early in the morning already sleepy, have to struggle to stay awak even more so in the afternoon, can't concentrate at work, will probably affect work
sad.gif

Think the back problem related to bending, posture and weight of load i am carrying...dunno what exactly is wrong...the sensation is only once last week these few days almost every 5 to 10 i experience the sensation. Really a big price to pay to have a bb...my delivery was tramatic enough now still got problems.

stylobb
just joking with you... no need to get any choco biscult for me lah... me must start dieting already... target to at least shred off some KGs by next year CNY.

giggler
next year Sept/Oct might plan to bring my boy to Australia. at this point just a thought, will decide when the date gets nearer.

absolut,
have u tried tandem pumping with avent manual before? tandem pumping using avent manual or electric pump should be easy since baby suck the other side will create let-down. i also hate to pump one side using avent manual n ameda electric coz cant recreate let-down. but no problem with both when do tandem pumping. yar if ur girl is cooperative n willing to suck more then save the trouble.

stylobb,
hmm..good qns abt nursing room in japan. so far din come across any. or mayb they r not noticeable?

this time u will bring Jesse to KL?

littleprince
I think our hearts surely soften when bbs cries esp when we leave them to the caregiver.....I think we all want our mums to take care lor.
Hb ever drove, but this time will take the executive coach.
Me feel like you, dun really like to go mil's place, cos very boring leh, nothing to do.. plus she's particular about cleanliness...I also have nothing much to say to her. When bb was new born, we gotta quite a lot of different ways of caring for bb... thankfully hb is very supportive. That is not to say she is not good, she is actually very helpful and is doing us big favour by fetching us. Usually she comes over to our place, cos weeknites she fetches us back from mum's place, about 3 times a week...depends whether hb/I have programme on.

QSG
You live far from mil? You take MRT or bus?? Can afford to take taxi instead?
How old is your bb now?
I certainly understand your fatigue...we all mummies go thru it. Cheer up... bb will be bigger in a few months' time and hopefully easier to handle. What do you mean by traumatic delivery? normal or C-section??
Come and destress, we will listen to you.

jas
You dun want ah? I really wanted to buy for you leh, as a reward for hanging in there for so long!!!

mini
Yep, we are bringing him.. gotta start him on rough and tough travel...hehe...
Btw went to the Parents Room at Paragon, pretty impressed.. they have hot/cold water dispenser.
What's your boy's name? He was born in Mar right?
Got quite a number of new people here, I gotta update myself liao.

Hi QSG,
Mine is a long term problem..scolosis, basically a slightly crooked spine. The aching is esp bad during the menses period..that time pain until I couldn't walk properly..even sneezing brought about acute pain..terrible. Only went for physio once. Missed the last one. Forgot about it.

Better take care of back cos once injured very difficult to heal. I born with problem so no choice. Bending and carrying baby definitely puts a lot of strain on the back.

Maybe you should see an orthopaedic.

Hi Stylobb,
thanx for the tips on the porridge. Just printed out some recipes from the web. Wil try out some puree over the weekend. Do you make in larger quantity and freeze? How long can the puree last in frozen form?

I just came back from a night stay at Ritz Singapore wtih hubby and baby. Gosh it's tiring with a baby. His barang barang more than ours.

Hi giggler,
I'm only giving Heinz cereal..maybe I'll try dumex next time. Is it rice based as well? I dun know why he keeps waking up, we suspect he's hungry. Prob going through growth spurt now??
I'm bringing him for his 6in1 jab today. Hopefully next weekend can go for swimming class already.

Hi Giggler,

forgot to answer you. Yes, I've got slow cooker and blender. Got to figure out how to use them. I dun cook so got to learn everything from scratch.

Hi styloBB, I gave Vane the Heinz rice cereals and she likes it. I think one yr easier, at least can take more food liao. Me thot of going cruise but very ex leh.

Hi littleprince, you shd always tell yourself that it's norm that bb cries. For me, my mil stays with me so got no such problems.

Hi Jas, Aussie also. Seems like quite a few mums bringing their kids to Aussie hor?

Hi Masshiro, the dumex one has cow's milk in it so only need to add warm water. Me still looking for slow cooker and blender.

stylobb
i agree my MIL is good by nature, just tt she drives me crazy at times with her loud voice and kan cheong-ness when rhyan makes noise ..
sad.gif

how much does it cost to take a coach to KL for two?

pink tulip/stylobb/QHL,

thanks for the info.

Sharon,
Keep it up. You should be able to feel the suction on using the Avent manual pump. Better check the condition of the pump.
I did not feel any engorgement too. But still manage to TBF for 4 mths. Don't worry. Continue to BF and the milk flow will come.

Hi All

Thanks for your concern. Come to think of it ... maybe will consider bringing a pump ... either Avent or maybe even my ameda pump lah. At least should try to maintain supply for the sake of bb right? even if dun totally empty breast ... at least if too full, can pump some out so body will know that it still has to produce milk.

Also asking my helper to increase bb's milk feed to see if she can take more these days so can help mommy finish the milk ss quickly. Then mommy dun have to throw away the milk. hee hee! May be time to increase her milk feed since she always finishes her milk to the last drop.

stylobb,

in laws stay in jurong area also but quite costly if take cab everyday plus we usually take cab during weekends when we go out also and unless you call a cab have to walk out to main road then got cabs for you to flag.My bb gal, Dana will be 4 months by next week. My delivery was traumatic bec i went thru 9 hours of labour, tried forceps and vaccum and in the end still end up emergency c-section...got 2 wounds to heal...took me quite some time to got over the turn of events.

Giggler,

I saw a baby food processor at JP Kiddy Palace cost about 39.90 good for making some portions of baby food, maybe u can check it out if it suits your needs. Will probably buy this also in about 1-2 months time.

Masshiro,

where to get the recipes from? which website? Btw, how long does it take to cook porridge using slow cooker? We use normal rice is it?

Yvonne
I think my milk came in on the 3rd/4th day, tt's when the breast got engorgement. B4 tt, I only had some colostrum. No need to worry abt the 1st 3 days, they got reserves to last them for that 3 days. Bbs also will lose wt after they are born, they gain back after the 1st wk or so. Just make sure u seek help from the lc abt latching, diff bf position and do feed on demand initially. If u really want to supplement, can offer bb a little glucose water or formula during the 1st 3 days, just give by spoon. If not, might result in nipple confusion.

Stylobb
Jesse appetite still gd hor. Dun know what's wrong with Ivan, he's been taking very little solid fd and wants to bf more often. Always asking for "nan nan". I suspect its due to teething.

Giggler/Jas
I think Australia is quite a gd place to bring bb. Nice weather and not too ex. We might be going there again next yr.

stylobb,
yup, my boy born in Mar, same day as Girl's girl. his name is Jonathan, usu write jon in short. wanted to find a name that means God's gift n feel this one is the best.

absolut,
Japan is using 100V voltage, so if to bring ameda pump have to use batteries or transformer. my ameda pump battery part not working n the other time have to bring transformer to japan. so troublesome.

Back