Betrayed and Lost

JS Mum

I am married for 6 years and my husband and I are both 35 years old based in Singapore. We were high school sweethearts and knew each other since we were 16. He is my first love and so am I to him. I fell in love with him for two main reasons; he is very shy with girls unlike my other guy friends and religious. We both went off to universities in different states. I remain totally loyal to him despite being famous in the university and had many proposals by guys with better look, money and future. I was madly and deeply in love with him until reality hits me. I discovered he was cheating me with few girls from his university. I discovered the extent of his cheating bit by bit. I discovered he choose to lose his virginity with a slut rather than me. He slept around with two sluts and we had a very rough situation. Fighting and break ups and getting back together. While this happening, he had a relationship with another new girl. I wanted to break up, but loved him too much to let go. I trusted his words and believed his tears and he swore on me and his mother that he is a changed man.

Fast forward, we got jobs in the same city and I tested him once using my mum’s number and he entertained “the girl” without knowing it’s me and went to the extent of meeting her at the agreed place. He got busted and again the drama of crying, begging and asking for my forgiveness happened. And I again stupidly believed him, all because I still love him so very much.

Moving on, we got married and had problem in conceiving baby. It took us 4 years to conceive and docs said it was his problem. I was happily married despite the occasional regrets of why he cheated on me and the occasional cries in the shower thinking about the past despite in has been 10 years since it happened. I do at times reminds him the pain he had caused me and he will confidently brushed it off saying it was before we were married and he is a loyal husband now. That he has never ever even think of cheating on me since we were married. He always asks me if I have any regret in marrying him and I always will answer him I am happy with him, coz that’s what I felt. I was happily married to my first love and glad I gave him a second chance. That was what things were until the day I discovered the truth, about a year ago.

It was the day we returned from a week long family vacation, my husband, the 7 months pregnant me and our 1 year old son. He went for a company lunch party that day and later at night I accidently discover from his WhatsApp messages the conversations he had with few women. It was all sexual and asking for a quick meet up for sex that day, and he did that while he was at the lunch party. I still can feel the chill I had that moment while reading the messages. I refused to believe it. The next day, I used a new number and contacted him as a random slut. Instant replies and non-stop sexual conversation. Few days of chatting and arranged to check in to hourly hotel for mutual sex. There I was with a 7 months pregnant belly walking towards him and caught him red handed waiting for the “slut”. I cried, screamed, begged, throw tantrum, hit myself in front of him. Wish to die but I was carrying my baby in me. She saved me that day. He confronted to me he had only slept with a GRO once since we were married. The rest were just online sex chatting, video calls and few casual meet ups that didn’t end with sex. It has been happening all the while, before and after we were married.

I came from a very conservative family and society. I personally believe divorce will ruin a child’s life. And I will never ever want to be the cause for that to happen to my two innocent babies. He saw how tortured I was and begged me by holding my feet not to leave him and not to take the babies away from him. He confronted two of our guy friends and they were utterly shocked and advised him to change. He swears on my unborn child that he will never ever do it again and to give him 1 final chance. He told me to leave him if he ever does it again. With only focusing on my baby son and my unborn daughter, I sucked it up, all my pain and misery and stayed on.

Went to my parents place for confinement. Was reminding him all the time on the promises he made to me. Was away for 2 months at my parents place. He would visit us every weekend. Came home after confinement and in just 10 days discovered more dirty secrets. I discovered deleted chat history with an Indonesian maid. The conversation is about asking her to have sex with him AGAIN. It was so disgusting to read what he wrote to her. Confronted him with the proofs in my hand. Managed to make him tell me everything he had done. He finally admitted of cheating me all the while and even NOW.

I was shaking and shivering as he told me all this. He was with me in the labour room two months back and witnessed the pain I went through delivering our daughter. I had bad stiches and was in terrible pain, both physically and mentally. Was telling him everyday how painful it is. And now to realise he knew and saw what I’m going through and yet choose to hunt for women and managed to have sex with 2 women for few times while I was going through hell. All this happened only 2 months after all the promises and begging. I can’t describe my pain.

He told me he has been going to prostitutes and massage parlours that offers sex services, before and after marriage. Told me he would have slept with more than 25 prostitutes excluding the massage parlours. He had been using MSN Massager all this while for sex chats and video calls and switched to Wechat 3 years back. Since using Wechat, he managed to meet women from all walk of life and ethnicity for sex. It includes dates which didn’t end up with sex and first meeting set in hotel rooms for sex. He admitted of having sex with single mother aged 23, few Indonesian and Philippines maids, a married woman who is 5 years older than him. This is mutual sex and he doesn’t need to pay them. He only spends on the hourly hotel rooms. I even called some of them using the number I retrieved from his phone and true enough it all happened. The worst is, he had sex with some of them without condom and ejaculated in them!

All this happened during office hours as I will be stuck in my office and his job nature allows him to go wherever he likes. He drives me to my workplace and picks me after office. Never ever spend the night or weekends out without me. Which wife will ever suspect a husband who goes to work at 8am and back home at 6pm and never goes out at night without me?

This confrontation happened 8 months back, in July 2015. I was numb, beyond feelings I can describe. Wanted so so badly to die. But I’m still fully breastfeeding my daughter. I need to be alive for my babies. I need to give them the perfect family to grow up in, like the perfect happy family I grew up in. My husband seems sad for few weeks, promised me all kind of things, told me he needs help, that he is addicted and can’t control himself despite knowing the consequences. He went to SLAA meeting only once and said it didn’t suit him and feels counselling is not helpful too. As months went by, he seems to be happy with life.

I on the other hand, nothing changed in me for nearly a year now. I still cry every single day when I’m alone. I feel like physically hurting myself when I’m alone. I’m very very broken inside. Finally, my love for him is not as it used to be before. Everyday I wish all this is just a bad dream. The picture of him being intimate with all this women plays in my mind non-stop. Yet, no one knows what I’m going through. I smile, laugh and act very normal to every single person who knows me. But, at the very moment, my heart and soul feel tormented and no way to run. I feel dead. I just don’t know how to explain my pain here. He still swears he loves me and only me and can’t live without me. That all the other women are only to fulfil his lust and can’t match me. Why the person I love and trust the most in this world is doing this without mercy to me?

Its very devastating to read your story, my heart goes all out to you. I just want to let you know, divorced parents really does not equate to a ruined life for your child. My parents divorced when I was 10 and I am emotionally and physically growing well through my life.

Your children will be in pain to see you in pain when time comes. Stay happy for your children! I hope the best for you :)

Dear Monicab and Vac, I'm still not ready for divorce. My kids are one and three years old. Everyday, when my husband and I reach home from work, my son would be waiting for us at the door and run to us. My little daughter would crawl towards us. I don't want to take away the joy my kids get from both their parents everyday. I have to admit my husband is a great dad. He loves the kids dearly and they are his life as they are to me. He does give full attention to them when he is home everyday from work and spend the entire weekend entertaining them. As I wrote in my post earlier, that is the reason i had no idea on what he was doing to me during his office hours. Bcoz, he is the best husband till the day I knew his other part.

Whenever I think of divorce, I remember what my good friend's only son who is just 7 years old told me once. He told me to not take my baby away from the father as the baby will be very sad. He told me this when I was pregnant . He is a sweet child who is suffering because my good friend is also a divorcee. I'm witnessing how this boy is suffering from attitude problems at home and school. I have seen and hear many stories of children from broken family. I wouldn't want that to happen to my own children. If only my husband is abusive or has cold attitudes towards the children, i would have walk out of this marriage way long ago.

My parents are happy and at peace, thinking their daughter is enjoying a wonderful life, loving husband, beautiful kids and successful career. My mum is a cancer survivor. I wouldn't want to take away their happiness at this old age. Basically, I'm willing to endure this marriage to keep my loved ones happy. I'm now looking desperately a way to accept what has happened and how to face it while i remain in this marriage. How can I make my husband to see and realise what he has done to me? How can I make him to regret to his core that cheating and sleeping around is not normal?

Its very devastating to read your story, my heart goes all out to you. I just want to let you know, divorced parents really does not equate to a ruined life for your child. My parents divorced when I was 10 and I am emotionally and physically growing well through my life.

Your children will be in pain to see you in pain when time comes. Stay happy for your children! I hope the best for you :)

I'm happy to know you could manage your parents divorce well Mayochuu.. I'm trying very hard to stay happy for my kids... they are my only happiness..

Hi JSmum,

You are becoming a iceberg. There is no outlet for your pain and sorrow and you know this utterly negative emotion is always in you. You cannot go on like this, he is a sex addict and he needed help too! Can u go for counselling? It would be great if both of you can go for marriage counselling. It really Helps. Please try that.

You can go to your constituency family service centre, they had that service at a reasonable rates.

I went through rough patches in my marriage 4 years ago, which almost lead to divorce, we had 2 kids, 3 years old and one then.

The mariage counsellor was very professional and they can point us to the root cause, let us see more of our own character. They are the only people whereby you can let out all your feelings, fear and emotion ( same for your husband) without being judged. Session after session things will be better n clearer.

Hi JS mum, hang in there, your babies need you ... DIVORCE IS NOT THE SOLUTION... pls dun think of it , tearing up the family n sending wrong signals to the little one hurting them...No, dun think of it.

If you both r Christians, your hb need deliverance, contact Sozo (church of our saviour tel: 65 8182 3909 for an appointment or email) ... they hv a professional team to help.

It's no point to seek counselling, his roots r deeper than you realise n only God can give total deliverance. I may sound spiritual but take a step back n think. Unless he's totallly imbecile ,he will seek sex whenever there's opportunity cos Hes incest with sex. It's like smoking heroine addiction or cigarettes addiction... no medication or therapy will work ...even if it does, it's only a brief time ..a ticking time bomb n you will wonder if the miracle counsellor or pill really did a clean thorough job totally...then one day, all hell break loose again.

Pray earnestly, pray like the persistent widow ( Luke 18:1-4)

Only fear of God can yr hb b totally free. The world gives you only temporary solution with a time clock.

Be strong gal, your bb need you. Peace be unto you

God bless.

Last edited:
Maybe not the best idea, but this is what i will do if it happens to me as i would try to keep the marriage.

I will ask my husband to perform some procedures to kill his sexual urges. Then only i will be able to live with peace of mind knowing that he no longer goes to those women. But that also means that i no longer have any initmate relationship with my husband. Which im fine since after so many eposides of betrayal, i dont want to be on the same bed as him.

Hey JS Mum,

I am not in your shoes but certainly understood how miserable and betrayed you felt all these while.

I try to see from a logic side at the situation and realised that your husband may be suffering from some phycology issues thus causing him to have this abnormal bad habit. A counsellor probably can't help because they may not understand this strange fetish of his.

If keen on salvaging, try to explore in professional phycology help for him and understand what is his exact problem.

I am totally enraged reading your post. What kind of man is this.
We can't decide for you to stay or leave.
However, I would like to suggest one thing to wake his "bloody" mind up.
I don't think this is some kind of sickness. What a person without any ethics.

ONE fine day, when he comes back. Tell him that you been diagnosed with HIV. You tell him that he better go check on it.
Let him be afraid and be sleepless for a few nights till he gone for the check up. * cross fingers.
Let him realize the pain, hurt and possible dangers he is inflicting on you and the babies.
If that still doesn't wake him up. The answer is yours!
Irresponsible lad. Sorry to lament him.

Hi J'S Mum,

I'm so sorry to hear of ur terrible situation..It must be mentally and emotionally tiring for u to go through this yourself, and yet still be there for ur children..

I am a child whose parents also divorced..I wasn't very young then so I remembered all the fights and tears till this day..It was a pretty emotional period for me as well and I felt like I simply had no one to talk to abt this..

But on hindsight, I think what's most impt is for the kids to see their parents happy..since ur husband has refused to respect ur concerns on his infidelity then I think u are kinda like both the mummy and daddy to ur kids ( pardon me for being blunt but it seems he may not be a good role model)

As I said, children want their parents to be happy. Happy parents means happy children. Since u are their main, if not sole, caregiver, I think they are not concerned if their parents are divorced. Happy divorced mummy is better than sad and married mummy. If u are happy, then u can provide them with a happy environment for them to grow. Many children in single parent families grow up fine :)

Also I know u are a religious woman..maybe Catholic or Christian? But tbh, I dun think god will ever hate u for having a divorce...u havr given ur husband plenty of chances to change but he hasn't...I think god will understand our limits. .

Do what ur heart tells u..If divorce makes u a happier woman them do it..but I suggest dun stay married for the kids..A happy mummy is most impt :)

Also, children of divorce dun end up worse...trust me..But I think ending ur marriage amicably with yr husband is impt if u choose to end the rs.

Good luck

Actually there are many men like your hubby who seek out women for fast sex, ons, affairs and the thrill of adulterous sex. Our MP David Ing and Wendy is such a couple.

Until these men realise how their actions will hurt them, they will continue to do it. This is because they think they have nothing to loose.

So I advice you to leave him. No point suffering while he enjoys. Just cut out this virus from your life.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you're going through this, but also I'm sorry that you'll probably have to continue going through this for the rest of your life until you finally decide to leave. Which you should have the first moment he cheated on you. Cheating on you is never just cheating on you. First of all, gross, I wouldn't even want to touch such a man again. A stray cat is probably cleaner. And secondly, and more importantly, the betrayal, the disrespect, the arrogance, the ego, the lying.... NO, just no. You can't put up with a man like that. Neither for you nor the children. Sorry but the minute he did such a thing, he LOST the privilege of having a wonderful wife AND his children. If there were any way of getting a restraining order, I totally would. This man has a problem and he shouldn't be allowed loose in society even. I know your "love" for him is making you blinded to these things, and trust me, I've been there before and felt that way before, but idle threats will never mean anything, you can make any number of ultimatums - he's not changing. You only have one option which is to leave. Your children are even better off without him, honestly. This is the best way you can teach them that "NO MEANS NO", so that they won't repeat the mistakes that you have already made staying with him time after time. This way, staying with him, you're teaching them that it's okay for them to disrespect their partners and get away with it too? They might not understand it now, but one day they're gonna grow up, they're gonna find out, they're gonna have questions. And your ACTIONS now will make a whole lot of difference in teaching them right from wrong than any WORDS you could ever say. Think about what YOU'RE doing to harm your own children by staying. Again, I'm sorry, but this is more serious than you think. It's not just your emotional scars here at stake.

And by the way, you're listening to a 7-year-old boy about life advice? Life that he hasn't even lived? Life that for him at the moment feels that way, but as an adult, you should know better and have the responsibility and wisdom to make better choices for your children in the long run.

Oh, but. On the other hand, I wanted to say, when you choose to accept a man as your husband, you choose to accept all of him, flaws and all. Of course, when you accepted him, you didn't know you were accepting this part of him. So technically speaking, you DO get to ask yourself now, can I accept him for who he is? ALL of him? Including all these flaws of his? Can I accept that he will be like this all our lives? Can I accept and put up with this kind of life forever? Give yourself this chance. Everyone else will just have to respect your choice. But most importantly, can you?

It's men like this one who give men a bad name.

JS mum, how are you now ? What did you do ? Did you divorce this scumbag of a man ?

I am married for 6 years and my husband and I are both 35 years old based in Singapore. We were high school sweethearts and knew each other since we were 16. He is my first love and so am I to him. I fell in love with him for two main reasons; he is very shy with girls unlike my other guy friends and religious. We both went off to universities in different states. I remain totally loyal to him despite being famous in the university and had many proposals by guys with better look, money and future. I was madly and deeply in love with him until reality hits me. I discovered he was cheating me with few girls from his university. I discovered the extent of his cheating bit by bit. I discovered he choose to lose his virginity with a slut rather than me. He slept around with two sluts and we had a very rough situation. Fighting and break ups and getting back together. While this happening, he had a relationship with another new girl. I wanted to break up, but loved him too much to let go. I trusted his words and believed his tears and he swore on me and his mother that he is a changed man.

Fast forward, we got jobs in the same city and I tested him once using my mum’s number and he entertained “the girl” without knowing it’s me and went to the extent of meeting her at the agreed place. He got busted and again the drama of crying, begging and asking for my forgiveness happened. And I again stupidly believed him, all because I still love him so very much.

Moving on, we got married and had problem in conceiving baby. It took us 4 years to conceive and docs said it was his problem. I was happily married despite the occasional regrets of why he cheated on me and the occasional cries in the shower thinking about the past despite in has been 10 years since it happened. I do at times reminds him the pain he had caused me and he will confidently brushed it off saying it was before we were married and he is a loyal husband now. That he has never ever even think of cheating on me since we were married. He always asks me if I have any regret in marrying him and I always will answer him I am happy with him, coz that’s what I felt. I was happily married to my first love and glad I gave him a second chance. That was what things were until the day I discovered the truth, about a year ago.

It was the day we returned from a week long family vacation, my husband, the 7 months pregnant me and our 1 year old son. He went for a company lunch party that day and later at night I accidently discover from his WhatsApp messages the conversations he had with few women. It was all sexual and asking for a quick meet up for sex that day, and he did that while he was at the lunch party. I still can feel the chill I had that moment while reading the messages. I refused to believe it. The next day, I used a new number and contacted him as a random slut. Instant replies and non-stop sexual conversation. Few days of chatting and arranged to check in to hourly hotel for mutual sex. There I was with a 7 months pregnant belly walking towards him and caught him red handed waiting for the “slut”. I cried, screamed, begged, throw tantrum, hit myself in front of him. Wish to die but I was carrying my baby in me. She saved me that day. He confronted to me he had only slept with a GRO once since we were married. The rest were just online sex chatting, video calls and few casual meet ups that didn’t end with sex. It has been happening all the while, before and after we were married.

I came from a very conservative family and society. I personally believe divorce will ruin a child’s life. And I will never ever want to be the cause for that to happen to my two innocent babies. He saw how tortured I was and begged me by holding my feet not to leave him and not to take the babies away from him. He confronted two of our guy friends and they were utterly shocked and advised him to change. He swears on my unborn child that he will never ever do it again and to give him 1 final chance. He told me to leave him if he ever does it again. With only focusing on my baby son and my unborn daughter, I sucked it up, all my pain and misery and stayed on.

Went to my parents place for confinement. Was reminding him all the time on the promises he made to me. Was away for 2 months at my parents place. He would visit us every weekend. Came home after confinement and in just 10 days discovered more dirty secrets. I discovered deleted chat history with an Indonesian maid. The conversation is about asking her to have sex with him AGAIN. It was so disgusting to read what he wrote to her. Confronted him with the proofs in my hand. Managed to make him tell me everything he had done. He finally admitted of cheating me all the while and even NOW.

I was shaking and shivering as he told me all this. He was with me in the labour room two months back and witnessed the pain I went through delivering our daughter. I had bad stiches and was in terrible pain, both physically and mentally. Was telling him everyday how painful it is. And now to realise he knew and saw what I’m going through and yet choose to hunt for women and managed to have sex with 2 women for few times while I was going through hell. All this happened only 2 months after all the promises and begging. I can’t describe my pain.

He told me he has been going to prostitutes and massage parlours that offers sex services, before and after marriage. Told me he would have slept with more than 25 prostitutes excluding the massage parlours. He had been using MSN Massager all this while for sex chats and video calls and switched to Wechat 3 years back. Since using Wechat, he managed to meet women from all walk of life and ethnicity for sex. It includes dates which didn’t end up with sex and first meeting set in hotel rooms for sex. He admitted of having sex with single mother aged 23, few Indonesian and Philippines maids, a married woman who is 5 years older than him. This is mutual sex and he doesn’t need to pay them. He only spends on the hourly hotel rooms. I even called some of them using the number I retrieved from his phone and true enough it all happened. The worst is, he had sex with some of them without condom and ejaculated in them!

All this happened during office hours as I will be stuck in my office and his job nature allows him to go wherever he likes. He drives me to my workplace and picks me after office. Never ever spend the night or weekends out without me. Which wife will ever suspect a husband who goes to work at 8am and back home at 6pm and never goes out at night without me?

This confrontation happened 8 months back, in July 2015. I was numb, beyond feelings I can describe. Wanted so so badly to die. But I’m still fully breastfeeding my daughter. I need to be alive for my babies. I need to give them the perfect family to grow up in, like the perfect happy family I grew up in. My husband seems sad for few weeks, promised me all kind of things, told me he needs help, that he is addicted and can’t control himself despite knowing the consequences. He went to SLAA meeting only once and said it didn’t suit him and feels counselling is not helpful too. As months went by, he seems to be happy with life.

I on the other hand, nothing changed in me for nearly a year now. I still cry every single day when I’m alone. I feel like physically hurting myself when I’m alone. I’m very very broken inside. Finally, my love for him is not as it used to be before. Everyday I wish all this is just a bad dream. The picture of him being intimate with all this women plays in my mind non-stop. Yet, no one knows what I’m going through. I smile, laugh and act very normal to every single person who knows me. But, at the very moment, my heart and soul feel tormented and no way to run. I feel dead. I just don’t know how to explain my pain here. He still swears he loves me and only me and can’t live without me. That all the other women are only to fulfil his lust and can’t match me. Why the person I love and trust the most in this world is doing this without mercy to me?

jus get used to it or divorce.. cuz nothing you do will change his character. this is his nature. i think he is those tat anyhow outside n still comes bec to u. If you divorce the other women will stand to gain. if you stay on, slowly get numb. you've not done anything wrong so divorce him will only make his life easier. my suggestion is tat you stay on with him, continue with you life and get out of tis crying thing. the one to feel sad is him not you!

life will be beta n you will live stronger in the years to come, trust me. sometimes its jus sway you get tis kind of partner. they will haf their karma in time to come. stay strong. i knw the feeling of living in the hate of his actions but loving him for who he is. man r all crap since ancient times like the emperor play ard n haf concubines cuz they got nothing beta to do.

for us, women, our strong point is act pity and cry. sometimes jus use tis tactic, sincere or not from the heart as long your tears comes, the man will melt. so use it at the right time don cry alone when nobody cares. i do cry alone and when he's in front of me. idc i feel sad or unfair i will cry. from start till nw, its not my fault so y shod i make it into my prob and get vex about it. i jus live my life and he is still part of it. call me stupid but idc.

NO MATTER HOW SAD DO NOT TINK OF DEATH! ONLY SILLY PPL WILL OR MENTALLY ILL! STAY STRONG JS MUM, you are not alone

js mum, i pretty much agree with some of what the other women have said. he is not going to change and he seems to take for granted that he will always be forgiven or he doesnt really care. or maybe he has a sexual disorder. just one mr thing that has not been mentioned...

please use protection if u are still having sex with your husband as he is putting himself at risk for sexual diseases.

i can understand u are factoring the well being of your children into your decisions about whether to divorce or stay in ur marriage. i would too... as my children are as young as yours.

now it is really about where your limits lie, how much u can endure while u seek to maintain the semblance of normalcy in front of your kids.

are u sure u can do it for the long road ahead? its going to be years and we have only one chance to live this life...

Last edited:
Leopard never change its spot. Moreover it's not one or twice, more than 25 excluding massage parlour...

Hope you're managing your life well now, spend more time with your adorable kids, instead of physically harming yourself. You gain nothing from harming yourself.

JS Mum, feeling sorry for you. It is difficult to believe that your hubby can stop his sexual activities. If you choose to stay with him, remember to protect yourself and the family. He can bring home sexual dieseases anytime especially he did not practice safe sex. As he aged, his immune system drops, the risk of getting infected by Sex dieseases will be much higher.

Back