BEDOK mommies club

Wendy.. thanks.. how u know i seeing doc Tham? oh no.. u spy on me arh? hehe.. Joking hor..

I also bought resale.. like hippo, i also feel it's not worth paying the 40K.. Somemore, new flats are smaller in floor area.. Older ones are bigger..

nick's mom, when u due? your eldest son having exam now?

hippo, what's your plan for the june holiday?

Dorothy, eldest had exams last week liao.. this week he's having fun.. hehe.. Due date 20th June.. but likely to pop end may bah..

hi nicky mon,
sorry i dun spy on u just happen to see yur nick somewhere (cant rem ) and knew u see dr tham. i see him too keke he deliver my 2 girl. a nice and cute doc.

me too feel hard ache on the 40 k bu no chocie leh no confidence to get a resale. and i intend to downgrade 4rm, new version dun have corridor window mah.

if u all happen have any friend or knew any unit sellign ard bedok south, can tell me. i so desperate now for bedok flat

Wendy, i kidding lah.. haha..

U want my agent's contact? he's quite a nice guy.. He deals in mainly bedok units..

Oh.. i didn't know the new version of 4room don't have corridor window..

Dr Tham : agree he's good.. He manage to keep my #2 in tummy till 35weeks then i pop.. My first gynae kept me in hospital since 20something weeks and i still had my #1 at 32weeks so that made him a premmie.. Hospital bill was 30+k then..

nicky mom,
keke i know u joke leh.
i had a friend agent. Thanks, but my priority is the bedok ballot haha....

now most of new 4 room dun have corridor window. i cant afford reslae 5 room too ex.

my group of friend form a "dr tham club" hahaha... joking actually around 8 of us (friend, sis , mum etc) all seeing Dr Tham. he deliver all our bb keke, tell u a joke or trend it seem like deliver mostly bb girl kekeke...... so far he deliver ard 5 girl out of 6 bb.

yur first oen is not deliver by him? so nice of him to keep yur #2 as long asp. he is those careful doc, if need to check he will ask to if not he will tell u dun need, not liek those "money doc" he is liek an idol to me haha, cos both my pregnancy are induce one and i so scare failure he assure me so well and it went thru natural. he is very pro-natural doc.

Wendy, agree.. he's nice.. but his queue now very long unlike 2 years back.. hehe..

Ya loh.. i dunno he pro-natural when i first see him.. i told him i prefer to do c-sec for #2 cos refuse to go thru tear at the bottom.. he says ok.. then 2 weeks before i pop, i mention to him again and he say natural save $$.. when he say save $$, my hb was like ya ya.. good.. save $$.. go natural.. haha.. i kanna conned!

Nicky's mom
where is Dr Tham's clinic? must go all the way to KKH or he has a clinic in bedok area too?
my gynae pro C-section leh, I have cesearean for both kids. hubby so scared, didn't want 3rd child
gynae also mentioned maximum 3 kids if cesearean

Wendypooh
why you don't have confident in resale leh? got bad encounter previously?

Dorothy
I don't have plans yet, still scouting for ideas. CC has some half day courses. hopefully can find something longer like 3 days to keep her occupied. or even a camp. YMCA has some camp activities but too far & too expensive leh

any suggestions for school holiday programme?

Hippo, can see doc tham at either KKH (i think it's clinic B), The private suite (which is also at KKH but the queue is so much shorter and collection of medication is together with payment counter, but price is slighty more ex) or AMK..

Bedok area : not sure if there are any good gynaes but my mum used to see Dr Han at East Shore.. Now she also see Dr tham.. hehe

U thinking of having #3? hehe.. Jia u..

Nicky's mom
thanks for the info!
hehe, no lah, just checking where to go for my regular pap smear. my previous gynae at sembawang. too far so looking for one nearer

Hippo, i go back to polyclinic for pap smear.. cheaper.. those private ones and the gynaes at cost a bomb.. But when i go polyclinic, i go back to Toa Payoh one.. That cluster's docs and nurses seems better than those at Bedok.

hi hippo, we will be going to hkg for a week... then when we back... mygal will be attending her studentcare..,

the studentcare already have 2 excursion... i might be planning another short trip for my gal....

Dorothy,

We were also planning to go HK in June but seems weather is super hot.. Promised my elder son already then decided to postpone. GOod thing he likes cold weather (or rather he likes to put on his winter clothings.. haha) so manage to persuade him to go for curise and genting in June, will HK in Dec.. hehe..

June school holiday
I plan to sign my girl up for intensive swimming class twice a week (just 7 lessons)
maybe will send her to two science activities (3 hours only) organised by nearby CCs

still looking around for better alternatives. any suggestions welcome :eek:)

Hippo,

That's a good idea.. MAybe i should sign my elder son up for some CCs programmes too.. My nearest CC is Kampong Chai Chee.. Wonder if they have any cos i remember they have limited activities when i was young. I think i have to give swimming a miss this round thou my boy has been telling me bout learning to swim since i'm on confinment. Don't really trust the maid to bring him to the pool since she cannot really control him.

Janet, Welcome...

Nicky's mom
your cluster is good, so near to interchange
my elder girl attended Children Arts at Kampong Chai Chee cc for 1 term. it's on Sun night
we dropped because she's always too tired at that timing, couldn't finish her drawing every week

did you 2 boys go for any enrichment classes regularly?
how old is your younger son?

Hippo, huh? u sure my cluster is good? i always see pple's notice boards and find better programmes there..
happy.gif

Elder son is in P1 this year. His weekdays after school are for homework and nap time. Evenings are for me and my mum to coach him in his revision books. His weekends are packed. Sat morning takwando till bout noon in school, then lunch and come home to nap. Evenings we will try to bring the boys out for dinner and walk around.. Sunday morning, 7am to the beach, 10am for buddhist class till noon (during that time, we try to bring the younger boy to botanical gardens to kick ball while waiting for his brother) and lunch, then rush all the way to Tampines mart for violin lessons. After violin is 2.30pm liao, so usually come home to let the boys nap and usually sunday evenings will cook and have dinner at home. We are also thinking of dropping the violin as we see the elder one is not very interested even thou he always cry when we tell him we want to terminate his lessons.

As for the younger one (now 20months), weekdays morning to Childcare for him to play and mix around.. weekends follow us send his kor kor to school after school, lessons after lessons.. hehe..

hello
sorry for mia for so long, was on leave adn my girl was down wif fever. these few day really a nightmare i nearly breakdown. so happen PIL not in town no one look after young one too.

nicky mom
ya dr tham q getting longer and longer. 04 i see him for my elder girl still ok but 06 when i had my no. 2 i see him at SK q was terrible. now he only see patient at kkh or AMK. he is very pro natural but he prefer induce bb leh both my kids are induce one. he is paranoid is bb overdue or big.

hippo
u made teh right choice if u see dr tham haha.... my mum and sis see him too for yearly check up.
i din buy resale b4 but heard many horribel stories so i scare lor

Wendy, how's yr ger's fever? Recover liao? I try and keep my boys apart when they are ill.. but kind of difficult cos they sleep in the same room.

Dr Tham.. haha. he's queue is getting longer and longer.. I also begged him to induce me but he says to wait another 2 weeks then we talk about it again. am getting so tired of being pregnant..

hihi mummies,

actually i dont stay in bedok, but my baby is a bedok baby (staying with my mil).....

seems most of you have kidos much younger than mine, she's turning 18mths, so would like to ask for your advice

did anyone ever send your child to the child care @ blk 156 bedok south ave3 (Stepping Stones)? am thinking to send my girl for half day child care...... but would like to gather some feedback first

many thanks!!

Claris, i didn't check out that school yesterday.. i went to those at the siglap area. My boy liked the Jeet's schoolhouse.. So i guess we should be registering him there.. But fees, cost a bomb.. Have to "re-discuss" with hb cos that's long term cost.

nicky
thanks yes fever ok, but still coughing badly.
when need to induce he will ask u too dun worry.

claris
which area u mil stay? steppign stone is at blk 158 not 156 cos my mum and sis stay at blk 156 haha.... for me i dun send my elder there cos i dun like my niece and nephew were from there ad have very bad experience there. later my niece switch to "My first Classroom room" at Senett Lane near East coast. Now my girl is there sicne dec 06.
It a pte property and lesser ratio bet teacher and kids. price wise is only slightly higher. tat time i visit YWCA b4 i dun liek quite messy.
if u need my girl school contact u can email me

hello..........
gog to share a good new wif all........
I can official be a Bedok mummies if everythign go oen well by end of the year
I get shortlisted for the ballot for the new falt hahaha..

Wendy, i went to My first classroom yesterday. Didn't like it.. i find they put too much of the aroma thingy.. Had a headache after i came out.

Congrats on the successful ballot.. Welcome to Bedok..

Your ger coughing with philgm or not?

Induce : i worried cos i checked with the civil defense, they told me if i call them, they will send me to Changi not KKH. As for if my waterbag burst at home, dunno how am i to run down and hail a cab and rush to KKH on time. My previous 2 deliveries were extremely fast.. Less than 15mins after waterbag burst and i didn't have painful contractions prior to the waterbag burst..

nicky mom
u went to MFC yest, u spoken to Kwai Heng? i find ok lor they dun on aircon all day too. i like their small group. teacher wise ok

yes she got plently of phelgm tat why infection.
thanks for the well wishing, now i headache on the selling part for my punggol hse

wow yur labour so fast ah gd leh save on epidurl cost. but CGh dun have delivery facilities leh. tey to convnce dr tham let u induce lah

Hi april.. welcome.. which part of bedok do u stay?

Wendy, i spoke to a lady called Mrs Oh.. Agree with the selling part.. it took me bout 3mths to sell my TPY flat cos most buyers wanted to pay at valuation only as it was an unrenovated 3 room unit and the upgrading fees wasn't paid yet. but then again, i havent got a place to stay at time time, so wasn't in a hurry to sell.

Ya.. saved on Epi but it was very painful leh..

nicky mom
ya mrs oh is the principle, she is a nice lady. i was recomended to tis sch by my sis.
ya me too scare buyer wan hse fast then i have to rsuh quite hard

ya agreed veyr pain leh but dr tham very gd and assuring lor my labour all very long but he very supporting and patient

hihi wendy & nicky,

my mil stays in blk 69..... distance is a big obstacle, thus i basically have no choice other than stepping stones

the fees are very cheap, so i know i cant expect much.... will be dropping by end of this month.... but wendy's niece and nephews had bad experience there before, this really puts me off

headache..... anyone had experience with sending 18mths girl to school in a school bus?

Nicky's mom

wow, your elder son's schedule very packed.

my elder girl is in PAP K1 morning session. She attends Kumon thrice a week and goes for her Arts and Chinese Dance activities at nearby community center once a week. Both my girls have gymnastic once a week together

my younger girl is not attending any preschool this year, only goes for her Chinese enrichment once a week. I teach her on weekdays.

hi claris

my parent and PIL all ard bedok south and i stay at punggol but i never consider steping stone due to teh envir and teacher. i send my sis kids there often and i personally dun like the teacher
i prefer pte sch cos playground within sch safer. void deck dun have such faclilties.

my niece take sch bus to sch quite short distance. yes agreed price cheap ,but to me safety and envir play moe impt part

Hippo2002,

Do you know that CHIJ Katong is only temporarily located in Bedok, they will shift back to Martia Road by 2009?Is that the school you are volunteering at?

Wendypooh
where is MFC? my first classroom?
I visited my first classroom last year. the school interior seems a little dark and its location was not so accessible by public transport, unless I placed my girls on school bus. however, I was quite impressed by the principal. she seems very experienced

Kimberly
thanks for the info! i didn't know that it's a temporary premise. luckily it's not the school I'm volunteering in

Claris
18 months is definitely too young for school bus
my girl took school bus to childcare since 2 years old and even then she was too young
sometimes the bus auntie couldn't take care of so many kids
the school bus took her on island tour, took 40 minutes to reach home, even though we were told ours will be the first few stops
and there was once my girl bump her neck because the school bus uncle jam brake to avoid an accident
and when there is no school bus auntie during term break, the driver didn't inform us and practically there is no one to take care of the kids
call me paranoid but I really fear for her life. forget it, I rather send/fetch her personally. if not, I rather compromise with a school nearer

Hiee,

Can I join you gals. I have 2 ds - 4 plus and 2 plus.

I am working Mom. Staying with my in-laws at Bedok.

Currently, cracking my head to find activities for my elder son who will be having school holidays soon. My nearby Kakit Bukit CC is hopeless, they said they are not organising any activites during school holidays!

cheers

hippo, ya.. Mrs Oh seems very experienced. If it wasn't the smell that puts me off, i think i would have enrolled my younger son there.

Juz me, welcome..

Hi Bedok mommies out there,seems like there are many of us staying in Bedok.I am a SAHM staying at Blk 183 so Wendy,sorceror,Joy07 and JanetLee,we can mit up at our blk downstairs
happy.gif
.By the way Joy07,whch flr u staying at?My boy is now 7mths old also delivered by Benjamin Tham KKH.I fully agree he is a wonderful doc.

Jus me
try Bedok CC, Fengshan CC, and Marine Parade CC
lots of holiday activities
I have shortlisted 2 science activites for my girl
your elder girl is 2002?

Nicky's mom
I am dropping my girl from Chinese Dance end of this month. Just realised she is not interested in Chinese Dance. All these while I thought she enjoyed it. Sigh...she is the silent type. We asked her before enrolling her and we always ask her how is her class & she will say fine. Even if she didn't like the activity she will not say so. She probably think we will be disappointed if she gave negative answers. She always 'think too much' leh, doesn't behave like a 5 years old.

I told her I leave it to her to decide whether she wants to go for the intensive swimming class during school holiday. once we don't make the decision for her, she has difficulties deciding. On one hand, she is afraid of the deep pool. On the other hand, she knows swimming is an important skill and she really wanted to learn to swim. Her current teacher has been training them in the deepest pool recently and her fear of water resurface. she cried in the pool last week. So I didn't want to impose on her.

does your son tell you everything? or he prefer to leave the decision to you?

hihi hippo, nicky's mum & wendy,

i went to check out the vacinity of stepping stones yesterday, dont think i saw any playground nearby also

i really have no choice, that's the only school near enough that my mil is willing to send my girl to school personally

otherwise, i'd have to send by school bus, but i agree totally that's very dangerous. and i doubt my hb will agree

BIG HEADACHE

Hippo, my elder son also leaves most decisions to me.. sometimes i also dunno how to handle him. When i ask if he likes the violin class that he has requested for, he says yes.. but his actions show otherwise..

Claris, did u also check out how lessons are conducted? there is 1 CC near my home. I thought it should be ok.. When i went for the trial, i was very shock! All children irregardless of age who comes into the centre crying, will be sent to the playgroup class.. ANd when the teachers (there are 3 of them) when they cannot manage the children, they just on the TV for the children to watch. I spoke to the principle on this concern and she mentioned that children of this age is difficult to control (which i feel of cos lah cos so many children crying at the same time.. those already stop crying will cry again if they see another kid crying).. So, my only option is to send to another childcare in Siglap. We send him to school in the morning and afternoon will have to let the school bus fetch him back. Hope it's for a short period of time cos once he settles down, we thinking of putting him for full day CC instead and hb can fetch him home after school.

juz me
have you started looking for a primary school for him?
if he is a 2002 child, you have a few weeks left to sign up as a parent volunteer

juz me
have you started looking for a primary school for him?
if he is a 2002 child, you have a few weeks left to sign up as a parent volunteer

wow our club suddenly alive haha...

i will join afew of u at bedok blk 18X soon keke cos i had shortlist a unti at Blk 181 haha but still waiting for hdb letter.

christine
u oso seen doc tham so conincideence so inclduign nicky we have 3 dr tham patient here haha...

hippo/nicky
yes teacher oh is very experience. accordign to my sis, she actually working pte sector but face bad experience when her kid at sch so she give up her job further study childhood edu then set up MFC. so she can understand parent worry and need better. tat why i comfortable to leave my girl there althoug distance is far. many ppl say i crazy send her from Punggol but no chocie near my work place adn parent area.
regardign the aroma, my sis say they use burnign aroma insect reppelentfor teh sch.

claris,
i had bad experience at Steppign stone 2 yr bad so now i not sure how thign there but u still dun like tat sch. yes nearby ony 1 palyground which is near the road side and beside blk 156. the kid had to walk pass the carpark to get there. for tat i dun feel safe and the play ground neard the road

Claris, i stay at chai chee and that CC is just a 15mins walk from my home.

Wendy, ya.. i think Mrs Oh did mention that to me. But sad to say, i find the smell extremely overwhelming and according to reports, excessive inhaling of such products makes a child lose concentration power and over a period of time, may also suffer from certain extend of brain damage. But i have to agree that the curriculum is good especialy the K1 and K2 programmes. My hb on the other hand feels that getting the K2s to clean the mattress is child labour (haha).. He commented that when he stepped out cos he says both his sons also don't even pack their beds at home! But i think, it's a good habit for children.

Claris, agree with wendy that if the CC with playground across the road (no matter big or small roads) it's a big no no to me. Dangerous. Y not consider letting yr ger stay at home a couple more months and when she turns 2yo, u can let her take the school bus? or consider pulling yr ger into a CC near yr office?

Hippo, i've checked out on the holiday programs at Kampong Chai Chee CC.. They only have a sushi making class. Last time when i was staying at TPY, they have robots making programs etc during the school holidays..

Hi wendy,by the way, my name is christina
happy.gif
.So when u move to our blk here,it will be vy lively.hehe.canx wait.our kids can play together.

Nicky's mom
try Bedok CC, although you may need to take feedle bus
'I kids - crime science investigation' seems interesting

Back