Any mummies feed their baby on expressed breast milk only?

Sheris

My boi now like to bring anything that he can hold to his mouth and chew until his whole face also full with saliva... I am quite excited that he know how to hold thing liao. But not very please that he dirty his face too 8(

hi

saw lactation consultant for review today. Lump still there, asked to finish antibiotics and see gynae this sat to refer to breast surgeon if lump still there.

she said it's a simple surgery, LA then needle in, suck the blocked milk out. yeeks. Seems like can't escape liao. I diligently taking 4 lecithin tablets a day, massage, pump but no use. Now I scared already, wake up every nite to pump. Dunno how when I start work next Mon. Will be so tiring.

ixwong - i see i see..me still tinking when to cut to 2 pumps cos my 3 pumps oso not enuff..

fun - my hubby oso say next time wanna stay will his parents leh..then i say then my parents how? he say..stay together..me wanna pengsan
crazy.gif

poko/bitbit - heng never come out..keke..

whitefloral - poor mummy..got lump but got pain or not?

dear mummies, i'm having a very lousy week at work... so frustrating!

jas, my boy since 1 mth ago also like that, cry with eyes closed at nite, unless we wake him up or give him the pacifier, sometimes he cry until very qi-cham somemore.... we suspect he teething and i think so leh, cos now his 2 lower teeth pop out liao!

really so many pple sick nowadays leh, many pple ard me also sick sick one... i see doc and finish all the medicine liao still not fully recovered, keep passing the germs to and fro with my boy! aiyo! mummies and bbs must all take good care k!!!

pio, my bb also like to play my keyboard, in fact he likes to keep slamming his hands onto the keyboard, i already got one keyboard spoilt by his slamming liao...

bitbit, i got miss you leh... miss octopus boy's latest "mischief" stories too... "glad" to know that he is still as cheeky as ever kekeke...

how is Crystal's condition now?? this sat still can meet my boy or not?? my boy has been thinking and thinking about meeting his wives until now running nose still not fully recovered!

fun, my FIL did not give bad comments abt my boy lah, but everytime my boy fusses he will say he is sleepy and then put him to bed with the pacifier!! sometimes he just woke up only also say he sleepy... and somehow he likes to poke my boy's forehead and quite hard too! i dunno why??!??!?!

whitefloral, ur lump very long already? really have to go for surgery, so serious??

guess what today spoke to a mummy, her boy is 2+yo liao she still partial bf him!! then somemore she say she started giving her boy full FM one but he got allergic and then she took medicine from the gynae to stimulate milk flow and within 1-2 days she got a lot of milk liao! now her problem is dunno how to stop! hmmm i dun think i wan to bf my bb until that old leh... quite funny leh :p

sheris, i email you liao, count me in for the CNY gathering!!
happy.gif

ixwong, let us know if you manage to keep up with your 250-270ml every 12-hrs. was very worried, cos when I cut down to 2 pumps, the supply dipped badly.

I also hope u did not get the hives during your confinement? That would be so jialut. Itch here, scratch there, and still cannot bathe somemore. That would have been terrible!

Phoebe, hehe... but I did not throw away my milk leh (except now, cos I am taking medication)! Every drop is precious to me, cos my supply is also inadequate for my baby.

Hi all,

Need some advise from expert mummies here...

I'm going for a short trip to HK on this Fri. I wonder how can I store my EBM? My ss is very low so I xin tong to throw away my precious BM..hee

Also I'm trying my best not to "dry" out my ss. Currently trying best to increase my ss but I'm going back to work pretty soon so won't be able to pump as many times. Anyone has any advise on how I can increase my ss & at the same time with less pumping? hee...i guess not quite possible rite?

morning!
so many postings....read until eyes blur then after that forgot who said what!!! morning wake up still blur bur....

bit...welcome back! angel can only stand against a wall lah...she will walk if we hold her hands..and must be 2 hands, if i tryto let go of one hand, she will stop walking and protest or she will sit down and protest...

sore throat.
my stupid sore throat still not well leh...now spread to my maid too...arghhhhh...take antibiotics also cannot get well...very chiam.... then angel also not well yet...she lost her voice...dunno how that happen also...then she become very manja leh... always want to be carried... then morning finsih her milk liao...kuai kuai sit on my tummy and lie down on my chest watch tv with me...never move at all....so manja....
yesterday, she no appetite so din really eat dinner, then milk also dun want...me throw away about 4oz of EBM!!!! then morning wake up earlier than usual...i still pumping...then she sign for milk... then started to cry and sign fo rmilk...so i ask maid to bathe her first... in the tub...she cannot stop yellling and signing for milk...so poor thing...must be so hungry...she finished 220ml in super sonic time...then still n ot enough...ask for more milk!

ss
my supply has been falling steadily since i started going to 1 pump a day...dunno issit ss falling for real or affected by my stupid sore throat. sigh...will have to wait and see

In laws
in the beginning...my MIl also alot of comments...say this say that...say cannot always carry baby cannot this cannot that...i hear alrady also want to scream"shut up!"...somemore at that time, first month, new baby, new mama, very stresssed liao... then cannot BF...very stressed...then still go and stress me somemore... have since learnt to one ear in one ear out... but my MIl is a very nice person la... nowadays, she will still tell me here and athere but alot less and most times she just let me do whatever i want to lor...

my silly own mum is the one keep asking me to stop pumping... so angry with her....

pio, when i get the clogged ducts , i will hand express until they are raleased... sometimes can take a long time.... but i will stick to my usual expression timings... unless it is very painful, then i will try to hand express each time it irritates me lor... i go alot by feeling one la...

funkymom
your trip how long?? you got freezer facilities then you can store your milk... to bring back, you need ice bricks and a bag big enough for all your milk... and have to use the milk up quickly... or you can throw the milk away but still pump to maintain ss. How many times you pumping now... i find the best way to increase ss is to pump to the very last drop... when i went down from 3 to 2 pumps, my ss drop but i managed to bring it up agian by hand expressing to the very last drop!

alittlemiracle

not enough rest will affect SS de... drink more water too... my SS also dropped abit liao.. wkend have to manager Alden without my mum's help plus if i go out, i cannot express hor... affected SS lor.

Now alden drinking 5 oz.. i each time can onli express twice of 5 oz in the office... morning can get abt 220ml niah... dun think i can supply him enough to last a day soon.. he already using freezer milk liao.. ok with them tho..

If realli not enough.. he will soon have to take FM for full time and i shall stop EBMing.. moreover Alden getting moreand more naughty, gets cranky easily.. take care of him makes no time to express over weekends..

westBB
when Alden was younger, mil always discourage us giving 2 hrly feeding.. keep saying timing too close... but its BM wat... of cos he will get hungry easily ma.. den whenever they comes over to visit.. Alden starts getting cranky.. i told them he's hungry already.. mil say :"gove water, give water!" many times like tat liao! den i say my hb.. 'so last time when u were young, yr mum dun give u milk want ah.. keep giving water!!??' den i see my son so pityful.. hungry but drink water!
sad.gif
den got 1 time she came den ask how much Alden drinks now, told her 120ml.. den she added 'drink so much ah!' after tat Alden always cannot finish his milk leh!!! so angry with her! ban tang want ma!

I am those type who doesnt talk back to them want.. cos i'm afriad that my words are too harsh.. haiz.. can onli nag to my mum and hb lor
sad.gif

my gal confirmed is the roseola..pd very happy to know she got rashes haha..means nothing serious..heng ah..now rashes is over peak..yesterday the face one become lighter liao..me so happy!

my gal oso 'erm..erm..erm..' at night very often these days leh..dont know why..maybe the teeth really coming out hor..must check again..and no apettite..

westbb - dont know leh..must make sure her rashes no more then can go..but yesterday already over peak..so hope by sat no more..if not me very sad..cannot see FSIL leh..i waited so long..haiii..but hor..if we cant go..dont ever let shauna touch your boi leh! crystal must touch him first! kekeke...

lousy week..must come here more often to loosen up mah..hehe..

alittlemiracle - wat is manja? poor angel..like my gal no appettite..

fun - your hubby cannot take care of him when u express over the weekend?

so u got get the kammi?

pio,

toilet light..
I got this bad expereince in one toilet near my office too. Being "sua ku" to such sensor light, i thok someone play a fool by switching off the light outside and it's very dark in the toilet, moreover it's quite late after work (around 6 plus) where everyone had gone home, the security guard is the only one who saw me walk into the building. I was waiting for my hb to pick me when he told that he would be quite late and ask me to pump first. Me tired of pumping at office toilet, walk to the new building to try out the toilet lor (thinking it would be cleaner)!

pio and ixwong,
you both caught hives during confinement? I caught hive now and both side of my tummy spreading almost to backside have hive leh, ya very itchy. I went to GP for consultation before saying it might be allegery to some food, seafood, rubber of undergarment, chemical or body foam etc.. That time I took medication and went for blood test also. It recovered and come back 2 days ago.. It's very terrible looking, big red red patches. I tried to apply caramine lotion, no use leh and yest ask my stupid hb to help me apply on my back as I can't reach, he went sleeping. Wake him up he open eyes and went back to sleep again. End up I only apply on my tummy side. This morning almost don't want to talk to him! You all hb like tat one or not har?

jas03, me too, feel that the best thing in 2005 is I got to noe a lot of "zhi tong dao he" mummies on the forum. I sometimes tell him what u all says and all the funny funny things and share the experience with him.

crystalmum, orr.. so you do buy 4D one lah, "pua kiao" mummy sia!

ixwong,
ppl say 7mos sit, 8mos crawl, 9mos teething, so you still beieve this saying is it? It's quite early baby teething at 4.5mos, but tell u my boi also teething and drooling at this time! (4.5mos)

I come back later.

jas - the class is 4pm!! reach at 4.30pm oso can..haha

westbb - your boi too sick..dont go for the class leh..must rest at home..

westbb.. the mummy take medicine ar? can increase her ss so much.. if really got such things then we mummies here won't have to worry so much of not having enuf milk for your babies leh..
happy.gif

fun, your mil sounds exactly like mine.. i was super stress during my confinement all thanks to her.. when my boy cry for more milk, she will just simply refuse to let me feed him more telling me that he's very bloated and keep on patting him back to sleep.. and my poor boy fall asleep with a hungry stomach. my mil can just sit there for 1 hour to pat him to sleep leh and my boy will fall asleep due to too tired from crying... super 'siao' leh
wanted so much to scream at her
lucky now she dun meddle so much, maybe she knows that i TL already loh..

alittlemiracle.. poor mummy leh. got take honey to soothe your throat?
hope you and angel will recover soon..
angel knows how to sign for her milk huh? cool leh

my boy dunno wat happened to him yesterday.. whole day also not been sleeping too much and night time also.. now i'm looking like a walking zombie.
put him down to his bed, he'll cry & will only stop when i carry him.. just hope this will only happen once in a while and not everynight..
sad.gif

Hi alittlemiracle,

mine 4days 3nites. hmmm i dun think the hotel room have freezer or maybe during nite time my last pump, can i ask them to help me store my BM? then last day I use cooler bag to bring it back? How long can I keep once BM thaw?

Actually my BM since started, very little liao...can only pump out ard 40ml to 50ml...good times 80ml..now drop to 20ml per pump. Pathetic rite? *sigh*

Also paiseh to ask the hotel to freeze it for me..hahaha..

Currently down to 2 pumps but seems like it drop drastically..sigh..use hand express ah? maybe i will try it out. I'm also drinking mother nursing tea to see if it can helps my ss..

Crystalmum

I am getting very stress out to see my boy cranky leh... my hubby cant pacify him most of the time.. Alden needs mummy and granny more lor..

last nite again.. he want to be carried ard most of the time.. he now onli want us to carry him over our shoulder den he very funny.. when he falls asleep, he doesnt like to turn his head and rest his cheek on our shoulder.. he will put his face falt onto our shoulder covering his nose.. very ma fan ah....

crystalmum

lump was painful when it came with fever last week. After starting on antibiotics, pain and fever went away but hard lump still there, abt 3 cm in length, 2 cm in width.

westbb,
i don't go and press on the breast usually and only discovered the lump when I experienced pain when lying face down last week.

think most mummies here are with bb of 1yr? So u guys bf till now? not easy man. wow, must look up to you guys and try to sustain as long as i can.

Hi, everyone! I'm here yesterday & today but didn't manage to post, ppl keep coming to my desk...

fun, poor u, hope yr Alden faster get over this phase.

hello ladies,
I was back at work yesterday. good thing everything went smoothly and managed to pump 2x in the office.
happy.gif
so many postings.. cannot catch up oredy. now that I am back to work, less opportunities to come in oredy cos office check usage..
sad.gif
will try to catch up on the posting... happy surfing for the rest of you!

got to post short-short & quick-quick liao

whitefloral, the surgery sounds scary, really hope u don't hv to go thru it.
kao_scared.gif

funkymom, I thought I queen of low ss here, looks like u also very poor thing like me, pat-pat. I salute u for continuing. I've put up my white flag liao, since mid-Dec I've stopped struggling to maintain my ss. I've also told my MIL that I've reduced my pumping sessions & will stop soon. She can't bear to see me suffer & I also don't want to show her my stressed out black face, hee.
lame.gif

funkymom, yr hotel room got the mini bar fridge or not? Actually, the tiny freezer compartment is pretty good, I put my ice blocks there & it froze well. So maybe u can freeze yr ebm there yrself, no need to ask hotel to freeze it for u.
happy.gif

I read somewhere once thawed must consume in 24 hrs.

Me also doing 2 pumps a day, very "relaxing" & got a lot more time to do things.

Hi sp..

haha.dun give up so easily leh. like tat we can motivate each other. everytime i tot of giving up, i'll come & read this thread so that it will motivate me to continue.

i also cano bear to stop leh..thinking my ger needs my BM...siao rite...

dun know mini fridge got freeze compartment leh..actually dun know got minu fridge or not..haha..hmm..must consume in 24hr ah..shd be ok..i dun want to throw away precious BM..i die die also wanna bring back & let her drink..haha

ya ya..more relaxing but at the same time abit stress to see my ss so little..

phoebe - heard from who? where? hehe..tot is over liao huh..is there another one?

fun - my hubby oso cannot pacify my gal..but die die wanna carry..so we jz let her yell..cos we dont wanna depend too much on maid when we ard..but of cos..we gotta give in sometimes when we see her 'out of breath' kind lor..

whiteforal - your lump sounds big leh..only bitbit and alittlemircle, our 2 superstar/idol here over 1 year..others all less than tat..my gal is going 8 mths..

tuffy - how is first day? got miss your gal?

funkymom - motto here by one of the mummies..izit bitbit? is little BM better than no BM..hehe..

crystalmum, me just back from the warehouse sales.. nothing much and the boxes are so dirty and torn but quite cheap also loh
bought 3 toys for daryll..
it's at henderson industrial, opposite the old bt merah HDB.. sales on till 9 Jan

funkymom, how old is your baby? dun give up too soon leh.. we are all here to support u.. k
happy.gif

Hi crystalmum,

haha...ya my motto also same same...better than nothing..

Hi Phoebe,

My bb coming to 3mths only...thks leh...so touch haha...will try all the way..

Really envy all of u got so much milk...anyone pity me can pass me some?? haha

crystalmum, i dun have the exact address but it's directly opposite the old bt merah HDB building loh..
i bought a playskool thingy and 2 other toys (brandless).. hehe
very cheap.. the brandless toys only cost $1 each
happy.gif

funkymom,
me dun have a lot but still can 'tong' for a while loh...
hey.. u sure you want me to pass you some? i really have excess frozen milk coz my boy not taking it.. u want?
happy.gif

hi Phoebe,

so touch...haha...thks for yr offer..just kidding lah..like tat wait i take things for granted then always ask for it how? hee..

poko..wow good leh...eyes red red w envy liao haha

Bitbit,

Pump in toilet:
Arr... so u always pump in the toilet? What pump do u use, and do u throw the milk away or still allow your baby to consume it?

Hives:
No leh, did not apply calamine lotion although I was given a bottle of it. Cos my baby keeps sucking my hands, her hands, everything, these days. So, I am worried she may lick off the calamine lotion. So, I did not apply. Anyway, too lazy to apply -- so many areas (from top to toe), dunno where to start too. :p Today it has subsided slightly, but everytime the medication wears off, it seems to start becoming inflammed again. Is it supposed to be like this?

hello! wah.. another toy sale..

very sad.. my ss duno why went up, but i on stronger medication on my cough, so for this week hv to throw away all the EBM. so heartpain.. mayb medication cause the ss increase hor?

sp !! thought you say we will hang on together one? what put up white flag.. cannot leh, i hanging on cos of you leh! funkymom, i am also one of the queen of low ss here too.. you cant raise your white flag without our consent one! ahaha.. jia you lah!!

yeah! next tues another holiday! my colleague so irratating, b4 i can say anything, she chop take friday and monday leave, now i gotta cover her and cant take leave for the extra long wkend. grrr.

poko,
wahh.. hope all your pumps get more and more.. you jia you too!

bitbit/pio
Ya, caught the hives during last week of confinment!! Supper jialak and depressed since was looking forward to end of confinement. Milk ss went haywired and I think the hives was one primary reason why I never managed to TEBM my boy!

bitbit
u must kick your hb ass! Luckily, my hb was v considerate, help me w baby and put up with my bad temper during the hives period. Hope I never need to go thru it again...

Pio
Will keep u posted on my ss "curve". Last nite still ok at 260ml, this morning not so gd, only 230ml. Drowning myself w water now...
Whiteforal,
my boy only coming 5 MO.

jas, what a waste of yr ebm!!! aiyo, why yr doc never gave u bf-safe med? I sim tia yr ebm leh...

I white flag + jia you can? Keke! like that less stress for me. now my ebm reduce to 1-2 feeds for my bb daily instead of 2-3 feeds last time. told my hb to standby more $ to buy fm liao.

jas, my ss lower never mind, letdown also slower. my lunch hr pumping session now takes 1 hr, been weeks since I ate proper lunch on working days. How to don't stop. I very bad hor, my lunch more important than ebm for my bb.
lame.gif

poko, I happy for u too! Jia You!
happy.gif

crystalmum, so u going shopping again? Keke, u really our top-top shopping queen!

Dear mummies
I miss you all SO MUCH!!!!! Me missing in action very long hor. Actually I have stopped br-feeding already leh and baby is now just finishing whatever stock I have in the freezer and that is also running out soon. Hope u all don't mind mind an ex-expressing mummy now. Baby is already 7 + months now so am giving myself a pat on my back for lasting at least 6 months. Hope to do better for my second child.

Crystalmum - I saw your gal under the blanket photos. She's so sweet.

Jas 03 - you still haing on ya?

Westbb - is you boi still so handsome?
bitbit, alittlemiracle - thanks so much for your advice and encouragement when I was to-kuing squeezing milk.

Poko, Fun, Sheris - Miss you all too. How are babies?

Now must try to read whatever past postings I can...
happy.gif

Hi Dingdong you are most welcome. Next time if I stop milk pumping I also want to come in and see see look look and talk talk 8)

Today supply not bad, should be enough for Justen tomorrow intake. Yesterday he good boy, allow me to latch him on when he need milk. But I think my supply not much so he take about 30min to finish every session. I think also because his help my supply come back gradually...

alittlemiracle, wah angel can do signing so good.. when did she start to sign back to you? now i signing to my boy for eat, milk, apple, papa and mama, but he like no reaction leh :p

fun, yah i also dont talk back to my inlaw one or even my sis-in-laws, but i will complain loud loud to my hubby esp if i really angry!

crystalmum, so u got strike 4D last nite or not? hope to see crystal on sat hor... i persuade my hubby to go BJG cos crystal going leh! and of course, shauna also there! one trip can see two beauties, very hua suan kekeke

jas for a while i was thinking class not 4pm meh??? u very cunning hor... hope shauna not like u hahaha! u didnt request for bf-friendly medicine? i requested for bf-friendly medicine last week for my flu and sorethroat, wah so ex almost $40 total, even the nurse said it's ex!

after my boy's teeth came out, he will still cry sometimes but much lesser liao. nowadays he like to "puuuu" out his saliva! just now feed him he got new trick again, start "puuu" out his porridge too! alamak! also nowadays he likes to smile with his mouth "lopsided" one, something like this... i find it v ugly leh!
355630.jpg

phoebe, yah the mummy took medicine one, she said v fast will have milk flow! actually then we all no need so xin ku rite haha

whitefloral, usually when got lump ss will drop one, ur ss still same?

dingdong, my boi not as handsome liao cos nowadays he like to smile with his mouth "why-why" like lopsided dunno how to make him smile properly!! dunno is it because of his new teeth?!!

poko, so good justen will still latch... i think i already forgot the feeling of latching liao... sobsob

funkymom - so must jia you!

poko - gongxi gongxi..ss is back..hehe

jas - u throw away the EBM..so shauna drink totally FM hah..or freezed ones?

sp - me no go sales lah..ask only mah..now must rest a bit..i buy till the wardrobe cannot put in anymore liao..

dingdong - ya lor..thinking wat happen to you..disappear so long..hehe..thanks for complimenting my gal..keke..but she getting so noti..arghh..your bb's photo leh? no updates leh..

westbb - no strike lah..strike will be at home kiao ka liao..hehe..me hope to see your boi oso leh..crystal's rashes almost gone..but see tomorrow how..

your boi standing liao!!!???? he smile watever way oso so handsome..cant take it..i wanna see his new teeth..

jas - u hor..make me gotta beg westbb to cannot let her boi and shauna 'touch' each other if i not going on sat..pester her till she say me cheong hei..hehe..

westbb...i think signing is so cool lor... angle can so far sign milk, please, thank you, flying kiss, bye bye, finish. You got go for baby signs class or you self teach the signs?

ixwong, oh, hives would cause milk ss to go haywire isit? No wonder mine quite jialut these days. But all ss dips, no increase.
sad.gif

crystalmum, hair growing but not much.. still very short. if you look carefully hor.. you can see a bit of hair on top.. hehe

Back