Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

Kelcqi,
nope it wun press out from the petals area.

goodbbb,
i read book which says stop at 2 months so that baby can start to feel different textures around them. So now I'm slowly taking out her mittens, for a few mins each day during her playtime. By 8 weeks, next week, i wanna get rid of them entirely.
Yes, I cut her nails!! Super scary process!! Cos scared cut her skin instead. I do it when she's sleeping, or my hubby does it when she's BFing cos thats when she won't resist. I cut about once per week cos her nails grow quite fast, how often u cut I guess depends on how fast ur bb's nails grow.

ming, you should keep the mittens for no. 2 :p

kelcqi, really hope your baby will stay in for another 2 weeks at least
happy.gif
now must sleep ALL you can. Later on, sleep becomes a rare commodity.

Mich,

I WANNA SLEEP but cannot sleep. Tummy so big, leg cramps and all the peeing sessions. I super sian loh. EVeryday so tired. But I rather she stay inside till EDD... I everyday tell baby guai guai stay till EDD ok. Don't play with that cord cos if not my gynae see any danger, he'll rescue her out liao...

goodbaby,

There is one Canto Chef at Joo Chiat area. Juz went there for my MIL's bday. The prices quite reasonable also. Plus the chef was awarded dunno what award by our ministers one...

Btw,

Ming, U know hor, those Ang Mohs believe not to even put mittens for baby is the best. If u read those Ang Mohs saying on children development. They don't believe in keeping babies wrapped up like us chinese. But I dunno why their baby like so strong like tt. How come always strip naked and nv cover their feet, they nv seem to catch cold one...

Morning all,
Kelcqi, i understand what you say about impulse buying. cos i sometimes does that also. u know what i do? when i buy something already, i'll not go and look at other brand. even if i see it, i'll not go take a closer look at it or even go read what's good about it. hehee..that way, not so "xim tia".

i think the ang mohs are stronger cos they take beef. maybe also because of the weather they have. i also not too sure. but 1 nephew was born and grew up in Perth. and when we are all complaining cold, he complains hot. i think it's because since born, they grew up in the 4 seasons that's y we see them like stronger like that. SG too humid and hot. and we don't have change of seasons. that's y when we go overseas, or there's a sudden change in weather, alot of us fall sick. that's the difference i feel between SG kids and Ang mohs kids lor

Kelcqi, hope to hear good news from u
happy.gif
Am not sue why the ang moh kids seems stronger...
u know wat, i heard tat childcare in aussie, they don't take out shoes, everyone will just wear shoes inside the centre, and bb just crawl around.

Any of you plan to keep baby cord blood?
If you plan to keep @ StemCord www.stemcord.com.sg, can put my name as referal?
Pls PM me if you need more details
happy.gif

rayna,
u remind me of my mum. She also say angmoh is different from us cos they eat beef and potatoes and milk. Haha. In that case I been trying to be angmoh all my life cos i lurve beef and potatoes too but haha still always fall sick and complain of cold.

cutie_jace,
Ya!! I saw before when i went to visit my cousins in Oz. Actually I think the pp there are quite gross sometimes. Cos weather is not humid, they dun sweat, they think its fine to dun bathe for a few days in a row one.. OMG yucks right!! And i think they dun mind to wear shoes inside house/childcare cos of there being little mud/dust around, but i still feel so grossed out by it.

kelcqi,
i think i know which one ur talking about! The one where you must be super brave to park your car cos the parking space is super small right? hehe. my DH uncle who is a taxi driver had to park for us when we went there cos none of us could manage it.

goodbbb,
what's ur budget like? For higher end restaurants, there is Hua Ting at Orchard hotel, Crystal Jade Imperial Palace at Paragon and Lei Garden at Chijmes. I'm not sure of the price range though, as the only time I've been to these places was when other people were paying. hehe..
For not so high end ones, there is a zhu chao at Joo Chiat / Katong area called Sin Hoi Sai. Non air con though, not sure if thats what ur looking for. Another good non air con zhu chao nearer our area is Ban Leong at Casuarina road, which is along Upp thomson road.

goodbaby,

That restuarant is Air-con one.

Ming,

That time we went hor, the guy took our car key wor. We juz guai guai hand over and go in and eat liao.

Jace,

I saw my gynae today. Baby gained 900g in 2 wks. Haha... but cord still there. Sian...

I know I know. I saw from those clips on Ang Mohs pre-school. They really nv take off shoes one. Plus they got alot of waterplay one. Play until wet wet also like tt. Not scare the kids catch cold one leh...

Rayna,

I cannot help it leh. I'll go look at things again even after I buy. Then always regret loh. Very ji liat rite? My hubby sometimes also buay tahan me...

Morning all,

Kelcqi, think it's a habit that u have lah. buy liao still want to look. hehehe. i used to be like u also. but then slowly control myself lor.

ya, the ang mohs esp those in Perth, they don't remove shoes when they visits ppl hse. even that time when i went USA for work and went to a colleague's hse, they also never remove shoes 1. so u see it's their culture. personally i feel that singapore kids and adults too clean liao. + our weather hot and humid, somethings rain too much, so become like we fall sick easily. but that's just how i felt. maybe if we introduce a bit of "dirt" when the kids is young, it will built up their immunity? hehee also not very sure, just my personal view that's all. =)

nope goodbbb, its 2 diff places, kelcqi's one is aircon n got apic of some chef outside one. its a converted standalone house. whereas sin hoi sai is a non aircon terrace shophouse. sorry i can't remb what's the name of the chef one

goodbaby,

I think the name is Canto Chef or something. Yah, it's a standalone house. Outside have wind chimes like tt one...

hi all

whoa..suddenly this thread suddenly becomes so quiet..wondering what happen to all...

for me..bb havent pop yet..still in 38 weeks going 39..asking him when he wanna come out..mummy tired already leh..die-die wanna give birth natural but at the same time dun like this waiting game eh..not fun..gynea oso said not so soon (tat was monday drg check up)..will go check up again next mon.

Hi Burger_girl,
totall understand the "waiting game' feeling! I was like that too when my girl was about to pop. And my hubby too! I even went to try and find natural induction methods to help her come out faster.. =P
Dun think too much about it, cos it won't make waiting any better! Take the time to enjoy nice meals with family and friends, treat yourself to a facial/haircut/manicure/pedicure/any pampering service you like, bsically ENJOY AND RELAX cos u will likely not have time to do any of this for awhile after the baby comes!
Must let us know when popped yeah!

Burger girl,

Yaloh, these few days I came in also nobody one. So I nv post anything also.

Few methods for natural induction.
1. BD. Nipple stimulation & Sperms will induce contractions of the uterus.
2. Climb stairs, do sqarts and walk more. Gravity will encourage baby to push downwards, thus encouraging dilation.
3. Drink more coconut juice but don't eat the flesh. Coconuts very cooling. Known to induce contractions...

Hope these info helps. Jia you. Waiting to see your baby soon. Meanwhile waiting for your baby to pop, go pak tok with your hubby to enjoy your last bit of couplehood. And like what Ming said, go enjoy yourself and indulge in all kinda food. Cos once bb is out, confinement time, you can't eat liao, plus you'll be working to lose those pounds. So just go enjoy bah!

Ming,

I very sad leh. Today my mummy see my swollen leg, tell me look like pig trottles and that is a sign of labour soon. I don't wanna pop yet. Me only at 35 wks, I still wanna enjoy my freedom to the last bit. At least till my EDD...
sad.gif

Kelcqi, aiyah, dun listen to everything that your mum says. Swollen legs are so normal in the 3rd tri.. even after giving birth, you might also have some water retention hor.. I had swollen fat face for about 2 weeks :p

burger girl, I delivered at close to 40 weeks for my first pregnancy.. waaaah, but the wait was worth it
happy.gif
My son is healthy healthy healthy.. whereas my daughter came out early at 35 weeks and not so healthy.

kelcqi, looks like your baby will stay inside for a while more
happy.gif
anyway, already 35 weeks, so in 2 more weeks, considered full term already.

burger girl, enjoy yourself now, this is the last few weeks of having any decent sleep and time to yourself for months!

kelcqi, any reason why we can't eat the coconut flesh?

btw, anyone know the difference between thai and malaysia coconut? i been wanting to buy and coconut on my own but my mil insist that i can only eat malaysian coconut. hence, have to wait for her to buy for me...
sad.gif
hence now, end up only ate once

hi ladies

thanks for your advices...yeah just now 'indulged' in home-made pancakes with lots of maple syrup...hope my bld sugar nvr go up aft this..

kelcqi, for your methds no 2& 3 - been doing that..even bought thai coconut..cos amk now got pasar malam..very refreshing! but BD mu hubby dun wan leh ..actually we didnt do it since i was 30 weeks..he said scared hurt baby..so now hugs-hugs-kiss-kiss only leh

re:swelling
yeah got for both my legs and hands..but hands no more already...bt this morning my hubby noticed my legs not swelling that much..i said good lah then not so painful when walking ...then my mom saw also the she said once swelling go down it will be soon - dun wanna hear people say already! (my swelling was u & down few times..nothing happened lor) so i just like 'yah..yah' at her

re:coconut
wendy, why must eat malaysian coconut? where to find? aiyoh so far i only drink the thai coconut (the bald-cream type one) or my hubby will buy for me Yeo's brand (in a tin, bt sweet cos they add sugar)...dun tell me have to go all they way to jb to get one...

burger, i not sure why must eat malaysian one too... my mil never explain clearly, when i ask more, she not very happy... so, my hubby says since she wants to buy, dig out and deliver to me, don't ask anymore... she bought it at a specific stall at her ave 10 market, near ang mo. it comes with husk and everything, not like the thai one. but if can eat the thai ones, it would be easier for me to buy myself lor...
so far, she bought once for me last sat, i paisey to ask her again this week.
sad.gif
thinking of buying myself this week but if she suddenly buy for me tomorrow, not sure how to explain and if should eat again as i heard once a week...

wendy,

drink coconut once a week? haha..this whole week i drank 2 already eh..greedy me

but if u want to buy urself now since got pasar malam they are selling at $1.50 each. i bought 3 @ 4 bugs..but im very stupid donnow how to cut open the cocnut, must use hubby's help..hehe

thought of going again later cos got addicted to the 'pisang goreng' at the malay stalls...

hmm... you mean can eat more? i heard once a week lor... never mind, hee hee... then, let me just go and buy... you live at ave 3? i live at st 31.

where's the pasar malam?? Man, I love to go KLKK at pasar malams one.. haha.. Have been stuck at home and kept busy running back and forth between bb and huby.. he's sick with stomach flu, sigh.. =( how i wish to go out and kai kai!

ming,

the pasar malam at just amk hub leh... alot of ppl.. beri hot and crowded.. hee hee.. u cum can liao... dun bring ur bb....

alot of food leh.... the pasar malam till sunday....

Burger girl, Wendy,

That time I met up with my CL, she said one week drink 2 times from wk 32 onwards. I ever 1 wk drink 4. LOL... Me even more chan zui.

Last nite my mummy bot 1 coconut for me from the Pasar Malam. Wah, shoik!

Wendy, They said the coconut flesh is to counter the "liang" in coconut. And the purpose of preggies drinking coconut is to cool the body before birth so that baby will not have heat rash at birth. So if you eat the flesh of coconut, then u defeat the purpose of drinking coconut water liao... I dunno all these true or not lah, but since told to me, I just follow loh.

Burger girl,

My hubby and I also nv BD anymore. Since I 6th mth onwards. My hubby scare will hurt the baby. But don't BD also gd. I have no mood for that anyway. Haha... Like that I won't feel guilty that I cannot satisfied him. Keke...

I think Thai coconut is smaller, Malaysian ones are the bigger ones. My MIL also told me to drink the Malaysian ones. But I like the small thai coconut ones. I dun care... Since I'm the one buying. I prefer the taste of Thai coconut, so I stick to Thai coconuts.

Mich, Catz,

I also want my girl to stay inside till full term. Best is 40 wks. Cos I very scare of taking care of baby, losing my freedom and the horrible confinement. So the longer it takes to come, the better it is for me...

Haiz, How long will the water retention goes off huh? I feel like a humpty dumpty like that now...

Kelcqi,
I knoe exactly wat u mean about humpty dumpty feeling!! Ha, I felt like that too. Towards the end mine is so bad that when I press my finger into my calf there will be a depression remaining there after I take the finger away. BTW water retention takes a few weeks after giving birth to totally disappear. Drink more hong zhao cha during confinement and do the post-natal massage, it will help to make it go away faster..

pasar malam till sunday? that means 1 more day left only ah...

kelcqi, in fact yest my hubby at nite like very itchy2 like that tried to BD...i also kesian at him been a monk for so long then later give birth lagi kena wait for long2 so i go ahead..but couldnt penetrate leh...then in the end he give up..he said he tired but then he understand..so sweet of him but i can sense he abit disappointed olso..bt i feel sad leh..

oh my god..my due date is getting nearer..10 may, exactly 1 week!! getting nervous

drinking thai cocnut now...shiokk

ming, who's down with flu - hubby or baby?
happy.gif
I also like to KLKK at pasar malams but i find they're all so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame nowadays. I miss my M'sian pasar malams.. my granny used to bring me and bargain hunt. Heh.

burger, you very kind to your hubby leh.. you know what happened to my friend? He ended up needing circumcision 'cos they did it when wife was about to pop and he got an infection from her! So end up he had to circumcise when the baby was born.. both father and daughter in same hospital..hahaha.. we suan him jialat jialat.. :p

Thai coconut is so shiok esp this crazy kinda weather. I've got the aircon on in the living room.. mmmm...

kelcqi, thanks for the info! so i will not eat the flesh when i buy my own ones...

my mil just brought 1 malaysian one over, very shiok! my hubby called his mum to buy over on my request and also measure the baby cot to make mattress cover. we just have the cot delivered yesterday.
happy.gif
so exciting!

these days, i also feel as if i am in an oven, so hot... aiyo... is it because pregnant woman are warmer? then die lor, if this kind of weather continue, will definitely suffer during confinement...
sad.gif

Ming,

Poor you. Hopefully your hubby recovers faster so you won't be so stressful and tired.

Haha, Yaloh. The humpty dumpty feeling very sian loh. Walk also very slow. Sometimes I tried massaging my legs myself. But feel that very hard to massage, my fingers go numb after a short while.

I got a few times used toilet almost slipped and fall. Cos after squating down, dunno why unbalance, then almost fall. But no choice, my MIL not understanding. Always lock up her room toilet and worse, have lotsa pails of soaking clothes on the outside toilet.

Burger girl,

Huh, how come cannot? You too gan jiong issit? But that time we last did it during my 6th mth, I do feel painful also. Very uncomfortable. In the end hubby chop chop finish and from then on, he nv attempt to touch me anymore. Then 2 wks ago I asked him he ok or not, like being a monk for so long. He said nvm lah. He also don't wanna hurt the baby. He pantang. He scared baby will have cleft lip if he does that. Dunno which idiot feed him with such info. But I don't care lah. Haha, he ok with it, then I'm fine liao. Cos I really no mood for that...

Catz,

I'm going crazy with weather like that loh. Every nite now no air-con I cannot sleep. But very stress. Cos I worried abt the electricity bill. Everytime my MIL will purposely bring the bill to hubby and said this mth increase liao cos I used air-con. Although Hubby is the one paying all these while, and she also on the air-con loh. Then purposely said tt to hubby to sow discord between us.

Wendy,

Yaloh, they said preggies will feel warmer esp at the 3rd trimester. Me soaking in sweat everyday.

wah..u all so lucky got aircon..but kelcqi, why ur MIL so jialat one leh..if im ur hubby i'll aske her to pay a bit also cos she also using air-con...heheh..nvr mind..ignore me

i dun have aircon in the house, so can you u imagine its like living in the oven!!!!(been sleeping with 2 fans- high speed blowing at us) was begging hubby to install one...poor my bb later he very hot how..i dun think i'll wrap him in the blanket leh...so hot!!

kelcqi, you have to be careful with the squat toliet... i have stopped using the squat toliet at my in-law as have problem getting up. now, i used the toliet at amk mrt before going her place and leave before i need the toliet again.

yeah, me soaking with sweat daily, especially at night with a fan blowing directly at me...

haha.. actually I never used squat toilets 'cos firstly, I have low blood pressure.. after squatting, I feel like fainting.. secondly, I'm scared baby will drop out.. hahahahhaha..

Sweaty sweaty sweaty.. yucks!

Burger girl,

Try to get an aircon before u pop. Cos they said hor, it's better to use air con than fan during confinement...

Yalah, my MIL very idiot one. Not she pay, she acted like she paying and she care like that. Imagine sometimes in the morning or rather afternoon, she can on 2 sides of radio loud loud on the same channel. Siao rite? Then at nite need to leave a lamp on when they sleep. If they so energy conserving, then what are all those actions. Sometimes when hubby scold me, I also pull his parents in to tell him I'm not the worst loh!

Wendy,

Wat to do? My MIL so selfish. Lock up her toilet for her own use only. A few times I almost slipped and fall. Thanks to her and all the pails of soaking unwashed clothes. Angry rite?

I keep brain washing my baby, tell her that her grandma not nice, very selfish. If she under her care next time, must learn to protect herself and don't let her grandma bully her. Haha...

I hate the weather also. Imagine I can have fan and aircon on. Hubby wrapped up like a popiah liao. But I feel ok only...

Catz,

I have heartburns when I squat down at times. But like I said, Bo Bian leh, cos of my Stupid MIL. Can only scold her inside my heart everyday and let my bb listen to all these unhealthy stuff from me... LOL...

Ladies,

Today I very very bad mood. Kanna road bullied and 4D no came out from my dreams but I nv bet on it... Tui...

kelcqi, hope ur feeling better today...

we finally bought air-con!!!! yayayayay!!!..but installation only on 22nd May...cos now long queue..everyone buying air-con cos the weather is killing hot...so now the aircon salesman most of them smiling a lot cos got a lot of commission mah..but i told hb can get earlier or not then my hb explained to the guy can request earlier or not cos my wife preg..popping soon..he said put under waiting list for next week schedule...wah then if real then no need to wait for so long..

Ladies, im going off to see gynea later..hopefully got good news...had tummy ache since yesterday cannot sleep but still can tahan lei...

Kelcqi, your MIL is indeed selfish and idiotic :p How come road bullied??? Poor you.. take it easy.. not good for baby to feel your stress.

burger girl, wah you went out to buy aircon..kekekekeke... hope you have good news lei.. tummy ache might be possible contraction!!!

burger, congratulations on your air-con. i asked my hubby if can installed over the whole weekend... he says since i agreed not to install 3 years ago when we first have the house. not going to install till the next renovation in 7 years time... so, i have to wait lor... sigh...

kelcqi, you want to ask your hubby to speak to your mil on the toliet issue? during confinement, you would also need a sit toliet... your mum's place is sit toliet?

hi ladies...im back from gynea...the only news i have is that i will kena induce on friday...have to be admitted to TMC at 11 pm. :-I

i have mixed feelings about this - SAD cos just now gynea checked my cervix still havent dilate yet...did CTG no contraction and all that ...even though i told her abt the tummy cramps all that are just false alarms..so not giving birth today...

but i feel a bit HAPPY to know exactly when my bb coming out : this fri/sat..this waiting game is no fun at all..happy to know also that my bb is growing fine...no complicatiions (choi!) that's why my gynea dun want anyhow or anytime induce me...she said it normal for first -time moms..dun have to be so fast...so that's why we stick to our edd lor...but feel pressurised like everyone (MIL, own mum, sisters, SIL, even neighbours) keep asking when to give birth...why so late? not like ur this cousin..cos my sis & SILs all gave birth at 38-39 weeks (that was 10 yrs ago stories!) so irritating! now i know what to answer them..haiz ...
sad.gif

wendy, catz
yeah at least the thought of air-con makes me happy...dunno why was feeling weepy from hospital just now...felt like disappointed in myself...why other people can give birth 1-2 weeks before their due date but i am not? telling hubby is there something wrong with me..then hubby said no lah..as long as both me and bb healthy its okay..

wendy- wah calak man have to wait 7 years for air-con...gosh how to wait that long!!!!!

Burger girl,

Wah, why you feel sad over full term baby? I want leh. I everyday psycho my baby to stay until EDD leh. But then my case abit hard. Cos baby's head very low. Plus got the cord partially round her neck, there's a chance might need to make baby come out earlier. Sian...

Wah, so many ppl buying Air-con ah? Need to wait so long for installation. Poor you, meanwhile still have to suffer from the heat. Hope they slot u in for next week. At least don't need to wait till 22nd. By then, anyone could die from dehydration liao loh...

Catz,

Next time I take a pic of the toilet and show you. I damn pek chek loh. Today I woke up, I saw e pails, I "ren" all the way to go outside n use public toilet. And my MIL still tell hubby to drive them to AMK hub for lunch and take their own sweet time to come down. We waited down stairs 20mins and no sign of them. Buay tahan rite? In the end hubby called them and tell them if they not coming down, then we go off first. Then my PILs come down. By the time I reach AMK hub, my bladder almost explode liao...

Wendy,

HENG ah! I going to my mum's place for confinement. My hubby's house not confinement friendly. If I do confinement here, I prolly ended up committing suicide loh... Imagine all the acts my PILs do, and their inconsideration? They can come home at 2-4am at nite and make a grand entrance. How to survive here during confinement???

now not so sad...been planning what to eat (sinful foods) & what to do (like go for hair trim) for the next few days till friday..lol...

at least now not expecting anything to come out (bloody show, etc) whenever go toilet...makes me a bit calmer this morning..knowing when i'll be admitted and all that..oh yeah must go through the bag that i've packed one more last time..

wah, kelcqi..ur hubby is ur PIL's driver ah..go lunch almost must ask him to drive...

actually having a car sometimes its more creating problem than a blessing..especially if its shared between family members..unless u rich liao..everyone have car then that's diff story..

cos my hubby's family last time also like that..imagine 1 toyoto vios shared between 5 people!! my PILs (2) + my SIL (1) + my BIL & his ex-wife (2)= 5 can u imagine that ! when they first time buy it was agreed that my PILs use drg weekdays then weekedn alternate btwn my SIL& my BIL ..in the end almost everyday my BIL use (mainly to fetch and send his ex-wife to workplace lah..etc) and they have a big fight until almost blue-black eye!!! AND nobody want to pay for the car maintenance/petrol..now no more car already..sold off

lucky my hubby (that time we still not married yet..still engaged) did not have any driving license..or else thay would have dragged him in to pay for the car - cos if he have license sure he use a bit...until now he DONT WANT to take license cos he knows his parents want him to buy car and drive them around like slave and pay everythig on our own..for me i dun mind..cos all my life my family dun have car oso and im so used in taking the mrt/bus..even though its super crowded & stinky....

haiz...

Back