Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

Hihi ladies,

Me taking a break from baby. I have a full time CL. She's good in taking care of my health and baby. As for pro-BF, she's zero about it. TO her, have milk means have. No milk means supplement. She will supplement until the bottle finish then she says u only have very little milk so I must supplement.

Her intentions are good I know. But it hurts me that she isn't pro BF la. Like what some of my colleagues say, if baby is full, then baby will sleep and makes like easy for her.

So guess what, I refuse to supplement her so much the last two days. Then yesterday baby cried so much until the whole night she got wind in her stomach. I kept waking up at night to feed her but she doesn't want to suckle much.

For her sake today, I decided to supplement after every feed. My CL kept on insisting that she is right, must supplement must supplement, baby not enough will cry and later get colic ... blah blah blah ...

Then I think about it, she never really gave me a lot of fluids to drink, just one bowl of soup each day, fish also buy the wrong type, food only all the wine, ginger and the bu type. I eat until sian. Only the fish soup, one small bowl a day. I wonder why? My conclusion: she is good when mummy isn't BFing. If mummy wants to BF, then it's really a battle. Sigh ...

Hi Nicole, yeah it's been rough... :p

phy o, think most CL are not pro BF 'cos typical Chinese thinking.. baby must be big big fat fat and duh duh looking.. muahahaha
happy.gif
Think you should let your CL go off earlier so you can build up your supply without her adding on to your guilt.

I nv had CL for both my kids.. did confinement catering instead. My hb is my CL
happy.gif
We both hate strangers living with us and plus I find a lot of CL too unhygienic.

Catz, you guess what. Yesterday evening i had my antenatal class session with Mrs Wong.. She did share some stories with the class of some of the malaysian CL. She mentioned one of the CL use her hands rub in between her toes, when she saw that, she quickly asked the lady to wash her hands before she handle the baby. The CL of cos fumming mad and challenged her why she should do that as her hands are clean mah and same goes to her feet.. Can you imagine? Mrs Wong also did mention the hygiene standard of those malaysian CL... *that makes me paranoid* cos my MIL has engaged one for me.. guess i must make sure she dont do anything silly to my baby.. Anyway i dont care whether what CL is going to say anything cos i dislike naggy people.. i have the basic general knowledge, wont believe in those old wives tales etc .. if anything not sure, best consult medical professional. Not gonna take their nonsenses..

Catz,

Cannot let her off early. MIL and my Mother will "kill" me. My mother wants my CL to bu me while my MIL wants my CL to take care of my baby well. Very frustrating. But I'm used to it. At least now I just bo chiap her and go nap. She wants to do wat she does. No supply also I not too bothered. As long as baby suckles, that's my theory. I think I was too stress wanting to build up supply. But now if dun have also I'll just supplement. Later baby get colic, I even more stress. Hopefully when I'm more relaxed, milk ss will come? Haha
happy.gif

Nicole,
Some CL are like that. So must get recommendations la. But the naggy part ... all will nag. My CL is good, but also very naggy.

Phy, my CL was recommended by my hus's cousin who has triplets.. She said this CL is good. But the only thing is when she shower the baby, she will take all the clothings not even a towel to wrap the baby up before putting him/her in the tub.. This is no good cos babies dislike to be fully naked.. This i have to correct her if i see her doing that to my baby..
happy.gif
Having a CL is good in a way, at least mother can have good rest..My hubby has to work, he needs to have sufficient rest also.. MIL can only come over during the daytime to supervise everything.. that's why she engaged CL for me to help out at night.

Nicole,
have CL good cos can rest except when feeding baby. If you not happy with the way she bathes baby then tell her la. No good for bb to catch cold.
happy.gif

Nicole, oh yucks.. My mother is super anti confinement 'cos the 2 confinement ladies she had were those super expensive highly recommended ones and yet so dirty. Like re-using unwashed nappies (just hang and let the urine dry, re use!!!) and peeing on the floor! So my mother die die didn't want me to use CL. Fair enough since I don't like strangers anyway. I'd rather get one trained by TMC.. at least got some nursing background, know baby CPF etc. If not, I don't see the point of CL.

phy o... aiyoh touugh for you. Don't worry, just let baby suckle and you can check out supplements like fenugreek and Mother Love More Milk Plus to help you.

Catz, dont scare me... it sounds so yucky when re-using unwashed nappies.. If i ever see her doing that, i will fired her immediately..

Phy, your CL help out in doing household chores?.. Did she clean your kitchen properly always after cooking?.. I am very particular about all these, wonder how if i am doing my confinement, i cant possibly touch all the household chores... I scared if never clean properly, will atrract all the pests which i usually hate it.

Nicole,
My CL does all the housework. Thankfully. She's cleaner than most CLs. She sweeps floor everyday. Mops twice a week. Washes the kitchen floor after every cooking. I also not so hardworking when I was cooking ... keke
happy.gif

Hi, my CL left one week back so been very busy handling baby.

My CL also very clean and good. But Phy, like yours, keep telling me milk supply not enough. So irritating lor. Finally after 2 weeks, supply better so she stopped saying. I also kept wishing she would go. But in the end, I decided I dun care, just go and sleep when got chance.

Nicole, my mom freaked out lor.. then she wanted to use needle to poke my eye. My mom was super post-natal depression, she called my grandpa who's a doctor.. he rushed down and scolded the hell out of the CL... 'cos the CL is appointed by my grandma who was divorced from my grandpa :p

Mich, well done!

I've changed tactic.

Decided tht baby had enough sleep on breast. Now pumping out my milk in the day and let her latch on only twice at night. Whole morning she cried cos she's used to "chewing" on my breasts and falling asleep. Weaning her off the breast now. Not too bad. Seems like when I pump out, there's more than what she drinks direct. I've been suspecting she sleeps more than she drinks. Now I'm right. But quite tough, every two hours must pump. Supply increase by 1/2oz. Hopefully tomorrow will increase more.
happy.gif

Mich and Phy, so envious both of your CLs are clean and good, i am wondering will i be that lucky anot.. Guess another two more months i will find out. Hope i wont complain to you all so much about her hehehehe
happy.gif
.. I feel that times so slow.. i am so heavy now, still have another 9 weeks more to "pop"... *sigh*
sad.gif

Phy, your gal so "guai" always sleeping... Guess Mich's gal also rite? All i can remember my gal was a colicky baby.. Cry and Cry non-stop and her voice was super loud somemore.. Just prsy hard my this boy will be "guai" "guai" one.. not so hot-tempered..

Hi, Anyone has good recommendation for good pD in AMK ? I heard Dr. Ong Eng Keow from "Sg BB & child" is good but I dont know what is his clinic address. Any idea?

hi moomoo29,

He's only there at Monday evenings

Blk 726 AMK Centre Ave 6 #01-4156
Tel: 64568874

Think u got to call to make appt first

Hi Nicole,

Where got always sleeping. She "sings" in the day. WHen my CL leaves I think I will die cos how to pump and attend to her singing?

She sings when she wees, poos. She cannot tahan dirty, so will sing even if wee a little.

Sigh ... I really dunno man. How to pump like that.

nicole, my CL used to rock my girl to sleep so when she left i really chiam. cos i had to pat so long. i refuse to rock its a bad habit.
only after 1 week got some improvement less crying.

phy, haha.. I think just i slandered my mom by my bad sentence structure. i meant, the CL wanted to poke my eye with needle to stop me from crying. :p Hey rgd the amt baby takes direct from the breast.. u know how to make sure she takes well? You keep a damp cloth by the side when you are nursing. When baby seems to fall asleep, whack that cold cloth onto her neck, face, feet.. whatever. And when you feel like baby is not really drinking more, compress your breast to squeeze the milk out.

Mich, yah don't rock.. just let baby fall asleep by herself in crib.

Catz, yah that is my goal, let her fall asleep on her own. I pat her if she is crying hysterically and only until she is calm. Then I stop and watch to see if she can drop to sleep herself. That was the way I trained my elder one to sleep. So all the time i can just put her into the cot and dun hear from her till the next morning. Life was good when the baby sleeps... that was why I decided to have a second one ha ha.

Phy, your gal is a clean little princess.. Let her tahan dirty also no good cos she will develop diaper rash if the soiled nappies never get to change.. I am sure you can handle, things normally gets better after the baby reach 1 month..

Mich, woah your CL really rock her.. bad habit leh.. imagine the baby gets use to it after CL left, you wont be able to do any housechores except rocking her and patting her.. Another bad habit is keep carrying her till she falls asleep.. As i know they will get very used to it till whenever you put them down in the cot to sleep, they will automatically wakes up.

Catz, Mich, Phy, i have some questions on breastfeeding issues,probably you all can share with me your experiences or knowledge with me,

1)During your hospital stay, as i know the first few days your breasts will only produce colostrum. How long do you all feed your newborn on one side of the breasts? e.g. 15 mins

2) Do you all offer one breast or two breasts for that colostrum period?

3) Do your babies cry when you try to switch them from one breast to another? i read from a book saying if the baby is comfy with that breast just let him suckle till he is satisfied whilst we can pump the milk from another breast to prevent engorgement.

My #1 i never start breastfeeding during my hospital stay as i dont know all these knowledge and i really detest feeding her cos whenever i start to switch breast, she will start crying loudly and refuse to continue to drink. This time around i wanna be liked you all breastfeed your own babies.
happy.gif
Imagine i have to start over again after 9 years..

Mich,

I think babies after first month easier to train la. Hope mine is like that. Haha!

Nicole,

During hospital stay, baby feed to stimulate your milk ss. They have abundant ss to last for 2 days. 15 mins each breast is good, as long as baby doesn't fall asleep.
happy.gif

Offer both breasts, cos you want to stimulate both breasts ma.

Crying: Sometimes, but just talk talk to baby, should be ok, dun worry.

Nicole,

first few days, you can feed 15-30 mins.. usually one nursing session is about 45 - 60 mins for me 'cos I just let baby suckle to get supply. Yes, offer both breasts.. baby will not take if she's full so no harm to offer. No problem with switching breasts.. maybe baby is startled?

nicole, i just feed about 20 mins on each side in hospital. Now each feeding session is bet 30min - 1 hour depending on time of the day.

actually, does anyone need those maternity loop pads? i still hv some leftover.. dunno how many but it's at least half a pack of those kotex ones. i also hv one sample pk of drypers s and one mamypoko nb sample.. not much lah but i would throw it away. any amk mums want to pick up from me at amk st 11? evenings 8pm - 9pm?

Catz, i already bought my maternity pads already from Kiddy Palace.. As for diapers, i took those leftovers which my cousin has passed over.. all nb size..

Ladies, thanks for your sharing with me.

Hihi nicole, no problem... if you happen to need it, can just take some from me. no harm to hv extra
happy.gif

Hi Ladies, i am getting so heavy now.. Have been experiencing Braxton Hicks Contraction on and off.. Told Dr Wong two days back about the situation, she gave me one kind of medication and ask me to take if necessary then bedrest.. I experienced it only after i do housework or standing too long to iron clothings..Dr Wong told me the consequence if the contraction has been ignored and prolonged for quite some time, it can trigger early labour.. So scary
sad.gif
Thank God during the check, my cervix hasnt dilated yet.. Mummies, do you all experienced this before? I remember when i had my #1 i still can go long shopping trip during my 32 weeks.. never had any Braxton Hicks Contraction.. but this time is a total diff experience for me .

Ya pls take care.. har? u don't hv a tumble dryer? Aiyoh, if I don't hv dryer I will drop dead from hanging all the clothes out. Pls take care hor... I also had contractions.. then went into early labour. So pls pls rest!!!

Hi Mummies, I am MTB in early Aug desperately seeking recommendation for good CL. Any1 can help? I am due anytime. I have confirmed one CL, I am damn frustrated she back out saying she can't do for me and refuse to pay my deposit. So if u have recommendation, please advise on those that can be trusted only.Please PM me at [email protected]

Catz, i dont have a tumble dryer. Normally i will use my washing machine spin dry the clothings before hanging out.. Hehehe. Anyway i cant do much of the chores nowadays.. do too much make me breathless and whole body aching..
How early was your labour?

my girl was low amniotic fluid and very small for her age.. so i was being monitored every 2-3 days.. when i went in for routine monitoring, found out i was already in labour (thought it was stomach ache).. terok. my boy was full 40 wks.. induced. :p he was 1kg+ bigger than my girl. so poor thing lah my girl.. even now she's very tiny.

Hi ladies

Havent been here for some time :)

Nicole at least u start washing BB clothes already. I havent even bought my chest of drawers yet lor :p

Do u have water retention at this stage? My fingers numb for few weeks already due to water retention

Mich hows ur girl girl now?

Catz, i think every pregnancies differs. Your gal is preemie while your boy is full-term.. now i very scared, try to rest as much as possible.. Now if i too gan chiong, my heart beat also very fast, feel so breathless mah chiam want to blackout..

Vick, long time no see you here. Miss you man!! You went to Japan and met your ah lao already? I already washed everything for my side, my MIL will wash those passover clothings over her side.. I also packed my hospital bag liao, kia su right? hehehe.. Now i guess is abit early to set-up the nursery room..
Talk about water retention.. i do have.. My fingers already numb esp when i wake up every morning..Haiz
sad.gif
Last week i went for my routine check-up, Dr Wong said my BP is abit high about 132 compared to my previous monthly 125.. She said is pretty normal for mummies when come to this stage.Now here pain there pain.. cant walk too much or stand too long also..

Nicole yah come back already - go there and be housewife for a week - cook, wash, clean house :p

Jia lat - u stress me leh. I am supposed to be due earlier than you and i havent even done anything yet!! Still have to buy some small stuff and most importantly the PLAYPEN!

Yah i agree. Very troublesome now cos sit also not right stand also not right - cant seem to find a comfortable position at all!

Nicole, no lah not kiasu lah. Better pack before you are too tired. 3rd trimester really sucks... rest wel ok??

Vick, i am not sressing you lah, i am just far bit of kiasu cos i am afraid my bump is getting bigger and i will be lazier to do lots of the things.. If you wanna get the Playpen, is best you get someone to help you to carry home hor.. At this point of time, dont exert yourself too much..

Catz, i am resting well everyday.. feel liked a "pig" eat and sleep most of the times.. Hehehe
happy.gif
Getting lazier each day, wonder how i am going to have the energy to "push" this little fellow out. Btw, i am wondering if the bb is down with jaundiced and needed to be hospitalised.. How am i going to store the expressed breastmilk to give to him ? Any advise? I know some mummies went to the hospital twice a day to give the EBM.

Nicole, u can express out milk and store in AVent milk bags or other brand milk bags. I went there to feed direct and if I not there, I told them to give her formula. No choice cos i couldn't pump anything out till day 5 or 6 leh.

Nicole, seriously lor, that's the only way to rest
happy.gif
No rest, harder to push. EBM you can get those Avent VIA cups or ask the nurses for glass bottles.

Nicole i feel like a "pig" also. Swell so much that really feel like piggy mother - which in some sense is true also since the little one is a pig haha

Mich/Catz, thanks for your advise..
happy.gif

Vick, yah lor my hus also said the same thing.. in the tummy that one is a piggy boy.. i am the piggy mummy lor.. how heavy is your baby now ?

Hi All

I am new here. Any one can share experience with me. My boy was born in wk 36. Now almost everyday keep wake from 12am to 3 am. dring day time he always sleeping help help

Thank in advance

Dear Mummies,

Do u have any good recommendations for PD in AMK?

I'm looking at good PD and affordable 6 in 1 jab for my bb. Please help. Thanks

Back