Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

Nicole storing with Singapore Cord Blood Bank means like public donation is it?

I was initially thinking of Cordlife but sigh losing quite a bit in the stock market recently so now keep telling my girl that she never bless me with good luck so now no $$$ left for her already...haha..this mummy siao one :p

Hihi vickvick,

Yap, storing in Singapore Cord Blood is like public donation. Except, not everyone's cord blood will be accepted. They will need to interview you and ask you a couple of questions, then you must sign to consent. At the end of it all, they may not even get to collect your cord blood if something happens in the ward and they did not have time to collect and store it.

Hi Nicole,

I have about 3 days left to the popping date. Very excited. But I think I kena rash at my tummy area. Maybe put too much stretchmark cream and now the whole tummy has spots. Very itchy, like rashes. Have been scrubbing my tummy and stopped any cream. Pray hard that the "rash" will leave soon.

Hi Elaine,

As Mich says, baby's kicking initially is like fluttering. But if you busy (and is a workaholic like me last time), you won't feel anything la. Keke ... But as you enter your 6th month, you can feel the punches and kicks.
happy.gif

Phy, dont apply anymore liao lah.. wait till you deliver, after one month use sea salt with olive oil as scrub them massage whatever stretch marks you have, it will lighten it. I have a feeling today or tomorrow you will "pop" leh.. hahahaha
happy.gif
Talking about the National Cord Blood Bank, you mentioned if something happen in the ward, they may not be able to collect and store it.. What if the baby need to use one day how?

Vick, you very cute leh..hehehe.. you start buying all the baby things already?

Hi Elaine, "pop" means go and give birth lah.. We always say "pop" the baby out hehehe..

Mummies, just to let you all know there is a storewide sale in Kiddy Palace till this Sunday, grab anything you want before the dateline ya..
happy.gif

hahahaha .... thanks nicole :p
ya e 20% storewide does not include those promo items hor? tot of buying the baby cot cum play pen
happy.gif

Nicole, i start buying bits and pieces here and there but the big ones like playpen havent get yet.

Planning to travel up to Tokyo to visit my Ah Lao during my 31st week but everyone telling me better not..Sigh..keep my fingers crossed that my gynae gives the clearance when i see him on Sat.

Nicole,

My rash getting itchier. I stopped applying any cream but then my skin is so dry. Just now came back from dinner, cannot tahan the itch, so hubby gave me a wet towel to put across my belly. I just pat the parts that are itchy as I watch the tv. Now a lot better, less red too. I think mebbe it's heat rash. Sigh ... going to give birth then all these problems. So unlucky. Now makes me really want to hurry up pop and get over it man!
sad.gif

Phy O, your rashes will be okay in a few days time.. Tahan... Your bb really cute, still dont want come out and see mummy.. Today is your gyane appt right? see whether what he says.. Meanwhile take good care, talk to your bb also ask her come out fast fast
happy.gif

Vick, will your Ah Lao be able to fly back in time to company you thruout your delivery process? btw, you are going there in your 31st week, it is advisable not to unless your gyane gives the green light lor but if your belly is big, i guess it will be very uncomfy for you to take a plane..

Hi Nicole,

Waa ... thunder and lightning. So heavy the rain. Yes yes, I hope the itch will go away soon. Cannot take it anymore. Yesterday itchy until I kept stroking my tum tum and ask her hurry come out so I no need to scratch. So she "drill" downwards. Then I wanna sleep so ask her to stop "drilling" Now morning, no activity. Maybe must ask her to "drill" downwards more so speed up labour ba.

~*1 day to EDD*~

Vick, how come your hubby based overseas and you never follow?

Phy, akan datang. All the best for your delivery! Waiting for your good news.

Elaine, i heard Chris Chong is a very good gyane..so i guess you will be delivering in Gleneagles?

Mich,so how's everything so far? Is your baby a good gal?

Nicole, Phy
My hubby will fly back one week before i am due. Airline restriction is about 34 weeks mah so i thought fly at 31 weeks very safe, still have a lot of buffer somemore! Aiyah see what gynae says tmr

Mich i supposed to follow him there after we got married last Dec. But who knows i so fast strike lottery during honeymoon? So no bian got to pop first then go lor
happy.gif

Vick, you so cute leh.. Strike lottery hahaha..
happy.gif
that was real fast.. Actually my ah lao and i planned to have this baby when we had our trip to Phuket last Dec also.. But the date we conceived seemed more liked Made In Singapore than Made In Phuket.. We also never think will be so lucky to strike mah, somemore i just switched to a new job. Bt, are you a housewife or working mama?

Nicole, just feel tired but must hang in there for the sake of breastfeeding
happy.gif
Baby got her fussy moments on good on the whole.

vick,

Should be ok ba. As long as you come back before 34 weeks. That's good. Just be careful, dun be over excited or stress. If possible, have someone be around you.

I'm still waiting ... keke ... already got show but no contractions .... sigh ... this waiting is worrying cos dunno water enough for baby. Tomorrow going check up again. See what gynae says!

Nicole, i am currently working but going to be out of job soon when i join my Ah Lao next year then. Anyway gynae says can travel up to 35th week. So good lor - no one is going to stop me from seeing my Ah Lao..haha

Phy u already past ur DD right? Maybe gynae will want to induce birth tmr..

Hi ladies,

Me should be going into the hospital today. Started my contractions but about 10 mins apart. Quite intense the pain. Made appt to see my gynae at 11am. Baby should be out today la.
happy.gif

nicole, i got to know Dr chong from my SIL. ya i will be deliver in Gleneagles. he is experience & detailed loh
happy.gif

phy ... all the best
happy.gif

Thanks Nicole. Actually dont think i will be moving around much since Ah Lao has to work. Probably stay at home most of the time.

Want to ask the mothers here how to choose a good playpen?? My parents in law went with me for the Motherhood exhibition but they also dont know how to buy lor-only give me comments that spend more never mind but dont get China brand. But i checked most are made in China lor!

vickvick, as long as the playpen is sturdy, means not shaky when you try and shake it then ok. Everything now is made in China whether they are American or Jap or European brand lah.

Hi all,

I'm back. Gave birth on the 18 June. But was readmitted the same night cos I cannot pass urine. Only managed to discharge yesterday. So happy.

Here's my birth story:

11am reach Hospital, found out doctor not back yet. Nurse asks me to go for lunch.

11.30am Managed to walk down to the TMC cafeteria with contractions 10 mins apart I think. Saw doctor having lunch. Told doctor I was postdue and having contractions, with show starting 2 days ago. Got "scolded" by doctor said I should have come on the 17th, he called labour ward to book a place for me to place me under 1 hr observation

12pm managed to finish lunch and walk up to labour ward

12.15pm kena strapped onto the machine, observe for an hour.

1pm Husband went off for an important meeting. Me all alone.

1.15pm Doctor came, regular contractions at 10 mins apart, but I was in great pain. Doctor checked, 0 cm dilated but cervix is soft. Doctor said to prepare to clear my poo and shave, then give me the laughing gas to ease my pain

1.20pm I struggled to change with major contractions at intervals. Then nurse taught me how to use the laughing gas. At first useless, then I changed position and managed to breathe more gas. Really helps to take the pain away. Nurse somemore said if cannot endure the pain, just sign the form and they will give me epidural.

2.30pm Nurse came and check. Then doctor came and check. Doctor said, "Can already" I was like what did that mean??? Minutes later nurse came to me and ask me if I wanted to call my husband. I was like "why?" I was told that I was 8 cm dilated. 8cm??? Where is my epidural? I thought the whole world said I ought to be in great pain and the labour process takes hours???

2.45pm Transferred to delivery ward.

3pm Husband managed to rush back. I was 9cm dilated.

3.15pm 10cm dilated. Told to push. Alamak! What is push? In my head still questioning why I had no epidural yet? All I could do was inhale the gas. Nurse said, no pain, dun inhale. Else no use later. Okay I agreed.

3.51pm After many pushes, Cos I dunno how to push, so push the head went in again, got scolding from nurse. Then nurse told me to push properly or they will get scolding from doctor. Baby finally is born.

By the way,

I'm looking to buy an electric pump. My manual pump pump till I die man.

Anyone has any good recommendations? Is the medela mini good? Thinking of getting that.

Congrats Phy, glad to hear that you never suffer too much pain during the process.. Your cervix is dilating fast enough
happy.gif
Well all i can describe is the pain is just liked when you are having diarrhoea and yet there is no toilet for you.. The "pain" is slightly worst than that which can make you break out cold sweat lor.Your pain threshold quite high also..

Medela is a good choice..quite a few mummies i know are using it.. I dont dare to buy as i still do not know whether my supply will be meeting my baby's demand anot so maybe for the first week, i will stick to my Avent Manual Pump first.. If supply is good, i will think of getting Medela Mini..

vickvick,

I gave in to partial BF and FM. Cannot make it. I got no milk at all man. So sian.

Today morning was the ultimate, baby suck till breast empty then still cry. She rejected both breasts. I very angry with her. So now everytime I will save my milk for like 6 hrs in the breasts then let her drink. Then she's full. So one day feed her only a few times. Very angry with myself for not being able to do better. Maybe invest in a better pump would help. Cos now in the morning I pump out very little, so maybe brain thinks no need so much milk.
sad.gif

Sigh ... Very tiring and trying...

Phy, who is doing confinement for you? Ask them to boil green papaya with fish then drink it as soup.. Your diet wise try to take more fish.. Dont get too agitated.. take it slow... cos your emotions do affect your milk supply too..
happy.gif
Take it easy ya, Phy as i do understand it is not easy.

Phy, one way is to latch on every 3 hours. Then after that ask CL to top up with formula. That's what I did in the beginning. After a while, supply came in, no need to top with formula liao.

Hi ladies,

I'm feeling better now. My massage lady came and massage me, after a good rest, my milk supply starts to come in. I dun feel the engorgement pain anymore.

As for feeds, I'll feed her in the morning, then afternoon when I'm having my massage, she'll be fed with FM. Then about 3pm I'll feed her again, 5pm if no milk then feed her FM or EBM from the early morning. About 8pm I'll feed her again. Then the midnight feed is FM. I'll express whatever I have then sleep. 3 am will auto wake up from engorged breast to feed her. Usually try to let her feed, not pump, so I no energy and too tired to pump.

But supply quite low, so about 1.5hrs later, CL will feed her with FM while I sleep. TOo tired to take care of her.

That's the best I can do so far. Yes, will hang in there. Feel a lot better today, no visitors and can sleep plenty.
happy.gif

Hi,

can any mummies help..? i thinking of enrol my gal next year to child care in AMK, nearer to my office. had shortlisted 4 childcare

1)Twinkgling G kids house
2)Intellect child care and development centre
3)NTUC child care centre at AMK blk 343
4)Pies Schoolhouse

did any mum sent their kids to any of the mentioned child care centre? any comments about these schools. heard some not so nice story of some other child care centre, really dun hope my gal end up in those school. thanks..

Yan, My girl attends NTUC at blk 329 - its pretty good. So maybe u can consifer that as well. I visited PIES school house, honestly I'm impressed. But its a little far from my inlaws place so never choose that place.

Phy O, how's your baby so far? Has she been a good gal? A few times i passed by your blk on my way to the market, i am very tempted to pop by to your place and see your gal but dont know which floor you stay Hehehehe
happy.gif

hi Mich,

thanks for you reply.. we like Pies , environment not bad. but after much consideration, we think we will find 1 in woodlands in stead. actually we stay in woodlands but we work in AMK. so if we put her in AMK, she might need to wait for us to pick her up close to 7pm everyday. then she will have her dinner pretty late. if in woodlands, the maid can pick her up and she will be taking her dinner earlier which we think will be more healthy lah..

sigh,,, really like Pies... bo bian...

Hi Nicole,

My baby is good as long as she's full. One thing I realised about her is she is never full on my breastmilk cos I think I dun supply enough. So my CL feeds her a lot a lot of FM even though I let her suckle a lot already. And then my CL can proudly tell me that she drank xxml amount, like so proud of it and baby is sleeping soundly because of that. Makes me quite depressed and frustrated sometimes, and can't wait for her to go. But sometimes when I need to lunch or go to the loo, then I'll just tell my CL to supplement to keep her quiet.

Life's been difficult la, that's all I can conclude, cos I didn't expect my milk supply is actually so so so low ma. But my hubby says, some BM is better than none. So I guess no matter how terrible a supplier I am, I still will persevere.

hi girls, sorry for MIA. got hospitalised a total of 7 nights during june due to stomach problems.. very traumatic.

phy o congrats.. don't worry.. and don't supplement. BM is like that. I had to pump out my milk and throw down the sink for 3 wks out of 4 wks in June.. now just started relatching Beth at 5 months.. very difficult but i'm determined to TBF her. She reacts very badly to formula.. and not as healthy as my son who was TBF until 10 months. Don't supplement ok? I know babies drink more from bottle... that's for sure.. but it's not a numbers game. If baby drinks till she's full (on the breast), less likely she will suffer obesity when she's older. Persevere!

hi cheerbb!! welcome!
sorry haven't read through the other postings.. just dropped in to say hi.

Anyone want to buy over 2 pks of S size (46 pcs per pack) Pampers Dry (red packaging) for $15. Got it in hamper but never use. Self collect at my place at AMK St 11. Or I can drop it off if I hv the car in the evenings. Let me know by PM'ing me.

Phy, really good to hear you still try your very best to BF your baby.. FM and drinking from bottles both ways make the baby satisfied cos FM taste better and milk flow faster from the bottle teats of cos compared suckle from the breasts. most importantly dont stress yourself over this matter.. take it easy..

Catz, welcome back again.. Oh dear, hope everything is fine with you now.. meanwhile take care ya..

Hello Cheerbb
happy.gif

Phy, r u having a full time CL or part time one? i was discouraged by friends and relatives and my mum to go for part time CL but my hubby prefer to have a PT CL becos he wants to take care of the BB at night on his own.

Back