Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children?

sorry that was NOT right back. I had to do appraisal for 3 of my staff then had to sit in a meeting room and do ranking for all my dept staff. Tomorrow another ranking day for all the organisation staff.

It's getting late. Gotta go. See u ladies tomorrow.

Rainbow
I fed my girls Scotts emulsion cod liver oil 5ml and vitamins C 100mg daily
seems to be quite effective

Tamarind
wow, how do you find time to coach your kids while working full time? amazing !

I felt the same way. Job is just to make a living, there is no passion.
I wish there is something I feel enthusiastic about, hobby is also a career that sort of thing, unfortunately I can't think of any

precious gem
I am sick of office politics too. not politically savy, just minding my own business at work. sigh...

Mommies
We were taught in school how to make a living as a professional in life, hence we do engineering, accountancy, etc

but important life skills such as like how to handle politics, how to be good parents were never taught. Assume we can become good parents automatically once we have kids??

I realised after having my first child that I do not know much about parenting. Need to start learning from scratch. hearsay from old folks are not always right

Hi ladies ... Good Morning. I really feel tired this morning and my my whole body is aching ... ok one more day to go & tomorrow this time, I'm going to be on my way ... sailing thru calm sea to a picturesque house on stilts ... getting a massage ... aaahhh ... ok snap out of it, I still got work today.

Rainbow, my boy kinda active and he can be quite a handful most of the times. These days he loves to open drawers especially my hubby's undergarments drawer & start 'unloading' everyhting out & throw them on the floor. Once he's finished, he'll go to the next drawer ... I'm really tired picking up after him, I mean there's plenty of housechores as it is. He won't play with the toys we got him. Just open drawers, unloading stuff, playing with plastic bottles, caps, containers & covers/lids, banging stuff, pressing buttons and if there's good music on, he'll dance. How he does it is by wriggling his stomach like a worm and when he's standing up, he'll bounce on his knees and also banging his head which sometimes put him off balance and he'll fall. He also adores his 5 yrs old sis and laugh at almost everything she does & she enjoys making him laugh.

Children are really precious and they bring so much joy no matter how much work they gave you!

hippo2002,

I think we are expected to be mothers from observing our own mother. This can cause clashes too if our hubby were to have a say & wanted our kids to be brought up like how his mother brought him up. Different parents have different parenting style.

Of course things are different now, most new parents talk to each other on how they are going to bring up their children. I guess that is why there's plenty of parenting workshops, seminars, talks, books etc. I think it's impt that both parents attend these talks or workshop rather than leaving it to the mothers. It's impt for couple to share same parenting style especially in disciplining the children.

I didn't know what to do when I had my first girl, I mean I didn't want to be exactly like my mom though she did have her strong points which I pick up. I just did my best & I must say I learn alot from that experience especially the mistakes that I made. I do not wish for that to happen to both my younger kids. They will forever come first above everything. I'd give up my career & everything for them. I always think, if I have to lose everything; my job, flat, all my possessions, for them, I would and I imagine we could live on the streets ... well I could pitch a tent by the beach & I cud probably work has a cleaner on the beach
happy.gif
No, I mean worst scenario case, I don't mind living in a 1 rm rented flat, eating porridge everyday, as long as my kids are with me and I can provide them with an education, roof over their head, food on the table & decent clothing. I 'll be happy with that. But if I have everything & were to lose my kids, I think I'd go crazy ... cuz I won't have a purpose to live. I think my kids give me a sense of direction & purpose to live. I am who I am Now because of them. Without them, I probably be Someone else.

Tamarind, that's a good way to pick up early childhood education tips! Attending your kid's courses as well. But sometimes, they don't really explain the principle behind certain activities, and so we're not quite sure how it should go.

Rainbow
Yes, I believe we need to guide our children along, especially when they're young, so that they will be able to handle things themselves as they grow older. For me, the difficulty now, as my girl grows older, is how to slowly give more leeway to her, for her to learn on her own. I can't always be looking out for her, can i?

When I let go a bit more, my mum thinks I don't care about her. But if I hold on tight, like when she was 5 or 6, she resents that, and sometimes turn rebellious. Sigh, hard to hit at the right spot.

Parenting
Yup, I'm still struggling and fumbling with mine! Different people have different parenting styles, and different children suit different styles. I'm still searching for mine with my girl. Hope to pick up more tips from parents here!

Hi Mummies

Good morning all...

Precious gem
Thanks for sharing...your description of your boy sound a bit like my boy when he was around that age..Now, he advance stage, as he is half a year older...now open fridge, cannot open and get what he wants, start to cry loudly.He adores his 8 years old sis and will do what she does.

Do you have anyone help you in taking care of your boy?Wonder how you managed him when you are away for this holiday?Like who is looking after him when you go spa?I surely cannot do all these with him around so I give up going anywhere...Have a good trip.

cowandchick
I understand what you mean...I am still supervise my gal closely as if I do not , she will surely go out of line. I tell myself I will guide her till she is in P6, and hopefully she will be more matured by then.

Rainbow,
This getaway is a family getaway, with kids, hubby, my parents, sister, 3 cousins & my aunt. I'm getting massages from a lady from the local village so no spa lah. I guess while I'm getting the massages, the other members of my family can help look after my kids. You know my aunt told me that a massage there cost less than S$10 & it's more than 1 hr! So I can't wait to get massaged day & night for all the 3 days I'm there!

Anyway, I take my kids when I'm travelling. I never spend a night away from them. When I go to spa, then it's either the babysitter or my mom who looks after them. I have not been to a spa in Singapore for quite awhile tho I still have an account with Body Wellnes.

Hippo2002,
When r u going to Body Wellness again? My account is at Peck Seah. My hubby thot that it is a better location so easy for him to park his vehicle on the side road. I let him choose the location bcuz he'll b the one end up sending & fetching me.

I did went to a spa a couple of months ago in Batam, "Martha Thilaar". You pay around S$100-$130 & u'll get treated from top to toe; full body scrub, sauna, jacuzzi, full body massage, facial, hair treatment, manicure & pedicure and even a hair cut/colouring! The whole thing takes about 5-6 hrs or so. I used to go there with a couple of friends but we've lost touch now. If any of you would like to go, I could arrange for it and we can go together. The pckg for 2-way ferry, seafood lunch and a car/MPV + driver at our disposal is about $37! Then you just need about S$100 for ur spa treatment. It's a whole day affair so be prepared to miss ur little ones. Anyway, we all mommies deserve to be pampered once in awhile right so we can recharged ourselves so we can serve our little ones/family better!
happy.gif
Take it like we need to go for maintenance for our body. Even a car gets it! Though I love the spa but really dread leaving my kids so that's why I only go once every 3-4 mths. The spa need to be booked in advance cuz there's lots of other "ibu2 dari Singapura" or Singapore ladies who frequent there.

Anyway, I hope all u mommies have a wonderful weekend with ur precious little ones ...
kao_happy.gif

Rainbow,
This getaway is a family getaway, with kids, hubby, my parents, sister, 3 cousins & my aunt. I'm getting massages from a lady from the local village so no spa lah. I guess while I'm getting the massages, the other members of my family can help look after my kids. You know my aunt told me that a massage there cost less than S$10 & it's more than 1 hr! So I can't wait to get massaged day & night for all the 3 days I'm there!

Anyway, I take my kids when I'm travelling. I never spend a night away from them. When I go to spa, then it's either the babysitter or my mom who looks after them. I have not been to a spa in Singapore for quite awhile tho I still have an account with Body Wellnes.

Hippo2002,
When r u going to Body Wellness again? My account is at Peck Seah. My hubby thot that it is a better location so easy for him to park his vehicle on the side road. I let him choose the location bcuz he'll b the one end up sending & fetching me.

I did went to a spa a couple of months ago in Batam, "Martha Thilaar". You pay around S$100-$130 & u'll get treated from top to toe; full body scrub, sauna, jacuzzi, full body massage, facial, hair treatment, manicure & pedicure and even a hair cut/colouring! The whole thing takes about 5-6 hrs or so. I used to go there with a couple of friends but we've lost touch now. If any of you would like to go, I could arrange for it and we can go together. The pckg for 2-way ferry, seafood lunch and a car/MPV + driver at our disposal is about $37! Then you just need about S$100 for ur spa treatment. It's a whole day affair so be prepared to miss ur little ones. Anyway, we all mommies deserve to be pampered once in awhile right so we can recharged ourselves so we can serve our little ones/family better!
happy.gif
Take it like we need to go for maintenance for our body. Even a car gets it! Though I love the spa but really dread leaving my kids so that's why I only go once every 3-4 mths. The spa need to be booked in advance cuz there's lots of other "ibu2 dari Singapura" or Singapore ladies who frequent there.

Anyway, I hope all u mommies have a wonderful weekend with ur precious little ones ...
kao_happy.gif

precious gem

You are so lucky to have so many people around to help.For me, we are standalone, that is extra help is only via maid and that it is. I guess with extended family members, things are very much different.

Just like you, I will take my kids whereever I go.A bit tough with this little boy so I rather sacrificed whatever holiday and postpond till he is older.

MMR JAB
Hey, anyone here tried giving paosheng , lingyang etc before the jab?Care to share ?Thanks

yes, parenting support very important!

sob sob...MIL favours BIL, only helps to take care of BIL kids while I'm entirely on my own taking care of both gals (even when I fell sick!). we lived so close to each other but I get zero support from her. felt so helpless sometimes

endure for so many years, finally sold my house & moved near my mom recently. now I can go facial & shopping occassionally, do volunteer work at my girl's school while my mom helps to babysit. When the kids are not feeling well, my mom even help to brew leng liang. now I feel so blessed :eek:)

hippo2002

Lucky u...My mum is a career women so she will not ever help caring for my kids.

MIL loves to cook but has got no patience with kids, so its better not to trouble her....

Rainbow
do you have a maid or entirely on your own ?

I used to have a trusted cleaner lady who helped out once a week for many years until we moved house. didn't engage another since moving to our new place. Hubby will help out in housework. we spread out the load over the week so that it's not too overwhelming
I order tingkat and cook porridge twice a day. Do laundry every alternate days.

hippo2002

I wish I am capable enough to manage without a maid...but surrender after the baby turned 5mths old.Before that, I have a part time maid that comes in once in a week,but still not able to cope...so full time maid comes into picture.

My concern is more like I do not want to stress myself to rush with time as in sending my girl to school, coach her with work, managed the running toddler, busy cooking....I guess, I no longer can adapt to the rushing lifestyle as I grow older...getting lazy and no more energy as well....

yeah, mission impossible!
I didn't want a maid so we sent my elder girl to full day childcare for almost 2 years. I only withdraw her when I'm capable of handling both of them together.
haha, my younger girl is the one having difficulty adjusting initally because she had to compete for attention with her elder sis. For the first 21 months, my younger girl has monopoly

Hippo2002
Hey,at least you understand the situation...at times, I just feel so blue as in why am not able to cope....

I do not want to send my toddler to childcare as I know I will be more stress when he fall sick very often with the cc environment.Maybe am anti childcare.

I just need a break somehow.I am just waiting and see when my son is ready and m more ready to do things myself...

hi precious gem

i've been to Martha Tilaar twice too...yes, they really treat us like queens and most importantly, so cheap and so good...pampered from head to toe.

I'm keen to go...2 other frens of mine could be interested too...maybe we could go on a Friday...let's go k? So excited now! hahaha

Hippo and Rainbow
Yes, family support is sooooo important. I thought I could have some when I had my girl. Unfortunately, my MIL couldn't cope with my crying girl - she was colicky. So, no choice had to quit my job. My mum made it clear to all us, her kids that she wants to enjoy her days without kids. She took care of us when we were younger, so we too feel she deserves a good rest! We can still count on her for short term emergency childcare, but that's all.

I had a maid for a year when my girl was about 3 months old, but let her go coz she was giving more problems! Sigh. Since then, managed on my own. Have a part-time maid coming in once a week to help with general cleaning and ironing.

It's only because I needed to help my girl in her school work that i sent my boy to childcare. So young... so sad! No choice here, so got to live with it. Now I have more time with my girl, and i don't feel so stressed out, and we have a better time together.

Brot them swimming yesterday, they loved it!

Cowandchick
I agreed with you given a choice, we will not send our little one to cc esp we are sahm.Glad that you are not so stressed up now.

Me still learning how to cope even I have a maid. Maid that gives me headache too.

Just had a conversation with my mum, she kept asking me to change maid and I tell her I have noted.That it is.

Have a good long weekend all...

hippo2002,
My kids sleep very late, around 11pm - 12 midnight. I return home at around 7pm, so I still have a few hours to play with them and teach them. I got maids at home so don't have to do any housework. My mother is very kiasu type, she is very diligent with teaching them during the day, like reading books, writing, and maths.

I know many kids sleep at 8pm, so mommies who work late probably don't get to interact with them at all during weekdays. It is quite sad. My parents-in-laws told me that they never play with my hubby and his sisters when they were young, I guess there are some parents like this.

cowandchick,
I attended some montessori classes with my girl, the teacher explained the principle behind each activity. But not in other classes like GUG and zoophonics.

I was at Zoophonics this afternoon with my boy, was quite unhappy with the class. There was this very young girl who would not sit still, kept running round and round in the class. The worst is that she was wearing a very noisy ankle chain, so we heard this ringing noise all throughout the class. The mother just let her run around, very inconsiderate ! My boy and a few other kids were very interested in listening to the teacher, but were distracted by this girl. I wonder why some mommies insisted on bringing their child to school when they are not ready to sit still ? It is a waste of money and disturbs other kids. Some mommies think that the child will sit still after a few months. But isn't it better to wait until the child is older ? I put my boy in the class when he is more than 2 years old, he is attentive from the first day.

Rainbow,
I got very angry with my newest maid this afternoon. She was feeding my boy milk, but did not tighten the bottle teat, so half the milk spilled on my boy and the mattress !!! This was the second time she made the same mistake. I was so angry, but tried not to yell at her, just warned her to be careful.

But there is no way I can handle housework while working full time. So I definitely need a maid. The only hope is for me to train the kids to be independent and help with house work, only then I can get rid of the maid. I plan to teach them to wipe the floor, wash the plates, wash and fold the clothes hehehe

This afternoon my almost 4 year old girl was playing snakes and ladders with my maid. This is the first time she was playing it. She enjoyed it at first, but later when she was losing the game, she cried very hard !!! I was shocked that she was so affected by winning and losing. Anyone's child is like this ?

tamarind
My gal was like yours when she was younger. You just have to explain to her and she will understand.

Regarding the milk thing, I think this maid will learn via making mistake. That was what happened to my maid. She was so silly and careless as to make hot milk for my baby.Lucky, my son refused it cos it was too hot.Many a times, my son knocked here and there also due to her inattentiveness....She gets better but at the expense of my child minor injury....

Hi Tamarind,

My 5 yr old boy also like very much to play snakes and ladders. He usually will play with the maid, so far never heard any complaints. I think because my boy which is older than yours, therefore he is more aware that this is only a game. Is this game new to yr girl, that's why will affect her so much. You know what, sometimes, my boy even can play on his own, for us maybe looks weird, but I can see he was enjoying himself.

precious gem, MO2
have you started sourcing for primary school for your kids?

for convenience, I would prefer my girl's school to be as near as possible. I noticed school bus is usually very early especially in morning session. the nearest school from my house ballot every year even for within 1 km. the next nearest school is 3 bus stop away. although no need to ballot if within 1 km but my girl will need to take school bus

Tamarind
how's PAP enrolment? did you get a place for your girl?

MO2,
Yes this is the first time my girl is playing. I wonder whether it is my mother's fault. She kept telling me to teach my girl to how to win the game ! But snakes and ladders depend entirely on the luck of throwing the dice, how to "learn" to win ? Sigh...I think my kiasu mother affected her.

Rainbow,
Other than being forgetful, this new maid is actually OK. So hopefully she will learn to be less forgetful.

hippo2002,
I managed to enrol both my girl and boy in the same PAP kindergarten/nursery for 2008. The school fees cost more, $180 compared to $85 for the usual ones. Have you heard of this type of PAP kindergarten ? Hopefully more expensive means better quality hehehe

Hippo2002 & Tamarind,
My son also in PAP-Tanjong Pagar, monthly fee $100. The PAP at my MIL place only $55. Same like you, maybe I kiasu taught the more expensive means better quality, then I ended up put him at $100. Now yours one more expensive. Quite surprise, how can this PAP kindergarten have no standard, just realise now. Actually, when I check on these two PAP, the principal told me $55 only 3 hrs and no computer class. And $100 is for 4 hrs plus computer class.

Tamarind,
Which PAP are going to? $185 is super expensive. Even the private kindergarten usually only cost $480 per term. In that case, isn't it better to put in the private one.

Previously, I ever heard my neighbour told me that they happy with PAP, lots of homework given. So far my son seldom bring back any homework. I bought some activity books for him to do, so far he is quite enjoy to do it.

Hippo2002,
I will also put the neighbourhood school for my son primary school. I hope that I no need to do some volunteer job, too lazy to do that.

Hippo2002
Think you must be looking at either st hildas, poh ching or gong sang right?

I agreed distance is very important and that is the reason why I send her to the nearest it can be. Went in not through a breeze cos needs to join clan.Send to mix school , so no need to worry again six years down the road.

my girl's PAP is $114/month but only payable for 10 months (June/Dec no payment)
it's 4 hours with computer. lots of homework leh. I always tell her if she's tried, no need to do but her teacher will still chase her to submit homework

Rainbow
I called St Hildas to enquire before, even parent volunteers need to ballot, probably because it's a gifted programme school
anyway too far from my house, no direct bus
my number 1 criteria: must be within walking distance so that she can sleeps later, no need to rush, especially in the morning

MO2, hippo2002,
Actually I was thinking of Zoophonics JW, they have kindergarten, but it costs $350 per month. I still need to pay $50 for school bus, total $400 per month ! So I thought $180 is not that expensive :p That includes enrichment class, and it's for 4 hours.

Like hippo2002, my number 1 criteria is also must be within walking distance, because I don't want my kids to take school bus at such a young age. I live in Jurong West where there are very few choices. There are church kindergartens, but these also cost near $200 per month and must take school bus. So I guess my best choice is the expensive PAP lor.

My girl is in PAP nursery now, never bring back homework leh. Her school fees is only $55 a month, including a snack, I think is very worth it. Only thing is the class size is too big, more than 20 kids. So for my boy, I enrolled him in the more expensive PAP nursery, $160 a month, which has a smaller class size.

Rainbow, hippo2002,
I heard from another thread, that if you are RC member, you can ask the MP to write a letter for you so your child can go to any school hehehe I was actually considering to become RC member, but then now already so busy balancing work and family, how to find time ?

tamarind

The RC member falls under the same category as parents volunter..subject to demand and supply of the space available....I used to work for the HQ.

Hippo2002
There are still other good schools around. Which part of tampinese are you in?

Kindergarten
I invested my older one in kinderland, started her abit young, 2plus.Do not think I will do the same for my son. Maynot send him to the same school as fully aircon....unless no choice.

Tamarind
my girl's PAP excludes enrichment like speech & drama, abacus, arts. All these we need to pay extra and are after PAP lessons time. She has snacks and computer lessons.
Does the $180 PAP include all these enrichments? then really worth it leh

the church kindergarten I enrol them is $500 per term for 3 hours. although more expensive than PAP but its advantage is nearer to my house, no need to walk that far and hopefully less homework. heard church kindergarten usually more relaxed :eek:)

Tamarind, MO2
grassroot leader also same phrase as parent volunteer but not sure how it works leh
I read in other threads that some schools need to start volunteer work 2 to 3 years before P1 registration
if you have a school in mind, better start enquiring now

Joy747
welcome to this thread!

hehe, was just enquiring because my girlfriend bought a flat near St Hildas, even before she is pregnant!
but eventually I didn't consider Tampines because I want to be as near as possible to my parents

I started volunteer work in my girl's school recently, the nearest school from my house. But there is a possibility of balloting too, even for parents volunteers, because MOE is reducing the number of intake every year. never mind lah, I consider it a valuable experience because I get to know other mommies and the kids are really adorable :eek:)

by the way, what do you mean by '..subject to demand and supply of the space available' ?

Joy747,
OIC in the same phase then no point lah. I thought RC member go more "power" hehehe

hippo2002,
$180 includes 1 enrichment class which is compulsory.
I heard it's not easy to get volunteer work also. I think no choice need to ballot.
I stay in Jurong West, would like to put my kids in Jurong West Primary School which is very near my block. But even this "no-name" school need to ballot, evey year about 300 kids ballot for 150 spaces. I heard one mommy stay 50 m from the school also cannot get her child in. I think need to depend on luck.

hippo2002
I find learning is a life-long process. We learn different things at different stage of life. For me, office politics is something which I and I believe most people don't like. As for being a parents, I think even if taught in school, at that time at such young age, I don't think I will be able to understand and appreciate until when I become a parent myself, which then I slowly pick it up. I don't deny for some may feel that it may be a little too late but I think otherwise cos it is never too late to learn, is just a matter whether you want to learn or not. I find that I learn and appreciate much better about parenthood after the birth of my boy and picking up the necessary skills along the way.

cowandchick
Parenthood is never easy. We must learn and guarge when to let go and when to pull tight, it is about experimenting and communication with children always is very important. I am still learning, at the age my boy is now, I am pulling tight over him.

precious_gem
Wow the Batam getaway is so interesting and very cheap indeed for the spa... I am always interested. I don't mind taking a day off from work for this treat.

tamarind
My boy is also a late sleeper like yours. So I also got time to play and interact with him. Most of the time, I am the one who get tired first...
happy.gif
My boy also has similar behaviour but not so much about winning or losing a game but more when he was playing with maybe block and he was stacking them but when it falls or is not in the position he wanted, he will yells, scream and cry.

Is the PAP called as Acorn Programme?

Well I'm not sure how this P1 thing works. When will the registration starts? I guess I should be happy if my daughter gets into any one of the nearer school to my home. I'm in Woodlands so there's quite a number of schools here and I think most of them are new except for a couple. Do share with me any info ... on this P1 thingy.

Initially I wanted to send her to a primary school near my work place; Teck Whye, but I don't think I will get piority & they probably want to know why. There's a couple of schools that I like around here cuz I visited them some years back.

Hi everyone! Wow, so much going on already. Better get back otherwise won't be able to catch up later!

Primary One
I share the same thoughts as most of you. Distance is No. 1. No point travelling half way round the world and back, only to be too exhausted to do anything. My girl's school used to be a short walk (less than 5 mins) away from home. Unfortunately the school closed due to low enrolment and she had to join another school. Although it isn't too far away (about 5 mins if I drive), I don't really like the 'mega' school concept. Luckily my girl has some friends from her old school with her, so not so lonely.

Pri One registration exercise usually starts around July. Depending on the phase you qualify, you will go anytime from July to September. Good luck to all mummies with kids going P1 next year. Hope you get the school of your choice!

Loosing at Games
My girl used to be a sore looser too, when young. You just need to de-emphasise the importance of winning. sometimes, when I play with her, I deliberately lose, letting her win. Then, I show her how happy I still was, although I didn't win! Slowly, she learns that winning isn't everything. Enjoying the game is the fun of it!

yeah lor, I'm thinking long term too
my 2 girls will have a total of 8 years in a primary school (they are 2 years apart)

my ex-collague said she wakes up at 5am every day to prepare her kids for school. my gosh! for my beauty sleep, I want a school as near as possible :eek:)

cowandchick
that's a great idea to show her winning isn't everything ! my girl wants to win every time

Tamarind, MO2

the way I see it, there is an opportunity cost in balloting
we can only register for one school on enrolment day. if ballot & can't get into 1st choice school (nearest), and 2nd choice school (next nearest) is fully taken up on the same day, then really stuck with limited choices, can only enrol in those 'left over' ones leh

my hubby's friend bought a condo next to a school but because of balloting, his son didn't get a vacancy. The other nearby schools were also taken up. He ended up in a primary school >3 km away, really frustrating leh

The problem is more apparent in the so-called 'better schools'. But to me, it is a matter of perception. I only want my girl to be happy and to enjoy her childhood. I do not want a genius, even less an exam-smart-only 'genius'. There are just too many of such kids around.

We deliberately chose the less popular school altho my home was within 1km of a 'better' school. I didn't want my girl to be so stressed up and get demoralised if her results aren't as good as her peers.

Presently, her grades are okay, not fantastic. But to me, as long as she knows her stuffs for her level, and does her work consistently, it is ok. I have parents coming to tell me I should be sending my girl for this and that tuition so that she can score higher marks. At the expense of her childhood? Naah, I don't think so.

Winning
Not all parents agree with me about the concept of 'not winning'. They say my girl so complacent! Lose also never mind!

One parent i know, tells her son, that he must always win and be the top! Waah... tall order! Luckily her boy quite smart, but I wonder how long he can last before he meets someone smarter. Then what?

Thanks hippo2002 for your info.
At least I better do some homework .....

I really thought now is still too early to think about this. Never ever think in my mind have to act now.

Quite salute to all of you. Thru all of your sharing in this thread, actually I learn a lot from you guys. Thanks.

Hi All

I feel that how well one is doing in school, does not mean surely do well in life. There are other factors affecting it too.....

For myself, I just provide a path for my kids, and whether they make it or not, its really up to them to carry on from them....EQ is equally impt. In life, besides education, I mean one aspect, we have to look into other qualities one should have too...My one cent of thought.

Rainbow
I agreed ! PSLE was such a big deal to me when I was sitting for the exam. Looking back now, it doesn't make a huge impact on my future path whether I achieved 3As or 4As

hehe, I told my girl my preferred secondary school is also just across the road 1 bus stop from our house, so she can aim for that one after PSLE. no need to go 'super big brand' school lah. everything must be near near, this lazy mommy, haha!

Jastan,
I think it is not called Acorn program, just called PCF kindergarten.
My girl does not scream or yell, but she will look very sad, and then tears start to roll, and she will cry quietly, it's her tactic to make us pity her.

cowandchick,
Like you I also want my kids to be happy and enjoy their childhood.

hippo2002,
Yes even though we stay right next to the school, we are not guarantee a place. They should give priority to parents staying with 500 m, instead of 2 km now hehehe.
I also worried that if I ballot and didn't get a place, I would end up in a not so good school. But no choice, almost every school in Jurong West need to ballot.
Like you I also prefer everything to be near near. So Jurong West Primary School, Jurong West Secondary school, Jurong Junior College, and NTU hahaha

Rainbow,
I agree with you. My brother did extremely well academically, got a PhD from the University of Cambridge, but now he cannot even support my parents financially. Actually to me, EQ is much more important than IQ. Even with very high IQ, but without good interpersonal skills, that person may not succeed in life.

tamarind
I also signed up my boy for 2008 Nursery at PCF kindergarten - Acorn Programme last week. He was telling me he don't want to go school... hiaz... during registration, I cannot tahan one of the admin staff, look so blur and never give clear instructions. Luckily she is not one of the teachers, else will have to think twice about registering..
happy.gif

tamarind
I also signed up my boy for 2008 Nursery at PCF kindergarten - Acorn Programme last week. He was telling me he don't want to go school... hiaz... during registration, I cannot tahan one of the admin staff, look so blur and never give clear instructions. Luckily she is not one of the teachers, else will have to think twice about registering..
happy.gif

Back