Any Good Pediatrician to recommend?

I think the PD consultation price is kind of fix within a range by the GOV.

Sometimes I get the original bottle type there too ... But I guess it depends on the medication prescribed.

i'm always charged $50 lei from my own pd, unless it's a long long consultation then i'm charged $70.

precisely, why is it only sometimes get the original bottle from SBCC? the medicine price they charge is not say cheap. my anitbiotic bottle is being mixed, though it comes in the original bottle. i questioned them as i saw the bottle was not sealed.

what i appreciate about my pd is that when we had to make followup visit to make sure my gal is recovering, i dun get charged again
happy.gif
phew!

my gal is the weaker type as she got the RSV virus when she's not even 1 month and had to stay in ICU. i guess bcos of this, every time she falls ill, it's more prolonged. so abit more careful.

not being cheapskate here, but i'm particular about money worth for value. and dunno why nowadays i feel the doctor quality has really gone down.

the really good doctors have long long queue, so much so i think they are overwhelmed by the 'load'. my salute to the good ones!

I had similar experience as mummylynne. The pd was very unhelpful and rude. Asked him abt wat cld hv caused my son's condition and was slapped with a "i can't believe u actually asked me such a question! Ridiculous! and u expect me to answer u?!" and all the while he was making this sarcastic laugh! it was after my outburst at his response tat he apologised unwilling but at the same time not forgetting to inject some sarcasm in his reply "My apologies! sometimes i jus overestimate pple's level of knowledge!"

juz visited Angeline bb clinic at woodlands a few days back cos my ger was having fever. wasn't a nice experience as the PD seemed to be rushing during the consultation, though there was only one patient waiting outside.and I didn't see her washing her hands before or after she handled my bb.she spoke fast and simply asked me to read an article on fever management .how can i possibly read and absorb the info within such a short period of time, with my bb crying away and the PD waiting for me? and when i try to ask more, she say" mummy, u juz read the article." shortly after, she talked for a while and the consultation is finished. she didnt even checked my ger's temperature when her chief complaint was fever! she juz rely on the temperature history i gave her.
next, she saw the heat rash on my ger's neck and say will order cream for her. when i pay at the counter, i realized its a hydrocort cream ( steriod). for heat rash???? i told her i dunt need it. all these cost me $50.

Jus something to share....

Please avoid Dr Ho Chin Seng ... I find him really pricey... and my hubby dun really like his attitude.... Think he's ard 50+ 60 .... old man pattern lar... like grandfather teaching granddaughter things when talking to me....

My baby just had jaundice and admitted to hospital for 3days 2 nite at Mount A... ended up the doctor fee we had to pay for him was $310! While my friend with another PD, her child stayed for the same duration, her doctor fee only $110.. So.... now we decide to change PD...

I saw recommendation for Dr Winston @ Kidslink (CCK) ~ me stay at Teck Whye... Will go to him... hope he's good... :D

Would also like to add that Dr Ang AT sucks... My baby had slight fever (37.5 degrees) at wk 9 and went to AAT as her PD Dr Keoy was off work. She overeacted and insisted that my bb be hospitalised even if i refused. Even suspected that she had kidney problem. Ordered several lab tests, and many dosages of antibiotics. After all the pain and suffering my baby went through in hospital for 3 days, the lab results showed that my baby was well.

I think Dr Winston @kidslink cck is ok. Prefer Dr Lieu at Baby and Kids at Upper Bukit Timah. But parking at B&K is a big problem.

Hi all,

Im staying in the bukit panjang area , wonder if anyone have any good and reasonably priced PDs around this area? I did a search from the yellow pages and the below PDs came in. Appreciate any comments on the below PDs. Thanks.

1. Angelin's baby and child clinic at woodlands

2. Anne's Baby and Child clinic at jurong east

3. Dorothy's Baby and Child Clinic at Bukit Timah Plaza

4. Ng Baby and child clinic at crown centre

5. Kidslink at Choa Chu Kang

hi mummies, i had a very bad encounter with Katong baby n child clinic. think its the same PD mentioned by mummylynne.
charged me $120 for a simple flu and was only given 3 days medicine.. he still have the nerves to ask me to bring my son back for review. his attitude also makes me wonder how he get his license. never bother to check my son temperature and didnt even check his lungs properly. at the end of the day, asked me to feed 5ml dosage to him. when i questioned the nurse, she use those tone that they knows better than me.. gosh!
my son is less than 2 yrs old and 5ml is definately overdose according to his weight.

mummies here better take note of tis PD

Hi,
Anyone's children is currently seeing Dr Ong Eng Keow ?? I'm looking for a PD now. Anyone can advise how is he and also advise on his charges ?

Is there others good PD to recommend as well at TPY area ?

thxs !
kao_smile.gif

Hi All,

My boy is seeing Doc Ong Eng Keow from birth till now. He is a very nice and responsible doctor.

My boy coming 1 yr old next mth.

Hi All,

I have seen quite a few Pd after having 2 kids now.

Mostly from Kinder Clinic

Dr Vasanthi ( Thumbs Up ) - Parkway Br
Dr Terence Tan ( Thumbs Up )- Mt A Br
Dr Gong ( Thumbs Up ) - Gleneagles

Dr Cheng ( SoSo )
Dr Lim ( SoSo )

And also my formal Pd dr, assisted in my birth of my elder boy in emergency c sect.

Dr Rhonda Watt ( Thumb Up ) Very friendly and chatty. She is now on her own no longer in Kinder Chain.

Hi All

My two boys(15 and 2 mths) are seeing Doc Terence Tan from kinder (Mount A).

I agree that the waiting time can be quite long sometime but is really worth the wait.

He is a very caring and hardworking doc.

Thumbs Up For Doc Terence Tan!!

Hi All,

My gal 5 weeks old went to visit Ann's baby and child clinic at jurong east due to her skin and stuffy nose prob. Im very disappointed with the doctor there, not professional at all!!! Cant even explain or even tell me about my gal problems. So I went to visit Dr Heng at Kidslink Jurong in the next 2 days, he told me my gal got eczema, sensitive nose. And Dr heng slowly explain to me about all this.

**Thumps up for Dr Heng**

hihi..

just given birth not long ago..
am staying in simei..
wondering if there are any good PD ard this area?
am currently visiting the one in TMC..
pls advice.

thanks!!

hi mummies,

currently with kidslink, dr ng. b4 tat was with dr terence tan @mt a but not convenient for me as i stay bukit panjang.
also see dr heng cos so coincidence my boi having high fever when the cck branch close.
thumbs up for the 3 PDs.

Hi Cheaky,

Nam Seng is my hb's family doctor.. Need to wait very long to see him.. My gal sees him as well... He is very experienced..
happy.gif

Hi Cheaky,

Nam Seng is now my dd's family doctor too.

He was the one who correctly diagnosed my gal as having rotavirus and roseola.
Not many doctors is as experienced as him to diagnose it correctly.
happy.gif

Yes, waiting time is super-duper long.... and his patients list is soooo looong...

Hi Angel

Dr Rhonda Watt is now on her own at Mt A. Her clinic is @ B1, M&G Clinic.

My family just loves her.....usually we will call her and seek for advise before we visit the clinic.

Can anyone share about their PD 6-in-1 vaccinations charges and consultation charges. My girl is now D8 and i am thinking of finding a good PD for her. I am fine with central or west area PD.

elmomo, which dr siva are u referring to? the one from Paragon?

Any recommendations for PD in the east area? My PD is in the west and i find it too far to travel there.

Hi geryvynne,

yup, the Dr Siva i am refering to is the one in Paragon. Saw him once when Dr Kenny Ee on urgent leave. Find him got EQ kind ..........played with my bb girl. then after checking her, he carried her on his lap while he wrote the prescription. Of course in professionaly judgement he is assuring too.

My girls usual PD is Dr Kenny Ee. A very nice hao hao xian sen type who don't brush/ rush u off even though he had alot of patients outside. He has night clinic every Wed at Parkway Parade. I m the opposite of u, i live in west, find it too far to travel to East.

hi, simp
my son took his 6 in 1 jab at Dr Foo Ai Leng's clinic in Yishun 417 she is a nice doctor and the charges is resonable.:)

Dr AAT is really exp!! guess how much is my Son medical fee? $416 !!! the whole cosulatation less then 5 min. I should check it up before go
sad.gif

Hi Mothers,

I will like to seek you advice on how much the following jabs cost during your visits to PDs...

1) 6 in 1 jab
2) Pneumococcal
3) Rotavirus

hi all,

i bring my 2 kids to terence of kinder. no need to say more coz he's simply the best, and my 2 kids take well to him and his medicine. other pds dun quite have the effect on my kids.

pls avoid tan kay soon at mtA 2nd level. the worst, mean, and sarcastic pd i've ever came across. simply put - horrid guy.

i never bring them to PDs for jabs though coz the consultation is ex. I bring to my GP in Punggol and she's terence's fren. She charges no consultation fees unless have to do the DA. Else the hexa jab is $110, prevenar is $165 and rota is $100. She also says no wonder the pds are all so rich, their charges are high! Ha ha

Hi.. I will b moving to stay at Woodlands soon.. any advise is there any gd n nice PD around tat area beside Angelin baby & child clinic?

My eldest gal was with Dr Kenny Ee @ Paragon (thumbs up!!), but now I am FTWM.. tough to bring my smallest gal thr for checkups/jabs...

pls advise TIA!!

<font color="blue">hi ladies,
can anyone tell me if there's a gd PD in tampines or pasir ris area?? </font>

Back