Any good advice? My hubby needs help.

I'm already getting help from a part timer. Thing is, my part timer comes in alternate weeks for 3-4 hours. It doesn't relief him on the daily chores still. Yes, we calculated the overheads as well as the salary. I think.... if he will step out, he can easily cover all these overheads and have some more to spare. So to really get a helper, we are taking a leap of faith that the helper can relief him of his time spent on chores and get him to be productive on his online trading. And I'm taking a bigger leap of faith that if he is still not productive, then he will get out and find a boss.
not sure how his job finding is... but if he still really interested in forex trading, i can introduce him to a group forex trading. the company is open by my ex-MD and he is quite reputable and always go around having seminar. at least group forex trading, can share woes, tips and exchange idea. heard some of the people there is doing quite well though, but really no promise...

if your family is having unstable income, i would still support a stable job.. i'm old fashioned type :p to me, forex trading is like a hobby.. like i invest for hobby, if have the additional money to spare then i invest. i dun quit my job for a hobby.. then if my hobby able to support my livelihood, then i quit my job...haha...

or else if he want to be househusband. at least do all his chores and dun give so much excuse la. forex has program & stimulation, he dun need to hawk eye the screen 24/7 if he setup a good one. i have friend who earn alot so her husband stay at home and look after kids & do housework. i think is logical. doesn't matter who earn money who stay at home. bottomline is each party must do his/her job well enough

Last edited:

Hope things are better for you now. May you and your family be blessed with happiness, love and abundance. May your hubby be blessed with clarity of thoughts and have a right job for him.

@Heavy Heart, how are things? Hope it has taken a a better turn since last year. Most guys have big egos such that if they're not contributing financially to the household, there'll be marriage problems between the couple.

It is only good if he tries to get some job be it part time etc. to feel like he is contributing.

I would have dump my hubby of 4 yrs if I have spoken to him and he need constant consoling, encouragement to get back to work and give me excuses non stop. Be it a woman or a man, it's just plain excuses to me. 4 years is long enough to know that it is not working out and even if there's a chance, you need to handle serious matters on hand first, which is putting bread on the table!

Back