Any Flying mothers around?

hi sungrapes
4 dogs is a lot!
maybe u like to get those Haenim Play yard (comes in 4-panels, 6 panels can fit a single/super single mattress) or the Safety Gate Play yard to confine ur boy??

or else think u need to confine ur dogs to the kitchen or outside the hse if ur mom lives in a landed property..

fur'll definitely be all around no matter how u separate ur boy from the dogs, juz like dust
but of cos if u separate them then contact with fur wld be lesser lo

mdm trussad i sat w her at an lss n gs wedding dinner be4. my husband said she v diff to work w one.

I also hav a shih tzu my boy 7mths now, then also dunno how to crawl. he only put on the bed n sort of move a bit here n there. but he can sit up tho. and even stand once or twice using a bar in front on his own. but by luck only i think.

as for those who r scheduled 20nov go back training gd luck. for me, im still considering if they call me in jan 08. my lawyer said might hav chance to get my child. but court things always 50-50. hard to say. depends on the judge one if i go back flying...

my colleagues keep asking me whether i regret cannot get to fly a380. i told them be guinea pig v shiong one. ppl outside the airline thinks so fun. but we know better... haha. uplift feather duster quite funny hor...

wah... heng arh... i nvr kenna with Mdm Tussaud b4 so i dunno.. hehe
happy.gif
hmm... i wonder y they behaves like that? i thought in the airline must be flexible then how come when it comes to them, they cant be flexible n adaptable???? its crazy to have a superior like her!!!

thks petite!

thks all mummies for the advices abt dogs vs bb issue.

i will talk to my mum abt this.But the dogs r my sis's precious..dun think she will allow them to b locked up in the kitchen whole day lor! headache man!

ok ok, i muz go buy my bday decor liao! all so nice..cant make up my mind!

petite,tktotts,
forum say i not allowed to post in the spree thread. y har? me still very junior is it?

any1 can help me place the order?? i alrdy type out leh!

Tmr Riz going for 1st day in Childcare. I don't know why I got this feeling that I don't feel good.
sad.gif

I am worry abt his sleeping, eating and putting things into his mouth and swallow. Sigh!

he has not gone for his Prevenar jab yet. Doc say got to wait another 3 weeks after his 18mths jab.

I will be starting training this 20Nov. I am very worry if he falls ill, there isn't any1 to take care of him. Childcare also won't accept.

That's wat happen last mth. That's why I defer my class.

Really having 2nd thoughts of going back to work with this major prob. sigh!

Sungrapes, Email me yr order will do. I will to the posting for you. YOu still got my email address?

SQ called me today to start training on 20Nov
but ow to go when my boy not wean yet..
sungrapes did they call u?
think many mommies "fly airplane" again..

petite,
i deleted ur email addy..faster gv me again can? thks so much!! *muak*

tot under 1yr cant post to sell..y cant buy thgs oso meh??

chidcare is like tat, the kids will always fall ill.but 1 flying father told me after a while will b ok cos the kids will build up their immune sys. but if no1 look after Riz wen he sick, then how u gonna fly?

gak,
no, they nv call me. cos they alrdy call many times and i told them cant make it this yr.

wahhh nobody here???

hehe u all "fly aeroplane" all start next yr... that day i had this dream that i went back flying and was like super blur onflight until kena left right up down... despite quitting for almost 2 yrs sigh... dunno whether is i miss flying or flying haunts me??

Now they trying to cut our annual leave by 1 wk!!

last time 21days rite? now they wan it 14days!! wah lau!!!!!!!

hi everybody,

fm whr i stop on the thread, YLC - i same as u leh, after i found out i'm pregnant, i was due for my SEP dry. i still went ahead n did the jump!!! hahaha...

i was actually scheduled for training on a380 on my last roster b4 i quit, i believe i might b one of the first few pioneers or they might have the intention to put me on the inaugural flt. but den, i quit b4 they could roster me. my gf on day flt, she told me the IFS is Vinod leh. no mdm tussaud...

can i check if anyone stay in Pasir Ris? do u guys know any good PD in the east? got to find one leh..

abt children in childcare, betta b careful cos kids always pass virus ard easily. my cousin's daughter kena hand-foot-mouth disease last wk in the childcare ctr. so scary...

sungrapes,
u sure they are cuttin on the AL? like dat v bo-hua leh, i tink reason for 21days leave is bcos we don't enjoy PHs, etc dat's y need to compensate us with more AL. wa, have to tink 2x if to go back flying if they cut AL... lugi big time...

Hi Godsent,

My friends recommended this PD maybe you may like to visit and see:

Pasir Ris Baby & Child Clinic (Dr Sim)

Blk 625 Elias Rd #02-322 Elias Mall Singapore 510625
Tel : 6581 0032

Sungrapes,

wah... no PH already quite cham... still wanna take away 1 week AL??? So does that mean they will give us back PH in lieu or something like that as compensation? Last time I hated flying during PH.. cant enjoy the holidays with family and friends esp CNY and Xmas!!! Aiyo... dunno y last time suay suay sure have flight during these periods and definitely will miss it one!

Godsent

I am staying in Pasir Ris, near mrt.

My PD is very good & I have recommended my friends to him. He operates at Mt Alvernia most of the time & at Siglap Center for 2 or 3 days per week. It's a chain of clinics & the name is Kinderclinic. My PD is Dr Lim Kwang Hsien.

madeleine,

if u don't mind, can u gif me his clinic details wif contact no... how's his charges like? thks alot!

Dr Lim Kwang Hsien
KINDERCLINIC
55 Siglap Road
#02-18 Siglap Centre
Tel:64467100
Tues 6pm-9pm
Thur 9am-1pm, 2pm-5pm, 6pm-9pm

He will be at Mt Alvernia the rest of the time.
Block A #06-03/04
Tel:64785925
Mon-Sat(except Thurs) 9am-1230pm
Mon & Fri 230pm-430pm

Charges are about $50 per consultation excluding medication.

godsent,
i go to kinderclinic oso,but the parkway parade branch. my PD is dr vasanthi..she oso very gd.
her tel:63424821

sungrapes,
oh ya, my gf told me dis indian pd too in PP. she told me she's v gd too and her clinic is always super crowded!!!.

madeleine,
thks for ur details. will check it out...

jus back fm my gynae c/u today and my gynae will include a pd checkup on my gal once she pop out in the delivery suite. other den dat, he mentioned dat i can bring her to any gp for vac or c/u... not necessary a pd...

Hello SIS,

I back in STC aridi.

For those whom going back, think yr training date is 12 Jan08. This yr no more RMS batch aridi. (nt enough pp to start another class)

For those whom still wants to go back, Still can try. They need lots of crew, even those whom had lots of MC, they still take in.

My batch very small, 6 of us only. We are to join the Trainee SEP class and wet run.

FYI:

US Embassy: The visa now is $150.00 nt $160.00. Go abit early. Cos got to wait outside b4 you can go in. Remember to bring yr old passport if yr old vise is in there.

PP there are F**. So beware!

1st date training: Watch 'blue' tapes (Service Buzz) and collect manuals. Very thick, alot to collect....

2nd day onwards, SEP. (abt 15-16 days)
Lots of P/T instructors. Very ON!. Cannot take time off to do things... Eitherwise got to repeat the course again.

Now bandaging, Infant CPR & Choking also got assements. Sian! (beside Adult CPR)

Got my SNY flts aridi.
After SNY also got SBs (10 days)
Then back to class for B777 training.

Now we are train for &44 & B777 only.

How to chg flts???

Wah petite,

sounds so siong ur schedule! everything also got assessment arh!!! Now everything seems to change LOTS!

petite,
thks for the insider info..at least i noe next yr class start date,got timeline for me to arrange my personal stuff.

btw,the birthday spree thg i can get on time? u msg or call me if cant make it then i can go buy. thks alot. now very busy with my boy, seldom got time to log on..he dun really nap in afternoon liao.thks!!

petite babe
u start training liao?

thanks for all the info ya!
besides Jan got RMS Feb & MAr got a not huh?
cuz my son birthday on 28Feb & i told Sheryn i prefer to return after my son turns 1yo...

can help me to check pls?

Thanks so much!!!

Naps:

aiyo headache arh... my ger also dun nap.... today brought her to gymboree to run wild!!! hahaha she is so tired after 1 hr hahaha great time for me to rest... after that she can sleep straight for 3 hrs
happy.gif
they have got so much energy so best to let them burn them off or else we suffer!!!

petite

WOW!! seems so siong now leh!! even RMS oso so strict the lessons!! *faint*

den they oso very clever lor.. after SNY oso place u on SBs.. coz they noe u all can work immediately one just tat wanna refresh the brain abit nia.. *chey*

so how is ur SNY destination? same places again?
happy.gif

This is my 2nd week in STC, I am dying aridi.

The First aid practical test for CPR is SOoooo difficult. 1 wrong position of hand on compression, you fail! MCQ is easy. Phew!. Now even got role play assesment.

Now I am doing the A/C SEP.

Another headache! Got oral test!
Everyday jump slide. My bums are red aridi.
Getting so diffcult to pass SEP.

gak (tinklebell28) & morraine (morraine), I will check if there are others dates.

Currently I heard there is another 2 more dates: 02 Jan & 20 Jan08

Ya lor! SB for 744 flts on XMAS & New yr some more!!!!

I am going to SYD & NGO

petite

wah win already lor.. SB on XMAS and New Yr.. wonder if crews nowadays still like last time.. so daring to take mc on these dates or not.. heh

Hi petite
happy.gif

Thanks!
can check got any like end feb & in mar pls?
cuz my son's DOB end feb...hope to return after he turns 1yo!

Wah...First Aid & SEP sounds so scary now!
last time so easy & yet we still complain!
Now Lah Gee DIFFICULT! UrrRGH!!

SB on X'mas & New Yr?
Xianz! can't keep ur boy company lo
sad.gif

SYD? oso xianz!
but NGO kinda compensate lo hor!

petite take care ya!

petite,

wah role playing issit like during the wet/let sep, we have scenerios and then we have to act and shout commands/ like in the aeroplane near the pool, where we have to act when situation arises, how to make announcement, take equipments, perform cpr b4 CIC comes in to do AED??

wah so many assessments on all these arh... they are really stepping up on these... but then i guess its impt lah... a person's life is in your hands, so cant relax on that aspect... but tougher on you only lor!

sighz... SB on Xmas & CNY. Thats the part i hate most while flying... the uncertainty of whether will get called up or not. If they have confirm flts, then not so bad at least anticipate where to go and what to do mah... if not damn sian lor!

Gal, you take care ya!! Wish you all the best! Gambatte!!!

Petite

Seems very difficult hor? Anyway 'jiayou'! Think of the $$$ & you will be ok. Nothing beats being financially independent.

Madeleine

Hi all,

Tks for the support.

Coming Mon is my Oral and practical test. Don't nod how to study. Sleep better.

We had a great instructer. Everyday in class we are playing 'Who wants to be millionaire'. Everyday is jokes and jokes. But coming Mon, chg instructer aridi
sad.gif

She always like to joke abt the new trainees, 1 is sotong, the other is sotong's cousin.

Hey everyone,
I used to fly too but not for SQ i used to fly Ek in dxb now im about 5 weeks preggie and dying at home so xian.How come you guys must pay for US visa?

hi demelza
actually we pay for the us visa 1st den get reimbursement from the co.

take care of urself now cos 1st 3mths v crucial period... i'm now at my 33+wks, popping in jan08.

petite
how's everything???

oral & practical tests ok?

godsent
erm, when i quit still no need to pay then get reimbursement for US visa le

when did the Co. implement that??

<font color="0000ff">erm yeah if my memory dun fails me.. i oso dun rem paying for it leh.. i rem something like just submit pictures onli mah den when i got it back, its stapled or glued to my passport already wor..</font>

yeah me too... i dun remember paying for it too... just submit photo then go to embassy to collect it.

Hello all, This sun I am going for my SNY aridi.
The LAG POLICY are killing me. So strict. I pack and pack, still cannot make it.

Yap, now you will need to pay and go to the embassy to it. By Jan the fees are abt $197+ I think.

tinklebeell, they do not want to dislcose the in take for Feb &amp; Mar. Sorry cannot help.

The rest, are you all starting in Jan?

Gak, Morraine, ylc,
started last yr or beginning of this yr i tink. b4 i quit, my visa was due and supposed to do it on the new procedure but bcos i oredi decide to throw letter, din do it. u need to get a cashier's order fm bank and pay when u go to the embassy to do the visa den take the receipt to get reimbursement.

Union is working on the new CA. i heard dat union is pushing for another contract for all female crew, starting from FSS. but co add in many disadvantages for the new extra contract, things like FSS not qualify for promo if they are renewed, etc. they oso intend to extend only 1yr for FSS which the union fully disagree. they are still arguing on these issues b4 it takes effect...

LAG not totally applicable to crew on some stations.. dat's wat i know before i quit 4mths back.

MERRY X"MAS to all! so rare to be in sin during the festive seasons... but everywhr is so crowded... yewks....

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!

yeah yeah so rare to be in Sin during Xmas and I guess I treasure it more now cus while flying I was nvr ard during the festive seasons!!!

Yest went church for Xmas mass, and i dressed my little girl as an angel... aiyo so cute... will post her pic here as soon as i download it to the comp! Its these moments that I treasure the most now!

Ylc, So cute.....

I just got back from 2 syd flts. Siong!!!!
SPML can hit too 70+. Just like walking to Syd and back.

Lots of MaMa. Hate it when they want IVGML when they did nt request for them. Is like searching High and low for Veg to give them.

Now almost like Sel-Sfo/ Lon flt. Except shorter flt time but the same amt of work!

Back