Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

Hi all,

Merry Christmas!!!

Ai yoh cheezel,

8.30 consider late liao. My boy wakes up at 7 plus. Sometimes 6 plus. So nowadays, if I can sleep till 7.45 very good liao.

U better get more sleep now ok?
happy.gif
U have less than 20 weeks to go to sleep in rite? Ha....

Athen
ya lo...sound true also....r u a SAHM?

btw, during confinment, baby will be looked after by CL right? so that month we just rest n pump milk/breastfeed baby?.....hubby say must get enuff rest, our baby can let my mil look after.....

Cheezel

I'm not a SAHM. I'll go mad if I stay at home to look after the monster. I work freelance.

Yes. During confinement, BB will be looked after by CL. We only need to eat, sleep, pump milk & bf bb. However, u must also ensure that bb knows u r mummy ie play with bb, help to look after bb when CL is doing the cooking & learn from CL how to look after bb. This is very impt. If not, U'll be in trouble after CL leave.

U R getting your mil to look after your bb? I'm not discouraging u from doing that. There may be conflict. As they may not like our modern way of bring up bb. So support from your hubby is very impt. Your hubby must know how to speak up if he knows u does not like what your mil do. MIL is not like our own mum. If we don like it, we can voice out.

Hi all,

My x'mas holiday is a nightmare. So angry with my boy. He refuses to take his afternoon nap over the weekend. So got to keep an eye on him. Yesterday, worse. He wanted to grab the standing fan, my hb carried him away, then he throw his tantrum. Lie on the floor & cry!!! Don give him toys also throw tantrum. Ai yoh so bad temper. Like my mil. Anyone have babies like tat?

zhuzhu

I din use anti-stretch mark cream. According to Dr Adrian, anti-stretch mark cream does not work on everybody. I heard normal body lotion or olive oil can liao.

zhuzhu
u always take MC? if not once in while ok one....when i in 1st trim, also on n off go MC....but my one is not tired la...its cos i spotting. even no spottin, dr adrian will also ask if i need MC....hehe...sometime i just request from him cos i dun wanna waste my leave.
NOrmally gynae will be more generous with MC than GP....
happy.gif
...cos they understand preggie woman gets tired easily, suffer from MS etc

I using the lavender olive oil. just to moisturise the skin at the tummy. not exp also...only abt 12 bucks

zhuzhu
ur boss know u preggie?

i inform my immediate boss when i know i preggie cos was instructed not to walk too much, carry heavy stuff.....n somemore i work in a laboratory.

Athen
hmm....feel better if either my mil or mom look after bb...if left with nanny or infant care, then will keep worrying abt bb one le

yes cheezel, they know already and r fussing over me.
Scared I overwork, scared I stress this and that.. somemore I work in all-men environment

Hi all mummies/MTBs,

Merry X-mas!
happy.gif

Athen,

My boy oso very hot-temper one. My mil said it's like me.. cos my hb's temper very soft one..
sad.gif

Anyway, the BJG teacher told me whenever my son throw temper, you just hold tight to him, then keep consoling him & telling him the reasons... soon he will give him & quiet down. I tried a few times, it works!
happy.gif

According to the teacher, bcos they're still young, so eventhough you beat their hand, they know wat is going on, but they will treat that is "playing with them", they won't learnt the lesson.

You can try the method.
happy.gif

Puea

Thanks for the advise. I'll try the method. I heard boys are like tat. Very hot temper & no patience. But my fren's gal is worse. If she does not get her way, will bang her head against the wall or floor. Choi, choi, choi, skaly my boy also like that next time.

I guess jus got to be very patienet with them.

Cheezel,

If bb look after by mil or mum, we will know that they will take good care of them. But may have conflict if they insist on using their old method lor. Personally, I feel that infant care better than babysitter cos regulated by govt & they are trained. I got to use infant care no other alternative.

zhuzhu,

Sometimes I feel that men are more caring than women when comes to taking care of MTB. From experience, more men will give up their seat in the train than women. So enjoy the privilege now. Limited period only yah?

hey mummies here

just wondering how long u all breastfeed ur baby? using latch on? pump? electric or manual?

cos now sale mah....so dunno if wanna buy pump anot. tot of avent manual cos dun think will breastfeed when back to work fr ML

Hi Ladies! wow, the previous thread was already archived!

I had been resting more these days coz the breathlessness is getting worse. Even when I'm not doing anything(just sitting down on the sofa), I get breathless and increased heartbeat. Very scary.

I took 1 mth ML b4 EDD coz similar to Athen, got pelvic pain whenever I walk and baby is also getting bigger. My gal is so active thru'out the whole day. She can kick and move continuously without resting. I guess she takes after her dad in this aspect. In fact, she responses very well to hubby's snoring at night and both of them sort of interrupt my sleep every night. One snoring , one kicking. Aiyo!

As for FBI, yes, need to call TMC to check coz the prices change frequently. But should be abt $100 plus. Hee, my last ParentCraft lesson is this Thur. All the best to those who are starting next year.

Btw, stretchmark cream really doesn't work. I started applying as early as 2nd month and twice a day...plus tried many brands, Boots, Locittane, J&J baby oil etc, but still the creepy lines appeared on my eight month, just when I tot the creams are working
sad.gif

So if you are lucky, you really dun need to use any cream.

One lactation consultant from TMC advised me not to buy any breastpump yet coz you got to wait till u deliver, then during the 1st 3 days at the hospital, the nurses will see which method is most suitable for you and baby. Heng! I nearly bot the Medela Electric pump. I will put the purchase on hold first and see how.

Btw cheezel, dun rush to buy any breastpump coz of sales season. Over the last few months, I had surveyed all the shopping centres, JL, Robinsons, Isetan, Metro, etc...they have sales all the time! dun rush to buy yet. If really no choice, need to buy urgently nxt time, can try out this shop at Paragon called Baby's first years (or something like that) ..They have sales on breastpump almost all the time. hee!

yah Athen I kinda of enjoy the priviledge now.. can't get anywhere else.
God, I'm feeling so sleepy and am having an headache!

Cheezel,

I'm still bf my boy (by pumping) cos he refuse to latch. He is 11 mths now. For me, I dun intend to bf after ML. But no choice cos lots of milk so got difficulty stopping. Whenever I try to slow down on the pumping, got lumps. So i'm slowing down very gradually. Heng ah now only pumping once a day.

Personally, I feel that got to buy breastpump b4 delivery. Cos need to stimulate milk ss b4 milk ss is established esp during the 1st few days. Meaning got to pump if bb does not empty the breast.

Those major dept stores always got sales. Esp JL & robinson. always having 20 or 15% off storewide. No need to buy now just need to research which brand is the better. I don like Medela Mini Elec. Very painful when pumping.

I find that elec pump better. Not so tiring. But more expensive. Avent elec pump comes with manual ones too. 15 mths warranty. The last time, something wrong with my pump, they change a new one for me no qns asked.

Perle,

What does the lc mean that nurses will see which method is most suitable for you & baby? Is it if bb don want to latch, then pump? From experience, they just teach me how to latch bb. They said got to use pump to stimulate milk ss. So better get one b4 birth. If not, your hb will need to run to shops to get for you during confinement.

My TMC ante-natal instructor advise need to get pump b4 birth leh. She was a nurse with TMC.

I saw from the forum that Baby's first few years has quite a number of complains from customers leh. Very bad service.

Athen/perle

thanks for the advise on breastpump. i will still buy b4 give birth...cos i scare later rush rush anyhow buy.....

It's Friday morning 5+ am and I can't sleep and sneezing and blocked nose.
Goodness, woke up for a peepee now cannot sleep liao.
Yest went to Isetan private sales and bot lots of stuff! Lucky trend clothes now fit for maternity ladies! heehee
Anyway my sil says my tummy is quite big for 2 mths leh.. wonder if it's giant bb or air nia cos my hb n I quite big in size one..
Well kudos for now.. I need to fall aslp fast again.

zhuzhu,

I have been sicked for the past few days too, down with fever, flu, cough & sore throat!
sad.gif

Went to see GP but till now still haven recover but luckily tonite going to see Dr Adrian, perhaps will get him to change better medicine for me!
happy.gif

If im sick, will my bb fall sick in my tummy too??

hey zhuzhu/angeline

better loads up with vit C...try not to fall ill during these times. plenty of water n fruits!

zhuzhu
tat time i see ur tummy still not big leh...so fast ballon liao? u eat alot ah?

Angeline,

How come u went to see GP? U sign up the package rite? Can see Dr Adrian. Consultation & medication all included leh.

Usually preg woman recover slower. BB won't fall sick in tummy. Don worry.

YA LOR,,,angeline...why go GP...when i'm sick during my pregnancy days, i'll go to Dr Adrian...usually he dun charge 4 extra consultation or pay ment unless it's an expensive medicine...or else...panadol or flu medicine will be FREE too..n ur gynae will kno u much better then ur GP....

I never eat alot leh.. Dun know y tummy balloon.
I oso got phelgm in throat for 1 week plus oradi, sometimes ok sometimes not.
Saw Dr Adrian yest and scan bb.. I very bad mummy.
Say got leg, hands and head but I only see bb head. The rest I cannot see leh, but hb can see..
Now I get occasional headaches too. Sianz.
Izit ok to drink redoxon vit c?
Before I preggie I drink it regularly everyday one leh, now I dun dare drink.

angeline
ya..how come u go see GP. dr adrian always ask me to see him if i down with anything.

zhuzhu
think redoxon should be fine ba....else better check with dr adrian...can just call up to ask. get get natural vit c fr fruits like Kiwi, orange etc.

zhuzhu
beside orange, there r lots of fruits with vit c....try to eat more fruits n vege. n drink plenty of water.

All Mummies n MTBs
Happy New Year!! Wishing all a fulfilling new yr ahead.

Cheezel, Athen & Ryatie22,

I went to GP cos that day really very serious liao & Dr Adrian not at SK all day lor!
sad.gif

So bo bian, i went straight to GP first but last fri, Dr Adrian serve me a course of antibiotic & ask me to continue taking the GP medicine till i recover.

Recently dunno wat happen leh, like merlion, keep vomitting! I have gastric problem one & GP ever told me that during pregnancy, my gastric problem will get worse!
sad.gif
OMG!!!

Last fri scanning, finally can see the bb heartbeat liao!!
happy.gif
So happy!!!

Anyone knows what brand of ulcer lotion pregnant women can use? I got 2 big ulcers on my tongue, very painful wor!!!
sad.gif

if u want the ulcer to recover fast and u can tahan pain . PUT salt and rub on it early morning. sure ok . i think it works betta and cheaper than bonjela ...

zhuzhu,

During lunchtime, went to medical hall to buy xi gua fen! Hopefully it heal fast!

Caicai,

I ever tried salt before but lagi jialat for me leh, the ulcer last even longer, dunno is it becos i rub too deep & hard....

hi angeline ,
after rubbing , the wound will become very painful. but the pain will be numb for a while.
i dunno if my description is gross . but when u are rubbing the ulcer , if there is saliva , DUN swallow it , spit it out ...

caicai,

Thanks, perhaps i try it out again!
happy.gif

Im very prone to ulcer one, almost every month have now & last very long such as 2weeks!!
sad.gif

angeline
drink more water wor....nowaday if MS hor will vomit n less appetite...so must replenish ur water content in ur body else get sick easily. must take wor esp for us preggie woman.

i read somewhere that salt wont heal the ulcer. sometime may agitate the wound even more. so try to drink more water....n also rinse ur mouth more often....think xi gua fen helps also...i always use tat when i have ulcer...will heal in a day or 2...
happy.gif

Angeline,

My hubby also very prone to ulcer. Like u used to get it every month & takes a long time to recover. Eversince he take 1000mg of Vit C every day, he don kana ulcer tat often liao.

If rubbing salt too painful, try using salt water to gaggle. May help.

Hope u recover soon.

Back