Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

Today morning went to see Dr Adrian cos I was feeling too good.. scanned bb and saw bb kicking, wriggling & performing some sort of boxing actions with his/her hands!!
So amazing! Funny thing Dr said bb looks happy but mummy ain't feeling too good..
I was reli amazed at what bb can do at 12weeks..

Zhuzhu,

Week 12 can see bb moving liao ah??
Im into my week 12 too, hope i can see my bb move too!!

Since both of us are in week 12, perhaps our due date is almost the same????
Im due on 09 Aug 07! What abt u??

When den we will know the sex of bb??? I very gan jiong!!!!

Angeline

if u bb is not sleeping during the scan then prob can see bb moving...hehe...

dr adrian only told me the gender when he is confirm with it at ard week 14...but only 90% confirm...then the next few visit, if really sure, he will tell u confirm. Ur detailed scan will confirm the gender too.

was at his clinic last night....super long Q....so many pple...

Cheezel,

Oic, hopefully he/she is not Zzzzz when im doing the scan!
happy.gif

Im in my week 12 only, hopefully by week 14, able to tell liao!! very excited!!
happy.gif

Today not feeling good, less than an hour vomitted twice liao, gastric abit painful too!
How i wish i can go home & rest but i dun want to waste my MC & leave leh!
sad.gif
Gotta to endure,hopefully later will be ok!

mother_of_a_princess,

Oic... anyway, you just relax and enjoy lah... Girls or boys are still your blood & flesh mah...
happy.gif

So when is your EDD?

Athen,

Oh really?? what time you saw me?
happy.gif

Yes, I did go limbang around 1pm - 3pm. Cos my sil stays there. And that day cos my mil coming, so we ate lunch there.

can someone advise me on the package rates?
heard it is ard $500 for the annetental checkup.
Does this include medications, supplements & the monthly scans to check on he foetus?

Tks

Athen

Many thanks for your help. wow, i think Dr Adrian is quite economical. I am paying abt $90 per visit to my family doc who i a gynae as well. He charges me $35, consu $25 for scans and $30 for some supplements like turinal. do i need to make appointments before popping down to consult him?

cheepoozz

U can give him a call b4 u go down as he may not be in the clinic due to delivery & he runs 2 clinics : CCK & SK.

Sandra

i experience abit of cramp during 1st trim too. however, if its consistent n u r not comfy with it....its always best to consult dr adrian. anyway u did pay for the pkg ma.

Athen,

Im still around!
happy.gif

Can i check if we go for NT scan, result is ok. Do we still need to go for Oscar scan?

What is the diff between NT & Oscar scan?

Im into my week 14 liao, what other test must i do?

Angeline

Dr Adrian din ask me to go for NT scan or Oscar scan at my time though I told him that my cousin got down syndrome. Cos he said that my triple test result shows very low probability.

I think Oscar scan includes NT scan & triple test. Oscar scan is more expensive. I heard that Oscar scan is more accurate. U can check the details with Dr Adrian.

I think I did triple test at 15 or 16 weeks. Can't really remember liao.

Angeline,

Triple test is blood test. He will ask if u want to do triple test. We need to pay for triple test. He'll take blood once & put in 2 tubes. 1 for triple test & 1 for normal blood test.

I can't really remember how much. Ever since preg till now my boy 1 yr still very forgetful. Have not found my memery yet. I think not more than $100.

Athen,

My memory used to be superb but now pregnant liao, become more & more forgetful & lose my concentration easily!!
sad.gif

Angeline

triple test, NT scan n Oscar test all test for the same thing...down/patau/edward synd. If ur NT result is good...low risk...then there is no need for u to take oscar test.

triple test accuracy is abt 60-70% and its sort of a "technology" behind NT n oscar test. Oscar test the most accurate so far...but if ur NT scan shows good result, dun think dr adrian will ask u to go for oscar test again.

angeline, did dr adrian mentioned can tell the sex at week 14? so early. i also very eager to know the sex of my baby. kekeke.

Cheezel,

Thanks for the explanation
happy.gif

One of the girl from SK Clinic did called me when the NT scan result is out, she said everything is okie lor
happy.gif

Maybe have to wait till next appointment den Dr Adrian will tell me more

Littlefire,

No leh, he never mention.
I oso very eager to know the gender of the bb den i can start buthing bb stuffs!!!
Think only at week 16 den can tell bah!

MTBs,

Is there any other fruits that we have to avoid besides pineapple, oranges, watermelons?

Cheezel,

Thanks for the explanation
happy.gif

One of the girl from SK Clinic did called me when the NT scan result is out, she said everything is okie lor
happy.gif

Maybe have to wait till next appointment den Dr Adrian will tell me more

Littlefire,

No leh, he never mention.
I oso very eager to know the gender of the bb den i can start buthing bb stuffs!!!
Think only at week 16 den can tell bah!

MTBs,

Is there any other fruits that we have to avoid besides pineapple, oranges, watermelons?

Btw, can we eat century egg ( pi dan )?

angeline

i didnt avoid orange....watermelon i only eat abit fr preggie till now....very little......i avoid pineapple totally cos tats what dr adrian asked me to cos i have a miscarriage once b4 this pregnancy...so prob he wanna play safe tis time rd ba...cos tat time when i 1st get preggie...he say anyting also can eat...

i also no eat century egg.....dunno what it contains.....just eat normal egg la...hehe.....

angeline

ya i also heard should avoid del monte banana but when i attend the antenatal class by mrs wong boh boi....she mention no need to avoid cos te banana is good.......but i still didnt take la....just to play safe.

Cheezel & Sandra,

Thanks for sharing
happy.gif

Before pregnant, i already dun take pineapple, so avoiding pineapple is ok for me.

As for watermelon & banana, i do eat but very little lor, scare too cooling!

I have cut down taking papaya too, only a slice once a week!

Calista,

How many weeks r u that Dr Adrian able to scan the gender?

Cheezel, Sandra, Angeline,

Jus to share what fruit I eat during preg.

Watermelon, apple, oranges, papaya, grapes, mandrain & dragonfruit. These are the main ones.

I take papaya or papaya milk almost everyday. Seems ok leh. Why cannot eat papaya? Dr Adrian also advise me not to take pineapple as it causes the womb to contract. Banana I only eat moderately.

Should be able to see the gender by 16 or 17 weeks. Provided your bb is coorperative. I only know the gender during detail scan. BB not coorperative.

Athen,

Some pple say papaya will cause bb jaundice but not sure is it true anot lah, i just cut down lor incase.....

Hee, think i have to wait patiently for another 2weeks to know the gender provided my bb ic cooperative lor
biggrin.gif

Athen,

oic, i have the misconception liao!
Listen too much to the elderly!!

Then i can continue to eat my papayas!
happy.gif

Angeline
y cannot eat papaya...i also got eat le..papaya high in vits also.
happy.gif

i ate grapes, guava, apples (green n red), honeydew, papaya, mango, orange, dragonfruits, peach, longans and many more.....dun restrict urself to a few fruits...very dull!

Cheezel,

Aiya, those elderly pple keep telling me not to eat papaya lor cos scare will cause bb jaundice!
That's y i tot papayas will really cause jaundice, but now after reading the link (provided by Athen) den i realise its not true!

Have u gals start taking bird nest? Last nite went buy a tael cost $270! Very X ah!!

Tonite going for scan again, hope bb is doing fine!
happy.gif

Sandra,

Congrats! U get to know your bb gender liao!!

Im going into week 15, tonite hope Dr Adrian able to scan & tell us!! I very gan jiong leh!!!

Just rem to eat all kind of foods in moderation will do!
happy.gif

Sandra

detailed scan cost ard 100+....if u under the FBI program...then with 10% disc...abt 90+.

angeline
i will start taking birdnest soon....initially wanna take during 2nd trim...but my mom advise not as its abit "cooling" so i just heed her advise and take during when 7 months.

my tummy getting bigger....can really feel the strain on my back liao...my bb likes to curl up at the left side of my tummy now....so can see my tummy round n hard at the left side n flabby at the right side....hehe....so cute....then i purposely go lie on my right side, can feel the bb move along with me.....ehehehe!

Hi

Forgive me for being sua ku. What is the purpose of taking birdnest? I din take any during preg.

I din take a lot of things that others take during preg. Such as chicken essense, liver, chinese herbs, birdnest. I think balance diet & Dr's vit should be good enough.

Cheezel,

Is it? my mum say can eat liao but moderate lor, cannot always eat lah, maybe once a month.
My coli told me she will take every fornightly leh but i think i better start once a mth first, play safe incase too cooling!

My tummy oso consider big liao, sometimes feel very tight! BB very active, kick here & there, very painful ah!!

Last nite, my hubby ask Dr Adrian abt the gender, doc said he will try to see if can see anot. Dr Adrian say 90% BOY!! I WAS SO HAPPY SIA cos i wanted a boy!!! But my kelian hubby kind of disappointed cos he wants a gal!
biggrin.gif

But Dr Adrian say have to wait till next visit den can 100% confirm leh!
sad.gif
Is 90% trustable??

Athen,

Think birdnest is for good complexion & improve bb lungs, i oso not very sure.

I did not take other tonic too, but once in a blue mood, i will take chicken essence.
perhaps u can check with the elderly wat to take
happy.gif

Angeline,

u how many months preggie liao? so fast can feel the tightness liao? i start to feel the tightness ard week 18-20.....
me 28 weeks.....just into 3rd trim. there r times when my bb stretch outwards till i can feel my skin gona tear off anytime......sometimes bb also dunno is it dancing inside, the whole tummy can shake one....now hoping n waiting for the moment to see bb leg n hands against my tummy......

tat time dr adrian also say 90% boy for my case....then the next visit, he just say confirm boy n shows us the birdie!

dun worry.....think he quite accurate ba.....

Athen
i heard taking bird nest will cause phelgm in bb....duno true anot...some bb got allergy also....also dunno if its due to the bridnest ....nevertheless, think can just take in moderation.....hehe.....

Cheezel,

Im week 15, usually evening time, my tummy feel tight! Im pretty petite but my tummy consider big liao, my colis said how come ur tummy so big, considering only 15weeks & first pregnancy!

Wow, u already into ur 3rd trim! Haha, ur bb very active, gd gd!!! At least u know he's growing healthy inside!
happy.gif

Really can see the birdie ah?? Very clearly ah??
Pray hard he's correct, dun wait till next visit den tell me its a gal, den i pengz.......
sad.gif
Think my hubby will be super happy if really gal cos he keep saying still got 10% to become a gal!
biggrin.gif

cheezel

I din take any birdnest. My boy seems to have a lot of phelgm. Not sure if it is due to grapes as I ate a lot of grapes. Heard grapes also causes phelgm not sure if it is true. I jus can't help it as I loves grapes.

Angeline/cheezel,

I heard boys are very hot temper & naughty. My boy is a very good example. So better be prepared.
happy.gif
I'm now watching supernanny to get tips from her on how to tame a naughty kid. My boy somehow behaves like those kids in the show.

Athen,

Ya, i agreed wat u said! Boys are usually harder to tame, i oso very scare! Scully become siao charbor like that, always screaming at my boy!
biggrin.gif

Angeline,

I'm a siao charbor now. I went to pick up my boy from infant care yesterday. The teacher was punishing him by making him sit on the chair (cannot come down to play) as he pulled other kid's hair. He wanted to move but don't dare as the teacher is very fierce. Ha.....

Athen,

At least he's scare of the teacher, some will even scream back at the teacher ah!
Funny leh, y kids are more afraid of teachers rather than parents har? Is it becos we pampered them too much?

Btw, when shd we sign up for the anenatal class?

Angeline,

He is only scare of this particular teacher. If other teachers punish him, he will not sit on the chair. He'll stand up. He even beat one of the teachers one day.
nono.gif

U can sign up for the class after 20 weeks.

Back