Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

hi athen, when my mense start to haywire, i seldom see the egg white. BBT also not stable. maybe its true im not ovulating. Hope i can get back to my normal cycle than current so short one.

hi joline

your cycle is not as bad as mine. my cycle range from 36 to 84 days. you may want to seek chinese phyiscian after trying sometime cos i have the same problem and don't ovulate regular. i also on clomid for 4 cycle but did not success. after treating by chinese physician for 11mths and i gave birth to a boy last year.

don't be sad.

IC_69, which physician did u see? is it really true that for chinese physician, they don't allow drinking tea being too 'liang'? i have the habit of drinking tea every morning. Dr adrian said try around 6 cycle. When he saw me tears, he was trying to brighten me up. Just like when my hubby asked what's the side effect, instead of saying bad one, he said we will get twin... each cycle got to take blood test and still not O, will have to increase the dosage.

and thank so much for the encouragement. I feel comfortable pouring my unhappiness here as all of u are so understanding
happy.gif

joline,
please be positive. i have a friend in the same situation and she cried so much when she realised she was not ovulating. she equated that as being infertile and she felt like a failure and a useless woman. even thou clomid did help her to conceive eventually, she continued to label herself as a woman who needed 'help' in conceiving.

i am not sure whether those are the feelings you are getting at the moment. but i just want to emphasize that not ovulating is a common problem in the world today. with increasing pollution, greater stress etc, many women are not ovulating for every cycle. one gynae ever shared with me that the body has the ability to assess whether it is fit enough to be pregnant and will ovulate accordingly. so it is no one's fault whether she is ovulating or not.

the friend i mentioned earlier managed to conceive naturally without any help in her subsequent pregnancies. So, not ovulating now doesn't mean that you don't ovulate at all.

in fact, it's good that you found out now. there are people who tried for months and even years before they decide to seek help from doctor and found out about it.

ezann, IC_69, thanks
happy.gif

Yah, Dr adrian kept assuring me that not ovulating is common, and some people even take clomid for 2nd pregnancy etc to faster conceive.

My AF reported today and has called clinic. now waiting for gynae to revert when to go back for blood test. this mense looks normal than the last one. Hope the last one is an extra mense due to stress. Yes, i will stay positive for the next few months and hope there's good news soon
happy.gif

dear all,

Im new to this forum!

This is my first baby & im into my 6weeks pregnancy stage, looking for gynae. Happened to read this thread, could u all please share more with me regards Dr Adrian Woodworth at SK.

Please advise :
1) When i should start seeing a gynae?
2) How much is his package? What does it include?
3) Which hospital can he deliver the baby?

I have seen a GP to confirm my pregnancy & gave me folic acid to take. Im sufferring from morning sickness too & he prescribe me some anti giddiness/vomitting medicine.

hi Angeline
Congrats

i'm not fr the SK clinic. me see him at his CCK clinic...but think in terms of pkg wise should be the same ba

1) it all depends on u. some only see gyane later like ard 8 weeks.....for me i see him when i tested positive with the kit n i wanted him to confirm my pregnancy and also gets some advise fr him.

2) $550 anytime once confirm preggie. includes scan, consultation, folic acid , normal vitamins n medication. it does not include NT scan, detailed scan etc.

3) Mt A, Mt E, Gleaneagle, TMC......

i suffer fr MS also during early weeks....lucky it subsides when i reach 12 weeks. so no worries!!

Hi Angeline

Congrats.

Go & see Dr Adrian early. More worth it cos unlimited no of visits. Package also includes medications if you are sick during preg & also normal blood test. It does not include triple test.

He will explain to u the details of his package when u visit him.
happy.gif

joline,
remember u must relax....dun stress yourself too much over these. go for some exercise and have a more balance diet. it may helps!!

hi, i'm new here. might want to get pregnant in late 2007 but still quite undecided. anything i should do in the meantime while preparing for pregnancy? i've already done a pre-marital screening from raffles medical before i got married but not sure if that is sufficient. are the screenings at gynaes more extensive?

zhuzhu,

The scan gynae does every visit is to ensure bb's growth & general development is ok. NT scan is a scan to screen for down syndrome. Detail scan is to scan bb's organs. this is to screen organ developmental problem. Hence, these scan require more sophisticated machines. not the normal ones gynaes have in their clinic.

BTW, if u go kk, gynaes do not do scan every visit.

Dear Cheezel & Athen,

Thanks for your well wishes.

LAst 2days was on mc due to low blood pressure & gastric reflux acid cos i do have gastric pain! Feeling terrible sia! Giddy & nausea most of the time!
sad.gif

I used to eat alot before my pregnacy & now i only ate a quater only & soemtimes i even throw out everything!!

Hope everything will goes well after this first trimester!

ok, i will make appointment with him asap!

Do u all think he will scan for me now?? Im very excited to see my bb leh!!!

angeline,
congrats!

i'm sure dr adrian will scan for you. you may be able to see baby's heartbeat via ultrasound scan. if tummy scan is not clear, he may suggest vaginal scan which will be a little uncomfortable.

Hey MTBs,
I just called Dr Adrian and he picks up the fone?
Where is his asst?? He sounds like a local, I tot he was a caucasian?
Made my appt, he so nice to accomodate me to let me see him at 9am though he open at 9.30am... so I'm gonna see him tmr!!

Ezann,

Thanks! Think i worried too much liao!!

Zhuzhu,

U make appointment at which clinic? SK or CCK?
Wonder if he will be in SK on sat??

zhuzhu,

He is eurasian. Look more like chinese. He can speak mandrain too. If he is not in his clinic, he'll divert calls to his mobile so that his patients can get him. U probably got him on his mobile.

zhuzhu
u going to see dr adrian tomor? i thinking of going to see him too le cos today right side tummy got crampy feeling...like the vein got pulled by something le.....now still have the feeling.....then when i try to massage my tummy, can feel bb moving along with my hand movement...dunno what he doing inside.....somersault or ???....ladies ...any concerns ah?

cheezel,

It is normal to feel pulling sensation. Cos womb is stretching. Yah I think bb is dancing inside. How many weeks are u? If u are not comfortable, give him a call & see what he says. He'll see u if necessary.

Athen

me going 20 weeks. last night when sleeping also can feel the cramp le esp when i turning. but this morning when i wake up, ok liao. haiz...also dunno if need to see him anot.

zhuzhu
6 weeks cannot feel bb movement la. i only feel my bb movement ard 16 weeks. tat time i also suffer fr dizziness...almost fainted in the toilet when i wake up at night to pee....but hor....when i told dr adrian...he say its good! so if u suffer fr MS now, dun worry...will get over it soon la.....dun worry....i was very grumpy, nauseas, vomit, giddy when in 1st trim. am glad all is over...

I just saw Dr Adrian. He is so funny.
Gave me 2 week supply of Duphaston. I signed the package oradi and paid half for it cos it's so much cos saving this way.
He have not told me my EDD, maybe next appt visit. He talks a like bullet leh, so fast. He answered all my qns I wrote on a paper and like u ladies he say the worse my MS the more happy he is cos it mean bb is growing well!
Saw bb heartbeat today! Heehee!
He told me bb is 5 weeks plus, but last sunday when i went TMC due to spotting doc told me bb is 5weeks plus too. When is bb gonna grow more? Seems the no of weeks nvr changes.. sigh

zhuzhu
r u the first one? i was there at the clinic too. i saw dr adrian driving into the carpark at ard 9.20am when my car was just at the junction....n when i reach the clinic, he is already seeing the first patient. think i saw u. ur hubby accompany u right? hehe......

ya, dr adrian speaks very fast one.
happy.gif
so must listen carefully in case u miss something out. Dr adrian use scan to determne the no of week bb is, so should be more accurate ba. tat time i think mine is also like ur case. when i go see him, he told me 9 weeks, then the next week when i see him, he told me 11 weeks. Once you go for NT scan at week 12, it should be more accurate liao. so no worry hor....rest more also.

i shift my appt 2 week earlier...cos still abit worry abt the cramp. bb is alright...weighs 360gm now.....everytime see bb, then will feel very happy.
happy.gif

which lady were u?
I was with my hb lor, he was the one sleeping.
I went in 1st! Were u the one wearing bb in constuction t-sht?

zhuzhu

yeah! i m the one in grey tshirt with red wording "Baby Under COnstruction"...hehe...r u the one with long curly hair, wearing white blouse n blue&white strips short cappri pant n silver gold cover shoe? ur hubby wearing white shirt n black pants?

when will Dr Adrian tell my EDD??
He din take my blood pressure and weight and all leh? 1st visit with him, told him I've seen other gynae b4 but I realised tat his charges were different from my previous gynae though they r from same from thomson

zhuzhu
no la...my hubby wear blue t shirt n kakhi bermuda, siting beside me...the one wearing grey tshirt n red was with his wife who is wearing red tshirt. dun mix up....hehehe.....

i stay jurong. u leh?

Dr Adrian didnt tell me my EDD during the 1st trim....only when i ask him...but normally he will give me a printout of the bb scan n on it, EDD is stated. After ur NT scan at week 12, EDD is more accurate, n he will based on that thereafter.

he only take blood pressure and urine test when i ard week 10 or 11......never take my wt b4. i ask him if i need to monitor wt..he say what is impt during pregnancy is the wt of bb not mommy. some mommy gain 10-15kg n their bb weigh abt 4kg...some gain 20-30kg n their bb only weigh abt 2-3kg.....

my huby sitting quietly there. we feeling abit warm cos the guy in grey tshirt complain tat the aircon dripping water so the assistant has no choice but to off the aircon n i started to sweat abit when its my turn.

hehe...i told my hubby at the clinic dunno if u r the one.....then we just keep a lookout when u n ur hubby walked out fr dr adrian room. ur hubby looks tired....but u look excited!!
hehehe

Huh? The airocn still dripping water ah? It was like that when I was preg. My boy now almost 11 mths liao still not fix yet ah. Ai yoh.

zhuzhu, he usually will not tell u the EDD unless u ask. He also din tell me my EDD. He is the kind of person where no question no answer. He will not tell u anything unless it is a cause for concern. Bo chap kind of Dr. But he is ok.

cheelze, so your cramp ok? Very soon, your bb will start dancing at nite till u have a problem sleeping. Ha....

Athen

my bb now hor sometime just 1-2 min b4 my alarm clock rang, he starts to knock at my tummy liao. like waking me 1st. so funni.....sometime in the middle of night i go pee, then when i lie back on the bed, i can feel his movement....think he haben sleep...but i zzzzz like a pig ....haha....

ya lo...aircon still dripping water....nobody bothers to repair i think.....

Cheezel,
cos I saw bb heartbeat feel happy.
My hb looked tired cos he come fetch me from work and gotta wake up 7am so very tired lor.
My scan got no EDD leh, how to see the measure?

zhuzhu
prob still early...think dr adrian haben measure the size of the sac yet. normally he will use his scan to drag from one end of the sac to the other end to measure the size...then after tat at the bottom of the printout, will state the size of the sac n EDD....

zhuzhu
is like tat one....plain crackers will help...esp if u kana nausea n vomit......MS will start to kick in ard week 7.....but there r some who never experince any MS.

zhuzhu

U should be able to see a date & measurement in mm at the bottom of the printout. That is your EDD according to the measurement of the sag / CRL of the bb.

zhuzhu
u went to see a diff gynae b4? i think diff gynae practice diff style...my colleague dun even get to scan until she is abt 12 weeks. normally her gynae just press on her tummy to feel the bb position.

Hi ladies,

Wow, seems like we got more & more new MTBs in this thread liao har!
happy.gif

Congrats to all new MTBs!
kao_cheers.gif

zhuzhu, you stay @ bt batok? Me too.
happy.gif

I oso saw a gynae @ bt batok b4 signed up Dr Adrian. Compared to the previous gynae, Dr Adrian's package is much much cheaper liao.

cheezel is right, some gynae just press on MTB's tummy then they will know how big is the bb liao... which to me, this is incredible lor! :p

Athen, thanks for your receipt!
happy.gif

Back