any 35 and above trying for their first?

My HSG was done on my cd11. At first was a female doc, but halfway through changed to a male doc.. cos i got some discharge and somehow she doesn't know what to do.. :oops:

Nope, never done iui before, but did my first ivf 3 months ago in May. Too bad is a failure. Spotting before bt, then went down to do bt but got no reading, not even 1 :( Doc then ask me to try DHEA, got 2 bottles but haven't eat yet, cos she told me its something like a male hormone (??). Anyone knows what is DHEA, cos I don't dare to take.

I may try ivf again, but I'd try natural for the time being, cos I kinda got phobia of ivf... the agony and anticipation, my tummy swell like a ball, bruises all over.. in the end only retrived 5 eggs, 4 embryos fertilized, 2 transferred, 2 didn't make it.. So nothing to freeze, back to square 1. Breakdown and cried.. Really salute to those who went back for a second attemp! Good luck to you brave girlies.

HSG, hmmm... just imagine a mini powerful waterjet jetting into your 'there', so it do stings inside.

Btw, I'm 40, married 10 years, trying for our first. Quite sad lah, sometimes I imagine when I'm 50, my kid is only 10 :eek:!! Provided I got a +ve this year, that is.
Seem like I really do need a miracle!! But then again, nothing is impossible, right? Try, try and try again! Gambatte~

Hi Star.star, like yourself, I'm married for 10 yrs, just one year younger than u. Don't need feel sad. We may be older than others when our bb at age 10 but I believe whenever we see them, it's worth everything that we went thr. :)

Before I stared ivf journey, me n my hubby have agreed on this.
That We will keep trying.... Try Try Try...Eventually ....if still fails, too bad... But at least we know we have tried our best n won't regret when We look back many many years later.

N Yes, I do agree nothing is impossible. :)

Babysparkles indeed it's a trying journey....

Since you've decided to restart a new cycle, just chiong! Think happy thoughts and let the rest fall in place.

Hi DTAL n everyone... started my injection today.. got the nurse to do it for me.. so i dont have to feel so stressed doing it myself. phew.. i'm really not good with needles...

anyway.. doc scanned me and eggs are still small... hopefully will grow well... *pray*pray*...

any advice on special diet i should be taking now ? i started to take the egg whites this morning.. 8 of them !! (almost puked!.. took 4 then take a short break then another 4 before going to work...)

oh ya.. ok to do yoga during this period u think?

think the injection makes me feel a little irritable n emotional... anyone knows how to manage this ??

Hopenfaith, on the yoga part :

I really don't recommend so unless there are teachers trained to help you with fertility poses. I do fertility poses even in my 2ww but nothing else. And especially now you're on stim, your ovaries are going to be expanded and any twisting or inversion poses may strain you there.

So that's just what I think la.

You'll be an expert in no time on the needle. Just do it 2-3x and you can close your eyes doing it :)

I don't know how you can do it. 8 egg whites?! 2 daily I already wanna throw my last night dinner.

I don't feel anything different with the stim. Just slighted bloated. But I do burn relaxing essential oils. That may help.

HopenFaith, I m also bad w needles. During my first, I tried injecting myself but end up pulling needle out immed when I felt pain. N i don't dare try again. I had to go back clinic n asked for help.
After that, it's my hubby who helped me with all e injections.
All the best for ur stim. :)

Babysparkles, don't be sian. Our eggies r waiting for us. We must jia you for them k! ;)

I also married late at age 35. Actually I got abit of problem to consummate :p. (paisay to say) Now I am going 38 yrs old. In my week 8 BFP now. Pray everything goes well. Not sure if you wana hear 2nd opinion. You may wish to consult another gynae. Dr HK Ho @ Mt Alvernia. Good luck! PS: The baby photo here is me 36 yrs ago. haha. Hope my beanie will look like this. lol )
hi sotong mummy...is it hard to book with dr ho? i heard that he only accepts bookings on referrals. is that true?

My HSG was done on my cd11. At first was a female doc, but halfway through changed to a male doc.. cos i got some discharge and somehow she doesn't know what to do.. :oops:

Nope, never done iui before, but did my first ivf 3 months ago in May. Too bad is a failure. Spotting before bt, then went down to do bt but got no reading, not even 1 :( Doc then ask me to try DHEA, got 2 bottles but haven't eat yet, cos she told me its something like a male hormone (??). Anyone knows what is DHEA, cos I don't dare to take.

I may try ivf again, but I'd try natural for the time being, cos I kinda got phobia of ivf... the agony and anticipation, my tummy swell like a ball, bruises all over.. in the end only retrived 5 eggs, 4 embryos fertilized, 2 transferred, 2 didn't make it.. So nothing to freeze, back to square 1. Breakdown and cried.. Really salute to those who went back for a second attemp! Good luck to you brave girlies.

HSG, hmmm... just imagine a mini powerful waterjet jetting into your 'there', so it do stings inside.

Btw, I'm 40, married 10 years, trying for our first. Quite sad lah, sometimes I imagine when I'm 50, my kid is only 10 :eek:!! Provided I got a +ve this year, that is.
Seem like I really do need a miracle!! But then again, nothing is impossible, right? Try, try and try again! Gambatte~

Last edited:
Unfortunately friends around me don't have good hit rate with iui. Therefore when I went kkh i straight away asked for ivf and my doc agrees so.

hi sotong mummy...is it hard to book with dr ho? i heard that he only accepts bookings on referrals. is that true?
Crayoncin, I not so sure. I was recommended by my sis cos he's my sis gynae. After I got married I had abit of problem (paisay to say in detail) so I went to him. He treated me. His clinic is usually packed with many patients but if certain weekdays, it's still ok. You may try. Good luck! I heard Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC also very popular from the mummies here in SMF.

Hey sotong mummy, but I remembered you saying that you tried second month and bfp. Take very good care of yourself. Ur morning sickness how?
Ya. I only tried this year. For about two years, I was in a sex-less marriage. haha :p Now feeling very nauseous but nothing to vomit out. Just saliva. Sigh.
Btw, if I not wrong you are born in 1978? still younger than me lar. I am 1976 leh. Add oil!!!

First time posting here. Am on my 3rd iui tww. If not successful then I may move to ivf. The journey had been difficult but I found strength reading the posts here, and made me feel that I'm not alone. Thanks ladies.,

Baby dusts to all of us here!

Thank you for the useful info on hsg! Can't wait to see my gynae and hear what she says. But I think I can't be too gan chiong. Like how I was ganchiong over iui and anyhow hantam a raffles gynae and ended up with rashes which took more than 3 months to go away!
Yesterday resumed my acu with dr zou and asked for her medicine. Now I am abit hesitant to take because seems like ladies who go to see her usually go for her acu only and see tsb for her med? Should be safe to take her medicine?
I think many times I self sabotage cause always too gan chiong.
@oceandeep78 HSG is usually done after your menses but before your ovulation. You need to call KK on your first day of menses to make appt. But have to make sure you are not pregnant before do HSG! Very important. Good luck!

Yes you are right! But you are much more fertile than me!! (touch wood as you are in 1st trim now)
I will see my gynae and have her explore options for me.
Ya. I only tried this year. For about two years, I was in a sex-less marriage. haha :p Now feeling very nauseous but nothing to vomit out. Just saliva. Sigh.
Btw, if I not wrong you are born in 1978? still younger than me lar. I am 1976 leh. Add oil!!![/QUO

Hi oceandeep,

I also don't take medicine from dr Zou. Only acupuncture. Tried her medicine a few times but I found them quite Heaty for me.

Hi Star, I am 39, married for 15years already. Me and hubby were DINK before, two months ago, I suddenly wanted to have a BB, so we went for IUI in July, but it failed. I am thinking to go for IVF this cycle. Tomorrow I will go to see doctor to discuss my IVF.

Hi FrenchBulldogLover, how's your ivf consultation goes? Moral support from me to you~

Hi all, my AF arrived today. Done my blood test n good to go! Tmr starting stim. All the best to all :)

Thanks for sharing your story dolly. I take my hats off...8x is a lot of emotion roller coasters. For us this is our last fresh (2nd). We will move on to other "purpose" in life if this doesn't work.

Your story will be a great encouragement to others. I wish you great months ahead and it's such an awesome feeling having to welcome your precious princess soon.
Redvel, I like your statement ''move on to other purpose in life"...I think I will do that too if ivf doesn't work for me. I am 39 this year, will start ivf next month.

Redvel, I like your statement ''move on to other purpose in life"...I think I will do that too if ivf doesn't work for me. I am 39 this year, will start ivf next month.
Good luck to you. Still in time for the government cofunding :)

Hi dtal, all the best!!
Thank you, kitty16.

Started my stim earlier. This round, need 3 injections instead of 2. Gynae said is to boost eggs quality n quantity.
Hope all go well. Any updates from other sisters here? How are things going on your end?

Redvel, how's ur 2ww? So far so good?
HopenFaith, how's ur stim n scanning gg on?

DTAL, I'm having serious af cramps. Can go either way I guess.

I also had 3 jabs this cycle. Is it saizen you were given?

Redvel, not saizen. It's Gonal, suprefact n menopur ( got to 2 in 1 before inject)

I remembered I had cramps from 8 dp 5 transfer the last round. It came sharply poking pain for few secs then become ok.. N on n off..
How many days r u now? When is BT?

I think someone mentioned menopur and saizen pretty much work similar by stimulating quality of our eggs. My first round i was on puregon. 2nd round doc wants me to try gonal f. My body reacts the same on either.

I'm on 8dp2dt. Yesterday already started the af like cramp. My ivf bfn and other bfn cycles will have similar cramps around this time. 25 Aug is my ET. But if af arrives, I would think af spotting would start by mid next week. My cycles are pretty regular. If so likely BT will be brought forward, just like my last ivf.

My af cramps are not sudden poking like yours. Hee. It's always very achy very down below. Majiam my womb ran a marathon the day before.

Redvel, All e best ya. I"ll keep u in my prayer. :)

I starting taking 2 egg whites yday... Err... Can't imagine I got to continue for 2 weeks. But reading thr few threads, seems like sisters taking egg whites have good results of eggs numbers. So I will try best to tong..

Btw, do u know? red bean soup can take from stim? Or start taking during 2ww?

Our chance gets better everytime we start another ivf cycle so keep our fingers crossed :) Thank you.

Start your red bean soup from stim. Can continue after ET if you like. Just have it like 2x a week good enough.

Hi DTAL... hope u r coping ok ? all the best to u and all the sisters trying now !!

went for scan yesterday and dr loh said my eggs are still small... so he increased my dosage of menopur and today add orgalutran.. as per scan yesterday i have 7 eggs.... seemed few ? hopefully with the injection, i will have more eggs.. my lining was 7.5 according to dr loh's assistant sandra is good.... *crossfingers*pray*pray*.. i really pray v hard..

i've down 8 egg whites everyday since sunday.. the thought of eating it initially was quite daunting but i managed to gobble it down quite effortlessly after practice.. haha.. DTAL, u can do it.. if i can, u can too !! take out the egg yolks, u dont want to end up with high cholestrol.. lol !

i think red bean soup should be nutritious n high in iron... would it have any effect ? i just cooked some today n i add some glutinous rice.. it taste nicer.. try to take some brazil nuts/cherry tomatoes/dried figs in the afternoon in the office as snacks...

Hi sisters in the forum, any other advice ?

I'll pray for everyone.. god bless us.. :)

Hi FrenchBulldoglover... u r not alone... i'm older than u, 41 this yr.. also married coming to 14 yrs ... it's not too late... fann wong pregnant at 43... so it's ok :)

Hi Starstar
dhea supposed to help improve egg quality... dont be sad... and dont give up...u r anot alone.. i had it worse.. tried many times from iui, several ivf failures... i also got bad bruises n hated the needles... so this time, i go to the clinic everyday to get my injection.. i dont mind the inconvenience so that i dont get so nervous trying to get the liquid out fr the bottle to the syringe.. pray for strength n faith !

wish u all the best !

Last edited:
Hi DTAL... hope u r coping ok ? all the best to u and all the sisters trying now !!

went for scan yesterday and dr loh said my eggs are still small... so he increased my dosage of menopur and today add orgalutran.. as per scan yesterday i have 7 eggs.... seemed few ? hopefully with the injection, i will have more eggs.. my lining was 7.5 according to dr loh's assistant sandra is good.... *crossfingers*pray*pray*.. i really pray v hard..

i've down 8 egg whites everyday since sunday.. the thought of eating it initially was quite daunting but i managed to gobble it down quite effortlessly after practice.. haha.. DTAL, u can do it.. if i can, u can too !! take out the egg yolks, u dont want to end up with high cholestrol.. lol !

i think red bean soup should be nutritious n high in iron... would it have any effect ? i just cooked some today n i add some glutinous rice.. it taste nicer.. try to take some brazil nuts/cherry tomatoes/dried figs in the afternoon in the office as snacks...

Hi sisters in the forum, any other advice ?

I'll pray for everyone.. god bless us.. :)

Hi HopenFaith, I m good. :) excited to start the journey again. My scan will be next tues.
Wah Piang! 8 egg everyday! Clap clap clap...

What's orgalutran for? So now u need take how many jabs?

I ks, stand by Brazil nut n walnuts last weekend Liao. Bought them from Pats oven from vivo city.

Hi Star, just saw your message. 13th Aug is my 2nd day menses, my friend SMS me Dr. SF Loh's contact. So I called his clinic, nurse told me the earliest appointment will be on next week. I said: oh no! Today is my AF 2nd day, I can't wait till next week. I don't mind to be a walk-in and wait there.
I rushed down to his clinic @ 1pm, very crowded. More than 10 patients at that time. Never mind, I brought my iPad and books, mentally prepared it will be a long wait.

Surprisingly, by 230pm nurse called me in, Dr. Loh is very friendly. I shows him all my medical reports and told him I am too old to wait! Hehehe.... ;)

I started my IVF short cycle on that day. I brought back Puregon pen and injected myself that night.

Very fast hor! Hehehe...

Hi frenchBulldog, we' re on same cycle, I m 3 days behind. @hopenfaith, should be about same timing as yours.
@redvel is about 1 week + earlier. Let's jia you together n make this round success for all! ;)

Btw frenchielover, do you own a frenchie? I love frenchie :) actually all things bulldog. My sis used to own one when we stayed together. Frenchie has the best temperament and so good with family members and children and even other pets.

Haa hah so cute this fellow!! Is that a boy or gal? More cute you put that hpt there lol.

Omg how can the nurse not demo on the jabbing? So slack. My nurse went through it all the way. Demo and cleaning and jabbing onto an imaginary tummy ( was like a sponge block thing) first then I on the spot jab for her to see. Cold sweat. :p

So cute!! Your french bulldog!

Why didn't teach you how to inject.. very 'chop-chop-curry-pok'.

I went to kkh they teach you how to clean, turn the units of the puregon pen, etc.. another thing different is at kkh, injections are always to be done in the morning, I prefer at night though.

You were only prescribe with puregon? No saizen or others?

Oh, you just pinch a little bit of your tummy then inject into the fats, press the release then count to 5 then pull out and clean with the alcohol swap.

Hi FrenchBulldoglover... u r not alone... i'm older than u, 41 this yr.. also married coming to 14 yrs ... it's not too late... fann wong pregnant at 43... so it's ok :)

Hi Starstar
dhea supposed to help improve egg quality... dont be sad... and dont give up...u r anot alone.. i had it worse.. tried many times from iui, several ivf failures... i also got bad bruises n hated the needles... so this time, i go to the clinic everyday to get my injection.. i dont mind the inconvenience so that i dont get so nervous trying to get the liquid out fr the bottle to the syringe.. pray for strength n faith !

wish u all the best !

Yeah, so tough for us to have to go through so much for our little bundle of joy.. but all is worth it, ya :)

Hang in there, best wishes to all~

425 is a lot.. mine was 350 then increased to 400 + saizen. But please follow your doc's advise. Extra go back for refund.

Good luck!

425 is a lot.. mine was 350 then increased to 400 + saizen. But please follow your doc's advise. Extra go back for refund.

Good luck!
Ok.

I started to eat 6 egg white this morning. Hope can have more "eggs" to retrieve. ;)
ImageUploadedByForum1408253045.360839.jpg

My IVF short cycle's decision was made too fast. I didn't even ask Dr. Loh, how much is it? How to use medisave? How to apply gov co-funding?

I paid $2k plus for the first consultation + ultrasound+Puregon 6pcs.

May I know how's the payment like afterwards? How to use my medisave? Etc?

That day, the nurses were all very busy, they didn't explain anything to me, just showed me a Puregon pen and fastest speed to tell me how to use it. I shake my head and said: "no! I can't do it. I don't understand... You show me once! U do one shot on me now." She said: "can not, must do it at night before you sleep." I said:" ok, u close at 7pm right? I come back at 7pm." Guess what the nurse say? She said:" u can do it! See you on next Monday !"

I was like.... Huh? What's going on? Totally lost...... I went back home read the Puregon pen's instruction booklet and watched YouTube, finally get myself injected. Phewww........ So scary.

Hi frenchBulldog lover, bss my last experience, my 1st payment was about 2k for 4 days of injection. After that every visit cost is abt same, depending on how many injects we take. The medisave is use when we go for ER, the hospital admission counter will let us sign the medisave form. For gov co funding, I m not sure as mine is private.

Back