any 35 and above trying for their first?

Hi dolly gal, I have been reading your postings in other thread but dunno your age.
U have been very preserving n also holding on to the faith. I m very happie that soon you will be carrying your littie bundle of joy in your hands. I m same age as you. what is important is the relationship between one n hubby. Above all, a lot of tins can still be done like adoption. I ever think of adoption last time.

Jia you gal :)

Is definitely not easy for us to go thru so much n having to put up a strong front in front of others when they ask about when we are having babies.

Very grateful to Dr Loh as he is the only gynae that dun makes me Kum Cheong :)

Yes actually the most touching part was dh told me after mc last year that whether we have or dun have kid he won't leave me. We start ttc late was bcos for the first 6-7 years we are having vy rocky marriage that we almost spilt.
We have 1 godson now who is my dearest nephew. Spend most of our sat bonding w him.

Dolly_gal, thanks for sharing. You are one tough cookie, gal! Like mother like daughter, I'm sure your princess is strong and tough too! You go girls~!

Wanna wish all the ladies in their 2ww lots of babydust luck and thanks so much for the sharing! My young niece actually asked me why I have no children today. Duh.

Thanks for sharing your story dolly. I take my hats off...8x is a lot of emotion roller coasters. For us this is our last fresh (2nd). We will move on to other "purpose" in life if this doesn't work.

Your story will be a great encouragement to others. I wish you great months ahead and it's such an awesome feeling having to welcome your precious princess soon.

Why don't u give yourself 3 times before moving on.

Ask u girls something, will u consider donor egg or adoption?

I hope this round we have frosties so technically will have 3 x :p.

No we will not consider adoption nor donor's.

Is this your plan jumbo?

Facing relatives stares during cny is not easy, to a point tat I dislike cny yearly. I told dh u dun feel anything but ppl view me as the one got problem not u.
Redvel, at least gives urself 3 x before gives up. In fact I switch gynaes 3 times n tcm at least 3 too. Before I settle down w my current fertility dr n tcm. Total ttc journey from the year I remove fibroid to ivf till date almost 4 years.
Initially my dh wasn't really into it n I thot he got no feel. Until our 4th cycle failed, he was angry w the ivf embryologist tat kp asking us to try again without really gg into the reason or even try to analyses wat went wrong without implantation occurs at all. Even suggested we go jb to do ivf. Ask her wat is the costs she can't give exact details. My dh almost broke down during consultation tat he vy angry seeing me gg thru 4 jabs daily during stim then 2-3 jabs daily during 2ww n yet bfn. He felt I m torturing myself cos I was in vy bad mood tat we quarreled over small little things during the cycle until I flag out I m stressed.
W a help from a sister in smh, we finally decide to switch one last time to current gynae n tcm, telling ourselves it will b our last try before totally gives up.
I always joke dh only produce soldiers n shake legs wherelse we go thru all the ups n downs. But actually dh morale support aso vy impt, though he doesn't needs to jab for me (I always do myself) he will drives me to his frd hse to get his buddy's wife help me jab support or trigger shot daily.

Wanna wish all the ladies in their 2ww lots of babydust luck and thanks so much for the sharing! My young niece actually asked me why I have no children today. Duh.

Tell her it's still inside your stomach and will come to this world soon to play with her :) BTw, not sure whether this works, my mum has been brewing
八珍 for me since young. You may wana try but drink only after ur menses. Also, recently my mum brew this awful tasting chinese soup called " Bing San Xue Lian"... but I didn't drink much because I find it taste horrible :p . You may wana try cos chinese medicine no harm I think...

My eld sis tried for 10 years after her first child and finally managed to have 2nd one miraculously through natural TTC. (she gave birth to 2nd one at age 40). She told us that she drank a type of chinese medicine.. I duno what it is. I can ask her for details to spread the luck to all of you :) Jia You!

To me anything can happen....I may be giving up on ivf some day but I believe in miracle when the time comes. Whatever will be, will be... *sing* So let's continue to stay positive.

As for relatives and friends who ask about our ttc, just smile and ignore. I don't feel pressured because I don't think I need to be from another person. It's my journey my choice. I know they mean well. But we also have to learn to filter and don't let such comments affect us.

My mom boiled 八珍 for me everyweek also. Started drinking 3 months ago, hmmm seems like my body really feels more healthier.. haha..

Btw, to the ladies here with cold bodies, try drinking ginger and black sugar steeped in boiled water. Don't boil together, will be too heaty..

Cut the ginger into cubes, then take a small cube, slice the centre so you see the juice.. then place in a cup with 2 teaspoons of black sugar. Boil water until bubbling hot then pour into the ingredients in cup, let infuse for few minutes then drink. Best is first thing in the morning, with empty stomach. Apparently this drink can make our womb warmer for conceiving.. no harm trying, I used to hate the smell of ginger, but now... yum yum!! :) and I used to have icy cold hands and feet, now not cold anymore.

I hope this round we have frosties so technically will have 3 x :p.

No we will not consider adoption nor donor's.

Is this your plan jumbo?

Yes its my plan if I still fail. I feel that we should close doors to all option.

That's a good plan Jumbo. It's a personal choice that we will not take up these options.

For adoption, I wonder how rigorous the process is. And the timeline too. I believe there should be many couples in Singapore in waiting list?

Let nature takes it's course bah. After so many rounds of ivf cycles, I was so numb that I dun even know wat to expect anymore. End up I just sneak out shopping in the middle of the day during 2ww n reached home before dh home... still working on emails from home... dun want tik too much

I've not been to any check up except pap smear.

Been married for 5 years, no news for baby.

Thought of going for a detailed check up.

I don't wish to go 1 big round, is it possible to do scan or scope on the 1st visit?

Need someone to recommend Gyne too.

Was very relaxed during my last ivf HL. This round will be too. Will work from home. Will be watching play and gatherings as usual. Nothing needs to be changed except don't do strenuous exercise nor lift heavy stuff.
I think it's bad to do nothing and keep thinking about the whole ivf thingy. S

This round I cannot take HL anymore. I took too many times my colleague must be thinking I so sickly ha ha.

Yeah adoption is a long process too and it cost a lot. Have to adopt oversea bb because spore bb is a long wait, could be yrs.

I don't wish to go 1 big round, is it possible to do scan or scope on the 1st visit?

Yeah pls go for detail check but do find a fertility gynae n not normal gynae. There are many reputable ones like dr sf Loh, dr LC Cheng, dr Roland chieng, dr LC Foong private. Govt u can choose dr Tan heng Hao, dr Sadhana, prof pc Wong, dr yu suling.

Oh jumbo then you will be going back to work straight after ET?

My aunt in law had 8 mcs (sad) and finally decided to adopt a boy from batam. Miracle happened. ..after the adoption, she successful popped 2 more boys. So those relatives said that these 3 boys are fated to be brothers. So the adoption changed my aunt in law's destiny :)

Oh jumbo then you will be going back to work straight after ET?

My aunt in law had 8 mcs (sad) and finally decided to adopt a boy from batam. Miracle happened. ..after the adoption, she successful popped 2 more boys. So those relatives said that these 3 boys are fated to be brothers. So the adoption changed my aunt in law's destiny :)

I will take few days leave n go back to work after that. I don't believe in bedrest but if job is stress then better stay home n rest.

i have also been married for 5 years and still have no kid. sad man.

For those whom have been trying for more than 2 yrs, are you on ART?

I married 3.5yrs ago. Only serious ttc after one yr of marriage. After trying out natural with failed mcs for 2 yrs then we embarked on ART.

so am curious like lemon tart whom have been ttcing for 5 yrs are you on ART?

Yes important to rest a few days after ET. I oso believe that if it is yours , it will be. No 100% bedrest will do the trick.

Jus Went dr Zuo today. She also supported to go lap first. I m wrapping up project now. Hopefully all end then can go liao hehee :)

Good to see this thread being re live :)

Think the easy to get preggie ones wun understand what we gone thru. Dolly gal : good that your boss dun question u so much ;)

Sunbelle, not tat he dun question me is he bochap or eq too low to understand wat I m gg thru.
When I had mc last year, we had a quarrel over email asking me to meet him where I was vy bad / sad mood to cfm mc the next day, already told him wat I m gg thru n yet insist I meet him. Then this year when I lost one Beanie n hospitalised, he didn't catch wat I told him. Until abt wk14-15 then I told him I pregnant he was surprise cos he wasn't able to understand y I need to b away in nov until I spell out the reason maternity leave..
Anyway I dun care lor even when I was on hl for ivf, I still work from home just tat I physically dun go meeting in ofc only so to him not much difference as Long I dun trouble him to backup me

Anyway dolly gal : what is impt to u is to rest n be a happie mum to be. Nuttin else matters.
Take no pay leave if you are stressful at work. No one can make us unhappie without our permission :)
I am still learning cos I feel that at work, immediate boss does play an impt part n I m merely collegues with my immediate boss n not his khakis. Lack of all those so call perks like can anyhow take leave or timeoff.

I m on hotdesking mode so my timing are flexible, only go in ofc Whig there's meeting. So usually I will appear in ofc 2-3 days or sonetimes once in a week. Other than tat I read all my emails on laptop or hp... so still quite OK just tat immediate boss bosay...

Wow this is good. Cos the flexibility is there. So as and when u need to go in office then you go. Dun think my job can ever be like that. Yeah at least no need to face gossipy collegues haha :) life is really funny. happie that the big project I m leading is going well. Also hoping to see the finale of it two weeks later where i wrap up the project to go for lap. mixed feeling initially cos wanted to go do lap to settle ASAP. hahaa ...jus hope all good tins came Rolling - after lap, preggie etc haha :)

Thank you

Are the Gov doc from KKH?

what do we do in the 1st check up both husband and wife must attend or i can go alone?

Yeah pls go for detail check but do find a fertility gynae n not normal gynae. There are many reputable ones like dr sf Loh, dr LC Cheng, dr Roland chieng, dr LC Foong private. Govt u can choose dr Tan heng Hao, dr Sadhana, prof pc Wong, dr yu suling.

Hello ladies

chance upon this thread and decided to join in. Hope you all dun mind. :)

Just to share my story:-

I am 34 and hubby is 43. Just married last year in Sept and we managed to conceive in Feb this year. I was seeing TCM in tanjong pagar then. However had a missed miscarriage in March. Baby heartbeat stopped and din grow from 7 weeks and I was about 10 weeks then. Did D&C and af only returned after 50 days with the help of medication. Now monthly cycle is back on track and I went to another TCM at clementi, Dr Tan KS.

I have done HSG and detailed scan as my fertility checks with KKH this Jan showed I have polyps and ovarian cyst (blood cyst). But my 2nd scan showed that my polyps are gone and everything is normal now except my ovarian cyst. not of major concern thou.

Dr Tan said my hubby troops looks ok just need to keep his down there cooling (wear boxers or sarong la haha!). Not much concern just need to catch my ovulation. My past cycle was BFN. Now waiting to try for 2nd cycle! :)

Prayed to Zhu Sheng niang niang so hopefully will have BFP soon! ;)

Welcome MXLO :) yeah I understand how you feel for a missed miscarriage. Having gone thru that still can remember.

How big is your blood cyst?

Hello sunbelle! !

My blood cyst very small like 2cm only. Tcm says it's blood back flow. It appears and disappears. It was on my right initially then it disappeared and then become my left.

And gynae told me I have low ovarian reserve so must quickly conceive. Tcm also say the same thing.

Oh ya. This time when I see my gynae gonna ask to do a test to check for my ovarian reserve. Really disappointed. I BD from CD12-16 but still bfn. Going to do hsg next too.

MXLO : yours is small. Unlike mine is 6cm which has to be taken out by lap better. Yes for people like us, conceiving is good. Cos it stops the hormones.

sumtimes keep awake thinking of work. yeah been working on two projects besides core operational work plus organization of division wide activities. Felt guilty for not doing up a revised proposal for big boss timely but no choice ..
gal hospitalized for a week plus my director cleared 2 weeks leave etc. so my big boss is not a very patient person. But the key is we are all trying our best to look for best solutions for the issues. Liaising with technical people oso not easy. Jus hope tomorrow when send out the proposal, everything is all right n approved straight away haha...jus need an avenue to air out my stress I guess ...

The greatest satisfaction is ongoing ECA which has won praises from lots of other bosses n staff. Felt

good when things go on well at work too :)

Hello French lover : welcome :)

Ocean deep : Jia you :) dun give up.

Star star : yes yes I oso preggie after HSG, but unfortunately miscarriage.

Maybe sumtimes when u are too tired with work, jus one to find a place to go where no one can find you hahaa :)
not sure u ladies have the same feeling

Hi ttc ladies,
What changes have u made to your diet? I am very sad over my bfn and indulged in junk food. Find it very difficult to eradicate junk food from my diet.

I still don't understand where went wrong. Tried so hard to bd daily from CD12-16 and still fail. Really ultra disappointed (sob)

Back