any 35 and above trying for their first?

I cut down on sugary and cold drink too... last time used to drink cold drink with ice only but nw strictly only warm drink....

Sorry for the bfn oceandeep. (We all been thru that month after month).

How long have you been ttc natural?

I haven't got any bfp (talking about the healthy ones) but can I say maybe we are all just stressed out? I've done many things in this ttc journey until one fine day I just threw everything out. And that includes bbt (it's a stressful affair and i don't encourage you to embark on it haaa). I started to filter all the "unnecessary advice" in the internet/forum and don't think too much about ttc. It will happen good. ...we just have to keep believing it will. Stress is worst culprit. Give your body and mind a break. Doing something different may be for the betterment.

That said, and somehow on the contrary, have you considered ART?

Ttc journey is nvr easy for us here. For those get it easy won't come here to rant, they probably tik we are nonsense..
I can only say dun overstress urself be it ttc natural or via ivf. The more gan cheong u are the worse u feel.
Take a holiday break probably will makes u feel better

Thanks all. I married late when I was 35 and been trying since and more than a year already. I did health screening before and gynae said I am good to go. I am going to suggest to my gynae to do hsg when I see her later in the month. I think I need clomid too as I might not be ovulating. What test can show that? Probably test for ovarian reserve too. Redvel, you are right too. I am already stressed up so shouldn't think about adding more stress by doing bbt. Maybe I should just focus on losing weight, eating healthier, going for acu and take clomid and do one round of natural iui.

Ocean deep - like u a lot marry late too. Impt tin dun give up n hold on to the faith...go for holiday...cheer yourself up by eating good food or shopping. Be good to yourself cos we deserve it

I think for ladies 35 and beyond, if there's no result after 6 months, it's recommended to perform full fertility checks. Hsg is surely important to do.

Oceandeep let's keep our head up. Our pot of gold will come.

Ocean deep yeah to fertility to get all the check done. If your tube is block n u keep trying naturally also won't work. At least do the check n eliminate obstacles if any. You can ask your gynae for scan to see if u ovulate. Alternatively u can use opk n bbt to track ovulation. We start off late compared to others but we will get there.

Dollygal is ensure milk consider sugary drink? I have been drinking everyday.

Ensure milk is like those mummies milk, quite fattening. I drank initially but every time I tik of 6 scoops, I feel so bad. Perhaps u take on alternate days bah n finish the tin.
For me I dun find much use on me..

hi ladies... just chanced upon this group and very happy to find that there is such a support group...

i'm 41 this year and has been married for coming to 14 years this yr... tried all sorts of procedures from IUI, IVF but failed because of poor egg quality... so those still younger than me, dont give up... u've better chances...

my last ivf was in 2012 and i didnt have the courage to try again and took a break last year... planning to try IVF again this month though feeling a but nervous... been taking prenatal vitamins and other supplements and tried to eat healthily like omega 3 eggs, fish oil, nuts etc for the past many months...

anyone tried taking dhea before ? they say can improve egg quality...

Hopenfaith I'm your age +1 :) Just did a ivf transfer yesterday.

My doc also told me it's likely egg quality that I have issues with fertility. I only started ttc 2.5yrs ago tho. And I did conceive naturally twice but didn't end up good.

Where did you do your ivf? If you are doing it again, should tell your doc on your list of supps you've been taking. When I saw mine, doc heard wrongly and she thought I said dhea but I actually meant DHA (that was after a failed fresh ivf). She commented oh no I should have told her before if I was taking dhea. After clarification, she said ok DHA is fine then. Not sure what's the implications of dhea in ivf.

Hi redvel.. I wish u all the very best n pray for u.. :)... rest well n just think of happy things..

I did my last ivf with dr loh fr kk.. he has his own clinic now at thomson.. I've sticked with him since my first ivf in kk coz too tired of seeing so many doctors. .. yes, I did tell him the supplements I took...

Sonetimes we just have to leave it to the One above... dyring my last ivf, one of the nurses who attended to me told me that pregnancy is still possible even if egg quality is average.. so I think it all depends on a lot of factors. Most importantly, relax n no stress... have faith!

Thanks hopenfaith.
I would have chosen dr Loh too but I've no patience with the bad parking system at TMC :p You're in good hands under him. I hope you will feel geared up soon to trying out ivf again. It's a challenging journey....we try to find all avenues in helping us.

Can't agree more. We do what we can. The rest leaves to the magic hands of the one up there. Good luck to you.

I think for ladies 35 and beyond, if there's no result after 6 months, it's recommended to perform full fertility checks. Hsg is surely important to do.

Oceandeep let's keep our head up. Our pot of gold will come.

Thanks. Unfortunately, stress is so difficult to eradicate from my life now. My supervisor , who is younger than me, is also ttcing now and I can feel her trying to shift her workload to me. I am so tempted to leave the organisation sometimes because of her. I dunno how to BFP when she keeps piling me with work and I have raised my concern many times all to no avail. I give myself one year here before I ttc in another company. I think acu has helped to regulate my menses to be longer - so far more than 26 days. However, I am wondering how to improve the quality of my eggs. Redvel, did the doctor share anything with you?

Hopenfaith I'm your age +1 :) Just did a ivf transfer yesterday.

My doc also told me it's likely egg quality that I have issues with fertility. I only started ttc 2.5yrs ago tho. And I did conceive naturally twice but didn't end up good.

Where did you do your ivf? If you are doing it again, should tell your doc on your list of supps you've been taking. When I saw mine, doc heard wrongly and she thought I said dhea but I actually meant DHA (that was after a failed fresh ivf). She commented oh no I should have told her before if I was taking dhea. After clarification, she said ok DHA is fine then. Not sure what's the implications of dhea in ivf.
Hey Redvel, I also wanna wish you all the best. What's the next step after transfer? 2WW? If really so, maybe you will skip this forum during this period to take your mind off the stress?

hi ladies... just chanced upon this group and very happy to find that there is such a support group...

i'm 41 this year and has been married for coming to 14 years this yr... tried all sorts of procedures from IUI, IVF but failed because of poor egg quality... so those still younger than me, dont give up... u've better chances...

my last ivf was in 2012 and i didnt have the courage to try again and took a break last year... planning to try IVF again this month though feeling a but nervous... been taking prenatal vitamins and other supplements and tried to eat healthily like omega 3 eggs, fish oil, nuts etc for the past many months...

Hopenfaith, all the best to you too! I have not taken dhea before and not sure whats that. I also wanna eat some supplements to improve the quality of my eggs. I think I have to go and purchase blackmores conceive gold again. When I see my gynae, I am at CD16, not sure what the gynae can do for me. I hope she prescribe clomid and arrange HSG for me. Oh yes, I wanna test for my ovarian reserve too.

Oceandeep, I have the intention to take no pay leave if I bfp (and also if doc recommends so). But I don't know how possible it can be. If boss is not in same page with me , I will quit for good. Financially have to make adjustment but that's the priority I need to set.

My doc didn't share how to improve my egg quality the natural way but since I'm in ivf, she goes the medical way by giving me an extra daily jab which is supposed to improve egg quality.

Thanks for the well wishes oceandeep. Yes me on 2ww. I do agree some ladies need to be off forum during this time. For me, I'm quite relaxed. Just popping by. No sweat :)

I will not announce my bfp here though, if any. It's my way of pungtung. Mil told me some babies are "gaozeh". Anyway I think no harm being pungtung.

Last edited:
E="oceandeep78, post: 7343381, member: 164185"]Hopenfaith, all the best to you too! I have not taken dhea before and not sure whats that. I also wanna eat some supplements to improve the quality of my eggs. I think I have to go and purchase blackmores conceive gold again. When I see my gynae, I am at CD16, not sure what the gynae can do for me. I hope she prescribe clomid and arrange HSG for me. Oh yes, I wanna test for my ovarian reserve too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the encouragement, oceandeep!

I googled somewhere n they mentioned dhea helps egg quality but this supplement is not sold in spore n u gotta purchase online.

My sis recommended prenatal vit, fish oil (mercury free), coq10 to improve egg quality. She took yam, avocado, flax seeds, omega3 eggs etc those high antioxidants stuff n try organic if possible.. She's v fortunate. Got pregnant with her first ivf try.. perhaps she's much younger than me too... in her early 30s... really happy for her.

What is cd16 btw?

Wish u all the best... our time will come :)

@oceandeep78 - I do understand your disappointment.. Just keep trying with an open mind. You are not alone. You might want to consider to go for detailed check ups such as HSG, AMH count and having TCM to tiao your body concurrently while you are still in the current company. Just take note.. No one can affect you except yourself. Be strong! I remembered that previously you are thinking of taking NPL, you might want to start considering on implementing that?

@hopenfaith - cd16 is our menses cycle day 16. Our first day of menses with full flow is known as CD1 and so on.

I have asked Dr Loh from TMC during a forum on ovarian egg reserve as I have an issue with that. He is pretty supportive on using DHEA to improve the egg quality and gave me a website to purchase it online. A nice doctor who are willing to share despite knowingly well that I am not his patient.

Thanks, oceandeep... still not quite clear on the acronyms used . Lol...

Yea.. dr loh is quite easy going.. I feel comfortable with him despite many failures.. but there's side effects of dhea like acnes, hair falls etc.. depends in individuals

Anyway, was just reading somewhere that we can eat 6-8 hard boiled eggs just tge white to increase peotein n improve our egg quality.. actually one of dr loh's nurses did tell me the last time too.. maybe I'll start that tom.. my cd1 just started this afternoon. May start the short protocol next mon. . Wish me well.. they say take brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, figs are healthy too.. try to incorporate that into your diet..

It's great to know we have one another for support in this journey tog... we must all jia you!!

Hihi chubby,
Nice to hear from you again! Are you currently in ur 2WW? Just read news about Fann Wong's delivery. Really envious..hope that all of us ttc ladies will carry our precious one in our arms very soon! Are you taking Dhea then?

Hi hopenfaith, you mean we need to take so many hard-boiled eggs daily?? Are u trying naturally this month? Do you do BBT (measure basal body temperature) ?
Yes, let's jia you together!! We must persevere to the end.

Hi hopenfaith, are u starting your ivf this month? I m starting mine this cycle.. Looking for cycle buddy. Anyone starting soon 2 half of Aug?

Hi oceandeep... yes take the white part of the eggs everyday 6-8 .. at least one mth before procedure.. I know it soubds scarily a lot.. I did bbt long time ago nv do anymore... not trying naturally this mth.. tom start ivf short protocol liao...pray for me..

Hi DTAL.. I'm starting mine tomorrow. . I'll be seeing dr loh tom. Most probably will start injection tom coz when I saw him the last time he said start at cd2.. yesterday was my cd1.. but he said ok to start tom too... honestly, still feel nervous even I've done a few times . Think I'll ask them to inject for me this time round so I dont feel so stressed out.. I hate to do it myself frankly. ..

DTAL. . Meanwhile u eat well.. I'll start first. . Nv expect my cd1 to come yesterday. . Thought it'll be next wk..

Thanks all. I married late when I was 35 and been trying since and more than a year already. I did health screening before and gynae said I am good to go. I am going to suggest to my gynae to do hsg when I see her later in the month. I think I need clomid too as I might not be ovulating. What test can show that? Probably test for ovarian reserve too. Redvel, you are right too. I am already stressed up so shouldn't think about adding more stress by doing bbt. Maybe I should just focus on losing weight, eating healthier, going for acu and take clomid and do one round of natural iui.
I also married late at age 35. Actually I got abit of problem to consummate :p. (paisay to say) Now I am going 38 yrs old. In my week 8 BFP now. Pray everything goes well. Not sure if you wana hear 2nd opinion. You may wish to consult another gynae. Dr HK Ho @ Mt Alvernia. Good luck! PS: The baby photo here is me 36 yrs ago. haha. Hope my beanie will look like this. lol )

Ensure milk is like those mummies milk, quite fattening. I drank initially but every time I tik of 6 scoops, I feel so bad. Perhaps u take on alternate days bah n finish the tin.
For me I dun find much use on me..
Thanks. I try to put 3 to 4 scoops per day

Hi redvel.. I wish u all the very best n pray for u.. :)... rest well n just think of happy things..

I did my last ivf with dr loh fr kk.. he has his own clinic now at thomson.. I've sticked with him since my first ivf in kk coz too tired of seeing so many doctors. .. yes, I did tell him the supplements I took...

Sonetimes we just have to leave it to the One above... dyring my last ivf, one of the nurses who attended to me told me that pregnancy is still possible even if egg quality is average.. so I think it all depends on a lot of factors. Most importantly, relax n no stress... have faith!

Hopenfaith, I am with Loh too and trying ivf again. I am about your age. Let's strive together.

Hi oceandeep... yes take the white part of the eggs everyday 6-8 .. at least one mth before procedure.. I know it soubds scarily a lot.. I did bbt long time ago nv do anymore... not trying naturally this mth.. tom start ivf short protocol liao...pray for me..

Hi DTAL.. I'm starting mine tomorrow. . I'll be seeing dr loh tom. Most probably will start injection tom coz when I saw him the last time he said start at cd2.. yesterday was my cd1.. but he said ok to start tom too... honestly, still feel nervous even I've done a few times . Think I'll ask them to inject for me this time round so I dont feel so stressed out.. I hate to do it myself frankly. ..

DTAL. . Meanwhile u eat well.. I'll start first. . Nv expect my cd1 to come yesterday. . Thought it'll be next wk..

Hi HopenFaith, I ll join you a week later.
Jia You !!!! keep me posted on how it's gg ya. :)

I took few bottles of chicken essence during 2ww since only some left after my mc last year. Then everything as per normal, even sneak out of hse to do window shopping for 2-3 hrs n came home before dh is home. Just relax n calm during 2ww bah. I do read forum during 2ww but avoid commenting n ignore all the wat if this n tat symptoms... Be zen

Thanks for the well wishes oceandeep. Yes me on 2ww. I do agree some ladies need to be off forum during this time. For me, I'm quite relaxed. Just popping by. No sweat :)

I will not announce my bfp here though, if any. It's my way of pungtung. Mil told me some babies are "gaozeh". Anyway I think no harm being pungtung.

Redvel, all the best to ur 2ww. :) I 'm joining u soon ;)

For myself, I did my first Ivf beginning of e year. During 2ww, I chanced upon this forum which I find a awesome place to learn n share each's experience.

My first ivf was bfp but ended up ectopic..... I was really depressed.... Thinking why it had happened to me??? What have I done wrong?? :''(

It was through forum here, I read about others' experience, what they did, how they cope the pain etc... n realized i m not alone...
N managed to pick up myself n move on.. Now trying again. :)

It is very difficult for others to understand what we r gg through... From natural ttc , iui, accup, tcm to ivf etc, nobody can understand our journey better than the sisters here.

All the best to sisters here ttc-ing. May all of us have good news soon :)

DTAL when's your ET? Good luck to you surely too.

Nothing that you had done or didn't do ended up the ectopic ok. Life has its way....It wasn't meant to be. And believe good things will happen soon.

And also life is about ups and downs...just take things with stride and stand up again after hurdles. We are stronger than we think we are.

DTAL when's your ET? Good luck to you surely too.

Nothing that you had done or didn't do ended up the ectopic ok. Life has its way....It wasn't meant to be. And believe good things will happen soon.

And also life is about ups and downs...just take things with stride and stand up again after hurdles. We are stronger than we think we are.

Redvel, I haven start yet. Waiting for menses to arrive. Possibly btw coming Thurs -sat, will start stimulation on day 2.

Hi hopenfaith, are u starting your ivf this month? I m starting mine this cycle.. Looking for cycle buddy. Anyone starting soon 2 half of Aug?
hi there.. im starting end Aug when AF comes.. might be ur cycling buddy! ER ET should be Sept.

Dtal
Redvel, all the best to ur 2ww. :) I 'm joining u soon ;)

For myself, I did my first Ivf beginning of e year. During 2ww, I chanced upon this forum which I find a awesome place to learn n share each's experience.

My first ivf was bfp but ended up ectopic..... I was really depressed.... Thinking why it had happened to me??? What have I done wrong?? :''(

It was through forum here, I read about others' experience, what they did, how they cope the pain etc... n realized i m not alone...
N managed to pick up myself n move on.. Now trying again. :)

It is very difficult for others to understand what we r gg through... From natural ttc , iui, accup, tcm to ivf etc, nobody can understand our journey better than the sisters here.

All the best to sisters here ttc-ing. May all of us have good news soon :)
Dtal, sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy. Must be very devastating. Like you, very glad for this forum as we meet ladies like ourselves giving support, sharing knowledge and going through this difficult journey togethger. I can't wait to see my gynae and see what options she has for me. All the best in your ivf!! Jia you jiayou!!

I also married late at age 35. Actually I got abit of problem to consummate :p. (paisay to say) Now I am going 38 yrs old. In my week 8 BFP now. Pray everything goes well. Not sure if you wana hear 2nd opinion. You may wish to consult another gynae. Dr HK Ho @ Mt Alvernia. Good luck! PS: The baby photo here is me 36 yrs ago. haha. Hope my beanie will look like this. lol )
Hey sotong mummy, but I remembered you saying that you tried second month and bfp. Take very good care of yourself. Ur morning sickness how?

No worries, redvel. I will be like you be extremely pantung about it :)

Oceandeep good luck on your hsg. Must pop a painkiller before the procedure k.

Hubby just told me mil told him that if ever bfp, try not to go out too much especially at night for the first 3 months. Go work as usual but cut down the night out.

hi there.. im starting end Aug when AF comes.. might be ur cycling buddy! ER ET should be Sept.

Hi baby_sparkles, great to see few aug/sep buddies here. :)
Is this your first? My ER should be end aug and ET 1st few days of sep. Now already bit kan cheong.. Planning which day to start eating egg white, chicken Essence etc..

Dtal

Dtal, sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy. Must be very devastating. Like you, very glad for this forum as we meet ladies like ourselves giving support, sharing knowledge and going through this difficult journey togethger. I can't wait to see my gynae and see what options she has for me. All the best in your ivf!! Jia you jiayou!!

Thanks dear. You also jia you ya~ ;)

Oceandeep good luck on your hsg. Must pop a painkiller before the procedure k.

Hubby just told me mil told him that if ever bfp, try not to go out too much especially at night for the first 3 months. Go work as usual but cut down the night out.
Redevel, everything as per normal will do.for me besides not attending bb showers, kids bday party, weddings or funerals. The rest I still proceed as normal. Like wat my gynae said pregnant is suppose to b a happy matter n Dun make urself too miserable over little myths here n there.
Anyway when u bfp first tri, u probably aso not much mood to go out late when ms or tiredness hits u.
Just rem Dun move ur master bed tats all. Get dh to change bedsheets for u even during ur 2ww.

Star star, when is hsg done? Which cycle day? Was it male doc who did for u? Have u done iui before? Is it somewhat similar?

My HSG was done on my cd11. At first was a female doc, but halfway through changed to a male doc.. cos i got some discharge and somehow she doesn't know what to do.. :oops:

Nope, never done iui before, but did my first ivf 3 months ago in May. Too bad is a failure. Spotting before bt, then went down to do bt but got no reading, not even 1 :( Doc then ask me to try DHEA, got 2 bottles but haven't eat yet, cos she told me its something like a male hormone (??). Anyone knows what is DHEA, cos I don't dare to take.

I may try ivf again, but I'd try natural for the time being, cos I kinda got phobia of ivf... the agony and anticipation, my tummy swell like a ball, bruises all over.. in the end only retrived 5 eggs, 4 embryos fertilized, 2 transferred, 2 didn't make it.. So nothing to freeze, back to square 1. Breakdown and cried.. Really salute to those who went back for a second attemp! Good luck to you brave girlies.

HSG, hmmm... just imagine a mini powerful waterjet jetting into your 'there', so it do stings inside.

Btw, I'm 40, married 10 years, trying for our first. Quite sad lah, sometimes I imagine when I'm 50, my kid is only 10 :eek:!! Provided I got a +ve this year, that is.
Seem like I really do need a miracle!! But then again, nothing is impossible, right? Try, try and try again! Gambatte~

@oceandeep78 HSG is usually done after your menses but before your ovulation. You need to call KK on your first day of menses to make appt. But have to make sure you are not pregnant before do HSG! Very important. Good luck!

Redevel, everything as per normal will do.for me besides not attending bb showers, kids bday party, weddings or funerals. The rest I still proceed as normal. Like wat my gynae said pregnant is suppose to b a happy matter n Dun make urself too miserable over little myths here n there.
Anyway when u bfp first tri, u probably aso not much mood to go out late when ms or tiredness hits u.
Just rem Dun move ur master bed tats all. Get dh to change bedsheets for u even during ur 2ww.

Won't feel miserable with these myths. I believe some things are still traditional yet no harm. Same as the example of no shifting of bed.

My first bfp indeed all I wanted was rest during first trime. Sleepy and nausea and lost appetite. No amount of sleep equated to sufficient rest.

Back