Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

dun even have her name under my employment history. does that mean she is not back in singapore.. she is my first maid, then after she left, i changed 6-7 maids. i wanted to bring her back but lost contact with her. i need to know whether is she back or not. thanks

computer,
Did you enter her work permit number ? You mean it does not show anything at all ? By right it should show at least her employment start and end dates with you. You can post her work permit number here, I can check for you. Actually anyone can check the employment history of a maid.

let me know back and check her work permit. i dun have any records of this maid at all. no start or ends.. thanks..
even under the insurance part, they have all my previous maid except my first maid.. i find it a bit weird

tamarind

Thanks for yr reply, the maid is spolit by my FIL, juz imagine she is having her off day, my FIL gave her $50 2 go shopping n taxi fare, i very angry. She is very smart noe hw 2 'angkan' him, she is e experience maid, infront of him act like dont noe anything abt singapore's road, she worked in singapore 4 4yrs liao, all along she is having her off day, in my house tis is the first off but she act like she is dont noe hw 2 go out, anyway my whole block noe e her kind. She go round n tell everybody i'm no good, she 1 2 change employee, but up 2 nw she still working here, BIL ask her 1 2 quit or nt, she said she 1 2 work with 'ah gong' nt me, sure lar, with him she need nt 2 do anything juz eat n shopping, some more gt money. Who dont 1 2 work?

sandra,
Your FIL really spoilt her. For experience maid, it is more important to be very strict right from the beginning. Otherwise she will think that the employer is easy to bully.
Your maid is proof that maids are certainly NOT poor, simple minded village girls "forced" to come to Singapore to work like slaves !

Hi May(babies),

My hubby and I take turns to run our company as we have different grp of clients.

On my hubby's day off, he will be alone with the children and maid at home while I will be at work.

I was a bit worried because my hubby has "prince-like" qualities. He always has a lot of female admirers who likes to ask him out for lunches and give him fancy chocoltes.

I discover that my maid of 1 yr, also sort of admire my hubby.
She tends to dress up nicely, wear more tight fitting clothes and tie her hair in a girlish, high pony tail.

On my off day, when I'm at home and my hubby is at work.
She will wear her ugly, baggy clothes and tie her hair carelessly.

My hubby never breach my trust and loves my kids and I best.

However, I sometimes, wonder if a man will fall into temptation if there are these constant temptation.

hi Albee, thanks for sharing. wow prince-like qualities.. you and your hb must be handsome and beauty. :)
Do you have any 'precaution' done? like warning the maid etc? I think I have trust in my hb..but not the maid.

Hi May,

On my hubby's day off, my maid took provocative pictures of herself with the handphone I loaned to her.

I questioned her about the suggestive poses in the handphone.
I said I can help her to develop these photos for her to send to her hubby.
She became embarrassed and deleted them the next day.

I, sometimes kind of pity my hubby's admirers. After 7 yrs of marriage, some of them are still single and have not give up admiring my hubby.

I think long term admiring is detrimental, these girls miss out on having someone who really loves them while waiting for the impossible.

Albee,
I've heard too many horror stories of maid "snatching" hubby. Your maid is already sending "come-on" signals to your hub. I would be seriously worried. Cos 1 party is already willing. It takes a moment of weakness for the other 1 party to fall prey.

Somemore you say that your hub "prince-like" quality... wow!! *envy-envy* Like that you will really need to pay more attention. From stories I heard before, there has been cases of maid who will stoop to anything juz to make the man fall prey. My Godma's ex-maid will do the housework bra-less and start shaking her boobs. Then wear tight tight clothes to 'show-off' her nipples and 'show' the men in the house she is bra-less. Else, she will bend over in her short shorts to wipe the coffee table lah, wash the car lah. All done in front of the men. Needless to say, tat maid lasted less then 2-weeks! hahahahah... Such prolonged behaviour can certainly lead to temptation.

Hi Dymples,

I think my hubby is immune by now as he always have female admirers from single days to married.

I'm always gracious with them and they will feel embarrass to "snatch" my hubby.
Some of them even confide in me that my hubby only loves to talk about his family.

Although it's 7 yrs, I'm glad he still looks at me with love.
Sometimes, I caught him staring at me like this when I'm playing with the children.

Hopefully, the magical love he hold for me will never disappear.
Is this too much to hope for when there are so many temptations out there?

Hi Albee,

I agree with Dymples that your maid already sending "signals" of her admiration of your hb.
So, better playsafe than never as temptations is always there.

I heard from my MIL (thro' her aunties' talk) that happened to one of our neighbours here. The couple has been divorced and the maid is now Mrs XXX.

The 2 maids we have employed so far are quite well-behaved.

NB : My hb is nowhere near "prince quality" lah :p

Hi ladies,

After I hinted about the provocative pictures, my maid seems to be back to her normal self.

Actually, I'm reluntant to see her go as she is a very efficient maid.

Eg. When I am changing my clothes, she will just enter my room politely and remove my dirty clothes before I even finish dressing up in my fresh clothes. I'm kind of surprise because I'm semi-naked.

I never expect this level of service from our local maids.

Kind of remind me of those victorian maids who help their ladies to dress up.

Luckily, she never help my hubby to dress up for work.

Hi May,

Presently, everything seems ok but nobody can predict the future, just have to hope for the best.

Occasionally, I will see some old couples in their 70s holding hands to go for a walk.

Or the husband wheeling his wheel-chaired wife to see the doctor.

They are so loving and I can see their geniune concern and love for each other.

my FIL hving senile dementia, oh god, the maid earn alot, keep on getting money from him, how 2 stop it? maid come here only 5mths, able to get $6000 to remitte home, wondering where she get the money, from my FIL, cause he said his money gone, but dont hv proof that he gt so much money, but very sure that FIL doted her very much, cause she whole afternoon can go n do her own personal things, FIL gave her all the freedom, now i think of e way 2 kick her out, but still cant think of the better way, she is nt gd in housework but can pls old man, all e SIL n BIL think tt as long as she can pls old man, so she is very gd lor, housework nv mind, so she is very smart, everyday pls e old man n let him very happy. I cant do anything liao. Nw i am in the lost, everyday very depressed dont noe what 2 do. y she 1 2 make my life so miserable.

Hi Sandra,

I find that your maid got personality problem to take adv of your FIL becos of his illness. U may like to seriously consider changing her. Just imagine, what other things can't the maid do if she can "siphon" so much $$$ from your FIL? It is obvious that it is his $$$ that she is after.

It is easy for your SIL/ BIL to say that so long as the maid can pls the "old man". Imagine one day when your FIL has no more $$$, how will she treat him?

Hi Albee - Yes, I agree with you that I alwasy see, with envy that old couples still hold hands or accompany each other lovingly even when old and sick. It is not easy and it takes alot for couples to make a relationship work in a lifetime together
happy.gif

Sandra,
Tink you better be careful lor. The maid already remit the $$$ back home. Later she accuse of you stealing your FIL $$$ chamz liaoz. Dun see her no up yah... I'm sure she's got loads of tricks up her sleeves. This willy old fox is definately up to no good. Dun be accused of something you never do. If you have evidence of her remitting this amount of $$$, show it to your BIL and SIL and then confront her.

Worse still, your FIL has dementia. This means it's easy for her to 'plant' ideas into your FIL's head. For example if she keep saying you steal $$$, sooner or later your FIL will believe this idiotic maid and accuse you, then big big problem!

Be prepared and be really careful! You have a ticking time bomb on your hands now. Better FIRE her before you yourself are placed in front of a firing squat.

Sandra,
Forget to ask you... is your hubby aware of all these happenings? If not, I seriously suggest you sit him down and talk this through once and for all. Give your hubby an ultimatum if he won't budge. Most importanly, remember... this is YOUR HOUSE! If you SIL and BIL likes the maid so much, then tell them to bring her home! You are changing maids and you will be pay for the new maid. FULL-STOP! NO MORE QUESTIONS! NO MORE NEGOTIATIONS!

Sorry... dun mean to be harsh, but I feel you should learn to put your feet down instead of lamenting here. You need to protect your children and yourself from this witch! Be very wary of her. *Good Luck* and I do hope sincerely that you'll be able to resolve this issue soon. Dun let this MAID get away with all these nonsense. Gain back what is rightfully yours! Your HOME! Your FREEDOM! Your SANITY!

Dymples (acthia)

I cant do anything, cause the maid salary is shared by all e SIL n BIL, they insisted dont cahnge the maid cos FIL likes her very much, she noe hw 2 "buy his heart", old man said he will die with tis maid, all e SIL n BIL said if i change another maid, if FIL dont like cos him big problem, i will b blame, somemore i'm nt working, i'm homemaker, tt y i cant stand all her nonsense, i need 2 run out everyday juz 2 avoid 2 c all her nonsense. She gt "mountain", i dont hv, i onli think of e way 2 get rid of her but i cant.

Sandra,

Aiyohz... if your dad can say he will die wz the maid... means really headache for you. Sorry if I sound harsh... but I'm really angry with your maid's behaviour.

As for the money that she remitted, do you have any proof of that? Is your husband aware of all these? Becos I'm really afraid of this cunning maid. I can foresee that she will turn the tables on you and accuse you of stealing the money.

As you say... she got "mountain". But then again... this mountain is suffering from senile dementia. Guess maybe you gotta wait out till his condition really deteriorates then can get rid of this pest.

Meanwhile, please try to search for evidence on the remittance of this huge amount of money. Be prepared... you'll need to protect yourself. I can see that she finds you an easy prey and will have totally no qualms in 'destroying' everything you have.

How about you consult the agent and tell them your suspicions? Ask them for advise on how to deal with this cunning fox?

Haiz... sorry... I dun have any other advise for you. Guess you'll need to pray really hard for God to work a miracle and get rid of this pest for you.

Meanwhile, how about you write in to Tamarind's blog about all these? MAke sure you post in the maid's photo and WP details. At least if later your SIL or BIL confronts you, you can refer them all to the blog for details. Also, if you are guilty, you won't be willing to share your experience for the whole world to see right? Just a suggestion on how you can safeguard yourself.

Good luck and take care. IF you really cannot tahan, maybe you can bring your children and go back to your mom's place for a short while. Then let your hub deal with the maid's nonsense? This way, if you're not around to clear her mess... then maybe also got chance all your SIL and BIL can see her true colours?

Dymples
I dont hv evidence on the remittance, only she wrote on her diary that she is very happy now she have so much money, but she came here 4 mths ago she only has thousand six, now all the sudden her money increase so much, gt so worry, SIL n BIL confront her abt the remitte money, she said she juz remitted $50, yet they believed n they cliamed tt FIL dont hv so much money 2 give her( or rather she can take from him). Then where is the money come from, but i understand frm neighbour she went out with the permission of my FIL during afternoon, dont noe go where? yesterday she gt the cheek 2 ask me 2 cook 4 whole family, she said she is going out 2 eat n go bank, I told her off tt she has her offday she can do anything during her off day nt working hour. The my FIL brought her out, very headache lie..

Hi all

Sorry to disrupt.

Can someone pls advice what is the current market rate for ex malaysia indo maid starting salary with no off days?thanks

rgds

Hi Tamarind,

I'm new here who is interested on yr blog. Pls adv whether i shall subscribe to "POST(Atom)" in order to post? tks

Long time never post here. My maid work for me for 6 mths liao. At first is ok, but now is getting worse and worse. Today she knew my boy throw away his sch shorts in the dustin and yet didnt tell me. I realised until when I threw my youngest son diapers inside. I questioned her and she said she knows and yet never tell me. And just say sorry. Told my hubby I can't stand her, ask him to talk to her later. Do things also slow, don't know don't want to ask. Will ask those everyday she works. Damn funny.

Hi, I've had an Indonesian helper for 1 and half year and I've been following this thread and Tamarind's blog even before I got a helper. I'll like to send her on home leave in Dec although her contract is not up yet, as Dec is most convenient for us.

Can I check with you all here - besides getting her air tickets, do I have to inform the embassy and MOM? I've checked both websites but still blur about what to do. Is there a need to temporarily suspend her work permit at MOM, and to endorse employer's address at the embassy? Thank you!

Yesterday my elder son threw away his school shorts. Then I found it in the dustin and ask her why she never tell me. Then my hubby talked to her last nite. Told her we won't send her back to agent if she doesnt want to work here. We will send her back to Indon. Think she scare we send her back then today she run away. I went to IMM at 430pm. Before I left the house I told her to vaccum and mop the floor and wash the toilet. At 8pm plus I came back the whole house is empty. I have made the police report. Tomorrow going to agent. She still owe me about $800plus.

Tamarind how what should I do?

maureen

i'm also having problems with my 6 months maid now. Thk we hired at the around same time. She's supposed to sweep, mop the floor and wash car by 7am on sunday. But this morning i had to wake her up at 6.50am. So she finished late and only can wash car by 7.10am. I told her next time she has to wake up on time. She still dare to answer me back ma'am, it's only ten minutes. Wat an idiot. 10 min cos i WOKE her up loh. If i didn't wake her up, dunno what time she will wake up!

The maid agcy confiscated her hp when she first came to sg. But she has some church frens here, a nun came to my hse to pass her a hp along with some clothes, still dare to tell me loudly at my gate tht the hp is for her, she doesn't want her to give to anyone else. HAHA... Sorry loh....but it's my hse and i'm her employer n her boss. When is her turn to dictate wat i shd do? But out of gdwill n compassion, i allowed her to only use hp once a wk at night when she can rest.

Yesterday, on sat she asked me whether can let her use on sunday also cos she wants to tok to her sis in hk who only has off day on sun. I told her to stick to our agreement once per wk. So she can choose sat or sun. But not 2 days. She show me BLACK face with FISHBALL eyes!

This morning, when she returned me her hp for my safekeeping after i reminded her to surrender it, she returned w/o the batt and sim card. Can guess wat she's up to right??

Really feel like sending her bk to agt! Maureen, at least yr maid showed respect to u and knows how to say sorry. My only keep showing me BLACK FACE WITH FISHBALL eyes!

Hi Yunyi,

I remember my Agency doing some procedures for a Filipino maid to go back on homeleave when I was there to collect my newly employed maid. There is some documentation she needs to bring to the Airport.

If I am not wrong, you should inform MOM of the homeleave of your maid. They need to do temporary supsension of her work permit until she comes back. You can check MOM website on how to do it.

she said: i dun want u to chk on my hp. I told her i not so free. She said: no. I will keep the battery and sim card myself. I said no problem, and sent her packing.

My new maid coming on thurs. She's a 8 day old transfer maid. wish me luck. Sick n tired of maid agcies. Their bio-datas are all fake, and not signed nor filled up by the maid! They were also not recruited, not interviewed, not trained! I feel like i am running a maid training centre, helping them train new maids with no exp FOC!

Lemontree, sometimes she keep quiet with her fishball eye too. One thing good is that we have decided no more maid and this is what I am waiting. Tomorrow have to wait for agent to pick her up from embassy and check why she runaway then I will know whether I can get back my balance of the loan. I told my hubby if can get back the loan, fine she can go ahead and transfer. If cannot, then I will terminate her permit and send her back since I already lost my $. This type of maid no need to pity them. And I learnt my lesson. When she came no towel, not enough t shirts and shorts I gave her. In the end I get this. She left without taking her things. Those stuff I given to her, I all throw them away.

hi,

i am back here again... asking abt direct hire...

anyone direct hired a indonesian maid before?

the maid that is with me before i gave birth.. is still the same.. kay kiang..

best, is she go cut my girl (3.5mths old) fingernails without us telling her to do that... we dun expect her to do such dedicate task as well.. and she kay kiang go do it..and cut into my girl's finger when my 2.5 yrs old monkey boy knocked into her frm behind while playing.

sianz.. now my colleague recommending his ex-maid... i thought might as well try my luck frm word of mouth recommendation instead of with agencies..

Maureen,
Oh dear sorry to hear that your maid ran away. She will most likely run back to the agent. Have you heard anything from your agent yet ?

According to the latest changes :
In cases where the FDW absconds, only half the Security Bond ($2500), instead of the entire bond of $5000, will be forfeited, so long as the employer has made reasonable efforts to locate the worker.

Hopefully your maid will turn up ! If you have bought the security bond waiver, then you will not lose the $2500.

As for the money she owes you, it will be very difficult to get it back.

yunyi,
For Indonesian maid, so long as the maid's work permit card is still valid, all you have to do is to buy air ticket for her. There is no need to inform MOM and embassy. My Indonesian maid has gone home and return before.

For Filipino maids should be like what Snowball wrote.

Briana,
Sorry for the late reply. My blog allows anonymous comments. Don't need to subscribe.

Just click on a link, then click Post a Comment.

Dear all,
I would like to share this interesting article about how expats in the Philippines manage their maids :

http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-expats-in-philippines-manage-their.html

Tamarind, she is at the embassy. The agent is trying to contact her there. But they told me is about 1-2 days then can tell me. So far they told me I can get back the $. Luckily I have bought the insurance.

Maureen,
OIC. For the maid loan, you can check the agency contract to see if they can refund you the maid loan. Most likely they can refund you the maid loan only if the maid finds another employer, looks like quite impossible in this case.

Sian...employing maid is like this, we all risk losing money. You still have to pay for her air ticket back.

Agent already spoken to the maid. She runaway because can't stand my mil. She wants to be transferred out. I can get back my refund. Even she runaway, agent also won't tell the truth.

smurfy, hi hi... so qiao leh, I also want to get info on direct hire of Indo maid. My ex-maid (Indo) wanted to come back to work for me, thot of bringing to Spore myself to save some cost. Called a few agents and they charging from $1200-1600 to help me to bring the maid over. Sigh...

Hi Maureen,

Lessons learnt from my friends/ colleagues/ sister - Never ever tell your maid that you are sending her home. They will get scared and find ways to run away. Once you have decided to send her away, best way is to arrange with your Agent to do the necessary repatriation arrangements. Unless you got your maid from and errand Agent, most agencies do this for you(some charge a fee).

On the day itself, get your maid to pack and tell her that you are sending her back to the Agency. If possible, get the agency to come to your place to fetch her. So far, this is what my friends/ colleagues did & this will safe the hassle of having to play hide and seek game with them.

If the maid has no intention or already have the intention to leave, they will not listen to those things we tell her.

Some agencies will just tell some excuses so that you can allow her to be transferred out (they can earn another round to agency fees) instead of letting you repatriate your maid. The final choice is really yours as she is official still under your employment until the day her WP is cancelled (either transferred or repatriated).

giggler
ur ex maid? the one that sherwin very close to? haiz..

my plan blackfire again.. hb wanna retain the toopid maid coz he feel pity for her that the family keep on asking for money and she had none. i think i am running a charity home now
sad.gif

smurfy,yes we bringing back the maid that sherwin is very close to. Cos she ok to come back now that her mil recovered from operation liao. I checked with MOM and they said it's very simple to bring her here to Spore. But I scared she has prob coming out from Indo leh. Sigh.....

think i'm damn unlucky! My 4 day old maid told me tht her son met with an accident and is hospitalised and she requests to go back to agcy to go bk to phil..... Already told her she still has loan, but she insists of going bk to see her son. how will u ladies handle this?

I also dunno fake or real.....is she trying to pull a fast one? Come sg for holiday.... Really angry... if i send her bk to agt, Will u ladies pay $150 for her food and lodging for the next 15 days to find employment if u were me? I just spend a bomb on her insurance and security bond! She thinks is a game....but is not funny at all!

Back