A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

Apple: I thought of but maybe because still mfs - I'm not comfortable with her in the rocker and I like her to move ard. Did u sit in that time? My husband 's friend had his child placed in mfs and also says that in the rocker the whole day .

Butterwaffles: for me I have to take bus there. Seriously I really Like the place but my DH says wait and see. Just very concerned abtbthe raining part cause not really have shter. The thing I like abt lsh is that they only have two rockers so teachers have to carry, place her on mats and interact with the child instead of leaving her alone. But now just enrol nia haven't start yet so I'm not sure.

elto,
<font face="calibri"> me, i put my ger in their childcare when she is abt 19mths, sick and sick and sick...cos i think their aircon is really too cold, and the bathing area to toddler classroom got a distance, so imagine they just finish bathing and hair still wet and walk back to the classroom to blow dry their hair...so my ger always sick and kena HFMD too, so abt 3mths or even lesser, i withdraw her...and i duno why safra branch de always got stomach flu cases....and now i heard my neighbour told me the standard kind of drop le for this branch, which im not very sure, but i got one gf put her boy in for abt 4mths le, she say always cough and flu, cant avoid...

also the location is not that convenient when comes to raining days, very ma fan and no shelter</font>

Cutiebb99:
oh dear got so serious ah! when I was there to enrol they did say abt having 5 stomach flu cases but I thought it will be a one off thing. Ur gf placed her kid in IFC or the toddler side? Ah which level of standard ur neighbor refers to? Haiz must restart again ah? How about the teachers there?

Is the other mummy still active in this thread? Hope she can share her experience!

Eelto: tt sounds bad! Altho most ccs r lk tt I guess, say only bt nv do. The worse is they also always use sensitive nose as an excuse for runny noses! >.<"!!!

Re: part time maid
Poshies gave me the same wrong number as before!
sad.gif
does anyone hv any contacts for part time maid? Its v tiring to do hsework all esp when it cms to vaccuuming/wash toilet/ironing when thr's a 2yo tod hanging ard u!
sad.gif
I'm getting so sick of this la..

Ashwen, cn I pick up the egg yolk light frm u today or tmr?

Butterwaffless: 922 ifc hv transport/cc for 2yo? Do u hv a contact person I cn speak to?

Hi ladies

Can I find out from you how long is the waiting time for childcare? My girl is 6 months old but when I visit MFS at JP, I was told the queue was super long.... about 80 over kinds. Just wondering when do I need to start queuing.. don't want to be seen too kiasu.

Oh yes, another question. I hope it doesn't sound silly... currently, my girl is taken care by my mother-in-law. I am wondering whether does putting her in infant care would help her to develop better? My colleague whose son is the same case as by girl (6 months) can crawl and even stand up claimed that the infant care helps to develop his son's development, especially in motor skills.

I think seriously depend on the IFC and the one looking after. When I was at mfs at my house down stairs, I noticed the development of te children were rather slow. Imagine a 7 month old baby still strapped to the rocker the whole day! When my aunt helped me look after at my house, I made sure she has a lot of tummy time and I felt she developed fast. Dunno is it me but I feel she slowed down after entering this current IFC so that's another reason I wanna change to another one. My mil who looked after my SIL one put her in the stroller the whole day and she learn to crawl at 9 months.

elto, believe me, i understand the part about rainy days. But to me, i have no choice because 1) I cannot afford a $1K+ ifc and 2)There was simply no other ifc at that at point of time for me. I nearly enrolled my boy at Little Wings infantcare at Jurong West. St 42! Very lucky the 922 P tried her best to get more teachers in so that my boy can go. At that time, i think 922 has 2 ifc teachers only with 5 babies. If my boy goes in, the P needs 1 more teacher. Cheesecake hasn't posted here for quite sometime liao ah...Her gal used to be at LSH. Then went 922. Wow...possible to put bb in stroller or rocker whole day meh? This will never happen to my boy, he screams and wails like hell, no-one can force him to do anything he doesn't want to. I guess it depends on the child also. If the child is 'easy', won't or dont know how to protest that kind, then jialat liao.

jamie, just call the number can liao...922 has no transport. I don't think any PCF centres provide transport ah.

sailor, I only have 1 boy and he entered ifc at 8 months. He started walking (as in, on his own with confidence) 2 weeks after his first birthday. He took his first step when he turned 11 months. I don't think he is particularly fast, just normal...but i think it does help if the babies are seeing older babies crawling and walking, monkey see monkey do. But i won't say it can do miracles, haha. Let them develop at own pace bah...i have seen cases where the babies flip at 3 months, crawl at 6 months but 16 months then can walk. Really doesn't matter, all will catch up in the end de...

Butterwaffles: thx for helping. I stay 630 so 922 is kinda out of e way.. No direct tpt somemore I tink.
sad.gif
u were the one who also opt for yunnan mmi rite?

Sailor: I enquired for my girl b4. She shld b in the tod class. They said waiting list, 2yrs. She didn't even bother to look up at me. Jus click click her comp n asked "when ur bb born?" I say "may 09" she say "oh tt grp, 2yrs wait" I said "2yrs??" She say "ya" I say "lk that she can go N2 also lor." Lol!

Sailor
No worries! My gal just started to crawl ard 8mth+. Now 10mths she is very active crawling everywhere and can't sit still which giving me headache;p
Guess when she can walk, I have to run after her
sad.gif

It doesn't matter that the baby started crawling late as long as they don't skip it.
Do update me about the meeting! We can bring babies out together.

cartier mummy,

Hard rock hotel has a children swimming pool with slide and another one with sands (like a beach). They facing Kuta beach but nothing to scream about it! If you like to have a private beach and relaxing, would suggest you stay at Nusa Dua...

@butterwaffles: ya I was calculating the cost and it is $400 difference a month! I also seriously heartpain abt the money. When I enquire 922 the lady said there are 5 teachers currently to 9 children and can afford another 4 more. Is their p a Malay lady? She didn't seem happy when this teacher showes my hubby and I around that time dunno why . When I went in I saw one Chinese lady (sounds like a prc), 1 Malay one and 1 with specs but she seem to shuttle in between the infant and toddler class. There is 1 young Indian lady but when I saw her feed the mobile ones she seem to get impatient so was wondering is it because of the heat as non-aircon make her irritated or what.

What made my heart ache was that it was very obvious that my gal don't like to b in the rocker the whole day but everytime she made noise the current IFC just ignored cause easier to put her in rocker than outside cause they didn't want to look out for mobile ones who may go near her! It was so bad that she started to turn her head from side to side at a very fast rate that they have to wedge two pillows at the side of her head to stop it. I remember my pd said if they are awake and kept doing this that means they want attn and Ppl to interact with them. My Milford things old way so put bb one side and do work unless they cry for attention. But now she learn to crawl she attempt to climb Down from stroller so mil boh Bian must let her Down to crawl

@sailor: I don't really trust this waiting list thing anymore. I feel it's more like Heng sway Liao u walk in and ask got vacancy. Considering I signed at mfs much earlier nobody told me got space until I went in accidentally to ask and they just tell me got

elto,
<font face="tahoma"> my cousin place my nephew there since infant and till now still there, and my cousin in law told me stomach flu is very common in this branch and when my ger was there for abt +/- 3mths, can see often they will put up notice abt stomach flu and parents can only send the kids till the door and teacher bring them in

my standard is referring to the teacher standard, maybe too many chinese teacher bah...and my gf who just place her son in early this yr is in toddler class de....

hmm, i feel infant and toddler still okie for LSH cos they got their own classroom, when comes to N2 onwards, they are sharing the big area outside, i wonder hw they really study...not disturb by other classes? im not very sure how other childcare is, but this is what LSH is doing...</font>

Hi ladies

Thanks a lot for all your sharing. Sometimes, I do know that I feel the "heat" when interacting with "competitive" parents who like to boast about their children's achievements. I am still learning to accept my child's abilities - afterall, she is a miracle from God.
happy.gif
She's enjoying the "flipping" process now.

Elto: I agree with you. I think childcare of IFC is like playing lottery. I got a friend who also happened to walk in and ask and was told that there was just one more vacancy for her child of that particular age!!!

Hi etlo,

I m the other mummy who have my gal at 922 now.
Fyi, back then when I urgently need an infant care 3 mths ago, MFS at 671 offered me too.
Both have vacancy (which is a surprised for MFS), I went to both 922 and 671 MFS to view immediately.
While I was still thinking during that 2 or 3 days, my husband dropped MFS though we stay super near (walking distance).
It is too crowded. Imgaine 10 to 15 babies, 5 to 7 teachers in a HDB jumbo living room. And, I find not comfortable to communicate to the in-charge there. Not she unfriendly or put on-air type, but like super busy n don't listen. Hence, the impression I get is if I have something to voice out, they may not take it to heart or take any action or take it too lightly.
922 is a distance to us, but only 5 babies then. So for the best of our gal (whom used to have 1 dedicated maid to care n play with her), we opt for 922.

922 is getting crowded too, but I will not because of recent incident and look for another. I wrote my feedback in the handbook and they apologise it sincerely. This is what I need and feel comfortable. Maybe direct govt related, so they have to be more "responsive".

922 almost every day have activities, however, with more babies coming in, it seen much lesser (or maybe they didnt written)??

For development, I think different baby develop dirrently. My gal is 14 mths now, but only make sounds that has no meaning to her, like mamamama, wawawawa, babababa..

etlo,

One more thing about this 922 young indian teacher, butterwaffles told me before his son not very accepting her and seen like other babies also.
Well, true enough, my gal if see her at the entrace, she will "CRY" and walk away or refuse to go in.
Maybe she really need some improvements.

Apple,
I have email to you
happy.gif

Reg: Babies classes

Any mommies keen to join me for the open house at The Enrichment Classroom at Bukit Gombak next week?
They are able to have a special open house viewing for us and let us know the babies programme outline. Their official opening will be end mth.

cutiebb:

I was thinking about the open space concept also for LSH. Seriously I was wondering how they all study cause when I walk in I just hear noise from all over the place! I am also thinking if they adequately prepare them for p1 (super kiasu I know lol) but I was reading their programs and stuff..seem interesting but don't know how sparkletots prepare theirs. Oh yes, sparkletots and LSH.. their N1-k2 also childcare? I will need them to enter DD the whole day..

batbat:
u are totally right about the 671a. That time i was desperate I just quickly book the place and like you it was so super convenient (I think u live quite near me). when I went to 922 that time I didn't really see any activities going on though I came at different times. However what struck me was the teacher's expression when she was looking after the toddlers (the one with black specs and a bit plump). It was filled with joy and that struck me so I went to find out. Gonna start LSH day after tomorrow so I really need to see how things go - I just feel sorry for my dd who has to keep transiting different childcare =(

sailor:
I totally understand what you mean. Time to time I will see FB moms bragging what their kids are doing and I will feel the heat as well.

Sometimes I wonder if I worry too much about her. Hate being a first time mom -keep worrying about so many things!

elto, batbat is right. The young indian teacher, i don't know how to say. I think she doesnt have the yuan with kids. Ever since my boy was there, i only see 1 gal who takes to her and she has left already, went LSH for childcare. But she is much more stern with the kids, and i think kids can sense it, so they don't take to her very well. The one you mention, abit plump with black specs, she's a newbie. She's very spontaneous. Thanks to her, my boy started to climb onto our backs everytime we bend down because she actually piggybacks him around in the centre! And my boy loves it! Haha. No wonder he started climbing over our heads. It was during 1 morning when i sent my boy there and i saw my boy climb onto her back and she just heaved him up and piggyback him away and my boy didn' even say goodbye to me! But nowadays, she's at the childcare side. She seems quite passionate, i quite like her
happy.gif
To be honest, i get very impatient with my boy at times too and he's my own son. He's not easy to deal with but the teachers at 922 are able to subdue him ^^ Even if i engage a nanny to look after my boy, i will also worry what's happening behind closed doors. 922 is open concept, people walk by everyday at different hours, at least i don't feel so bad...

Actually, open space concept is quite common? LV @ Biopolis, CH @ Chervons are all open concept. I guess it's the space. If not sooo close together, open concept is fine? The centre that my boy's going to in August is not thou, has classrooms on 2 storeys but i feel its really pros and cons. Whatever works right? But this is through trial &amp; error, don't blame yourself for switching centres, you just want the best for your child.

sailor, i feel you! Haha...when my boy couldn't walk on his own on his first birthday, i feel the pressure too. People were like, huh still cant walk?? He started to walk properly on his own 2 weeks after his birthday. I see many FB mummies declaring their newborns of like, 3 days, trying to lift their heads! hahaha! Or babies like 4 months old pinching their noses! Quite a feat huh? :p But i try not to compare. I'm super grateful that my boy is born normal &amp; healthy, i really have nothing else to ask for
happy.gif
But it is so competitive, i worry as well...being parents not easy huh.

elto,
<font face="tahoma"> im thinking the same qns too, how they study in the open concept, just partition by cupboards, but one thing good abt LSH is u cant deny their academic is good, and the meals they provide also good and healthy and they are not stingy abt food, if they see ur kid can eat, they will gv them more and if they see ur kid didnt finish or eating slow, the teachers will help to feed them and not just bo chap, so u dun hv to worry that ur kid will be hungry over there....</font>

butterwaffles,
<font face="tahoma"> ya lor...sometimes i see ppl post in FB, really kind of fast for their bb, but every bb is different lar, for my ger also 2 weeks after her lst birthday, she started walking, we also wondering when she will start walking cos she dun crawl de, she dun squat, alot of skills she dun do de, but she simply just walk on her own...very weird kid right...ha!!!</font>

<font color="ff6000">Pinky, I have email you, let me know on the timing again.

butterwaffles, agree with you, I too feel the pressure among her peers in fb and forum. So and so will say her baby can stand, can this can that. I will tell my hubby and he will keep telling me stop comparing. I cant help, but then I try to tell myself she is my precious darling so as long as she is healthy and happy I very happy.
happy.gif
</font>

Mummies..

Dont bother about comparing healthy babies with one and another.

My friend's baby gal has some health issue and born 4 mths older than my gal.
However, till date, she can't crawl, cant walk, can't sit well, can't hold her milk bottle, etc and like 4 to 5 mths younger than my gal.
Need to go through special therapy and the mummy and her mother in law has to quit her job to look after her. The husband is the only working to support all. Imagine the stressful life they are leading.

So dont compare.
We have healthy baby is most important.

I agree! Every child develop differently.. Whats impt is that they are happy and healthy..

My lazy boy only start to do full flip this week... At 4.4 months...

Perhaps sometimes do feel abit worried when see friend's FB update their child milestone.. Esp those ard the same age.. Got a friend, posted in her FB tt her boy can call out his own name when he is abt 2/3mths... And can say "lai, hui...etc.. simple chinese words..." Hmm... seems abit unbelievable...
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

Yes. Dont compare...

Each day marvel at the new things your child has learnt. Dont care abt what other kids can or cannot do..

Also note that.. most ppl will only post in FB to say their kids can do this or that... but wont post to say what they cannot do! Right? Coz the list will be so long...
So your child will be able to do something, that other kids cannot yet...

Hi Smurfy,
kids as young as 2/3 starts to make sounds.. but there is no meaning to it. Parents just want to link something to it only.

elto

922 has activities for the infant.
Every day they will write the activities on the update file.
And, I was very very surprise there is arts also (anyhow drawing type), and at first i wonder why sometimes her clothes a bit dirty, after I saw her "drawing", i realised what happen.

But then, nowadays too many babies, hence I think not many activities as nothing was written for the past 2 weeks.

Once 922 hit their maximum, we also need to know it will be crowded, much lesser attention, babies always crying one after another, teachers losing patience, etc. However, like what butterwaffles say, their "window" is open, hence people can walk pass and see. MFS 671 curtain is always close which makes me feel uncomfortable.

Sunny,

Ya lor.. tt why i commented tt maybe while he's babbling, she link it to his name... But she stand firm tt her boy indeed can speak at such young age becoz she recite her boy name everyday several times... And she keep talking to him whole day.. So he mimick her.. Hmm watever lor... Heehee
happy.gif
But tt time i really got worried, how come my boy keep babbling words tt i dun understand at all... Our boy almost the same age.. So i chk w my other friends... All think this is ridiculous.. From then on, i told myself dun compare.. Coz sometimes it may not be true..
happy.gif

Bat, last week got story telling... Heehee
happy.gif

Agree w bat.. 922 v open concept... Tats what i like.. Heehee :0 Btw, anyone apply mosquito repellent for yur kids at 922?

SmurfFamily,
<font face="tahoma"> we got a FB group in FB, u can try searching for Jurong Mummies and add as group</font>

<font face="tahoma"> any mummies noe where i can get travel set utensils for toddler? went kiddy palace yday to hv a look but seems not so suitable for a 3yrs old toddler...any spree or BP have?</font>

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">ashwen</font>
My colleague's son's cc teacher oso keep changing. I think its coz they quite low paid.. so teachers tend to jump the ship when better offers come by. Sighz.. we dun have such passionate teachers after all. But den again, it's really not easy being a childcare / IFC teacher. Imagine face so many kids everyday... i think i will go crazy.

<font color="ff0000">batbat</font>
My sentiments exactly!! As long as bb is healthy.. i think that's all tat matters.

<font color="ff0000">Smurfy / Sailor</font>
haha.. I got a group of frens whom I knew from the forum for the #1. There's this mummy whom many of us ostracise now.. coz she keep posting how genius her son is. OK, to admit, her son is much advance den many of ours, but we just cant stand how she keep posting in FB and boasting it away.

It can get so wild that she will post, both she n her son got psychic powers. Like the touch of their fingertips and they noe wat each other is thinking abt. Incredible rite? We think crazy. When her son was younger, she used to boast that her son can say this word, that word.. we always think she's the one who assumes her son is saying it. it's just how u decide to decipher it.

So take heart. There are many ppl out there who like to boast and compare. Oh, my DS or DD can do this already.. how abt urs? Den make u feel so inferior. Like u are such a lousy mummy.. that's y ur child dunno how to do 'this' yet.</font>

Hi Cutiebb99,
wat type are u looking for? Spoon, soup spoon, fork?
Can try Daiso - the Bento stuff section. Most come with case.
For me, I always use a soup spoon (puku brand or one with Disney cars cartoon and a fork - from the "Take n toss series".. the case I use the case from Combi or a clear plastic pencil case from Daiso. Not matching.. but as long as works. heehee..

<font color="ff6000">ashwen, which cc ur son goes to again?
WHat u say certainly make sense.

Cartier Mummy, can pm me your fb email? I go add u. Let me know in ur header u r cartier mummy, my mail always goes to the junk.
</font>

My sister's friend is SAHM.
She enrolled her son in Shichida since 6 mths old or something. So everyday she will work with him on the flashcards, stacking blocks, crawling, exercising..swimming etc.
So by 20 mth, he could do spelling for 3 letter simple words, some math 1+1,1+2 etc, and say A-Z front and back and count to 100...
Amazing.. but I think this is all due to the hardwork and hours they put in everyday.
How many of us can do that.

Max,
I agree! Being a childcare/IFC teacher is not easy.. I think i will turn mad if im a SAHM.. Whahahah... Tat 2.5 mths maternity is ENUFF!! Whahaahha...
happy.gif

Heehee.. Nowadays, when not so close friends whose kid is almost the same age as my boy ask me can my boy do this alr? Or my boy can do this at (how many) mths.. Yur boy can? If he hasn't i will laugh and answer "No. He might skip this step as i can see that he's learning to fly" whahahahahah
happy.gif
Then they will laugh and skip this topic... whahahahah
happy.gif

Hi Apple, i PM u liao...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Ashwen</font>
Amazing.. but makes me wonder if the child has any 童年. I dunno abt the rest of u.. but my kids this age should be playing in playgrounds and what nots.. instead of facing mathematics and spelling.. stuff which they cannot run away from once they start Kindergarten. It will haunt them for life. So i would prefer to let them play carefree all they want now..

Ok, think it's juz me.. so laidback and lazy :p that's y my kids are not achieving much</font>

ashwen,
<font face="tahoma"> im looking at spoon and fork to bring out, cos sometimes the places we go for meals, not children friendly de, so my ger will hv pblm using the cutlery...heee...see her struggle there trying to eat, so tot i shld get her one set her own de, easy for her...thanks so much, i will check out Daiso...</font>

ashwen,
Your sis friend really work hard for her baby! I'm a SAHM but too lazy to teach my baby myself...It seem like Shichida really has very good progress after attending the class! I have heard a lot of good feedback from parents.

Max,
I agreed with you...Sigh! Nowaday the education is different from our times. Children must know the words and read before enter to primary school. So they must have a good foundation by Pri 1. What to do Singapore standard is very high...Now not only parents stress, children also very stress if they don't do well! The school will also give parents pressure if the children don't do well in school:3 Children really have no childhood!!

ashwen: wow! im sahm but totally lazy mummy. already find my hands full with my 25mths old girl. have GD cards but nv made gd use of them, ended up selling them off. @_@

cutiebb: ya. the whole senario is as per exactly wat i pose in her bp lor. have u purchased a pkg frm her b4? i wanna book for xmas but she say can only cfm in nov. xmas hot period, cfm in nov still can make it meh? >.<"

re: kids' progress
i have a confession. my girl still duno A-Z and 1-10 properly at 25mths old. im quite ashamed of it actually. but its like tough to teach lei! any experienced mummies have any tips?!!!!!

i wanna join the jurong mummy family!! altho i dun come in to chat very often la. =p

jamie_nov,
<font face="tahoma"> currently im liaising with her thru email and im helping my gf to book aug and mine is nov.

i think hor, she got some special previledge de, thats why she only need 1 mth in advance to book and its first come first serve, meaning u want to book 24 dec, so u make payment lst, then if i also want 24 dec and make payment later than u, then she will have to see if rooms are still available for me or not...this is my guessing, if not why she can help so many mummies book...hee...sure got some corporate rates going on.

so has she reply ur email?</font>

Hi Jamie,
I'm a SAHM looking after 2 gals and do housework already take up a lot of times...When I have time will be lazy awhile, like now can use internet! hehe..
Have you send your girl to playgroup? I want to send my girl to playgroup next year cos she is very attached to me.
Are you staying near pioneer mall?

cutiebb: yes definately she gt earn. else y bother to pay $25 to start bp. hahaa! she replied my sms. still can ask me which date i wan. i replied "already told u 4x jus that u cldnt keep track cuz u take too long to reply." wahahhaa! have u paid her yet? i scared she dua lei. u c the other bp kena cxl suddenly. i scared!

btw, i search fb dun hv jurong west mummy? can someone add me in? [email protected]! =) thk u!

pinky, ya my girl napping nw. hehee! yup she's in summer montessori, same PG as connie's kids. =) my girl is clingy too, but she loves school! i stay at 630. u?

pinky, summer montessori is GREAT. really thankful to connie for intro-ing me to that sch. =) the tchrs are a great bunch and my girl loves gg to sch to entertain herself. lol! u can pm me, if u wanna knw anything more cuz i tink my girl's gg to wake soon. nearly 2 hrs alr. =)

Back