A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

Cheri
S is also like that...she will nap up to 2hrs++ in her pram when out then refuse to nap at home.
You will wake N middle of the night or she will wake up herself?

ur middle of nite is the 3-5 am round? yes, she'll wake on her own cos we figured it should not be us waking her up or it wun be toilet training anymore :p

the 12 am midnite round, we'll still wake her up to pee cos we r not asleep yet. Besides, i think they r most tired & in deep sleep for that round so need a bit of help from us. we were proven rite last nite when she wet herself for the 12 am round but could wake on her own to pee for the 4 am round. When she's more 'established' in her 4 am round, then maybe we'll try to let her auto-mode for the 12 midnite round too.

But overall, i'm glad i did not do it too early. it was quite a breeze for us this round...only wet herself twice so far since these past 1 week plus. Both times were at the 12 midnite timing. kaka my eeeky wet Cinderella :p

Cheri
wow! Salute u on tt.
I didn't train ning at all.
Let her wear her diaper then chk and it was dry for 1 week. So asked her if she was ready.
Think one day she just decided she need not wear diaper at night...

cat
how old was ning then? N's nite diaper was still v v full b4 we trained her. So i feel it's not true that they r not ready to be trained if they hv a full diaper. It's abt whether they wanna control or not. N's happy to be off diapers for nite now cos it's more comfy, i guess.

Ning was abt N age now.
Yes, it's also abt their wanting to control it.
I rmb at my sis place my bil told her cannot wear diaper Liao and that was when I told her n we went diaper less...

Kai is off nap for whole of last week excpet yest when I went facial. Usually when hb is handling them n wo clear instructions he'll either let them watch tv or sleep!

Dropping nap
cannot la I need a bit of time off... Not that I'm complaining coz I made the decision to hs him and its doing him lots good for now...

Toilet train
cy off diapers in the day, as well as naps... Not trying for night time yet... Simply too lazy to do that ... I'm not big on toilet training...a lot of hassle..

Cat
ooooo the facial stuff seems interesting... One of those natural botanical thingy?

Elmo
did u try the custard bun at Imperial?
I love it!
And the red bean pastry!
Ok ok one thing I really hate abt Tim sum places... The menu is in Cantonese n when sil n mil rattle off sthg then ask u ok?
I will just go huh??? I dunno but I want that bun w yellow egg yolk... N soy bean milk...sigh

Diaper Off at night
Ya I am too lazy to train her too...train her off diaper at night means I gotta wake up with her for the start also...

Cat
No I didn't try the custard bun but I love their red bean pastry *yum
D can't really read chinese from the menu so usually he will get the captain to recommend and also he knows exactly what he wants so just order...

Elmo
usually we get the captain but when mil ask she will converse in canto so I'll just nod my head...
That's why I enjoy a lot when it's just four of us. Cos I'll ask in mandarin.
And I love si chuan dou hua! The rock crab, yum yum yum!

CNY gathering (steamboat) on 16 Feb Tuesday, 5pm @ my house

1) CG and family
2) elmo & family
3) cherisw & family
4) Lin?
5) Cat?
6) YY?
7) Yf?
8) angi & family

Mummies

<font color="ff0000">CAN WE CHANGE TO 17 FEB, WEDNESSAY at 5PM INSTEAD?</font>

1) CG and family
2) elmo &amp; family
3) cherisw &amp; family
4) angi &amp; family
5)
6)
7)
8)

Cg
Cannot make it on 17 Wed, 5pm. I knock off work at 6pm
sad.gif

Cheri
N still has her milk before gg to bed?

You're not gonna believe this. Today I did a workshop in TN! Been busy with the preparation for the past few days. In fact, we'll be having another one with MOE CPDD this coming Fri. Besides that, we're also busy with MOE's media literacy tender. Work is getting more and more interesting!

yf
yes, she still drinks abt 200 ml of milk at nite. Though she always insists that we give her the full 250 ml. Then we'll hv to do some wayang show, shake bottle, distract her hahahah...We try to give her abt 1.5 hours b4 she sleeps.

oh my! did a workshop as in for the teachers or pdos? did u get to meet dd or ad?good that u r enjoying ur work
happy.gif

YF
who is the dd for TN now? same person??

cg
ya see ya

cat
yayayaya...will rem..yes but on a brighter note, he managed to get towels for us!!!! buahahahahahhah....

All u ex-teachers :)

What's dd, TN and any other jargon?
It's aka to if I throw in banking jargons like PV01, repo, ELN, OMO...shld get the whole troops blur also :)

Wen
haha my hb v low maintenance...
My one haircut is his equivalent of a years' worth...
He uses whatever I buy for him.
Used to get him biotherm but he didn't like...
I get for him shaving foam and cleanser from nivea.
But his hair gel is ex. He uses loreal studio line which is about 18 per tube.
I used to get him ex shower cream cos he has sensitive skin. But ever since I got him this Korean brand, he is ok.

aishite
Hahaha....
PV01 = Price Value of 1 basis point?
repo = Repurchase agreement?
ELN = Equity-linked note?
OMO = Open market operations?

Teacher, correct or not? ;)

TN = Teachers Network
DD = Deputy Director
AD = Assistant Director
PDOs = Professional development offiers

Cheri
By the time I finished my workshop at 6pm, TN office was already empty and locked! Only managed to catch Ros and Ms Tambyah. The workshop was for gifted education officers. So far, work is still manageable. I'll be off for my maternity by end of July. So really don't mind the work now. Hehehe.

F1 doesn't take milk anymore before bed. Instead, he has it once he is back from school. As for then night one, I slowly reduced it till one day he totally forgot abt it ler. Hahaha. He sleeps thru' the night nowadays. He's very lazy to get up to pee. Maybe that's why he doesn't mind not drinking it.

Coming this fri, 12th is the school's cny party right? I'll catch you there!

Cy
DD is still Ms. Ong Pheng Yen.

Cg
By the time I reach your place, it could be 6.30pm, still got food ah?? ;)

Joyfulmom
Same here la. My hb's never used those things too. Maybe can get some mask for your hb, it'll be a whole new experience for his face!
happy.gif

yf
* clap clap * well done.
Either u worked in one, or u googled or u know someone there :)

For a while, i thought TN was Tao Nan !!

aishite
Yipee! I got it all correct!
I'm a librarian, who gets to surf the net whole day!
happy.gif

I met Cheri in Teachers Network. She was a PDO and I was the librarian in the teachers' library.

Hb very low maintenance ... Like ts ( that's why they click lo)

Dun get him started on anti ageing and the likes hor it's his rice bowl keke

he believes exercising and proper diet is the key plus health checks so you ll know which areas you need to work on...

Going out need sunblock to reduce exposure to sun as this will cause pigmentation and blah blah signs of ageing blah( now u know which part I start to swit h off in this topic liao)
other issues with men will be re ssinf hairline etc

cy
DDTN is retiring only in April this year...the new DD is a former cluster sup, i heard.

aishite
hahah you got me there though i honestly wouldn't really bother to find out since i know these r industry specific jargon :p

hahaha TN = Tao Nan...now i know :p

yf
hahah i can't believe it..u actually went to check lol

yes, will be attending the party too..N's so excited abt it; keeps singing the 冰糖葫芦 song wif so much gusto keke. has FX been singing it too? is ur hb back for the CNY? r u signing FX up for the extra enrichment; N will be taking Gym &amp; Speech &amp; Drama...

So cute, N just 'complained' to me that her best fren in class, XR, is not her best fren anymore. Cos XR prefers a new fren, another ger now...oh my, so young &amp; they start all these nonsense. told the mum of XR (she's my fren); she told me XR told her N &amp; another ger dun wanna play wif her anymore; prefer others...we 2 mummies had a good laugh
happy.gif

so how many times milk does FX take in one day now? he takes milk b4 nap in sch rite?

Cheri
Sha already have 2 "boyfriends" in her school.
These two boys are very cute, they will take good care of her, listen to her.
If I am late to pick her from school, they will wait patiently for her at the door gate.
<font color="ff6000">Why?</font> Because they want her to join them at the playground.
They even help her to remove and put on her shoes as I let her wear long pants to play at the playground.
And they also help to carry her water bag or school bag too. They also help me to push Nate's stroller.
<font color="ff6000">How long do they play at the playgound?</font> They will also wait till Sha is willing to go home.
There was once we did not send her to school, and the next day these two boys actually asked me what happened to her.

cg
hahah so so cute....woooh, think G's going to hv a lot of work cut out for him in future ;)

N's so far still more hung up over gers, not very keen on boys yet hahah..nt that we r worrying
happy.gif

Cheri
Yes, lately F1 has been singing some chinese song. But I can't make out what it is. I have no inkling of the 冰糖葫芦 song, that's why I don't know what he's singing ;P paiseh paiseh.
Yes hb's back since last saturday. He'll be gg to the school party too.
No more milk before nap too. Only take twice in a day: morning when he gets up and evening after school.

Cheri, Cg,
F1's understanding abt boys and girls is that boy is boy; girl is girl. They go to separate toilets. They don't belong to each other, so cannot mingle together. In a nutshell, he likes papa, yeye, gonggong, didi...basically boys 'cos they belong to his group. When asked whether popo is a boy or a girl. He said, "Boy!" :p

Cg
Alright then! Will pop in after work. What's your address? Can pm me? Thanks!

Cheri
Wah! You've signed N up for 2 enrichment programs?? I thot of letting F1 try the art one. Have N done that before?

yf
N's doing art prog outside now so i din sign her for Art. I've seen some pics of the older kids' art work during the EOY concert..nt bad, involves use of diff materials etc. Gym is during curr time in the morn leh...if he doesn't join, then he has to stay in sch while the rest r out. U sure?

hehe i oso dunno the 冰糖葫芦 song at all myself; it's quite a 冷门 song lah.

wahahah Popo is boy too?!

hv u changed ur mobile number? sms me if u hv k?

Cheri
AH?? You mean all N2 kids have signed up fo gym??

'Cos popo's never scolded him, so she IS one of his group members ;)

Oh ya, so sorry, yes, I have a new mobile no. I didn't know I had to continue to do the top-up within 6 months in order to keep it valid. It's pre-paid. Will pm you my new no.

yf
not compulsory but from what i observed from previous years, most will cos it's really fun. Those who dun sign up will stay in sch to do some activities like puzzles, draw etc. But i always see the kids coming back, all so exhilarated &amp; excited, think it will be very 'cruel' for FX to see others enjoying themselves leh. The sch bus ride to the gym is like a weekly excursion to them hahaha

cg
her gym is during her cc time in the morning so no need to stay longer hours. But s&amp;d is on friday aftn, the day she doesn't go to sch. I'll send her to sch for S&amp;D after her art class in Turf City.

yes yes, that's the song! Now i know better what's she singing abt hahahah...i did hear her 年轻二十年 though keke. N will b so excited when i show her later haha. thanks for locating the song.

Back