A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

lin
how's ur new maid gettin along?

loppily
yes, it's supposed to be scarier than Sars...esp cos it's infectious even b4 anyone dev the first symptoms of flu or fever. Unlike SARS where the infection only starts few days after fever.

lin
no lah,think $12 is oredi the bp price..just that i was wondering if there's a bp on it. ok will order from the site too...

Cheri
hmm v quiet n meek kind... eng not as gd oso not as efficient..
prolly cos shes new... but shes willing to learn so tats wats most imp
happy.gif

but too bad cay dun like her
sad.gif

hopefully he be nicer to her after my old maid leaves..

loppily
cheri posted a video link..up up up there...

cheri, loppily
not all kids like art?tell me about it..

wanted to let cy express himself through drawing...take out art paper, his crayons etc...
mummy:eek:kok..do you wan to draw some trains?
cy:eek:k...(stare at paper blankly...start arranging, rearranging his crayons then naming all the colours...distraction distraction...)
mummy: eh...let's draw the tracks....(draw bits of track)
cy: half hearted doodle...
mummy:^%@^$%^%$&^%&...(on my mind...shoots what goes after this???!????!!!!!)..okok, let's draw some grass...
cy: stares blankly...

should have done some gene therapy when i was preggie...can insert some artistic gene into this boy...haiz...

growing paints
dun go ah!!!! today went there to take a look. that man hor, was reclining slouched on his chair, two kids painting beside him. started off enthusiastically. but can see he wasnt very interested, fiddling with his own stuff, nodded curtly at one boy when he asked a question etc...half an hour later on my way back, the two kiddoes lost interest liaoz...

CY
eh hes still young mah.. anyway nothing wrong w not liking art right??
actually i wld be happier if cay prefers cycling to drawing.. of cos best is both lah

Lin,
Ya lor I buy myself hence every mth online shop a little bit for myself.keke.

Wow so fast the time flies and ur maid gonna leave so soon bet Cay will cry big time seeing her leaving.
So how ur gonna send Cay to sch after she leave?

cy
most of the time, i dun really tell N what to draw...anyway even when i do, she doesn't cooperate or abide by my wishes...very often, the conversation starts after she has drawn sthg...more to help her express what she's drawing or build upon it further. Less is more, i guess, in this instance. I always hv to remind myself to say less, do less haha

lin
not cycling is no big deal lah...Cay's such an active & nimble boy.

Cheri
yes yes hopefully her gd attitude stays!

garfield
yah think cay gonna miss her big time!
eh no lah my maid no need to send cay to sch...
daddy will send him in the morning and grandma will fetch him after sch

Cheri
precisely.. for such an active boy i dun understand y hes not keen to learn..
esp when we go downstairs everytime see the kids cycling so happily.. some more a few looked younger than him!

oh tat was last time before got kids... we long time nvr go le

Haha...CY,
you are so funnie...:D
What does he like? Maybe start off with something simpler?

I dun have much good things to say about Growing Paints too. I was asked to teach there but I turned down the offer as I dun like the boss. :D

CY, loppily
keke how abt put paint in plastic bags and get cy to throw them onto those giant canvas or mj paper to create those v artistic effect... u think he'll like??
biggrin.gif

Hm...actually, talking about liking art... I still have this belief that all children like art, like messing around with paints and stuffs. I remember conducting this activity for below one year old babies with my sisters' children and Crystal. They all loved it. They just messed around with Ribena on paper, creating abstract expressions.

Alot of factors determine whether they will continue to love it or not. From my own teaching experience, how the activities are conducted is very important. Must make it fun and simple and manageable. Positive reinforcement works for all children and adults.

Loppily
Growing Paints not good? The fee is not cheap actually. And they have lots of students, some in waiting list. Thought of bringing her for a trial 1st.

Lin
Can get Organic Sea Salt from NTUC XTra at JP.
Have to be extra patient towards the new maid. Yes I have been very patient towards Eve, becos many of the times she still cannot figure out how to distract her, if Sha says no (etc: does not allow her to change sch uniforms for her), then Eve just stands aside. Last time I went phoon huat, mainly to buy ingredients to make mooncakes. How about bringing Cay to join rollerblading with Sha?

Cheri
Oh ya, the swine flu is getting worse!
More and more cases. But so far, Australia is still ok.

YY
Sha actually just started to enjoy drawing!

Elmo
The ready-mix flour can also get from NTUC/Giant

Very disturbing video....
Today I was just telling Crystal that some children in other corners of the world have no food to eat, so we must not waste food. Ya...this will be a good video to reinforce my teaching today.

CG,
The fees is high for its quality. Their art camps' fees are even more incredibly high. The school uses only primary colours. The boss has alot to say about this but I feel it is to save money for him. Haha...

To me, the art experience that the school offers is pretty limited for a young mind. Not too creative....Not worth the money.
happy.gif

cg
think most of these enrichment art schs charge abt the same kinda rate. They hv done their market surveys
happy.gif
To charge a cheaper rate means lower class? unless they r those cc conducted kind then will be cheaper, i guess.

loppily
hv u heard of art boot camp in Turf City? u must go there recce one day if u hv the time & let us know if you find it good.

any art sch that you think is good for young kids so far?

cg
if the 70+ cases in Oz r confirmed then Oz will be in the list as well. Even if we dun go over for hol, J still has to travel there for work. Scary cos Oz is so near to SG, think v soon, SG will hv case too.

good to hear that sha enjoys drawing more now...what's she drawing so far? N's kinda stagnated in drawing at this stage...seems to do a lot of painting & filling in of colours...will just wanna meticulously fill in every spot. Hope this phase passes soon..so boring for me to just see her paint & paint...i was telling J jokingly, maybe she doesn't wanna be artist but just painter (paint walls kind....i'm sure she'll love that!)

Must find one that can expose your child to different mediums,creative ways to execute. There are so many interesting mediums in art making...and art is not just about dabbing the poster paints with brushes onto papers and mixing secondary colours. That is so basic. All of us can teach our children these. Why bother to pay so much to learn that?

There are many interesting ways of art making. For instance, incorporating everyday objects like plastic bags to create interesting textures and patterns on papers/canvas etc. Find a school that is not so restrictive as art has no boundary.

Cheri,
I think I passed by it the other time. The studio looked kinda cool but I am not sure about the instructor.

Hm...haven't been exploring much into commercial art schools. Will look out for you and let u know when I come across a good one.

Hahaha....you are very funnie. But Nikki will be sad if you tell her that. At least, she has the patience to paint. That is a good sign. Actually, what do you mean by painting and filling in of colours? U mean she paints on printed drawings?

garfield
aiyo hb like that loh...asked me y need so many pairs of shoes when i hv 1 pair nia.....

lin..yes my hb oso suan-ing type

dsii
Oh thanks...if you don't mind..cos now am contemplating him to taking the NUK teat since he is ok with NUK pacifier. He doesn't really keen on Avent unlike his sister. I pm u my addy.

Chix-a-la-carte
Yes it's very disturbing...I cried when I see those happy faces reaching out for the leftovers...

CG,cheri,Lin
Thanks...will check out Phoon Huat store at AMK outlet when I'm back
happy.gif
Also might check out the supermarket if I happen to go.

Lin
The car bag color o-biang? Nvm lah
happy.gif
It's more like for her to feel shiok to have such luxury gadget in the car...hee!
I used to go PH quite alot too, the one at Bencoolan...as that time I like to bake pineapple tarts & gingerbread man
happy.gif

Lin
I started K with Frisocream also. He quite like it so far. How many times is Kate taking it aday now? You started her with 1 aday?

Car Bag
I wonder is it too low for child seat?

elmo
sure..but hv to inform u that the NUK teats came in pasirs..i took out 1 to use before i changed bottle from NUK to pigeon wide neck...u dun mind the packaging hor?...i think i hv a new pacifier too...dunno u wan bo? hehehe..

dsii
For a while I thought u said the teat came from Paris...heee!
Sure it's ok cos just want to let him try. If he doesn't mind then I will go n get more. Pacifier for 6mths+? Can can. I've been buying n throwing his NUK whenever it changes color...quite siong.

cheri, loppily
eh i tried not to tell cy what to draw. he ended up looking at me, i look at him, he dabs a bit of paint...i ask him what he is painting. he told me colours...

i guess im not an art person myself. so if you wan me to encourage him, it's like eh...'nice colours! nice strokes? nice..blots???.unless of course he shows great interest then i will research more into it, but so far, he is as clueless as me.

CG
Thanks
happy.gif
hehe jus nice gg xtra in a while..

Garfield
yep crossing my fingers!

Elmo
yah boy told him dun care i'll still let cay use it!
yep started kate on frisocrem 2-3 tbspn once a day..
then 1 week later increase to 2x a day..
tats great tat K likes it
happy.gif
yah so far think most bbs like frisocrem
oh but im mixing it w HT brown rice...
she still doesnt like her vege leh.. fish ok lah mian qiang will eat..
ooh but she loves fruits esp banana, mango, papaya!

dsii
eh i oso wan leh.. u got any more made in paris pacifier for my kate??

cheri - 70 suspected cases? really?
where did u read that?

i was worried tat NZ is on the list as so near to oz... but thinking lucky oz not on the list.

loppily
not pre-printed pics..as in when she's given a piece of blank paper, she'll just use one paint colour & one brush then proceed to just paint. Nothing in specific but just making the blob bigger & bigger till it fills up the paper if i dun stop her. So now, i'll ask her if that's the background. Then what else do you wanna add to the background? is this a normal phase they go thru?

elmo
think avent teat is v hard; N hated it too. But she took to the Nuk teat v well from the beginning cos it's much softer. We oso tried Nuk after she was ok wif the Nuk pacifier. We tried many brands of pacifiers wif her. Only liked Nuk.

u r in Sibu oredi?

mt
a fren told me she read on bloomberg (so far, sydney, queensland etc) which kinda detailed where these 70 cases were. Today's papers all only reported Oz has 70 suspected cases but din say which part of Oz.

dsii
waaa made in paris pacifiers?? got all the monogrammed branded logos or not? lol

Cheri - i surf online, 6cases from Perth.. but 3 cases had been cleared. 3 more cases pending for test results.

sigh... mafan leh!
sad.gif

but guess, i wld just go... heck! :p

cheri
No, am leaving on Sat.
S doesn't mind Avent at all. she uses only Avent till now.
K doesn't like Avent pacifier also...

dsii
I think Lin only want the pacifier from Paris! Hee...

mt
any in melbourne yet? iya, but my hb is gonna travel ard to sydney, brisbane...we will still kena from him if he gets it haha...he's going to the doc later to ask abt the tamiflu capsules...but so ex! $50 per box?!

Tamiflu - he can claim right. ex also boh bian
kids can eat tamiflu tablet?

I din search for cases in other parts of Oz :p

Back