5months baby boy not drinking milk nor taking cereals.. help needed

sungrapes
at the time when your son had reflux how much was he drinking per feed and per 24hrs?

Valc, find out what your bb likes, and try mixing the meds with that and feed her? my boy likes water, when he has fever, I will mix the paracetamol mixture into his favourite water, he finished it pretty quickly. hope this helps.

Smiley & sungrapes,

How I wish my boy will be like yours, taking more milk after started
solids. In constrast, my boy is taking lesser and lesser... He's only
having 400ml in a day. 100ml x 4 times is the best he can takes.

Daily menu for my boy is like
8am - 100ml milk
11am - porridge with carrot and silky toufu
2pm - 100ml milk
5pm - 100ml milk
8pm - porridge with carrot and silky toufu
11pm - 100ml milk

Will be adding more new foods to the porridge gradually, looking into adding brocolli in next 3-4 days.

No cereal and fruits as my mum said cereal is heaty (esp when his stool
is hard) and she doesn't know how to make vege/fruits puree! Try to
give jar food and make frozen fruits/vege puree when I'm at home, but my
mum against the idea as she said those are not fresh! Argh!! I'm so
heartache to see my boy eating the samething everyday. However my mum
is again telling me the old old story that she fed me same thing when I
was a baby. So it proved that she is right. *sigh*

Sungrapes,

For porridge, my mum will boils ikan bilis soup (throw away the ikan bilis after few boils) then add long grains/rice to it and cook in the slowcooker for an hour.

The porridge is not thick but creamy so it'll be easy for my boy to eat. PD said best is to grind ikan bilis into powder then cook with porridge, but again.. My mum said it's too heaty for my boy, so she boils ikan bilis soup instead. But I'm strongly support the idea of using ikan bilis powder, thus have to convince my mum then.

According to wholesomebabyfood.com, try to give meat & fish to babies only when they are 8mos and above. U may want to give your boy fish next month??

Hard stool could be due to heaty and lack of fibre. Your boy has already taking vege & fruits, could that be not taking enough water??? My mum make barley drink for my boy, he has taken abt 100ml, the next day his poo softer. Try that.

My boy is obviously not taking enough fibre, hence will introduce fruit to him over the weekend. I'm giving him banana later. hopefully he will like it.

sungrapes,

by the way, which brand of food processor/blender are you using? my old philips food blender doesn't do a good job. looking around for a good grinder.

ladies, i am going to make a wild guess. most of the bbs for mummies over here suffered reflux before/now. this reflux is only happening when bbs are still young as their stomach mussle not strong. once they are older and stronger, reflux gone but there will come the behavioral problem.??? that's the side effect of reflux huh??

edde, hope your weaning process goes smooth, be positive k?
happy.gif

valc, u too. be optimistic.
happy.gif

sonic
i find the braun hand held blender v good at pureeing food. it really makes the food very smooth till like cream. but u dun want to puree food for too long. introduce them to textures at the right time so they dun resist textures in future. now my son refuses to eat anything with textures except biscuits and crackers of course. he wun eat fish meat veg that is minced. so it's v frustrating. i wish i had that advice when my son was younger. now he's stuck with an eating problem.

hi valc, my baby is coming 5 months old in 3days time
happy.gif
yes i feed twice in the nite but only express once in the nite. i do not wake him up to feed. Normally i will wait for him to stir, toss and turn...than i will give him milk...he normally will stir about 4-5hrly in the nite time. He sleeps early, usually by 8-9pm, than at 1-2 he sure stir, than another time between 5-6am. Yes, this means, i gotta sleep light and be on standby mode throughout the nite
happy.gif
It is tiring esp when I need to work in the daytime and my work involves research and alot of readings on boring stuff...thus, a couple of times, i find myself falling asleep on the readings! but like all mums here, so long baby drink milk, i am willing to do anything.. so long he drinks milk, its all worth the effort and the tiredness ;)

my baby was born really small at 2.4kgs. thus, his weights has always been of high concern to me. so recently when i experience difficulties in getting him to drink milk, i am filled with anxiety. He is already born so small...and if he dun drink milk...how to grow up and catch up? sigh!

compared to edde, who feeds every 2hrly...i think i am not that great...hahhahaha
happy.gif
i really take my hats off edde. feeding 2hrly is a serious drain and imagine the struggle every 2hrly...no joke! everytime before feed, i already start to worry, dunno whether he will want milk..my baby drink about 6-7times 24hr...so i worry 6-7times...but edde gotta worry 12times! i think she's a really great mum
happy.gif

Valc,
he take abt 4-5oz every 4hrs..with great difficulty. Smtimes he take 2oz or 3oz per feed. But i always try to feed every 4hrs.

thks for the warning abt gvg textured foods..

Hw's ashley?

Sonic,
My boy still taking oats and rice cereal. urs take porridge, maybe itz mre filling tatz y reduce milk? itz 1 of the reasons y i dun dare gv porridge yet. if he reduce milk feed then i headache again!!!

Aiyah! old ppl is like tat, very resistant to new thgs. My nanny oso balk at the idea of frozen cubes of food. But i where got energy to make fresh food daily..then i will have no life lor! my mum is mre intrigue by this angmoh style.wen im pureeing food she will ask to c how i do it..wen my boy stayed with her recently, i brought over all the frozen cubes and she will feed him accordingly.(y dun u let ur mum read abit of the weaning bks?then she will realise itz not so strange idea)

Looking at ur boy's diet, he really need to hav mre fruits and vege. y dun u try pears? suppose to prevent constipation according to the same website. banana will cause constipation.

Have u tried cauliflower and zuchini(i mix 2gether)? my boy likes it.But then u r working hor..so very hard for u to oversee his weaning personally. At least ur mum makes the effort to cook porridge for him. the ikan bilis u use is it the dried type? is it salty? ask who to grind?

i told my hb i wan gv my boy eat angmoh style..no porridge. juz meat,vege,carbo(potatoes). y muz b porridge? juz b'cos we chinese? cant b pasta, risotto,couscous etc?

yes, wen he turn 7mo will gv him fish. Pd ask me gv meat at 6mo..i was like HAR? better wait abit later.any idea y cant gv chix? (my PD say pork and fish oni). According to nanny, his poo is ok.Juz VERY stinko! Will try the barley drink..muz write my shopping list liao..

My blender is no brand i bought frm cash converter aeons ago. was suppose to use make food for my dogs. I oso think it doesnt blend well,esp fibrous vegs like asparagus,long beans.But basic food most of them is ok. Aw, tricky to blend food, i gv jar type(peas,sweetcorn). I oni make my own spinach and brocoli once a wk cos spinach got fibre thgy, muz sieve. think frm like 8mths onwards suppose to gv less pureed food rite?

i rem my Pd told me b4 wen i ask her wat if after med, he still dun drink milk.she say then most likely is behaviour problem..i mean, if even BM they dun wan drink then really wat else?? there was this mummy with newborn at the clinic, the pd said tat bb oso dun wan drink BM.then how like tat?!?

sungrapes
thanks for asking. ashley seems to be slightly better at drinking. today she sort of made some suck swallow rhythm which i'm qt happy with. i never saw that happen with her b4 except those 12am and 6am feeds.

have you tried banana and avacados? very healthy. avacados on it's own is yucks so must combine. bananas my son used to love. but he hates avacados.

sungrapes
when your hb goes japan can get him to buy pigeon biscuits alot cheaper there. sg very ex. my son loves the fish ball crackers. got dha and calcium too. pigeon also has prepared instant porridge(jus put in hot water) you can buy from isetan supermkt and taka. i thought they are so cute. but my son hates it i think cos the taste is qt strong. i can't wait for ashley to start solids. i hope she will enjoy solids.

Valc,
Din noe bb oso got instant porridge! trust the japanese to make life easier! the pigeon biscuits can get frm any supermarket in japan?
the thg is my hb's not very into bb thgs. muz threaten him b4 he willing to buy for bb. he will buy treats for our dogs, but nothg for his son! infact,itz my other crew frendz always buying stuff for my boy. Irritating rite? to hav tis type of hb.

my son ok with avocados leh, even on itz own. he basically eats anythg i gv him.

im sure ashley will enjoy solids. itz much mre interesting then milk whole day. Can gv them so many yummy foods!!

valc, anthea took trimethoprim and it affected her appetite. she took augmentine before also.. tog with zantac and motilium and her appetite wasnt gd too (300-400ml)...

was down with food poisioning yesterday.. slept from 5+pm till 11+am, nvr had this kinda luxury for so long... but in btn gotta run to the washroom so many times... hubby took over the feeding job totally since yesterday.. but tmr when hubby is off to work (he has been on leave for a mth), i gotta take over liao... here comes my every 2-hr torture...

on fri, i think anthea was on a growth spur, every feed can drink 50ml without much fuss, then yesterday back to her erratic self again... now even worse, she stops at 20ml.. the rest of it is the result of our milk struggle with her. sigh....

thx sonic, i am very hopefully with the semi solid i am gonnna start on thur... hopefully it wont fail me...

mummies, is it true that we can only start semi solid only when baby's wt is twice of birth wt ?? and only when neck is very stiff and she shows signs of interest in food ?? anthea hasnt achieved all these...

valc, glad to know that ashley is picking up on her milk intake..jia you jia you !!

clarrisa, i am not a great mum, i am a desperate mum !! hahaha... wah to do..... i am really at my loss ends... i even told myself / god that if one day anthea wakes up with no prob on drinking, i will be a vegetarian for 1 yr !! hm... its diff for me coz i am a carnivore and i dun eat veg lor.. haha.. see, this is how desperate i am..

my cousin whose bb is older than ashley by 2 weeks and takes 200mls in 10mins every feed 4 times a day is coming back to singapore visit. she's lives in perth. if only we cld switch babies. imagine, jus spending 40 mins in a 24hr day on feeding only, and the rest of your time is up to you whether you want to play with her or do your own things. such luxury!! dammit! how come i dun have such luck!!

edde
baby's neck has to be stable enough to start solids cos if not there's risk of choking.

ashley often chokes on her meds cos i give it to her lying down. jus now she was in a state of shock and panic and screamed away when she choked. i hate giving her medicine.

wah so shiok!! you get your long deserved rest after so long. i remember during my son's time i had breast infection and had high fever and was passed out on the bed for a long long time. my mum and hb took over feeding and it was so shiok to sleep without the guilt!!

edde
can i ask if anthea has a weak suck or not? i think ashley's suck is qt uncoordinated altho the night feeds sometimes she can suck well and strong. i'm going to get speech therapy for ashley. i hope she will improve from it.

valc, i like it when u said "sleep without guilt" !! haha.. coz dats exactly how i felt !!!

hm... weak suck or not eh.. according to the nurses who fed her when i warded her last time, no leh... nurses said she sucked well... its more of whether she WANTS to suck.... if she doesnt want, theres no way to force her and dats it liao... i will ask abt speech therapy and feeding therapy when visiting the gastro spec on thur too...

now that she has added carbo in her diet, think her wt is slowly gaining... i weighed her at home, she is now 4.9/5kg, from 4.7kg last fri.... at least she is taking it well.. phew...

Valc,
westernised bbs better at eating..tatz y all the angmoh books on weaning is not pratical in our context.

edde,
frm all ur posts, seems like ur hb is really supportive and understanding..oso very hands on with anthea. If i ask my hb to feed my boy, think my bb will starve..envy u leh!

so anthea cant support her neck yet? Did u ask PD whether can start weaning like tat? i hv strong feeling tat after solids,her wt will improve, cos bb rice is all carbo.

Hope u r feeling better..maybe i shd 'keng' sick, then can oso zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

edde, sorry to ask this question again. how old is anthea? i roughly gathered that she's about 4mths old? 4mths old at 5kgs i tot is still ok for a baby gal? that time i see a baby gal during my last visit to PD. She weighs 6.2 at 5mths..so i tot 5kgs at 4mths is ok? or is it not ok?

sungrapes
my cousin's bb is totally asian. not angmoh at all. her husband is half chinese half malay.

Thanks Valc for your advice, yeah I heard from some friends that we should let our bbs try out different food with different textures, but must do it gradually and on the correct timing.

Perhaps your boy likes to crew? Since he's eating biscuits, why not cut the meat into a small cube size and let him try to crew himself?

Oh yeah, will go down to Robinson to check the Braun blender out after work.

Valc & Edde, happy to hear that ashley is drinking well, and anthea is gaining weight. Good start and will continues as it's....
happy.gif

Sungrapes,

My boy has tried banana and broccoli over the weekend.. His stool is obviously softer now. He poos once or twice everyday since then. At least back to normal liao. Banana will cause constipation meh? Whenever I don't visit the loo for serious business for some days, I will quickly take banana, then it helps a lot!

How do you make your own spinach and broccoli? My mum put broccolli into the porridge, cook till it's soft mashed, no blending needed.. Hehe.... I wanna try. Wow, you have already given your boy asparagus & long beans????? Your boy has gone quite a good distance on his solids milestones yah.

Yah, I also told my mum same thing. Why must be porridge? Sometimes can give oats, cereals.. there are many type of cereals in the market, sometimes can give potatos too. I heard from my sis that her friend even give her 6mos gal "hor fun"...

Aiyah, I would be very happy to share with my mum on the weaning books.. Too bad my mum don't understand ABC... She only trust her friends (those using the same old methods raising their grandchild).. No choice, got to keep on convincing her lor.

Eh, cauliflower and zuchini huh?? Where to get zuchini? Paiseh, I hardly go marketing, so blur.

And on the pear, which type of pear do you give your boy? I likes the green skinned pear but too hard to puree, the yellow Chinese pear too sweet for him to try.

For ikan bilis, many people too lazy to make themselves will buy offshelves. Again, I don't know where to get, guess NTUC got. But then some critics said that off the shelves ikan bilis powders would have been added with preservatives chemicals, so it would be good to make ourselves.

To make ikan bilis powder, not very easy (at least to me). Wash the ikan bilis first, then can either sun-dried or pan fry or toast it till crispy, then grind it using a good grinder. Can mass grind few kg, then store in the freeze. Each time, just put a bit to with porridge will do. I tried doing some over the weekend, despite my mum strongly disagreed with what I did. But then my old blender can't blend well, gave up in the end.

sonic
there are a few models to braun handheld blender. you'll only need the most basic one if you jus using for bb food. 400W. you dun need the chopper and the one with the bowl. jus the blender and the cylinder container will do. it's qt cheap.

i think mix avacados with bananas is good. i'll try that when it's time for ashley to start solids also.

my son always hated vegetables. i cld never get him to eat them. always screwed up his face. he doens't mind carrots and pumpkins but can't always give him that cos i heard can make skin yellow if eat too much. too much of some vitamin or something.

zuchini is angmoh cucumber. banana makes my son's stools soft leh not constipate.

mummies, i read this on zaobao today... i can relate to it very well.. tot of sharing of all of u...

874451.jpg

sungrapes, yeah my hubby is very hands on... in fact he is a better care giver than i am coz he is more patient and he loves anthea lots !!! over the past one month he was on leave, he was actually jeopardizing his career... dats shows how impt anthea is to him
happy.gif

clarissa, 5kg for 4 mth is still within the 10% percentile, but its the wt gain thats an issue. coz anthea is born at 3.8kg, so the wt gain is merely 1.2kg since birth... dats not optimistic.

edde
i cant understand the articles. my chinese is at most basic only.

ashley is in the 50percentile but she seems is falling off the curve cos of not enough weight gain. i'm so tired of feeding her. my cousin was just here with her baby. and i witnessed it. the wonder of how he only takes 10minutes to finish 200mls. i actually timed it with my stopwatch. he jus kept sucking throughout the 10mins. wow!! amazing!! imagine how much more time i would have if ashley fed like that. i would be able to do much more with my 2yr old son. i miss him!!

Valc,
i oso no underst chinese..wat the article say?

Sonic,
my blender cannot make it..mayb 2mr will go best denki c wat they have..got those after blending dun need to sieve 1 anot? i super lazy. tat time sieve the asparagus and long beans till i nearly vomit blood..

BANANA
Dun noe leh! i read frm the gina ford bk,she say will cause constipation and digestive problems. Aw, i got gv my boy once a while. evthg in moderation is ok lor..

SPINACH & Brocoli
Last time i make and freeze them separately,now i mix them 2gether and freeze..both green veg meh, make no diff rite?(excuse for laziness??)
I will steam them till soft and mash with masher then sieve them,or blender them then sieve. then freeze in cubes. each day i gv my boy 1 or 2. im running out of out veg. dun noe wat to make for him liao..any ideas? any1??

Zuchini i get frm Giants..i went to the 1 at tampines,beside Ikea. their vege really fresh and wide variety.Pears shd b the green type.but i find them hard,so i use the yellowish brown type, those u use to brew soup type. i always steam the fruits like apples,pear,peach. makes it softer for me to seive.

the ikan bilis sounds so difficult to make leh! use wat to grind? mayb can beg my mum make for me!

evtime i intro new food to my boy, i will mix with rice cereal and pumpkin..wen i gv him spinach/brocoli 1st time, i tot he will reject cos the spinach very bitter..but i mix with pumpkin (his fave) and he finish all to my suprise.(cos im a fussy eater). Avocado i oso mix with rice but he's ok with it alone. Guess he's like his dad, evthg oso eat!

2day i gv him tofu..i juz microwave with the vege 1min..can rite? the tofu by itself is alrdy edible w/o cooking is it? i juz pureed dried apricots for him, tok me half aday..hope he will eat it.

Feel like making angmoh soup stock with leeks,celery those type. any1 tried?

Eh!!sori, i meant edde wen i said me dun underst chinese..

edde,
i rem u said ur hb very bz with work and anthea's feeding kinda distracted him..guess itz fatherly love huh..touching..kudos to him. both of u r great parents!! not many man will make this kind of scarifice.

Valc,
last time my bb reflux oso dun drink, exactly like anthea and ashley..now he's ok liao. dun be dishearten..ok?

dear all, i am gg to start baby on solids next weekend or so since he will be coming 5 1/2 months by then. A few questions :

1) Can i start him off with brown rice cereal? Or I should start with plain rice cereal?
2) If I start with brown rice cereal, should i get from supermart kind or get from Eu Yan San whereby they actually add si sen or smth into it?
2) How much should I give for a start? Just 1 meal? in the afternoon?

Hello mummies,

My boy is 7.5months now, he reject milk since last month but still ok cos when gave him toys to hold or talk to him, he still can finish his milk of 180ml-200ml. However, his intake of milk is inconsistent, i mean some feeding time at my mum's place is 100ml-120ml. I am ok with that since he is on porriage or cereal. I thot this pharse will pass soon since he is teething. Nightmare came last few days, he totally reject milk, cereal n porriage, only take plain water. Haiz...i feel so sian, don know what to do with him. I tried to feed him when he sleep but he will push away the bottle too. He doesnt like EYS brown rice as well. Any advise?

am thinking of warding anthea tmr aft the visit to the gastro.... now her intake is dropping to 30-35ml/feed... till now 5 feeds liao total only 150ml.. every feed which lasts half hr is a torture coz she will struggle and cry... cant take it liao... i wanna noe the cause of the prob.

edde,
sorry to hear tat..itz quite worrisome her intake drop till so low..which hospital will she be in?

hope the gastro will hav some answers. Pls take care..hang in there!

clarissa,
advisable to start with plain rice cereal 1st..brown rice abit hard to digest as 1st food. u can add FM to further increase the nutritional value.

Brown rice i will get organic type frm supermarket..healthy times and earth's best r 2 brands tatz organic.

u gv in the afternoon after his usual milk feed..start with 1 teaspoon 1st for 3days or so, then slowly increase amt by 1/2tsp each time. Juz 1 meal will do for now.

Good luck!!
happy.gif
let us noe how he takes to it.

Cherly,
how much milk is he taking per day? hav u seen PD to rule out other causes?? it cld be juz teething? can u gv him some rusks/teething biscuits, at least he will eat some of it and relieve his sore gums as well.

edde,
keep us updated abt anthea.

edde
take care. take brands essence of chix to boost energy. i know how draining it can be. jus saw our gastro earlier today. ashley's off zantac cos doc said not good to keep removing acid from stomache cos it's nature's way of protecting the stomache from bacteria and for digestion.

we are going for speech therapy tomorrow. wish me luck. our gastro also suggested we do that. he mentioned that we might want to see a neurologist to rule out any muscular diseases. tube feeding if it gets too bad - to be done after bottle feeding. and a ph probe test to confirm if it's really reflux.

valc, u going to NUH tmr ?? me too... appt is at 3+pm... wat time is yrs?? if can maybe we can meet up for a while.

edde
speech therapy is at kaleidoscope somewhere at novena. not nuh. nuh has a rehab dept that does speech therapy also but our gastro said it's up to us which one we want to use. we got referral to go to the nuh one as well.

sungrapes, will be at NUH... will see wat the gastro says tmr, whether to ward or start rice cereal tmr and see how... thx dear
happy.gif

valc, oh... tot can meet u..
happy.gif
all the best for tmr.. let me know if it works k!

edde, hang on there.... hoping for the best for anthea.. hear what the gastro says but personally still think try not to use tube feed...try cereal 1st to see if she likes before making the decision to tube feed?

sungrapes, thanks for the pointers. If i buy the oragnic brown rice, meaning i gotta dry and grind myself?? or it comes in grinded form? Yes, I will start off with plain rice cereal and slowly proceed to brown rice after a week or so...yes, hopefully he likes cereal.

Valc, your cousin is so lucky. My boy has already started solids for some time, yet he's still taking one hour to finish his milk and not everytime he'll finish his 150ml-180ml. But at least he's better than last time.

You are not taking care of your son yourself? My colleague who has the same problem sent her son to childcare, and amazingly he's more willing to drink and eat than at home, guess it's becos other kids are drinking and eating, so he has to follow too.

Sungrapes,

Banana -- surprise it can cause constipation, I use it to cure constipation, and it works for me and my boy! Ha!!

I won't have time to shop for blender until weekend. If you have found any good blender, do let me know yah. My friend told me that if the blender is powerful enough, can grind ikan bilis too. Wow, u are great. Take half a day to puree dried apricots for your son. I will never do that man. So u are not lazy lah.

U sieve everything ya. I was talking to my mum this morning, not to sieve the spinach as vege gives very good fibre, it will be gone if we sieve it out? So we put it into the porridge to boil it till mashed. In fact, every time we introduce new food to my boy, we will cook with porridge. It's very good that your boy is not picky, I wish my boy will be like my hubby too, eat everything..
happy.gif

Yeah, tohu can be eaten without cooking. But for baby, it's better to cook a bit lor. For me, I mix it with porridge. Again porridge! :p

Make soup arh.. Hmn I don't think I will make soup for my boy first, cos I prefer him to leave some space for his milk instead.

Sungrapes, your boy totally don't fuss at all when drinking milk now? Mine still fuss abit, but better than last time. Yesterday my mum told me that he finished his morning milk 180ml in one shot, takes 20mins (using no. 3 teat) vs usual 45min to an hour with much coaxing. Then comes the afternoon milk, he didn't want to drink at all... Then my mum notices that his small little incisor has emerged from his lower teeth gum. So cute.. My mum said drinking milk and eating during teething period is worse, so pray hard it's smooth transition.

Hi Cherly,

Your boy likes plain water but not others? Maybe water soothes his gum well? If so, give him more water or best gripe water? See whether this helps?

My boy has just started teething, hopefully will pass this phase smoothly too.

hey guys, thx for all the support
happy.gif

visited the gastro spec today... so sad, she is still not hitting 5kg yet... now still 4.88kg at 4 mths exactly. sigh... but her wt has increased 180g in 13 days which is a breakthrough coz it used to be 200g in 1 mth >.<'''

well, the dietician and spec suggested we increase her carbo intake by adding more caloric powder which is added to her FM, hopefully her wt gain will be faster. the spec is expecting at least another 300g increase by 31 july review.

i will also space out her feeding freq to every 2.5 hr and later stage to 3hr... think she is having phobia of drinking coz the moment i put her lying in my arms she started crying, without the teat touching the lips yet even! but of coz, i feed her every 2 hr and each time for half hr, so she practically has to go thru the torture of drinking every 1.5 hr !! i will also crazy lah !!

i tried to feed her rice cereal just now by adding 1 teaspoon to 30ml of milk. but she refused to drink. i think coz she is very sleepy and the teat hole cld be too small (i am using Dr Brown Stage 2 teats). will try again later.

mummies, is 1 teaspoon to 30ml of milk ok ?? it seems to be just thicker milk dats all.. and rice cereal will not melt completely in the milk rite ??

gonna try with a large nuk teat later. wish me luck.

valc, hope the exercise will help in ashley's prob
happy.gif
all the best !! and keep us updated of the gd news!

Sonic,
My boy oso teething liao..left side front tooth (is it call incisor?) Juz when he's drinking and eating alrite..REALLY hope it wun affect his appetite..
sad.gif
dun wanna go thru wat i went thru all over again.

Ur son dun wan drink milk is it cos of teething? Anythg to look out for?

BLENDER
BEST DENKI sold out at taka and parkway branch..even the display set sm1 tok wen i was there. Got so many types i oso blur liao! I was looking at the cheapest braun set abt $39+. Then i was standing there, wandering if i shd get blender with the grinder type..dun noe if i will attempt to do the ikan bilis thg..but juz in case..aw, i nv buy cos hb grumble y i take so long..shd hav juz bought the most exp set!! wanna save $$ for him oso hard.

i still sieve leh! cos last time gv him mash papaya and he vomit evthg out..but i juz made a batch of unsieve food, plan to gv him after the last batch finish..the dried apricot got sm bits and pieces in it and he was alrite with it 2day..so funny to c him make chewing actions..bo kay oso can chew!!
happy.gif
i scared the he will gag on the fibre thgy with spinach..will they b able to chew tat? and zuchini oso, my blender cant zap the skin properly,so gotta sieve tat and throw the skin away..wat a waste!

I think Smiley is rite abt the 'gian ni' part..my boy drinks well, within 5mins can finish 6-7oz..he suck till cannot catch his breath..dan nw got teething,dun noe wether 2b happy or not! or it cld b growth spurt??

I tot can make the soup as stock for porridge.

I was reading tis book abt nutrition, they mentioned stuff like wheatgerm, brewer's yeast.any views on tat? i used to feed my dogs wheatgerm, they hated it!

edde
issit upon the gastro's advice that you are spacing out her feeds? is this on trial or is that ordered by the doc for long term? i think is more practical also. cos it will take a heavy toll on your health and sanity. as it is i'm going slightly crazy with feeding ashley.

we were given MCT oil as a supplement for ashley's to add in her milk. actually i'm not sure wat's the difference between the 2 supplements carbohydrates and the MCT oil. i had so many qns shooting at him i forgot to ask abt this one. i understand that the carbohydrate supplement is actually rice cereal? correct me if i'm wrong. i dunno if i shld add rice cereal in her milk cos i scared she chokes and it goes into her wind pipe altho we were assured it's safe. she sometimes chokes on milk.

our speech therapy today - she observed that ashley has weak suck and very disorganised in a way that she's not calm. and not coordinated in sucking & swallowing. see, i have alot more problems to deal with other than jus aversion to the bottle. we were told to feed her in dim lighting, calming music and in a rocking motion. she suggested that we use/buy a rocking chair cos it's calming(my husband being the cheapolo tht he is later said to me that if not for seeing her today we would have been able to afford a rocking chair). and there are some exercises that we shld do on her every day few times a day. so far the dim lighting and calm music and the rocking(in arms) did not work. she was still screaming her head off
sad.gif

after the speech therapy session, i'm kind of worried cos she told me that sucking is important developmentally. for eating and other things in future. and ashley doesn't seem to be sucking well or have a desire to suck at all. she jus keeps using her tongue to push watever we stick into her mouth. normal babies love to suck and will suck watever - finger bottle nipple hands toys pacifier. i'm really afraid that when the time comes for starting solids that she will have problems eating. it sounds so ridiculous that i'm having problems with the most basic thing that is supposed to come naturally.

edde,
wen u mentioned start solid for anthea, do u mean spoon feeding? or juz put cereal with milk in her bottle?

Teat2 2 small..u shd use Y-cut aka cereal cut. I hav new 1, set of 3. u wan? can gv u..by post? Mine is wide neck.

Think anthea will eat if u spoon feed her? her wt gain gd leh! well done!

Clarissa
The brown rice is instant type..juz add water/FM/BM. They r fortified with iron..VS if u grind urself.

But brown rice too much fibre, not reccomended to gv evday..

Keep us updated on Ricco's progress..hav fun weaning!

<font color="0000ff">Edde n Valc,
Valc,All the best for ashley's therapy!

Edde,Yes! Keep ur spirits up! </font>

Back