2WW - for those TTC-ing

Hi ladies, I am back again... Did FET 1.5 weeks ago and waiting for BT this Thursday. As the day draws closer, I am getting more anxious.

Anyone can tell me if it will affect the chance of getting pregnant if I just go about my life as normal? What if I get very upset and cry a lot? Will that affect the growth of the embryos?

@anesthesia it's correct that having blood clots is not really good. Both my gynae and tcm have confirmed the same thing. For tcm, they believe it's due to poor blood circulation. For gynae, he said it could be due to fibroids, polyps or even endo so please go do checkup on this.

Thanks MXLO, will try BTT! another question, is having blood clot during my period, the size is bigger than 50 cent is consider normal? most of the my menses will have that kinda size of blood clot. and do you think I should see a gynae since i had history of abortion twice and STI. been trying for 3 mths, just worried if all that will affect me TTC. I feel so embarrassed don't know who to talk to regarding this because of my bad history, so i decided to join this forum. :(

@anesthesia it's correct that having blood clots is not really good. Both my gynae and tcm have confirmed the same thing. For tcm, they believe it's due to poor blood circulation. For gynae, he said it could be due to fibroids, polyps or even endo so please go do checkup on this.
uh oh really???? i have clots leh... for a long time ler... and i always "favored" it coz it feels like the AF will clear faster >.<

my gynae knows leh but never say anything about it... >.<

Hi ladies, I am back again... Did FET 1.5 weeks ago and waiting for BT this Thursday. As the day draws closer, I am getting more anxious.

Anyone can tell me if it will affect the chance of getting pregnant if I just go about my life as normal? What if I get very upset and cry a lot? Will that affect the growth of the embryos?
It would mean your baby will come out having a sulky face. Hee just kidding.

Don't think so much of all these what ifs. Not sure what you're going through now that might make you cry... try to talk to your embies and do some simple relaxing yoga. That should help. Good luck this Thur.

Okay to go about as per normal. Can reduce the focus thus reducing the stress.
I went back to work 3 days aft ET. But of course go slow, and try not to walk so much.

Good luck for thurs' BT! :)

Redvel & Faith-bb,

Thanks. I wish myself good luck too... Hope to have good news on Thursday. Everyday passed is a challenge conquered! I hope it's just the hormones making me a little emo. But this is also bad timing as I am managing a project at work so maybe added stress too...

Is everyone here also in 2WW?

You're not on HL koirc?

I am but still working from home. Already told my boss I will only manage those that I can. If I need help i will ask teammate to help me. Don't wish to stress over work at this point.

Yes me on 2ww too. Did ET 3 days ago.

Good morning ladies, I am into my 5th mth of ttc. 3rd round of using opk..started to feel the stress as i have more mtb around me and wonder when is my turn...

You're not on HL koirc?

I am but still working from home. Already told my boss I will only manage those that I can. If I need help i will ask teammate to help me. Don't wish to stress over work at this point.

Yes me on 2ww too. Did ET 3 days ago.
I didn't tell anyone at work that I am on fertility treat and don't wish to tell them cos there are a lot of gossipy aunties here. So I decided to work around my work schedule for the treatment and thankfully, I had my ET done on a Friday where I can at least rest over the weekend. I am getting very anxious about my BT on Thursday. 2 more days!!! I go toilet to check every now and then, fearing to see red! I need to stop worrying...

I didn't tell anyone at work that I am on fertility treat and don't wish to tell them cos there are a lot of gossipy aunties here. So I decided to work around my work schedule for the treatment and thankfully, I had my ET done on a Friday where I can at least rest over the weekend. I am getting very anxious about my BT on Thursday. 2 more days!!! I go toilet to check every now and then, fearing to see red! I need to stop worrying...
2 more days. Good luck.

May i know what is sonohysterography? Is this a compulsory test ordered by the doctor?
Not compulsory. Just good to do. Especially if you have unexplained spotting, long period, etc.
The ultrasound can pick up problems like polpys, fibroid, abnormalities in the womb.

May i know what is sonohysterography? Is this a compulsory test ordered by the doctor?

I don't know whether is it compulsory or not.. but doc ordered for me to do, so I did.
It's ultrascan of the uterus, like what redvel said, is to see if any abnormalities in the womb.

Try google or youtube search for sonohysterography, you can find a lot of info on it.

don't you need 14 days bedrest or something after the treatment? i always wondered how not to get pple to ask and gossip if you take extended sick leave too..

don't you need 14 days bedrest or something after the treatment? i always wondered how not to get pple to ask and gossip if you take extended sick leave too..
My first fresh, I didn't tell anyone @ work. That is stressing and taxing

Even go back to work aft ET.

My 2nd cycle, I told my superior and my boss and some co-workers.
Took MC instead of the HL to rest few days after ET.

Less stress, more support too.

Hi all...i am joining the TTC journey. Trying my # 2 for 4-5 months but no news yet.

My #1 took me 1.5 years. Hopefully this round will be shorter.

Hi all, my hub and I are both in our early thirties and have been TTC for the past 2.5 yrs with no success. We had went on 3 rounds of clomid and it didn't work so my Gynae suggested that we should try other treatments. After researching on the available options, my hub and I decide that we want to give IVF a try so we got a referral to KK, hopeful that we will get subsidies for our treatment.

Today we went to KK clinic D for consultation. After explaining to the doc on our TTC journey so far, showing him all our past test results and telling him that we want to try IVF, he said that he will refer us to the IVF clinic. He also mentioned that IVF clinic will need to assess us first before agreeing to take us on. The assessment will usually take 1-2 weeks and we should hear from IVF clinic for our next appointment once they are done.

Like to check if this is the common practice for KKIVF. Has anyone has been rejected by the assessment before? I hope I don't need to wait very long to hear from them. :(

Hi all...i am joining the TTC journey. Trying my # 2 for 4-5 months but no news yet.

My #1 took me 1.5 years. Hopefully this round will be shorter.
how old is ur #1? i heard that just after giving birth for some time, you're more fertile.... :)
Hi all, my hub and I are both in our early thirties and have been TTC for the past 2.5 yrs with no success. We had went on 3 rounds of clomid and it didn't work so my Gynae suggested that we should try other treatments. After researching on the available options, my hub and I decide that we want to give IVF a try so we got a referral to KK, hopeful that we will get subsidies for our treatment.

Today we went to KK clinic D for consultation. After explaining to the doc on our TTC journey so far, showing him all our past test results and telling him that we want to try IVF, he said that he will refer us to the IVF clinic. He also mentioned that IVF clinic will need to assess us first before agreeing to take us on. The assessment will usually take 1-2 weeks and we should hear from IVF clinic for our next appointment once they are done.

Like to check if this is the common practice for KKIVF. Has anyone has been rejected by the assessment before? I hope I don't need to wait very long to hear from them. :(
maybe they just want to do the right checks to understand your conditions (e.g. eggs, tubes, lining, hormones, sperm)... then can make better decision on how to use ivf...

#1 is going 15 months. Not too sure on the fertile but once we start to try, my menses go haywire again.

Ah_o..if i am not wrong, you need to go for assessment and couselling before IVF treatment.

Want to share something. Don't know if it is coincidence but i conceive my #1 same month i do it and my brother also the following year (his 2nd trial at IVF)
On Lantern festival that day, get your mum (female side) to buy a lantern and hang at your house.

#1 is going 15 months. Not too sure on the fertile but once we start to try, my menses go haywire again.

Ah_o..if i am not wrong, you need to go for assessment and couselling before IVF treatment.

Want to share something. Don't know if it is coincidence but i conceive my #1 same month i do it and my brother also the following year (his 2nd trial at IVF)
On Lantern festival that day, get your mum (female side) to buy a lantern and hang at your house.
whoaa... lantern festival coming..

Good morning ladies, I am into my 5th mth of ttc. 3rd round of using opk..started to feel the stress as i have more mtb around me and wonder when is my turn...
hey there, i know it's easy for me to say "relax and not be too stressed" but... don't get too worried ya. share sth that my hb told me a few mths ago when i was feeling crappy... he told me that sometimes miracles do take time to happen too :)

.... Aunt Flo came spot on!!! Not much flow today though. Starting to wonder if I have sufficient blood to sustain.

Guess though BD on CD 9, 11, & 12 when OPK was positive also no use....

Ohhhhh... Paper lantern, can?
Must buy on that day or can buy earlier then hang on that day? Can we ownself hang or must the mother hang?
Hahaha.. sorri ah, like so gan cheong. Don't mind trying since it is coming... lol.

.... Aunt Flo came spot on!!! Not much flow today though. Starting to wonder if I have sufficient blood to sustain.

Guess though BD on CD 9, 11, & 12 when OPK was positive also no use....

Hi Yoshi,

I went for a scan at the gynae a couple of days prior to expecting my ovulation. At least that helped me to see if I really have the egg or not. Not sure if you wan to try that too. Just a suggestion.
Don't give up!!

We are very similar. My #1 is going 14 mths next wk. I try half a yr liao no luck very sian. Fertile after birth is bluff one.

Ohhhhh... Paper lantern, can?
Must buy on that day or can buy earlier then hang on that day? Can we ownself hang or must the mother hang?
Hahaha.. sorri ah, like so gan cheong. Don't mind trying since it is coming... lol.

Piggling, my mum bought those paper lantern w/ candle type. i think doesn't matter buy when but need to hang on that day.
My mother hang for me at the living room. Need to be the wife's mother hoh

This is the version i do. i also hear from someone......i try to google but i cannot find this online.

csy1, tks for sharing!! I heard about this too but my mum just buy & pass me the paper lantern. Until today I still havent light it & hang.... lol.

csy1 & chloe_ng, jia you for your #2!! Otherwise go to a tcm to tio your body so that you can conceive soon again. My #1 is already 4yo le & I am still tryinng for #2!!!

4 days to my AF.. but now feel bery suan at my tummy.. dont knw is AF coming soon or wat.. hate waiting.. hope this round success :(

Piggling, my mum bought those paper lantern w/ candle type. i think doesn't matter buy when but need to hang on that day.
My mother hang for me at the living room. Need to be the wife's mother hoh

This is the version i do. i also hear from someone......i try to google but i cannot find this online.

Ohhh... But this year mooncake festival is on a Monday, my mum confirm too busy to come my house and hang for me. :(

I find it hard to search for such tips to get pregnant fast, on internet. I wish they circulate more. No harm trying.
If anyone know any other methods, please share! :)

Hi ladies
regarding e hanging of lantern, how does it work? Ask mum to buy and hang the lantern at my plc and tat night must bd? What if I'm staying with my mum? Can just hang any where in e house?

I hang in the living room window.
That year was a weekend, so i just invited my family members over for steamboat. Than my mum light and hang for me.

U know these kind of chinese myth hoh....along the way sure distorted 1 coz is always hearsay from someone 1.

I feel is more like a blessing from your mom to you. Mooncake festival, families get together. Naturally, you will feel relax and happy.
Take your mind off TTC for a while. If meet with your ovulation period and BD, than probably higher chance of getting BFP.

Another tip i heard is to eat egg (i think with mee sua) on the bed of someone just give birth during confinement month....can't remember is which day liao.
I think Mark Lee also got his #1 through this method.

Last edited:
I hang in the living room window.
That year was a weekend, so i just invited my family members over for steamboat. Than my mum light and hang for me.

U know these kind of chinese myth hoh....along the way sure distorted 1 coz is always hearsay from someone 1.

I feel is more like a blessing from your mom to you. Mooncake festival, families get together. Naturally, you will feel relax and happy.
Take your mind off TTC for a while. If meet with your ovulation period and BD, than probably higher chance of getting BFP.

Another tip i heard is to eat egg (i think with mee sua) on the couple bed during confinement month....can't remember is which day liao.
I think Mark Lee also got his #1 through this method.
hi csy1, what do u mean by confinement mth??? i m confused.. i tot only aft birth will have to do confinement?

Went to do blood test this morning and hospital just called. Negative, no baby. Boohoo... :'(

I had quite high hopes this time cos embryologist said both embbies are very good quality. And yesterday was supposed to be day 1 of menses but still no menses. So I thought it was a good sign. Alas...

I am going to try again. Can someone advise me how to tune up my body please?

This is weird n tough unless is ur own siblings.. Even so.. Unless u r all staying together.. Isn't it?
can be visiting friends, baby shower etc... but yar i also think weird leh... u bring meesua eat there? or is it a practice tt pple prepare meesua+egg during confinement so other pple can have this practice if they want?

opps...i mean sit on the bed of someone who just give birth.
Thanks csy1 for sharing :) think i will try the lantern one instead lol.. so funny. i wouldnt dare to eat meesua with egg on e couples' bed. furthermore, i couldn't be asking my friend to cook meesua n egg for me :D, well, i do not have sister so, i can't use my sis's bed.

can be visiting friends, baby shower etc... but yar i also think weird leh... u bring meesua eat there? or is it a practice tt pple prepare meesua+egg during confinement so other pple can have this practice if they want?
LOL LOL this is too funny... can't help not to reply this. LOL LOL i also think it is kinda weird. I think even if so, the couple will also think i am crazy and tat i shldn't disturb e bed lol.

Went to do blood test this morning and hospital just called. Negative, no baby. Boohoo... :'(

I had quite high hopes this time cos embryologist said both embbies are very good quality. And yesterday was supposed to be day 1 of menses but still no menses. So I thought it was a good sign. Alas...

I am going to try again. Can someone advise me how to tune up my body please?
understand how u feel.... i am also very disappointed with my bbt... every time i see tcm, the tcm will say... aiyo wasted lei... bbt so high up then 15dpo dropped drastically... my usual temp is quite low (36.0), O time will be 35.something to 36.1 and my DPO bbt can shoot up to 36.9* at times... or 37.1* that kind. (2 decimal point thermometer) in e end still no bfp! wonder what is wrong... tcm said the bean didn't stick??? i was thinking maybe the bean form half way decided to go to sleep????

koirc, can i ask.... u went for bt is it progesterone??? if i wanna check if i got O on tat cycle, can i just go clinic to do bt for progesterone???? or must do many other things? which day do u do bt??? which DPO? cos i have long cycle, if ppl do on CD21, i can't do on this day, cos i havent even O. so i must base on DPO :)

gynae always says i nv O lei despite doing so many blood test. Though my bbt showed i O and my opk and digital O kit showed i O, my ewcm oso showed i O, i have symptoms like breast pain, breast becomes bigger n tender, O pain and cramps.... haiz

Last edited:

Looks like there's an oppty for new mummies to sell egg mee sua at home during their confinement month. $50 to enjoy egg mee sua on couple's bed, will u buy?

Back