2WW - for those TTC-ing

hi ladies, i'm new here. I've very irregular periods so I went to see a gynae in hope that my TTC efforts won't go down the drain. My gynae prescribed norethisterone and I took it for a couple of rounds. My AF came quite promptly after each round of norethisterone.

My gynae then prescribed clomiphene (100 mg) after knowing that we are (quite) urgently trying to have a baby since we are not very young (early 30s). At CD21, I went down for a blood test and the test showed that I wasn’t ovulating. My gynae then asked me to restart on norethisterone then a higher dosage of clomiphene (150 mg).

But I’ve read somewhere that ovulation may take up to CD35 esp for people with irregular periods. Should I listen to my gynae to restart the norethisterone, or continue to wait till CD35? And 150 mg is quite high dosage, right?
Other than BT on CD21, did your gynae do regular scans for u? If no, I'd suggest you reconsider another gynae who's better and more systematic in dealing with infertility issues..

Other than BT on CD21, did your gynae do regular scans for u? If no, I'd suggest you reconsider another gynae who's better and more systematic in dealing with infertility issues..

nope : ( but i started seeing her only earlier this year. anyone has experiences with both norethisterone and clomiphene to share? thanks!

Is DOM good for TTC? Cos its alcohol, hence I'm not sure if it's save for TTC and early pregnancy ( before you find out ).
How abt bai Feng wan? How often and dosage to recommend?

nope : ( but i started seeing her only earlier this year. anyone has experiences with both norethisterone and clomiphene to share? thanks!
Really highly suggest u switch to another gynae, someone who's more experienced with dealing w infertility treatments..

I wasted more than one year consulting one cos there was almost no scanning done during the cycles and when I switched over to NUH, I had to redo everything because no one knew how I reacted to the medicine.

If you are comfortable with this gynae, then when u bfp u can switch back to him/her. That was what the gynae told me when she told me to go to a govt hospital for ivf because of the subsidies.

And who I went to has a good reputation, but as an obstetrician, not as a gynaecologist specializing in fertility treatments

Really highly suggest u switch to another gynae, someone who's more experienced with dealing w infertility treatments..

I wasted more than one year consulting one cos there was almost no scanning done during the cycles and when I switched over to NUH, I had to redo everything because no one knew how I reacted to the medicine.

If you are comfortable with this gynae, then when u bfp u can switch back to him/her. That was what the gynae told me when she told me to go to a govt hospital for ivf because of the subsidies.

And who I went to has a good reputation, but as an obstetrician, not as a gynaecologist specializing in fertility treatments

if it's okay, could you share which gynae you consulted? thanks!!

if it's okay, could you share which gynae you consulted? thanks!!
Heh no la.. Don't want to spoil her reputation.. Other than her not being able to handle me well (I have PCOS and cos of the lack of monitoring I had some issues which got me hospitalized cos ovaries over reacted), she really was a nice lady and came highly recommended by a few friends and her CV is impressive

I would have considered going back to her if I got a bfp, if not for the good service at NUH (my earlier hospitalization episode and I'm seeing Prof Wong currently for infertility)

hi ladies, i'm new here. I've very irregular periods so I went to see a gynae in hope that my TTC efforts won't go down the drain. My gynae prescribed norethisterone and I took it for a couple of rounds. My AF came quite promptly after each round of norethisterone.

My gynae then prescribed clomiphene (100 mg) after knowing that we are (quite) urgently trying to have a baby since we are not very young (early 30s). At CD21, I went down for a blood test and the test showed that I wasn’t ovulating. My gynae then asked me to restart on norethisterone then a higher dosage of clomiphene (150 mg).

But I’ve read somewhere that ovulation may take up to CD35 esp for people with irregular periods. Should I listen to my gynae to restart the norethisterone, or continue to wait till CD35? And 150 mg is quite high dosage, right?

What blood test you took? Is it hormone test?

I just received a call from my gynae on my hormone test n hsg result. Every thing is fine for me no blockage, hormone is expected range but till now I use the opk yet O now already CD15. I just hope is the hsg test that mess up this month only.

Now gynae need my hubby go for SA. Trying to persuade him....

veraine -> no worries :) but yup i'm also quite concerned about the lack of monitoring... should I ask my gynae to do scans? Also don't want to be seen as not trusting her expertise. sigh.

lynhlz -> yup blood test to see the hormone level. were u on any hormone pills?

veraine -> no worries :) but yup i'm also quite concerned about the lack of monitoring... should I ask my gynae to do scans? Also don't want to be seen as not trusting her expertise. sigh.

Perhaps can try asking her candidly if you should be monitored more closely since you're on clomid?

I did 5 rounds of clomid/injections w her spanning abt a year.. And inconclusive cos no BT throughout and only one scan done during injections.. So there really wasn't any information I could bring over when I switched.

So ended up doing 3 more rounds of clomid and IUI with no injections because I was already responding well to clomid and NUH needed to see how I respond also.

And then finally proceeded to ivf, which I just failed my first attempt last month. So all in all really wasted a lot of time and then when u read all e side effects which come together with all the hormone pills, makes me and hubby wonder why we "wasted" so many cycles.

Perhaps can try asking her candidly if you should be monitored more closely since you're on clomid?

I did 5 rounds of clomid/injections w her spanning abt a year.. And inconclusive cos no BT throughout and only one scan done during injections.. So there really wasn't any information I could bring over when I switched.

So ended up doing 3 more rounds of clomid and IUI with no injections because I was already responding well to clomid and NUH needed to see how I respond also.

And then finally proceeded to ivf, which I just failed my first attempt last month. So all in all really wasted a lot of time and then when u read all e side effects which come together with all the hormone pills, makes me and hubby wonder why we "wasted" so many cycles.

thanks for the advice! yup i also read about the side effects of too many cycles of clomid. sigh and somemore i'm going to attempt 150 mg!!.

anyway jiayou for your IVF!! I dunno if I'm brave enough to attempt IVF cos I really dont want to be jabbing myself.

Is DOM good for TTC? Cos its alcohol, hence I'm not sure if it's save for TTC and early pregnancy ( before you find out ).
How abt bai Feng wan? How often and dosage to recommend?
I thot dom/youmeishu is good for TTC. So I bought & already finished a small bottle & 1/3 way through the big bottle. Then i asked my Chinese physician threw about it. He advised me to stop it lor. He said the herbs content is OK but not the alcohol lor...

I thot so too. I needed the herbs to nourish and warm my womb. Yet worried about the alcohol. Hence seeking advise here and see if anyone has been advised by Chinese doc to go ahead with DOM?

Maybe you gals can try drinking red dates, wolfberries and dried logans tea to warm up the womb?

I just started drinking...Boil every day and bring to office n drink

Hi hellopumpkin
I took 2 cycles of 50mg clomid - doesn't work and same fir 2 cycles of 100mg. So decided to stop. I have pcos and read up and learned abt letrozole and asked my RE about it.
Is currently on my 3rd cycle. 2 cycle of 5mg and I ovulated as proved by blood test on day 21 of cycle. The hormones level is v good. As good as pregnant lady so I will continue.
I hope during my fertility window there r just no obstacles so that bd can happen and conception will ensue..hee

Maybe you gals can try drinking red dates, wolfberries and dried logans tea to warm up the womb?

I agree with u.. It is good and more natural.
I did 1 mth of ginger and brown sugar. It is also to warm womb.
It u nice and not heaty at all if u drink them b4 10 am each day. I see the diff..my cycle is gd. I stopped after that as I got some skin issues and thinking if it is a reaction resulting from my med or what, so just to play safe

Yah. I just started this about 1 month ago. I drink once a week cos scared too heaty...
Mayb u can try drinking alt day and take them b4 10 am daily like me?
I took ginger,logan, red dates with brown sugar. . So far this arrangement worse for me.
But each of us have diff body constitute so we just need to trial and error to determine what suits us best:)

For those of us ttcing, it is best to avoid cooling food like honey, soft drinks and cold food (including cold drinks and food in the fridge; if u must, remove the food from the fridge and let the temp rise first). Take lesser spicy food if possible ans avoid taking heavy thing as it will cause ur uterus to be lowered which is bad if u want to conceive.

Mayb u can try drinking alt day and take them b4 10 am daily like me?
I took ginger,logan, red dates with brown sugar. . So far this arrangement worse for me.
But each of us have diff body constitute so we just need to trial and error to determine what suits us best:)
OK. Will try out your suggestion. Thanks ☺

hello there. i took clomid as prescribed by doc and wasnt monitored by scans too. tot this was not normal cause i heard of other gynaes scanning. but after i consulted another for 2nd opinion, it turns out that scanning is not required cause my blood test confirms i did ovulated. u can try to consult another one if u are not comfortable with the current one

I thot so too. I needed the herbs to nourish and warm my womb. Yet worried about the alcohol. Hence seeking advise here and see if anyone has been advised by Chinese doc to go ahead with DOM?
Strangely though my tcm actually suggested that I take her medicine which is in sachet form and add 5ml of dome to the medication to eat. I read somewhere that if you add hot water the alcohol level actually disperses.

That's hardworking ! I drink the Taiwan kind which is like a brown sugar cube with red dates and longans and ginger but not everyday though.. Maybe I should try it daily to see if it works best

hellopumpkin, nope I not. my gynae told me my hormone level is normal and in expected range so he didn't prescribe me any medicine.

I also taking taiwan type ginger tea...

Hi wedelia

I ever have this and this it is normal. Does it comes with any pain or other unusual symptoms? R u on any medication to induce menses and is ur menses regular?
No my menses is regular...my cycle is 31-35 days & no pain..not on any medication

I drink longan, red dates & wolfberries tea everyday..i dun feel heaty & my tcm said for my body i can drink everyday..i put in thermal flask n add hot water & take sips througout the day..I realise my hands get cold in air con..any suggestions on hw to keep them warm?

Yah. I just started this about 1 month ago. I drink once a week cos scared too heaty...

I just started a week ago...I don't feel is heaty for me...but think this aso depends on individuals constitution. But from what I know, if you just drink the brewed tea and not the ingredients, should be fine

I agree with u.. It is good and more natural.
I did 1 mth of ginger and brown sugar. It is also to warm womb.
It u nice and not heaty at all if u drink them b4 10 am each day. I see the diff..my cycle is gd. I stopped after that as I got some skin issues and thinking if it is a reaction resulting from my med or what, so just to play safe

Is there any reason to drink before 10am each day?

That's hardworking ! I drink the Taiwan kind which is like a brown sugar cube with red dates and longans and ginger but not everyday though.. Maybe I should try it daily to see if it works best

I will boil the night before and re-boil again in the morning, thereafter, put in a thermos flask and bring to office to drink

But at times, aso can be lazy (but try not tooo)

My TCM said my eggs not so really mature and my body temperature is low, prescribe medicine to increase my temperature and eventually can mature the eggs. So thinking this tea maybe can help me in some way???

For those of us ttcing, it is best to avoid cooling food like honey, soft drinks and cold food (including cold drinks and food in the fridge; if u must, remove the food from the fridge and let the temp rise first). Take lesser spicy food if possible ans avoid taking heavy thing as it will cause ur uterus to be lowered which is bad if u want to conceive.

And one more thing to add on if you gals believe, my TCM advise me not to consume chicken meat. Because nowadays, they are being injected n these injections consists of some hormones which can make the chickens grow faster and these hormones can in turn distruct our female hormones which is not good for us

And one more thing to add on if you gals believe, my TCM advise me not to consume chicken meat. Because nowadays, they are being injected n these injections consists of some hormones which can make the chickens grow faster and these hormones can in turn distruct our female hormones which is not good for us

I agree with you. I hardly take chicken nowadays unlike no choice.

Thank you everyone for your generous inputs. I am starting to drink the longan red date tea today.
I'm also taking Blackmore's concieve well Gold pills. It has folic acid and vitamins to prepare us for conception.

Hope to hear good news from everyone in this forum soon.

Wow.. AF reported on Tuesday, a 31 days cycle this month. Had spotting the night before and my heart sank :(

Really don't know what went wrong cuz when I trace back, the ovulation date should fall on the next day of my positive OPK and we did "cover our bases" during that two days. Feel so disheartened. Was kind of hopeful last cycle though cuz I had some symptoms which I have never encounter before, but well..

Another cycle is up and I'm on my CD03, anyone's with me?

Wow.. AF reported on Tuesday, a 31 days cycle this month. Had spotting the night before and my heart sank :(

Really don't know what went wrong cuz when I trace back, the ovulation date should fall on the next day of my positive OPK and we did "cover our bases" during that two days. Feel so disheartened. Was kind of hopeful last cycle though cuz I had some symptoms which I have never encounter before, but well..

Another cycle is up and I'm on my CD03, anyone's with me?
yep im with u~ jus finished my AF ...
i didnt have any OPK left .. so not tracking my O ... haha shall just anyhow and randomly bd :p
anyway, me n hub already decided to visit tcm next month if fail ... so this month is like "taking a break" for us
lets work hard tgt again!

yep im with u~ jus finished my AF ...
i didnt have any OPK left .. so not tracking my O ... haha shall just anyhow and randomly bd :p
anyway, me n hub already decided to visit tcm next month if fail ... so this month is like "taking a break" for us
lets work hard tgt again!

It isn't easy to really "take a break", especially when the date is approaching your usual "sensitive" dates. I have been telling myself as well as dh to take it easy every time, but when "time's up", I'll just get tension automatically

Go order some OPK from Internet! Otherwise I can send some of my cheapie a to you too if you don't mind. Hahaha..

Still considering whether or not to do the HSG test.

Ladies who have done it before, how much does it cost?

for me i go private in JB, malaysia.. because it is much cheaper... you can visit the IUI thread.. most of the ladies comment spending more than 1K in total. but for me is arnd $700 (thanks to exchange rate)
but one of the people comment that she did for less than $500 in government hospital, so i'm not sure exactly how much is it...

anyway you should visit a gynae in singapore first for body checkup, do all the tests and xray then see what the gynae advise.

for me, i did 6 months naturally without any help,
9 months with TCM (TSB),
did 3 cycle of clomid + natural BD with my singapore gynae
and did 3 cycle of IUI with my JB gynae before i get my BFP
Can you advise where you did iui in jb? And what is the gynae name?

Cantaloupe, I did mine my hsg test at Mount A refer by my gynae. Cost me $245

Fedfan, hsg test medisave claimable? I thought cannot and paid cash..

After so many opk finally today got a positive O.. BD these few days.. wish me luck.

After so many opk finally today got a positive O.. BD these few days.. wish me luck.

Hi lynhlz,

Okay, good luck. Hope that you will get your BFP, your rainbow baby, this cycle.

Let's all jiayou together.

I also thought not claimable from medisave but it could. Maybe the private hosp didn't ask you if want claim medisave?
Congrats on your positive o, at least u got a late o. I didn't get mine the last time i did HSG..not sure what went wrong.

Is Kampung Chicken ok?i heard abt this somewhere & switched to Kampong Chicken..

Where do you buy the taiwan kind of cubes from?anyone can recommend me a good thermos flask..my 2nd one doesnt keep the contents warm anyone..seems after 4-5 mths it gets spoilt!

Where do you buy the taiwan kind of cubes from?anyone can recommend me a good thermos flask..my 2nd one doesnt keep the contents warm anyone..seems after 4-5 mths it gets spoilt!
Hihi, if u want to order online - can buy from qoo10. Or if u want to buy from shop, can try those shop that sells Taiwan foodstuffs. As for thermo flask, if u want to get a good one, it will be thermos, zojirushi etc. For me, I am using a brand less 1 now. Mine was a free gift from the travel fair. Hearsay soak with hot water before the 1st use. So that it can prelong the usage of the flask.

It isn't easy to really "take a break", especially when the date is approaching your usual "sensitive" dates. I have been telling myself as well as dh to take it easy every time, but when "time's up", I'll just get tension automatically

Go order some OPK from Internet! Otherwise I can send some of my cheapie a to you too if you don't mind. Hahaha..

Still considering whether or not to do the HSG test.

Ladies who have done it before, how much does it cost?
hihi, did it at kkh was 160,$80 subsidized, $80 paid by medisave..

Back