2WW - for those TTC-ing

Hi @bubbleblue1, I have no frozen. Retrived only 5 eggs, only 4 managed to fertilize. Transferred 2, the other 2 arrested after 3 days. Sad. Doc said can try ivf again after 3 cycles. Now I'm ttc naturally, cos really got phobia about ivf after the 1st try.

I'm with kkivf.

star.star, **hugs hugs** to you. Never mind. Just go for your hsg first & who knows you may just strike after that. Clears our pipes la. Hopefully it will heightened the chances of conceiving. Jiayou!

Can understand your fear, I am scare of that too. =(
Remember to take some painkillers before you go for the test. Think some ladies here suggest that it will help.
By the way, I read that aftera HSG, chances of conceiving jump by 30%. That might be the key for u. Jia you!
Yes my second pregnancy came from HSG. But sadly ended in miscarriage. Jia you :)
or really? how come hsg can increase chances of pregnancy? it's just a dye and xray isn't it? unless if the dye does something to increase preggie chances?
Hi girls! I am new here.. I will be going for my HSG next wednesday ak kk... any advise? A bit scared...:oops:
same same will be kk... but still waiting for next cycle to book my appt... let me know how it is!!
My advice is to take painkiller about an hour before the procedure. I took it after lunch and before my HSG at 2.30pm. And also bring a pantyliner or a small pad becos you may bleed abit.

I felt abit of uncomfortable during the procedure and mild cramps then after that i am very normal. No scare de. quite amazing actually. :)

I asked the dr that did for me on the spot of there are blockages and he can tell you straight. I insisted to know instead of waiting for the report
yar seems like painkiller is the solution to it as suggested by many pple... but the discomfort will still be there hor? how is it compared to pap smear? i thought pap smear was very uncomfortable too...

oh yar dunno if you all know... this month and next month got FREE PAP SMEAR for all ladies >25 yrs old!! can go do if you haven't done in some time... many clinics offer it... though i'm not sure if a general clinic is good enuff or shud i find one with gynaes... any idea?

How is an HSG Done?
For the test, you'll lie on an examination table, usually one with stir-ups like the ones found in a gynecologist's office. The doctor will perform a quick pelvic exam, and place a speculum inside your vagina. Then, the doctor will place a device called a cannula into your cervix.
Next, the doctor will inject an iodine-based dye through the cannula. After the dye has been injected, the doctor will lower an x-ray device over your pelvic and lower abdominal area. For each x-ray picture, you'll be asked to hold your breath for a moment or two. You may need to change your position, and lie on your side, for some of the x-rays.

My bff also got pregnant after doing HSG, the gynae told her to think of it like... normally it is a 3 way road, now you have 1 more lane.. so its like expressway. hurhur. Not sure if the cannula played a part in "clearing the way"??

Pap smear just go in scrap abit then come out.....but for HSG.....i feel the dye going inside, AND HOR.....the nurse/doctor doing for you will ermm....clean your down there (inside and outside) and put those sterilised green cloth (those in operating theatre) over the area.... then they put someting inside your cervix then pump in the dye and i was asked to tilt my butt in a weird postition. BTW the legs are hanging from the bed so its kindda uncomfortable. The nurse blocked my view of the Xray so i cannot see. After that when you sit up, the dye will flow out so kindda messy but you just clean yourself with the green cloth.

At the end i ask the person doing for me is there blockage, he just say nope. Quite ok.

I guess now you have eat more times but in lesser portions. That would be better for you cos likely you will feel fuller faster compared to before preggy. But at least it's good. You are eating well so there is good growth for baby as well :) Jiayou wor! Already 2nd tri yet?

Grace, tis week is 11th week.... Soon to b tri 2, happily waiting for tri 2 to come.. so my hub wont restrict me soooo much.. :p

Interestingly, @darbi I think my gynae said similar things to me before too. He said after my cyst/fibroid op, if you are clear of cysts and fibroids and your fallopian tubes are also clear, your car has no obstruction and traffic jam. If that is the case, your journey is smoother and much easier. So I guess it's really true.

Pap smear just go in scrap abit then come out.....but for HSG.....i feel the dye going inside, AND HOR.....the nurse/doctor doing for you will ermm....clean your down there (inside and outside) and put those sterilised green cloth (those in operating theatre) over the area.... then they put someting inside your cervix then pump in the dye and i was asked to tilt my butt in a weird postition. BTW the legs are hanging from the bed so its kindda uncomfortable. The nurse blocked my view of the Xray so i cannot see. After that when you sit up, the dye will flow out so kindda messy but you just clean yourself with the green cloth.

At the end i ask the person doing for me is there blockage, he just say nope. Quite ok.
thanks mxlo for the detailed description!!! whoa sounds like hsg way more uncomfortable than pap smear... yikes!!! after pap i already thinking i never ever want to do it again.... sobz... and yar so short at least can bear... hsg so long procedure!! >.< how long did it take (waiting/hsg/waiting for results etc) take at kk?
Like finally.... I broke the news to my boss that i m preggy tis am... Thou he sounded "happy for me" but my colli say my boss 苦笑... Well... to me its more like burden off the shoulders cos hv been worried abt how to break the news to him...
at least u broke the news ler. how did u do it? i always think it will be such an awkward moment... esp if boss is male... and if you dun tend to chat abt such stuff...

The waiting time is about 30 mins depending how many are in the queue. Then the test took abit longer for me becos the doctor got to change the tube that was inserted becos he say the dye flow out so got to change a slightly bigger one. :rolleyes: from going into the room to the test and then clean up about 20 mins.

thanks mxlo for the detailed description!!! whoa sounds like hsg way more uncomfortable than pap smear... yikes!!! after pap i already thinking i never ever want to do it again.... sobz... and yar so short at least can bear... hsg so long procedure!! >.< how long did it take (waiting/hsg/waiting for results etc) take at kk?

at least u broke the news ler. how did u do it? i always think it will be such an awkward moment... esp if boss is male... and if you dun tend to chat abt such stuff...

Doodoo, my boss is male... Hahaha tis morning i walk to his desk and tell him "i hv smth to tell u, den i show him hand sign tat i m preggy".... Den his first reaction is "Good.." Well how true he meant it doesnt really matter, to me its jus informing him abt it thats is.. Cos i do not wan my team to think i pushed jobs away when sometimes i really cant b doing the tough task...

Btw, my boss gone thru iui and ivf too, so even thou he is male but we can chat on tis... Rite aft my wedding he told me to go try iui or ivf if natural cant succeed...

star.star, **hugs hugs** to you. Never mind. Just go for your hsg first & who knows you may just strike after that. Clears our pipes la. Hopefully it will heightened the chances of conceiving. Jiayou!

Bubbkeblue1, Yeah, I hope so too.. drive in express lane, no blockage! Haha..

Btw thanks darbi and mxlo for the hsg details and advise. Will update here after my appt on wednesday, hopefully not pain and no blockage. Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

The waiting time is about 30 mins depending how many are in the queue. Then the test took abit longer for me becos the doctor got to change the tube that was inserted becos he say the dye flow out so got to change a slightly bigger one. :rolleyes: from going into the room to the test and then clean up about 20 mins.
ok!! doesn't sound tooooo long....
@doodoo123 will let you know after I go on wednesday.
sure!! hope it goes smoothly for you.. and tt it's a 'wasted' trip in that you've got completely clear tubes!! :D
Doodoo, my boss is male... Hahaha tis morning i walk to his desk and tell him "i hv smth to tell u, den i show him hand sign tat i m preggy".... Den his first reaction is "Good.." Well how true he meant it doesnt really matter, to me its jus informing him abt it thats is.. Cos i do not wan my team to think i pushed jobs away when sometimes i really cant b doing the tough task...
whoa so direct... but u sound closer to ur boss since u already talk about fertility issues... good good... i wonder how it will be (if ever) i need to tell my boss... lol

Haha how I told my male mgr was thru email while waiting to see the gynae for my bleeding. I suddenly disappeared , telling him i am at the clinic now , and will keep him updated on what's happening. He asked me what happened, so I told him ... just got to know I am pregnant , am at the clinic now cos of bleeding

Gamma, how hv u been?

Hmmm mayb cos my boss style is more of the "dun beat ard the bush" and we can chat abt tis kind of stuffs so its much easy for me... :p

Haha how I told my male mgr was thru email while waiting to see the gynae for my bleeding. I suddenly disappeared , telling him i am at the clinic now , and will keep him updated on what's happening. He asked me what happened, so I told him ... just got to know I am pregnant , am at the clinic now cos of bleeding

Hope you are ok! Have a gd rest!

Hi Ladies,
it has been such a while i have not been here and have not read e msg. :) have been trying to stay relax and keep myself away from thinkin of ttc.
This August will b the best mth ever for me! Cos i no need to TTC :) Feel relax, happier, less worries and best of all, shoulders lightened and i can really enjoy "play" with hub without worrying did e soldiers flow out, have to raise hip raise legs etc. Now i can wash up and slp immediately. No need to wake up on time to take temp (thou i still taking but just as n when i feel like it)

I just went for my HSG test. Everything was fine and it was a pretty fast experience. Though i was very scared. Aft the test, it is not recommended to BD - baby making for 1mth or 1 cycle. Aft the test i need to rest myself for abt a week so as to not hurt my precious tubes. I will not be TTC till end of aug or early sept. Hopefully my AF will come faster so that i can so called wash out the dye in me and i am pretty safe for BD in Sept. ::)

Hi Ladies,

I have a question to ask, for pregnant ladies isit ok for them to still apply medicated oil like Ruyi oil on their stomach?
or Axe oil on the nose?

Starstar, sorry what do you mean by "the other 2 are arrested after 3days?" Sorry for my silly question but hope you dont mind I probe more as I had been contemplating to go kkh for ivf for quite some time but I would like to learn more.

Emily, nice to hear from you! Glad that you did your HSG & feeling relax now!!! Who knows a surprise might be waiting for you....

@star.star
Starstar, good luck for your HSG tomorrow. U r gg KKH right? I just went for my HSG. The waiting time was 1hour upon registration till i got called in to e examination room , lie on e bed to do e scan. The nurses will help u with e "getting ready" , place a cloth on your legs and ask u to fold up / half raise ur legs jus like u open up for pap smear of BD :p. Nurse will place a square Xray abv you at your tummy area where ur fallopian tubes can be seen. First doc will clean your V. Then insert a thing, dono wat is that, didn't get to see it. he will tightened the thing in your V to secure from spilling or what. That on nothing to me. Just the feeling of sth stuck there :) Aft tat e nurses will help to explain a bit on e procedure while e doc was doing it. She said, "now doc will insert e dye bla bla bla" i could feel e dye coming in very slowly. then when my abdominal is filled/full, i feel e pain. It only lasts for 1min or so or LESS. Then the nurse told me, "ok it is done!" I was like wow tat was v fast!!! I feel e pain abt 2 mins and it subsided eventually. Felt a bit suan suan and i admit it was a v fast procedure. I just lie there all e while , no need to tilt or move left or right lei. And my bed is soft comfy type, not like e ladies mentioned cold metal table. Everything went well n smooth. My result was good. no blockage. Just tat cannt TTC for 1 cycle or 1mth. Aft tat resume bk to normal activities BUT not asking u to go jogging or jumping hor... Still to be safe, i will rest a week or so b4 my hub n i "Play" but no TCC hor!! heard tat e dye might affect e baby, play safe must be good cannot tcc althou v enthusiastic la

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I have a question to ask, for pregnant ladies isit ok for them to still apply medicated oil like Ruyi oil on their stomach?
or Axe oil on the nose?
i think shld be ok to apply on e nose or head. some ppl get headaches during preg.. a bit is ok, not too much. tummy better not.

Starstar, sorry what do you mean by "the other 2 are arrested after 3days?" Sorry for my silly question but hope you dont mind I probe more as I had been contemplating to go kkh for ivf for quite some time but I would like to learn more.

Emily, nice to hear from you! Glad that you did your HSG & feeling relax now!!! Who knows a surprise might be waiting for you....
thank u bubbleblue.
I think what starstar meant abt "the other 2 are arrested after 3days" may be the rest of e 2 cannot be done cos died off or not good or kept???

@Iwanbaby
iwanbaby, happy for you that u r moving on to 2nd Tri. :) I am seeing dr zou next week cos i just did my hsg test, don wanna interfere with any medical at e moment.
U seen dr zou and got preg?? or did u do sth special this mth? i rmb u said it was a surprise preg. ":) did u do hsg ??

Hi Ladies,
I am back here again for count down to the end of my TWW. Today is DPO11 for me. In my previous cycle, i always tell myself to wait till DPO14 and if AF no show then test. This time i am going to test tomorrow regardless i spot or nt. If no luck again, i will go do HSG too.

Hi Ladies,
I am back here again for count down to the end of my TWW. Today is DPO11 for me. In my previous cycle, i always tell myself to wait till DPO14 and if AF no show then test. This time i am going to test tomorrow regardless i spot or nt. If no luck again, i will go do HSG too.
jiayou maerceci.. same for me haha... i oso count dwn my DPO till 15DPO and my temp went ALL e way dwn like committing suicide. Then in a few hrs' time, my AF reported... which is good la no delay for DPO. sometimes can delay till 18 19DPO. :( Aft tat i quickly called my gynae to arrange HSG for me. Aft HSG wait for 1mth or 1cycle then can TTC again. so this mth is my carefree mth :)

I see. I am suppose to do this cycle but my HB want to try again. I done my scan and found nothing abnormal that will cause infertility. So i am left with HSG and SA to confirm.

Emily, oh tks for your "tips". I assume that the eggs retrieved mostly can be freezed....

This cycle I think game over soon since I had been struggling with cold & phlegmy cough for more than 1 wk. I am trying to avoid antibiotics as my friend advise me not to take during 2ww. My temp kept hovering at 37.00 & usually it will dive down 1 day before AF calls on me which I think is this Sat.... I didnt really work hard this cycle since I fell sick. So sianz. Think I need shortcut to get preggy. Hopefully next month when I see Dr Tan @ kkh, he will not recommend me IUI again.....

@star.star
Starstar, good luck for your HSG tomorrow. U r gg KKH right? I just went for my HSG. The waiting time was 1hour upon registration till i got called in to e examination room , lie on e bed to do e scan. The nurses will help u with e "getting ready" , place a cloth on your legs and ask u to fold up / half raise ur legs jus like u open up for pap smear of BD :p. Nurse will place a square Xray abv you at your tummy area where ur fallopian tubes can be seen. First doc will clean your V. Then insert a thing, dono wat is that, didn't get to see it. he will tightened the thing in your V to secure from spilling or what. That on nothing to me. Just the feeling of sth stuck there :) Aft tat e nurses will help to explain a bit on e procedure while e doc was doing it. She said, "now doc will insert e dye bla bla bla" i could feel e dye coming in very slowly. then when my abdominal is filled/full, i feel e pain. It only lasts for 1min or so or LESS. Then the nurse told me, "ok it is done!" I was like wow tat was v fast!!! I feel e pain abt 2 mins and it subsided eventually. Felt a bit suan suan and i admit it was a v fast procedure. I just lie there all e while , no need to tilt or move left or right lei. And my bed is soft comfy type, not like e ladies mentioned cold metal table. Everything went well n smooth. My result was good. no blockage. Just tat cannt TTC for 1 cycle or 1mth. Aft tat resume bk to normal activities BUT not asking u to go jogging or jumping hor... Still to be safe, i will rest a week or so b4 my hub n i "Play" but no TCC hor!! heard tat e dye might affect e baby, play safe must be good cannot tcc althou v enthusiastic la

hi, how much is the HSG cost?

Hi Ladies,
it has been such a while i have not been here and have not read e msg. :) have been trying to stay relax and keep myself away from thinkin of ttc.
This August will b the best mth ever for me! Cos i no need to TTC :) Feel relax, happier, less worries and best of all, shoulders lightened and i can really enjoy "play" with hub without worrying did e soldiers flow out, have to raise hip raise legs etc. Now i can wash up and slp immediately. No need to wake up on time to take temp (thou i still taking but just as n when i feel like it)

I just went for my HSG test. Everything was fine and it was a pretty fast experience. Though i was very scared. Aft the test, it is not recommended to BD - baby making for 1mth or 1 cycle. Aft the test i need to rest myself for abt a week so as to not hurt my precious tubes. I will not be TTC till end of aug or early sept. Hopefully my AF will come faster so that i can so called wash out the dye in me and i am pretty safe for BD in Sept. ::)

Hi emily, I asked the nurse, she says after 3 days can bd already... I mean ttc.
One of my friends after did hsg, straight away conceive, until now haven't even gone back for her hsg review.. haha..
Nvm, I'll double check with the doc and nurse tomorrow.

Hi emily, I asked the nurse, she says after 3 days can bd already... I mean ttc.
One of my friends after did hsg, straight away conceive, until now haven't even gone back for her hsg review.. haha..
ok u check n update me ok. heard tt to be safe not to make bb for 1 mth to let e dye evaporate completely first. my hub soldiers oso not good. so I don think I can b so lucky.

Bubbleblue1, being arrested I guess is stopped growing. Thus unable to freeze.

Not all embryos can freezed.

@Iwanbaby
iwanbaby, happy for you that u r moving on to 2nd Tri. :) I am seeing dr zou next week cos i just did my hsg test, don wanna interfere with any medical at e moment.
U seen dr zou and got preg?? or did u do sth special this mth? i rmb u said it was a surprise preg. ":) did u do hsg ??

@Emily Tan , i have been with Dr Zou since beginning of tis yr (for abt 4-5mths), den May'14 i decided to give a break on the medi and strike on tat mth..
I did not do any HSG test or so.

My doc advised me must not try after HSG coz the eggs were under a scan just like X-ray , they have to be out of your body before u try..

My doc advised me must not try after HSG coz the eggs were under a scan just like X-ray , they have to be out of your body before u try..
wah then I hav to wait many mths?? cos I hav long cycles. oh so it is e quality of eggs ah? I don think I hav eggs during menstruation. e nurse said 1mth shld be good. but I dono. maybe I ask my gynae. thanks angelbb. I better play safe. cos quality of eggs oso will affect bb growth.

wah then I hav to wait many mths?? cos I hav long cycles. oh so it is e quality of eggs ah? I don think I hav eggs during menstruation. e nurse said 1mth shld be good. but I dono. maybe I ask my gynae. thanks angelbb. I better play safe. cos quality of eggs oso will affect bb growth.
Yes, I think just be safe and wait for this cycle to end before u try

http://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytesting/a/hsg.htm

just to share.

Is the Radiation from an HSG Safe?
An HSG involves a very low amount of radiation. The low amount does not seem to causes any unwanted effects, even if you get pregnant later that cycle.

However, an HSG should not be done during pregnancy.

http://www.babymed.com/fertility-tests/getting-pregnant-pregnancy-after-hysterosalpingogram-hsg

Do the X-rays damage the eggs?
The X-rays are not expected to damage the egg because before ovulation the egg is in a state of maturation arrest, which is unlikely to be damaged by X-rays. In addition, the amount of radiation exposure from a single HSG is so small that this dose of radiation is unlikely to adversely effect even a growing fetus.

Does the dye harm the eggs or the embryo or fetus?
The dye solution used in an HSG might harm a fetus if injected into the uterus during a pregnancy. But it is rapidly cleared from the uterus and tubes.

- See more at: http://www.babymed.com/fertility-te...-hysterosalpingogram-hsg#sthash.0lyXrcn7.dpuf

Last edited:
My hsg doc told me go ahead to ttc. No issue. My girlfriend conceived right after hsg. Baby boy popped out healthy.

Hi All,

I'm going to have my 2nd round of key hole surgery done end of this month due to endometriosis, should i go and consult for IVF first or should i consult only after i have recover from my surgery?

Back