2016/07 July babies

Hi July mummies,

I'm from Oct group mummies and would like to seek some help from July mummies who stay in TMC.

What is the thing that we need to pack for our hospital bag? Do we need to bring some baby clothes as well?

Tmc will provide LO with clothes during stay. Upon discharge the baby will be wearing tmc clothes. Unless you want your LO to wear nice nice, then you can bring your own clothes. But baby will be wrapped up so can't see too. Tmc will be providing a little hat too. They don't provide mitten and socks this year. I didn't bring any for my LO. Juz wrap her up and bring her back.

Tmc will provide LO with clothes during stay. Upon discharge the baby will be wearing tmc clothes. Unless you want your LO to wear nice nice, then you can bring your own clothes. But baby will be wrapped up so can't see too. Tmc will be providing a little hat too. They don't provide mitten and socks this year. I didn't bring any for my LO. Juz wrap her up and bring her back.

Hi Verluv,

Okay. How abt mummy hospital bag?
So far I only pack sanitary pad (2x), breastpad, sock, nursing bra, disposable panties. What else we need to bring for ourselves?

Hi Verluv,

So far I only pack sanitary pad (2x), breastpad, sock, nursing bra, disposable panties. What else we need to bring for ourselves?
That is what I brought for myself too plus going home clothes....
Maybe ur moisturizer etc to look good!

Does your LO dislike oral cleansing? Mine is always making a big fuss when I clean her (NUK wipes). I feel so stressed for her but I really wanna do it. I'm doing it twice a day. Twice a day I see her bitter face and her cry.

I'm thinking how to make her like it. Help. (I sing along happy song also no use).

Does your LO dislike oral cleansing? Mine is always making a big fuss when I clean her (NUK wipes). I feel so stressed for her but I really wanna do it. I'm doing it twice a day. Twice a day I see her bitter face and her cry.

I'm thinking how to make her like it. Help. (I sing along happy song also no use).
Mine hates it too...and she will gag and wants to vomit.
I still can't clean off the white residue. Checked with pd last Wednesday, she said it is not thrush...is milk residue but seems very stubborn can't clear it off

Btw with the zika going on, do mummies still bring your babies out for stroll ? I used to bring her walk around our compound in the morning ...but with Zika not sure if it is wise to still do this

Hi Verluv,

This is more than enough cause TMC will also provide you with the pad and disposable panties. Bring a set of clothings for yourself to wear home once you're discharge :)

I usually just use a handkerchief and wash his tongue with boiled water. He seems to enjoy cleaning because can feel him sucking the water from the handkerchief. Maybe you can try using this instead of the NUK oral wipes? :)

@gan1972 i tried to avoid going out for long nowadays because I'm staying in Tampines, and it's near to Bedok which is also one of the affected area. Plus Tampines got a lot of red dengue areas.

Usually just make my way to my MIL place down the street or at the most Tampines Mall for grocery shopping.

@Sa_rahhhh guess I need to stay indoor with baby for time being! miss those morning walks with the baby.

Tonight is one of those bad ones, where baby after poo, diaper change, eyes GI big for ladt 2 hours

I m super exhausted !

Hi Verluv,

Ya they will provide sanitary pad n disposable panties for you(those super big size but elastic very good de). Most importantly bring a set of going home clothes.
Also, your personal belonging like contact lens, facial cleanser. Some mummies also bring make up juz in case you have visitor or you wan to look Mei Mei to take pic..:)

@Sa_rahhhh guess I need to stay indoor with baby for time being! miss those morning walks with the baby.

Tonight is one of those bad ones, where baby after poo, diaper change, eyes GI big for ladt 2 hours

I m super exhausted !

:( ganbatte! My boy also woke up around 1am crying. Thought he wanted milk but in the end just wanted us to carry him to coax him to sleep. Guess he's not used to a foreign bed and place.

Maybe I should consider bringing him overseas for holidays again. :(

I used to do with washcloth/gauze. Recently switched to NUK oral wipes. Either way, she kicks a big fuss. But sometimes she does seem a little calm. I guess I have to try to catch her right timing. And her white patch also not easy to remove. Pd prescribes her an anti infection gel which I started on her yesterday. Pd says (since more than a week ago) if I continue cleaning and still can't wipe off cleanly, start the gel. Aiya applying the gel on her tongue is another unpleasant moment for her. Sweat.

Btw does giving a little water after each feed really help? Esp after a fm feed.

We also enjoy a walk in morning or evening (can catch some sunset). But truthfully abit scared also about zika.

I applied repellent on the stroller when I need to bring the little one out.

For oral cleansing, I have been saying "Ahhhh" before I insert the finger wrapped in gauze cloth. Baby learnt the cue and will open mouth for me to clean.

Though cooperative, I am still unable to completely remove the residue from the tongue as the stubborn section is rather deep in. When I went to polyclinic, the nurses advised that this process is more of making it a habit for baby to be hygenic, not so much about clearing all the residue. Is this correct?

Usually I try to clean it before feeding time so my baby will be happily suck in my finger haha I will put the Nuk wipe on my last finger and place it on my baby lip, baby will open his mouth and I slowly move my finger into his mouth and he will suck it in. Or u can try another way which my mum did, use the handkerchief to lay over milk bottle teat and let baby suck it.

I only managed to clean half of her tongue as I don't dare to clean the inner of her tongue as she will gag and vomit. Do we have to clean her while tongue? Also mine is on bm but I see her also has the whitish subtance on her tongue. I tot only baby on fm will have that. For LO on total bm, does your LO have it too?

@Sa_rahhhh I learn from the SG babywearing group and YouTube de....still making mistakes but they will offer advice if you post your pics in the group for them to assess! If you are keen, can check out wrapyouinlove and wrappingrachel on YouTube, very good for beginners!

My bb seems to be ok with me wiping her mouth with either wet cotton balls or handkerchief, she like to suck suck a bit also hehe.

Full bm will also have white residue, and yeah, I read that it is just to prime them for when we teach them how to brush their teeth, so unless it is thrush, no need to worry about making their tongue super clean....

In that case I think I clean her mouth once a day instead of twice. Cut her agony by half. Haa. But I hope she'll grow to enjoy it soon.

When does a child need pillow? I don't give her one. Her head just rests on a thin folded diaper cloth.

I just inherited an Ergobaby carrier and such a godsend. I've been struggling with the ring sling and Hanawrap. LO always cries while putting inside those two. But with Ergobaby she sleeps the moment she is worn inside (party she is tired la).

I saw this clip which doesn't need infant insert. I use her method with a rolled towel and it works well.

My baby mostly on FM. I didn't give any water yet. So far I play play with him when cleaning his tongue. I used cotton gauge to clean twice first then I will tell him Arrrgh open mouth big big mummy see clean anot. Not clean clean 1more than. So far he ok n give me eye contact. He imitate how I open mouth big to check.

Today I put my baby on playmat for tummy time and he manage to flip over and sleep on his back.. I got shock la !!!
Btw did your baby hava dry lip? My baby lip always dry up and peel off.. What should I do ??

It depends on my bb's mood, sometimes she is ok for me to clean her tongue, sometimes she will 'bite' my finger and I have to wait for her to release her bite. But my mom told me if built up a lot of these milk curbs on the tongue, it will make the bb to lose interest in drinking milk. Don't know true or not.

Instead, my bb hates washing her head! Confirmed will cry once water touches her head. For me, I will put a few drops of the California baby shampoo & bodywash in water and use it to wash her head. Tho I didn't see any cradle cap on her head but she still has a very strong scalp smell. I wonder if it's ok to start using baby shampoo now. Anyone started using baby shampoo?

Yea I'm using sabamed bubble bath to wash my baby hair, neck and armpit where it likely to sweat.

I'm using Komodo bath for both his head and body. So far when shampooing his head he will give a shiok face. I think it's because my MIL kept rubbing his head since he's born so that his head will be round. Used to it liao. When I washed with water, he will flinch the first time when the water touch his head, after that ok.

He seems to enjoy his bath. Can't wait till he's older to bring him for some water playtime :)

I use dentinox for his scalp and puréen yoghurt soap one pump in tub of water for the rest of the body. He likes bathing more than his kor kor. I struggled w a crying baby every bath time with kor kor, haha!

I'm feeling much more refreshed and happier during weekdays. Just found out my HB going for a 10-day work trip in Nov. Can't help but feel upset!

@redvel for the IFC, have you register ? Need to pay 1 month deposit plus school fees? I just went to register today although gal on,y going in jan, the centre said must pay to secure the place. I asked if later there us change in baby care plans, will they refund the deposit plus school fee, the lady said yes if I inform them earlier...

Gosh IFC in private so exp!!

@gan1972 You know what, I had cold feet on the day I was supposed to go down to the IFC to pay and enrol. I got so emotional in that afternoon and watsapp my hubby I don't wish to send LO to IFC at merely 11wk+ (based on 15Sep intake). We were supposed to head down that evening.

I couldn't handle the separation anxiety when baby is still so small.

So I still don't have a concrete plan B :(

About the deposit return, I'm not very sure tho. But yes Pte is expensive. $1k/mth for Cherie Hearts.

@gan1972 You know what, I had cold feet on the day I was supposed to go down to the IFC to pay and enrol. I got so emotional in that afternoon and watsapp my hubby I don't wish to send LO to IFC at merely 11wk+ (based on 15Sep intake). We were supposed to head down that evening.

I couldn't handle the separation anxiety when baby is still so small.

So I still don't have a concrete plan B :(

About the deposit return, I'm not very sure tho. But yes Pte is expensive. $1k/mth for Cherie Hearts.
@redvel, I can understand how you feel...I am reluctantly sending number 2 to infant care..only consolation is that she is going at 6 months old but I hope she won't have separation anxiety then ! One of the IFC I went actually suggested sending the baby when they are young as they can adapt easier.

Maybe you can explore if your Job allows u to work from home, if yes, you can take care of bb and have an income too ...mine doesn't allow, so no choice.

Some mummies are so "brave" I wish I could be like that... I cried so hard that day. I thought ok perhaps ya 6mths should be better. But I think I will still cry at 6months. Sob.

There are of cos pros in sending bb early. But I think I am the problem. Haha.

A lot of thinking out loud options. Of course bestest is my mil or relative take care. Mine and hubby wish is only toddler age then send to childcare. But of cos feasibility is in question.

I was just chatting with my boss last week on this. Told her I still can't tell her if I'm returning end of 3mths or 4mths. In my heart, tbh, I hope I can take no pay leave for 3-6mths. But I haven't raised that to her. Not sure need to get there or not. As for working from home, it's not possible too as my job requires to be at customers' office.

Gan, how was the case for your #1?

Some mummies are so "brave" I wish I could be like that... I cried so hard that day. I thought ok perhaps ya 6mths should be better. But I think I will still cry at 6months. Sob.

There are of cos pros in sending bb early. But I think I am the problem. Haha.

A lot of thinking out loud options. Of course bestest is my mil or relative take care. Mine and hubby wish is only toddler age then send to childcare. But of cos feasibility is in question.

I was just chatting with my boss last week on this. Told her I still can't tell her if I'm returning end of 3mths or 4mths. In my heart, tbh, I hope I can take no pay leave for 3-6mths. But I haven't raised that to her. Not sure need to get there or not. As for working from home, it's not possible too as my job requires to be at customers' office.

Gan, how was the case for your #1?
My mum took care of number one for me...she went cc when turns 18 months, my parents will pick her up around 5pm to go home for dinner as I work late most of the time.

My mum is not young, so wld be taxing for her to look after number 2, that is why sending her to IFC. Parents will pick her up for me.

Best is of course your mil/ relative...

I 'physco' myself that number 2 going IFC will be more independent n sociable. Number one being only child n grandchild for almost 6 years, has 公主病... Haha

Haha I can imagine the 公主病being brewed in this kind of situation. My LO is also first and only grandchild (also first and only great grandchild) of my inlaws. My hubby did warn my PILs don't spoil her. But every weekend we go visit them I don't see that will happen. Lol.

Talking about separation anxiety, I'm feeling it now that is already September. Everyday like counting down to October when I need to go back and start work.

My boss already planned some training workshops for me to attend, which is going to take up a lot of time. Sign~ Can't imagine if I need to travel overseas.

I have to nod head on #10 and #12 especially.

It didn't mention about meals. It's no longer eating with pleasure at own pace. Unless we are at inlaws place.

I also got the feeling time past so quickly... Initially was having plans how to pass time during the 3 to 4 months. Now already September and could even finish one Korean drama series ..
Can't imagine going back to work.

Ya lo ..I rather use the free time to sleep than watch Korean drama haha so many good drama but no energy to watch :(

I'm planning to buy a stroller, looking for comfortable, suitable for infant till toddle and the seat higher so I don't need to bend down very low to look at baby.
Mummies any recommendation ?

I'm planning to buy a stroller, looking for comfortable, suitable for infant till toddle and the seat higher so I don't need to bend down very low to look at baby.
actually depend. I bought a combi urban stroller for my mum to use. Comfort & spacious easy for her to handle. DH bought a quinny zap extra. Save space in the car as can fit the car bassinet & as baby grow older can change the seat. Bought a extra cheap n light weight & compact seababy for overseas travel. My nos.1 occasionally still use it. Can sleep 45degree.

I bought a Doona before my gal is born. It serves as a car seat/stroller/rocker (all in one). Good if u r driving as u no need to transfer baby to car seat if the LO sleeping. The price is a bit exp though but i feel it is a good buy as it is really useful as sometimes she will sleep in it if she refuses her cot when at home.

Mines a Recaro. Has a detachable infant seat (sits high on stroller). Wanted one like this as don't want to disturb bb sleep when coming out of car. The stroller can be one hand folded in n out. Folded into something like a medium luggage size.

Can't remember till how old that infant seat is for. Will sell/give away by then. She's gifted another car seat which I will use then.

Last edited:
Reactions: emk
I bought a Doona before my gal is born. It serves as a car seat/stroller/rocker (all in one). Good if u r driving as u no need to transfer baby to car seat if the LO sleeping. The price is a bit exp though but i feel it is a good buy as it is really useful as sometimes she will sleep in it if she refuses her cot when at home.

I own a doona too. Is your baby > 5kg & Are u still using the infant insert?

Oh the car seat will sell together with the stroller ? Because I have car seat already .. Anyone use stokke scoot before? Not sure is it heavy or not ..

Hi Mummies,
Been following this thread for quite awhile and now I finally get myself to join your discussions.
I also gave birth in July. FTM. will find time to write my birth story - if you all are still interested :p

Im now bothered with my own health issue.
It's been 6 weeks postpartum, but now I feel cold all the time and sometimes backache and joint aches (if im not covered enough)
I did folllow rules during my confinement but maybe i didnt follow enough and get wind during then. i started feeling like this way three weeks ago
Any mummy experienced the same thing before? And suggestions..?

hello here is my birth story - same as some mummies here i also went through emergency c/s
21 july morning, went to doc clinic for check up (38w+4d) Doc said my water bag level is low, he was worried and suggested me to be admitted in the night to be induced. I was.. omg so fast!
so 21 evening 8pm, I was admitted to gleneagle. 930pm put medicine. I felt nothing throughout that night, only mild irregular contractions from the reading machine.
22 july 7am, doc came and check on me. 0.5cm dilation
9am doc came again, no progress. he tried to break my water bag. I felt soso painful.. cried out, and the doc failed to break because of my "uncooperative body" due to the pain
930am asked for epidural, although at that time i still didnt feel any contraction pain, but i was very scared that doc will came again to do the same thing..
10am epidural admitted. and doc came after that, water bag broke
then here comes the long waiting ...
12pm doc came and check, having good regular strong contractions, but dilation was only 1cm
1pm doc came and check, having good regular strong contractions, but dilation was only 1cm
2pm still 1 cm
3pm still 1cm doc suggested to go for c-section, seeing me and hubby a bit hesitated, doc say lets give him more time
430pm doc come back again, no progress... we decided to give another two hrs, if still no progress, we will go for c/s
630pm still 1cm, though at that time the baby heart beat was still very good and i wasnt have fever or anything.
but end up i give in and agreed for the c/s
730pm baby boy came to the world. 3.1kg, exactly the same as estimated by doc
so this is my birth story. before that i have also read many of your birth stories and was imagining my own. But never thought of will be like this - no dilation ehh ..

Back