2016/07 July babies

What's cradle cap?

I also look like an unloved person. Indeed, after two months day in day out with baby, I think we mummies need to take a break and get me time. I can't understand how some SAHM can look so good. I'm so jealous.

Looks like I need to restart the chix essence. Gifted so many when I popped I better drink them soon. Actually I don't eat well in the day. And I'm sick of the tingkat (even tho only tried 2weeks). My proper meal now is only dinner when hubby buys home. Even so, if baby is not sleeping then, we have to take turn to eat. Our couple time is no longer the same.

Oh makes me feel like getting a Tula! I don't even know how it looks like. I go google.

I personally will not leave kids to helper alone.

@emk can totally feel you! Nowadays I don't even dare to take photos. Shagged face + eye bags are woman's worse nightmares! Everyday is just feeding baby, shower, wash milk bottles, carry him to sleep. I'm thinking those SAHM, how they can tahan :confused:

My boy is not feeding much milk today. Last feed around 130pm, only took in 80ml, till now still sleeping. Thinking whether to wake him up.

Did baby boy wakey to feed? Today my gal also little intake. So far only drank 70% of her usual consumption. Not sure if she will wake within next hour to drink. Been sleeping mostly.

Just read channel news asia new cases of Zika found at where I am staying.....

Gosh dunno why suddenly the virus appear everywhere within such a short period of time

Mummies after the 6 in 1 and rotavirus, your baby poo more often or poo more watery?

Gosh dunno why suddenly the virus appear everywhere within such a short period of time

Mummies after the 6 in 1 and rotavirus, your baby poo more often or poo more watery?
Rotarix symptoms are fever, watery poo and vomit. I just went to the Polyclinic for this, nurse told me to watch out for these symptoms...

When I brought no1 to PD last time, nobody told me Abt any symptoms. Polyclinic nurses 就是 more detailed.

After change diapers must wash hands with soap as it can pass on to us. I guess that's how vaccines work? Weak virus is given to the baby so that the body will develop antibodies to fight it and hence immunity will improve over the real virus?

Mosquitos travelled too. On lemongrass aroma for baby. I can't get mosquitos patch for my nos.1. No stocks at pharmacy Lo.

Rotarix symptoms are fever, watery poo and vomit. I just went to the Polyclinic for this, nurse told me to watch out for these symptoms...

When I brought no1 to PD last time, nobody told me Abt any symptoms. Polyclinic nurses 就是 more detailed.

After change diapers must wash hands with soap as it can pass on to us. I guess that's how vaccines work? Weak virus is given to the baby so that the body will develop antibodies to fight it and hence immunity will improve over the real virus?
Mosquitos travelled too. On lemongrass aroma for baby. I can't get mosquitos patch for my nos.1. No stocks at pharmacy Lo.
@candymoshi oh the pd never tell me about the symptoms..... Hopefully poo will be normal soon

@piglet I bought mine at cityhall watsons.... OSS at novena Guadian n Watson. Can we use lemongrass essential oil?

Mummies, I read that lemongrass don't work well for ades mosquito which is responsible for the Dengue & Zika. You need to get something with the DEET ingredient which is highly effective against them. Like the OFF insect repellent brand.

Don't quite dare to bring bb out too long nowadays. Spreading like mad now.

@candymoshi thanks! I'll go get a bottle and wash bb head! Hopefully it helps! :p

Btw, going for a staycation this coming weekend. Planning on what to bring for the stay. And suddenly it dwell on me that I feel like bringing the whole house there. Now I understand why parents with kids always have so much luggage. o_O

Any tips on what to bring / not bring along when traveling with babies? :rolleyes:

My LO caught the flu bug from her sis n seems to be having blocked nose.. What can I do?

Bring to PD, watch for fever of above 37.3(iirc) ...if fever can use room temperature water to sponge down, (although I know they usually won't want to give infants any meds).

For blocked nose, Sterimar is usually prescribed. Can get otc, is a pressure can of saline solution and a pic of dolphin on it. Flushes out nasal and sinus passages. And keep bb latched to rehydrate. I think now got baby Vicks, use as directed.

Take care, hope u don't catch it either, and that your kids get well soonest!

@Sa_rahhhh it is more what to bring than what not to bring! Maker sure all the necessities like diapers, milk bottles, steriliser etc are there...ha yes I brought along a travel size sterilizer for my trips last time ...I m OCD with my elder..ha

My gal just poo n the poo overflow...gosh just spent the ladt 20 mins cleaning up n washing off the poo stains on her clothes....

Reactions: KWL
Sarah enjoy your staycation! I'm hoping for one soon too. Just get out of the house for a couple of days sounds luxurious enough.

I have a gifted pack of dryers which I tried on bb few days ago. I don't think it can handle heavy poo? Was feeding her halfway and the poo leaked out OMG.

Gosh! Trying to get mosquito patch for the LO but seems everywhere is sold out. Headache...another issue to worry about. Scared she kena bitten by mosquitos. Sigh....:(

Haven't started on reading to bb.

At this age what kind of books we can read to engage them?

I think my residence is near the zika zone. SIL has gotten the OFF spray few days ago at TTSH for LO. Might be sold out by now.

Haiz, just got back from KK Hospital :(

Bb woke up for feeding around 3am, and I found his right eyelid swollen. Scared me to death! Hurry wake my hub to send us to KK Hospital.

The PD says eye infection but not that serious since we brought him in early, just the eyelid affected, but the whites of eyeball is ok. Protocol for KK is any eye infection for kids under 1 year old need to admit for 2 days :eek: but i didn't admit him because don't think he will be comfy there. So took some antibiotics and eye drop home instead. Got to go back and follow up on Monday. :(

Hope he will get well soon!

Haven't started on reading to bb.

At this age what kind of books we can read to engage them?

I think my residence is near the zika zone. SIL has gotten the OFF spray few days ago at TTSH for LO. Might be sold out by now.
@redvel, you can read any children's story to her like little red riding hood, three little pigs etc. at their age black n white books are good. These are usually graphic books... So I will show her a black n white picture of a dog n tell her this is a dog woof woof ....something like that ..

@Sa_rahhhh hope baby gets well soon! U must have waited long at Kkh a&e

Bring to PD, watch for fever of above 37.3(iirc) ...if fever can use room temperature water to sponge down, (although I know they usually won't want to give infants any meds).

For blocked nose, Sterimar is usually prescribed. Can get otc, is a pressure can of saline solution and a pic of dolphin on it. Flushes out nasal and sinus passages. And keep bb latched to rehydrate. I think now got baby Vicks, use as directed.

Take care, hope u don't catch it either, and that your kids get well soonest!
My LO caught the flu bug from her sis n seems to be having blocked nose.. What can I do?

Baby Vicks apply on chest and back of baby. Apply on the soles of baby to ease discomfort. Placing her head on elevated surface (pillow) can help with breathing. Takes Abt 5-7days to clear...

Very limited medication for young babies. Just check no fever and does not cause infection (spread to throat, lungs etc)

Mummies, I read that lemongrass don't work well for ades mosquito which is responsible for the Dengue & Zika. You need to get something with the DEET ingredient which is highly effective against them. Like the OFF insect repellent brand.

Don't quite dare to bring bb out too long nowadays. Spreading like mad now.
Baby too young can't use spray on them. Like air purifier just drop afew drops of lemongrass to prevent the mosquitos. Better than no proctection mah. Already spread to the north.

I have started reading to Bubbles, borrowed some infant books from the library! Found out about the gift pack for babies born after 2016, I especially love the rhymes, and Bubbles seems to enjoy it too ^_^

https://thehootingpost.wordpress.co...library-board-raising-early-readers-for-life/

Over on FB, the July 2016 babies secret group (which I found through this thread) are organizing a 100 day bash, tentatively the leading polled date is Nov 12th. From what I've seen from the earlier month bashes, should be very fun!!! Join ley, would be nice to meet you all and your bubs!

!!! Panic just now! She was rooting so I thought quickly pee before I let her latch, when I returned she already half flip onto her side, almost on tummy!! And I stupidly left her on waterproof sheet in middle of the king sized bed instead of crib, never again...so scary..

Sarah, hope he is gets better real soon! My LO was having teary left eye too with little discharge a week ago. Next day was PD appt on vaccine so also took some eye drop. She is ok now after few days of the drops. So do keep the hands or mittens clean.

Snowfern the link is great. Thanks! I'll head to the library soon.

I think these weeks really have to watch out on flips. Mine did a little flip too from flat to side. So have to be careful if we walk away just for less than a min.

Looks like there's a hot date in Nov. I'm not in the FB. do post up details later ya.

Record breaking. Last night almost midnight dreamfed her. Slept until 7am. Fed her and she went back to sleep.

This is the longest sleep I've had of 6hrs undisturbed since popped her.
Mine still waking up 2.5 to 3 hrs for milk....

Sometimes I'm in dilemma not sure she sleeps longer better or feeds more better. She doesn't seem to be a big drinker, but a 睡神.

Last night mine also slept for 5 hrs straight, but it took 1.5 hrs feeding and another half hr coaxing her to sleep. I think she was overstimulated, relatives came over to see her in morn and afternoon, then evening we went out for dinner with friends. And she's still going through a growth spurt, nursing every hr or so and little sleep all day.

I did think of changing her diapers at 3.30 am when I woke to pee, but it wasn't very wet so I left her be hehe.

I can't remember who recommended the batt powered nail filer. From Q10. can kindly share again which is it? Easy and effective? Sorry I can't locate the search function here.

Thanks KWL!! Need it; Ordering it.

Just sharing - I have to file baby's nails every alternate days, especially the fingernail edges. Mainly because I am not wearing mittens for baby now. So I have to be more diligent to prevent scratches.

Just sharing - I have to file baby's nails every alternate days, especially the fingernail edges. Mainly because I am not wearing mittens for baby now. So I have to be more diligent to prevent scratches.
I shall take note of that. She isn't wearing too but only when sleeping. Thanks loads.

So envy that many babies here are trying to sleep through the night. Mine still not there yet and will wake up every now and then. May not be taking milk but sometimes she juz cry cry and I need to wake up and pay her to sleep. So yes I'm still having disturbed sleep.
My LO still having dunno is it running nose or blocked nose. Can hear that there is mucus in her nose.. So poor thing to be sick at her age. But no choice since having elder sisters at home. Bound to catch some bugs here and there..:(

I bought the tula nfant insert n try to baby wear my gal...she struggles n cries..hmm think I didn't wear her right or she does like to be baby carried

So envy that many babies here are trying to sleep through the night. Mine still not there yet and will wake up every now and then. May not be taking milk but sometimes she juz cry cry and I need to wake up and pay her to sleep. So yes I'm still having disturbed sleep.
My LO still having dunno is it running nose or blocked nose. Can hear that there is mucus in her nose.. So poor thing to be sick at her age. But no choice since having elder sisters at home. Bound to catch some bugs here and there..:(

I know what you mean... Mine still waking every 3hrs... Especially weekend with 2 kids i rather no2 sleeps in the day. With lesser wake time, his night sleep stretch is shorter...

BB so young catch bug cannot take medication very poor thing to struggle with the symptoms until it clears...

@gan1972 the thing with babywearing is baby has to be comfortable before getting in to eliminate all other reasons...but yeah, by all accounts infant insert is definitely warm :(

Last edited:
I know what you mean... Mine still waking every 3hrs... Especially weekend with 2 kids i rather no2 sleeps in the day. With lesser wake time, his night sleep stretch is shorter...

BB so young catch bug cannot take medication very poor thing to struggle with the symptoms until it clears...
Yes... N hopefully it will clear soon. Her intake had decreased.. Not sure if it's due to the flu. Hope she can recover real soon.

I'm still in shock! My neighbours gave us a ring sling yesterday!!! Breastfeeding is so much easier now, Bubbles kept giving out contented sighs while nursing in it for the first time....and my arms...such relief! Although I wrap, I had been considering getting a ring sling for its convenience, but decided against it due to my bad back. But it is perfect for brief tasks at home and bf!! Can't recommend it enough.

Back