2016/07 July babies

So nice to know the bb weight.. I have to wait till next week before seeing the gynae.. It is always a long wait or rather I'm always so excited to see the gynae even though the wait is long. Wanted to know so many things from the gynae.. Like how big is the bb, is everything ok with the bb, is the bb engaged already? Wow juz a list of things I'm asking the gynae at week33! After that think will be twice a mth checkup.. Not even weekly lor.. Haha

Hi will be putting my baby in infant care, yes working mum has $600 subsidy
@gan1972 have you start hunting for vacancies? I am interested in IFC but I don't know when should I start hunting for vacancies. I will require the enrolment to be September as I'm back to workforce after my 2months maternity ):

IFC queue is usually very long, better to find now and put yourself on the list.
I've just sent couple of emails to the IFC awaiting for their reply, I guess I'm too last minute -.- Wanted to hire maid in the first place but now worried that it will cause inconvenient as my place is really too small to live one more adult.

@gan1972 have you start hunting for vacancies? I am interested in IFC but I don't know when should I start hunting for vacancies. I will require the enrolment to be September as I'm back to workforce after my 2months maternity ):

I have visited 3 IFC around my parents pace as they wld help me pick up baby as i usually work late . Likely sending her to sparkletotts but I can only register I deliver. They have vacancy now but not sure if there is still vacancy after I deiver.

I have a helper and she has been with me for 4 years but some how I dun feel comfortable leaving the baby with helper alone although this helper so far is good and can see she is quite good to of my elder . My elder is taken care by my parents and helper is to help with cooking , feeding

I have visited 3 IFC around my parents pace as they wld help me pick up baby as i usually work late . Likely sending her to sparkletotts but I can only register I deliver. They have vacancy now but not sure if there is still vacancy after I deiver.

I have a helper and she has been with me for 4 years but some how I dun feel comfortable leaving the baby with helper alone although this helper so far is good and can see she is quite good to of my elder . My elder is taken care by my parents and helper is to help with cooking , feeding
How did you contact them through their email or visit the centre

gan1972: how old is your elder one? Mine is 2 yo and I have a helper n my mum will b helping me to take care of the elder one n the bb. If have helper n ifc, the cost will b a lot wor.. U really have to reconsider

gan1972: how old is your elder one? Mine is 2 yo and I have a helper n my mum will b helping me to take care of the elder one n the bb. If have helper n ifc, the cost will b a lot wor.. U really have to reconsider
Hi my elder is turning 6 years old in December ... My mum is not intending to look after number 2, so if I leave number 2 with helper , both will be alone at my home. That is the reason why I am sending number 2 to IFC. Yes cost will be high but guess no choice.
Number 1 will still go my parents place with the helper.... Guess she is the lucky one

Have booked the post natal masseur. For natural, when can we start the massage? If c sect, will be later?

All along, we thought my mil will be quitting her job to take care of her first grandchild. But seems like not so. Therefore IFC is the way to go. Neither am I prepared to be full time mom. I think I wanna keep my sanity by working. As much as possible, we try not to engage full time helper.

Back from gynae ... So sad, baby has been head down position since weeks 24 and today at week 31 he decided to be in breech position :( weight 2.1kg

Emk but it's still early right? They can shift their position. Still got 8-9weeks to go so anything can happen!

If by weeks 36 still in breech then got to schedule for c sec :( hopefully my baby will back to head down position on next appointment.

If by weeks 36 still in breech then got to schedule for c sec :( hopefully my baby will back to head down position on next appointment.

Hello, from week 31 to week 36 is still a long way to go, your baby can sommersault in your tummy many many times within this window. Let believe together that your baby will move into the prefect position and stay that way before week 36 ok. Cheers

Thanks ladies, hopefully my baby will be in prefect position by weeks 36. I will try talking to my baby and get him to turn *finger cross* btw I'm bringing nipple shield with me during my hospital stay, anyone going to bring it too?

Asking for C section mama,

Who has done it awake? I did it under GA last time. Gynea is persuading me to do it awake instead. I worry about being awake n listening to all the "operation sounds n discussion". I never liked dentist experience with all the cling clang dang.

Can share your experience? Pros n cons?

For both delivery of my #1 & #2 i have csect awake. Actually its better bcos i can know what is gg on, i can see my baby. I can see my husband by my side. I can talk to him at least so i feel less stressful.

Hi everyone! I am new here. So excited to be reading the comments in this thread. My EDD is 05/07/2016 but since im going to gave elective csect, i will be delivering when im 38 weeks which is between 23/06-26/06.
I am now 32 weeks & 5 days. This is my #3 pregnancy. Its a girl again by the way. So i will be having 3 princesses!

Anyway any of u gg for elective csect & will be delivering at TMC?

Hi everyone! I am new here. So excited to be reading the comments in this thread. My EDD is 05/07/2016 but since im going to gave elective csect, i will be delivering when im 38 weeks which is between 23/06-26/06.
I am now 32 weeks & 5 days. This is my #3 pregnancy. Its a girl again by the way. So i will be having 3 princesses!

Hi I will be gg for elective c at TMC...likely around 1/7

Hi I will be gg for elective c at TMC...likely around 1/7

So have u decided if you are going to take single, 2 or 4 bedded?
Since this is the 1st time i am delivering at private hospital. The 1st 2 i delivered at SGH & NUH.

So have u decided if you are going to take single, 2 or 4 bedded?
Since this is the 1st time i am delivering at private hospital. The 1st 2 i delivered at SGH & NUH.
Is also my first time in private as number 1 at Kkh. Will take single bed.... How about u?

With the recent news abt the maid killing the bb, it's a scary tot to leave helper with bb alone. U won't know what they will do to the bb.
Finally going to see the gynae tmr and get to see my bb weight.. Hopefully she really pump up a lot coz I think I really put on a lot of weight for her.. Hahha.

Happy moment for you verluv. I'm seeing mine this Friday.

At which week we will be scheduled to see gynae weekly?

Hi! I'm new to this forum too, expecting no 2 and edd is 28 jul. Will be having elective csect but at mt A though. I'm already starting to see my gynae weekly now although i'm only 30 weeks coz this one abit complicated now.. For no 1 i only had to start weekly from week 35 onwards if i remember correctly..

Welcome and congrats @314. Thanks for answering my query.

I hope you don't mind me asking what complication you may be facing?

I had spotting in first trim and now restarted in third trim, and also pre term contractions, so have been on bed rest for past one month..

Hello mummies, which part of your tummy u feel the baby kicking? Mine mostly on my right side at the waist line there and center part above my belly button. Wondering is the baby hand or the leg haha

@314 you're at your last leg. Jiayou and rest well.

@emk, it seems like my bb doesn't rotate much. Every time I visit doc she is head down (so far). I always feel her hiccup on left side middle tummy (her torso is there). And now that she is bigger, I can feel her leg kicks on top of my rib cage.

How is the hiccup feel like ? Is it like constantly tapping at the same spot for few min ?

Hello mummies, which part of your tummy u feel the baby kicking? Mine mostly on my right side at the waist line there and center part above my belly button. Wondering is the baby hand or the leg haha
@emk I felt mine stretching her entire body so everywhere of my belly seems to be moving time to time. Hahaha, I guess she's an active one.

Hi all, can I check if it is safe to do pedi and mani during third trimester? Really tempted to do before I pop. Confinement is going to make me feel down w all the recovery and breastfeeding struggles.

Hi all, can I check if it is safe to do pedi and mani during third trimester? Really tempted to do before I pop. Confinement is going to make me feel down w all the recovery and breastfeeding struggles.
Why not? I do everything once I crossed 1st trime.

I went for my pedi recently too but it will be the last before I pop. I will need to remove the color before labor. It's a medical instruction. Not sure if your hospital requires that.

No. I'm more concerned on the white rice eating. (Lol I find this funny la. Yes white rice is not exactly the healthiest but it shouldn't take the sole blame of diabetes nowadays. Work stress, fast food, sodas, lack of exercise etc all these are more scary than plain old staple rice).

Hi, can anyone enlighten whether the estimated 50th percentile and 90th percentile bill for the respective hospital (shown on MOH website) is refering to the whole hospital bill which includes everything including Doc's Fee or solely the cash portion only?

I am trying to estimate my cash portion. Thanks in advance.

I do Mani n pedicure but no paint color. Just bath shiny. I also Shiok. Let people do my toe nails hard to reach nowadays

I do Mani n pedicure but no paint color. Just bath shiny. I also Shiok. Let people do my toe nails hard to reach nowadays
Ya, so difficult to reach the toes now. I've decided to start going for pedi, my doc didn't make me remove nail polish the last time, so I'll just leave my fingernails free of paint so they can still monitor my colour, but I shall keep my nice-looking toenails.

My navel area has really been hurting lately, think it's stretched far too much and looks slightly bruised :eek: anyone getting that too?

Moonlightz - I'm not too worried abt Zika at this stage as our babies are more or less quite developed. Don't get stressed over this.

By the way is anyone concern about the zika virus? I got bitten by a mosquito last week and had been worried about it since.

Hello mummy, worry is no good for you. but if you cannot help but feel worried and stress over it, i strongly suggest you go see a doctor and let the doctor assure you ya.

jia you.

I guess my baby still in breech position as I feel his hiccup next to my belly button. My shoulder, back and leg feel so tired .... And got leg cramp last night, it's soo painful. Feel like going for massage to relax my body

I think massage will really soothe those aches.

Today my gynae says my tummy still feels small. Advices me to sleep on my left for better blood circulation. The fetal movement count shall start tomorrow and his method is not easy. Haha. Website ones he doesn't agree as he says it's too late if anything negative happens.

He also teaches me how to start to clean and moisture the nipples and massage the breasts for them to be ready and supple for breastfeeding. Next visit need to do culture (swap vagina discharge to ensure its all good for natural delivery) and also put on some machine scan (can't remember the term).

I think massage will really soothe those aches.

Today my gynae says my tummy still feels small. Advices me to sleep on my left for better blood circulation. The fetal movement count shall start tomorrow and his method is not easy. Haha. Website ones he doesn't agree as he says it's too late if anything negative happens.

He also teaches me how to start to clean and moisture the nipples and massage the breasts for them to be ready and supple for breastfeeding. Next visit need to do culture (swap vagina discharge to ensure its all good for natural delivery) and also put on some machine scan (can't remember the term).
Hi tummy small but baby size ok shld be ok right? My tummy is also small although I am second time mummy.... Most can't tell i wld be delivering in July ...

Hi tummy small but baby size ok shld be ok right? My tummy is also small although I am second time mummy.... Most can't tell i wld be delivering in July ...
I'm coming 33weeks and bb is just abit over 2kg. Is that like small huh? Throughout my pregnancy I've never really been able to eat more; just normal like pre preg. But my gynae says it's not really anything to do with my intake. More of nutrient absorption by baby thru the placenta.

Ya most ppl also can't tell I'm popping in July.

I'm coming 33weeks and bb is just abit over 2kg. Is that like small huh? Throughout my pregnancy I've never really been able to eat more; just normal like pre preg. But my gynae says it's not really anything to do with my intake. More of nutrient absorption by baby thru the placenta.

Ya most ppl also can't tell I'm popping in July.
Mine is about 2 kg at 32 weeks....doc just said ok. I dun eat much now coz of gd....my doc also asked me sleep on my left

I also heard tt it's better is sleep on left so I do tt a lot. But end up bb is like more on the left and the left of my tummy is bigger and more protruding. Also a lot more movements oj the left. Anyone noticed this too?

Back